• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

People screaming that their name will show up in Mighty No 9 credits. Publicly handling those Ls.
KuGsj.gif
I'd say I'm glad I didn't back it but I'm always too lazy to submit my name for the credits anyway. My Kickstarter success is 3/4.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'd say I'm glad I didn't back it but I'm always too lazy to submit my name for the credits anyway. My Kickstarter success is 3/4.

For more Ls it seems there is no information on when people that backed it will be getting their keys and people are already assuming that they will receive their keys after the game is able to launch so they wont be able to preload or play as soon as it drops on steam. The communication of this project seems to be a giant mess if they didnt discuss any of this and people seem lost not knowing what is going on.

Yikes.

Dryk

For more Ls it seems there is no information on when people that backed it will be getting their keys and people are already assuming that they will receive their keys after the game is able to launch so they wont be able to preload or play as soon as it drops on steam. The communication of this project seems to be a giant mess if they didnt discuss any of this and people seem lost not knowing what is going on.

Yikes.
Communication on Boot Hill Heroes was arse (DRM-free builds given out via 24-hour dropbox links, Steam keys only given on request). But that's one guy working out of his basement and the game was fun so I'm willing to let a lot slide.

The main thing holding me back from being the King of Bisexuality is not being attracted to men (but also a bunch of other things). It's unfortunate, I feel like I could really do some good with the position.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, not surprised in the slightest. A shame, really.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Been at work for 2 hours already to place all the orders. I probably fucked up some stuff but screw it

Returning back in two hours time

People say Mega Man is dead, but Capcom keeps referencing him and releasing collections and such. They learned to tune out the people who are never happy so you can't hate that tbh

Vazra

What the flying fuck is that?

Please don't say this is that new Mega Man cartoon....please don't say it!

Its the 2017 Mega Man cartoon produced by Man of Action Entertainment (Ben 10, Ultimate Spider-Man). 20th Century Fox is doing a Mega Man film and Capcom will bring the blue bomber to mobile devices.

Does it hurt?

Chuckie

Its the 2017 Mega Man cartoon produced by Man of Action Entertainment (Ben 10, Ultimate Spider-Man). 20th Century Fox is doing a Mega Man film and Capcom will bring the blue bomber to mobile devices.

Does it hurt?

It hurts. That looks horrible. A Mega Man film could be interesting (but will be a disaster). Is it CGI film? Or are they gonna put some kid in a blue suit.

I can't even imagine how you'd play a Mega Man on a mobile tbh.

Chuckie

Like how you would play any other platformer on mobile, I suppose. That design isn't bad, either. Not great, but not bad.

I never play platformers on my mobile. So I actually cannot imagine how you play it. Does it use touch buttons? Does that work for a game with hard jumps like Mega Man? Timing was always extremely important in that game.

And the design is fucking bad.

I never play platformers on my mobile. So I actually cannot imagine how you play it. Does it use touch buttons? Does that work for a game with hard jumps like Mega Man? Timing was always extremely important in that game.

And the design is fucking bad.
Touch screen buttons. If people can play and beat Sonic 2 on mobile, then Mega Man should be no more difficult.

And that redesign is something we're gonna disagree on, but again I never said it looked good. I just don't think it looks bad.

Vazra

It hurts. That looks horrible. A Mega Man film could be interesting (but will be a disaster). Is it CGI film? Or are they gonna put some kid in a blue suit.

I can't even imagine how you'd play a Mega Man on a mobile tbh.
LOL no idea if CG or Live Action we gotta see what happens. Posible scenario would be Blue Sky Studios doing a CG film.

As for mobile megaman touchscreen dpad and buttons on screen for the mobile games which sucks or they are making a Mega Man Runner type of game.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Mighty No. 9 Reviews

More like Mighty Nein
EDIT:

This is a tragedy, but an expected one.

People seem to believe that old timey vidja developers keep their mojo intact, while in reality many of them only managed to make great games within their historical context and more recently only with the precious input of other folks.

Time passes by, people move in and out, and those developers start putting less work each week, surrounded by dozens of employees taking care of the finer aspects of the more complex games of today. Before you know it, they have lost their way and become the kind of employees/managers that can only be effective within the companies they grew in. Remove them from the pool and they are DOA.

We've seen this countless times before, specially in the PC space.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Think of the sweet dosh you'll make RNH.

Didn't go to work yesterday because of rain, was a $200 shift. You probably get paid regardless you baystard

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

Does it hurt?
That's actually a good pedigree. Both of those shows are excellent.

Morning guys

This is a tragedy, but an expected one.

People seem to believe that old timey vidja developers keep their mojo intact, while in reality many of them only managed to make great games within their historical context and more recently only with the precious input of other folks.

Time passes by, people move in and out, and those developers start putting less work each week, surrounded by dozens of employees taking care of the finer aspects of the more complex games of today. Before you know it, they have lost their way and become the kind of employees/managers that can only be effective within the companies they grew in. Remove them from the pool and they are DOA.

We've seen this countless times before, specially in the PC space.

Romero's KS was one of the recent disasters.

CliffyB is another one that's going to take some L's with Lawbreakers or whatever.

lmao how long until Dude Huge snaps and becomes a gator? Bound to happen with Lawbreakers. It's only a matter of time before he turns into a real shitheel of man.

Popularity changes a man, hunh.

Jobbs

Banned
had an actual sex dream, which I haven't had in who knows how long, but I woke up before it got too good. hate how that happens. stupid real life.

The poor mega man fandom

those poor backers....

The question isn't who lost what in the process of the development, the questions is who will take responsiblity for why Number.9 sucks.

Certainly not Inafune.

I have beaten Chill Penguin on Mega Man X but that's about it, but fuck me that sucks awful amount of shit. Chargeback that shit if you can. Goddamn

Jobbs

Banned
The poor mega man fandom

those poor backers....

The question isn't who lost what in the process of the development, the questions is who will take responsiblity for why Number.9 sucks.

Certainly not Inafune.

I have beaten Chill Penguin on Mega Man X but that's about it, but fuck me that sucks awful amount of shit. Chargeback that shit if you can. Goddamn

No ...

Ks isn't a mall

In all seriousness, Of all the things I genuinely regret, I regret not backing Ghost Song.

That was 2013 or something and I had no job back then so there was no way of me able to if I could....

If I had more money then sense, I would either pay in full for a Wii U/ NX port.

Also, if I had more money then sense, I would also travel to Jobb's house with a cooler of wine jugs and beers and play with his cats all day.

/The wait for September is maddening lol

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
In all seriousness, Of all the things I genuinely regret, I regret not backing Ghost Song.

That was 2013 or something and I had no job back then so there was no way of me able to if I could....

If I had more money then sense, I would either pay in full for a Wii U/ NX port.

Also, if I had more money then sense, I would also travel to Jobb's house with a cooler of wine jugs and beers and play with his cats all day.

/The wait for September is maddening lol
I didn't catch wind about it back in the day, tbh. I'd back it now, and I back fuck all these days.

Give the Metroid license to Jobbs cuz apparently he has a very innate understanding of Super Metroid.

/My ADD sucks and my brain goes faster then my fingers at times
//Always been a problem

Xiao Hu

Omg, this fucking GoT episode. We were so moist while watching it, needed a cigarette afterwards because it was hust as good as sex

Jobbs

Banned
thanks but honestly I wouldn't worry about it, I feel guilty enough as it is given the extremely inflated timeline.

I'm proud of the game though. This is what the first room looked like back during the campaign pitch:

S7axTRu.jpg

and this is what that room in the final game looks like now

LL9VT1O.png

Again, not proud of the timeline. It was irresponsible to start a KS when I knew so little about gamedev but hopefully everyone's happy in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom