• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Why is there so much hate flung towards Curry?

He's a punk and he showed that in game 6 when he threw his mouthguard at the fan giving him shit. A good shooter who played lights out for a long time when it didn't even matter but fell asleep when it did.

They aren't even getting into the Finals next year, mark my words.

Jobbs

Banned
Okay, that was one of the best episode of GOT ever. Probably the best.

The battle scene was pretty remarkable. One of the best shot, choreographied, and edited battle scenes I can remember. The long unbroken shot early on with Jon was sublime.

I'd go so far as to call this episode a feat of television.

FUME5

Yeah, fucking bummed that Rory ddnt pull through. Wonderboy is a beast though.

Rizin the other day was good too. Minus the chicanery in the main. Though I think Fedor won, the scores were fucking weird.

I figured Rory would make it a war but he spent 25 minutes trying to figure out the range, made for a boring main event after the fights beforehand, that slugfest between Bosse and O'Connel was fucking great.

Don't have Fight Pass (although it's starting to look attractive) so didn't watch Rizin, just saw highlights and the giant singing spider woman....Fedor's face was fuuuuucked up.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
He's a punk and he showed that in game 6 when he threw his mouthguard at the fan giving him shit. A good shooter who played lights out for a long time when it didn't even matter but fell asleep when it did.

They aren't even getting into the Finals next year, mark my words.

I thought he threw his mouthguard out of frustration from the shit tier call that had happened a second before?

Either way, I'm not a huge NBA fan. It just surprised me how much of a 180 was made in regards to Curry after he was voted MVP.

marrec

Banned
I thought he threw his mouthguard out of frustration from the shit tier call that had happened a second before?

Either way, I'm not a huge NBA fan. It just surprised me how much of a 180 was made in regards to Curry after he was voted MVP.

Nah, if you watch the reply you'll see him eye the fan up and fling his mouthguard right at him.

Dude can hit a 3 from the locker room you don't think he knows where that mouthguard is going? lol

I was never too hot on calling Curry a best ever, but he put on a show in the regular season that won't be matched for a long ass time, he's a very good player, but he's not a GOAT like Bron is.

What happened in GoT I don't care about spoilers

I CARE PLS NO

Okay, that was one of the best episode of GOT ever. Probably the best.

The battle scene was pretty remarkable. One of the best shot, choreographied, and edited battle scenes I can remember. The long unbroken shot early on with Jon was sublime.

I'd go so far as to call this episode a feat of television.

A gushing Game of Thrones post from you.

The world really is ending.

Nah, if you watch the reply you'll see him eye the fan up and fling his mouthguard right at him.

Dude can hit a 3 from the locker room you don't think he knows where that mouthguard is going? lol

I was never too hot on calling Curry a best ever, but he put on a show in the regular season that won't be matched for a long ass time, he's a very good player, but he's not a GOAT like Bron is.

I CARE PLS NO

Someone PM me spoilers then

Granadier

Yeah, I went back and watched it again and you're right. From the first angle I saw it looked like he just tossed it haphazardly, but he definitely aimed it. That fan most likely deserved it though seeing as you can tell he was heckling the shit out of Curry right before. 6 fouls called and 3 were blatant bullshit, I'd be pissed too.

Jobbs

Banned
A gushing Game of Thrones post from you.

The world really is ending.

Thrones is nothing if not inconsistent, though it has been pretty entertaining this season.

I don't know if you saw the episode but the execution of the
battle scene in nearly every regard was outstanding.

marrec

Banned
Yeah, I went back and watched it again and you're right. From the first angle I saw it looked like he just tossed it haphazardly, but he definitely aimed it. That fan most likely deserved it though seeing as you can tell he was heckling the shit out of Curry right before. 6 fouls called and 3 were blatant bullshit, I'd be pissed too.

Sometimes even the MVP gets bad calls, dude doesn't have the mental fortitude to deal with that without throwing a fit?

I understand the frustration but ya gotta keep your cool, any other player would have been suspended for that bullshit. He just got a 25k fine lol

We've seen Curry's peak, this was his "Linsanity" season and from here on he's going to be simply a very good shooting guard on playoff teams.

Thrones is nothing if not inconsistent, though it has been pretty entertaining this season.

I don't know if you saw the episode but the execution of the
battle scene in nearly every regard was outstanding.

I haven't watched yet but I'm about to.

And yes it's very inconsistent. For every truly good and well written scene there are at least five "bad pussy" moments.

You mourning Ramsey? How long can he just go on being evil before it gets boring? There was nowhere else for him to go. At some point you have to move on. Though I think his "fitting end" was a bit on the nose. I'd have preferred a clean kill or just keep him around as a prisoner for some reason.

I'm not
mourning Ramsay. I'm trying to figure out how we're supposed to believe that Jon dodged all those arrows, how he managed to be saved by the cavalry in the trap at the beginning, and how he climbed out of the body pit (and did so without dozens of broken bones and both his lungs collapsed).

People seem to think I
hate the Starks and want them to lose. I don't. But the show has pretty consistently said the Starks lose because they're stupid. Honorable, maybe, but fucking stupid. Ned harped on about his honor for too long, Sansa wouldn't betray Joffrey at the beginning, Robb's wedding betrayal, et cetera. I want the Starks to learn from that failure, to grow. Sansa actually has in a lot of ways, but Jon is still dumb as fuck. He just lost so many men who would have been useful against the Long Night. He just rushed in when Rickon was on the line despite warnings from Sansa. If the show was consistent, that should have gotten Jon killed again. I want things to turn around for them, but I want it to be earned.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm not
mourning Ramsay. I'm trying to figure out how we're supposed to believe that Jon dodged all those arrows, how he managed to be saved by the cavalry in the trap at the beginning, and how he climbed out of the body pit (and did so without dozens of broken bones and both his lungs collapsed).

People seem to think I
hate the Starks and want them to lose. I don't. But the show has pretty consistently said the Starks lose because they're stupid. Honorable, maybe, but fucking stupid. Ned harped on about his honor for too long, Sansa wouldn't betray Joffrey at the beginning, Robb's wedding betrayal, et cetera. I want the Starks to learn from that failure, to grow. Sansa actually has in a lot of ways, but Jon is still dumb as fuck. He just lost so many men who would have been useful against the Long Night. He just rushed in when Rickon was on the line despite warnings from Sansa. If the show was consistent, that should have gotten Jon killed again. I want things to turn around for them, but I want it to be earned.

Your reasoning is sound but you're simply asking too much from a schlocky fantasy show. Just let it wash over you. I noticed what they were doing with Rickon and how stupid Jon was being, but I complied. I said, okay, show, let's just do this. You're far too demanding for this show. It's not gonna change.

I think the hero surviving an intense battle and some close calls is the least of the problems, anyway. Lots of people survived. Keep reminding yourself what kind of show this is and be thankful for the beautiful effects, choreography, and editing we got this time.

A certain degree of complicity is required in order to enjoy a show like this fully.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
"Shoehorning"
"tumblrinas"
"Sexuality doesnt need to be in the game"
"Meh this is pandering"
"Gay Agenda"
b985f9503d.gif

Granadier

Sexuality is perfectly fine in games (Witcher 3) unless it involves the gay agenda.

duh

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I found sexuality in The Witcher 3 to be gross. Geralt would have like seven different kinds of herpes IRL

Jobbs

Banned
I found sexuality in The Witcher 3 to be gross. Geralt would have like seven different kinds of herpes IRL

I don't want to see his ass. Or hear his gravelly voice. Or deal with the fact that he's an insufferable bore. Makes it hard to make my way through the game, which is a shame because the game is pretty cool other than him.

FUME5

I don't want to see his ass. Or hear his gravelly voice. Or deal with the fact that he's an insufferable bore. Makes it hard to make my way through the game, which is a shame because the game is pretty cool other than him.

Nah, Geralt is a champ.

A bit of a lull in games at the moment so I've picked the game back up.

Jobbs

Banned
Geralt reminds me of Kratos. They're both boring as fuck.

Exactly. He can sod right off and take his gravely voice and tough guy bullshit with him (which clashes with his froofy stupid looking sword moves, btw, everything about this character is fucking lame)

If I keep playing it'll be in spite of him.

edit: not sure if froofy is an offensive term or not, come to think of it. if it is I take it back and suffice it to say his combat moves look stupid as hell

Granadier

Geralt's far more layered than Kratos.

But I'm speaking as someone with a lot of exposure to book Geralt. I feel he is kind of one note in the games.

True, he is far more interesting within the books. My guess is that CDPR took the approach of letting the secondary characters be more interesting when building out the storyline.

That said, I don't think he's terrible. And there are quite a few times when his dialogue is on point.

FUME5

Exactly. He can sod right off and take his gravely voice and tough guy bullshit with him (which clashes with his froofy stupid looking sword moves, btw, everything about this character is fucking lame)

If I keep playing it'll be in spite of him.

edit: not sure if froofy is an offensive term or not, come to think of it. if it is I take it back and suffice it to say his combat moves look stupid as hell

Because it would make total sense for him to have a high pitched voice and be....not tough?

I've been saying the same exact shit about Geralt for aged. I am utterly consistent

Btw Soma is cool.. if you needed a dose of positivity

Yeah, I know. haha

I like Geralt, but I understand why other people wouldn't. And like Alex said all the other characters are interesting enough to cover for Geralt.

I figured you'd enjoy SOMA. Have you gotten all the way through yet? The ending is probably my favorite part.

Jobbs

Banned
Because it would make total sense for him to have a high pitched voice and be....not tough?

I refuse to accept that a video game cliche is the only person who can helm a video game like this

There is nothing interesting about him. He's a standard protagonist. Aka shit.

FUME5

I refuse to accept that a video game cliche is the only person who can helm a video game like this

Nah, as a male power fantasy character he's written exceptionally well.

Tried reading the novels but the translation threw me off so can't comment on book Geralt.

Guys, am I a fucking failure?

What's your metric? But nah, you aren't dead yet.

Granadier

You can't come off a giant celebratory post about Game of Thrones and then bash Geralt for being a standard protagonist. Game of Thrones is the king of standard protagonists.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
RIGHT?

I think I'm gonna enter it.

Link me to the best bigot posts so I can yell at them, Vaz.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207605008&postcount=17
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207606653&postcount=65 "A bunch of Tim Curries"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207607953&postcount=101
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207722900&postcount=477 "LGBTQ-Z"

There are more things in there but my mind is not in mind of scanning more through the thread.

You're not me so you're good.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
No way man. You have a game on Steam.

Geralt shines in Witcher 3 when he interacts with book characters like Lambert, Ciri and Yen. He's wooden around everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom