• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just feeling worthless reading my proto-KS campaign. Like I have not earned this shit at all. And I know all my fears are 100% stupid.

And my "dream project" keeps getting pushed back. I feel foolish.

Note that i don't really care if the devs want to add gay characters into their games but in many cases i just don't see how that is relevant to the actual game.

How is having a bunch of straight people "relevant"?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Emo Contest Round 2

Edit: This was extremely tongue in cheek. You guys are all rad and I understand your self-hate or lack of self worth, since I have it too, but it's unfounded and wrong.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's weird. I wanna hate/feel sorry for myself but then I think about my life situation and my brain just laughs at me. I have a decent job that I'm good at, I'm on my own (with roommates sure, but you get the picture), I'm not a drunk like 90% of my family, and my mom gets to brag about me. A part of me still feels bad though, kinda like I don't deserve it or something.

How is having a bunch of straight people "relevant"?

I was completely grossed out by Uncharted 4 artificially forcing Drake's sexual orientation into the story with the completely unnecessary scenes of cohabitation with Elena. At first I thought hey, maybe this is normal and they're just good friends, saving money on rent. But NOPE. Predictably, the writers, who are obviously trying to score virtue points with the heterosexual agenda, had to get into the entire straight marriage controversy.

I mean the game was okay so I kept playing for a few hours. But again and again, Drake's straight marriage to a woman was referenced, I think like every other cutscene. I just gave the fuck up and returned this shit to Gamestop. At this rate in five years we're going to have every game be a platform for heterosexuals (Why ARE heterosexuals so obsessed with sex? I mean I'm not against their lifestyle choice or anything, but don't they realize normal people don't build their identity around their sexual orientation?)

And just to be clear, I'm fine with well written straights, provided they are written by straight writers only and represent a meaningful examination of the hetero struggle. Which is why so much of this stuff just comes off as checklist fodder. A game that was about the hetero experience would be one thing. Husbands and wives in something like Uncharted is another, and is unavoidably forced.

This is the best post in that thread.

me @ this GoT lesbian fanfiction coming true

tumblr_o91tp3j6cF1tu0rugo2_1280.jpg

FUME5

It sits in a strange place for me, while I appreciated what it was doing, the gunplay never properly clicked for me and I had to force myself to push through the last few segments.

More a comment on my preferred playstyle I guess, but most firefights felt like they dragged that tiny bit too much.

I really wanted to love it, because besides that it was fantastic.

SolVanderlyn

Wolfenstein was dope.

edit: nvm

jb1234

It sits in a strange place for me, while I appreciated what it was doing, the gunplay never properly clicked for me and I had to force myself to push through the last few segments.

More a comment on my preferred playstyle I guess, but most firefights felt like they dragged that tiny bit too much.

I really wanted to love it, because besides that it was fantastic.

I lowered the difficulty near the end. Too many frustrating bullet sponge enemies.

Misha

Banned
Do you think its a bad idea to buy a comic book just to get an avatar out of it?

Definitely feels that way after you realize theres only 3 semi viable pics in the whole thing

Yes those are the best ones

SolVanderlyn

I like that first one a lot

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
So it seems I'm gonna go on a date with this guy. Workmates are gonna have a goddamned field day. They'll be so proud of themselves lol.

Misha

Banned
I like that first one a lot

Its definitely the best but its hard to make into a vertical avatar. Also it bothers me a bit cause the art style in that portion of the comic made her look 12.

On the plus side, I think I have more confidence in my drawing abilities now

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Do you think its a bad idea to buy a comic book just to get an avatar out of it?

Definitely feels that way after you realize theres only 3 semi viable pics in the whole thing

Yes those are the best ones
They look nice.
dc659ce352.png
f67bd8946b.png
ed9c19c95d.png

Dryk

So it seems I'm gonna go on a date with this guy. Workmates are gonna have a goddamned field day. They'll be so proud of themselves lol.
You need to post about every little detail so a book can be based on this story in 15 years.

Related news: My sister is probably going to quit her job helping care for an autistic boy because her employer (his mother) went off at her and told her not to come back for two weeks after she got a flu shot.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
You need to post about every little detail so a book can be based on this story in 15 years.

Related news: My sister is probably going to quit her job helping care for an autistic boy because her employer (his mother) went off at her and told her not to come back for two weeks after she got a flu shot.

Isn't that what I've been doing on twitter? I also snapchatted a lot of stuff that night. I need to lock myself out of my phone when I drink :/

Wtf is she worried he'll get double autism? I'd quit so hard.

FUME5

What?

Misha

Banned
They look nice.
dc659ce352.png
f67bd8946b.png
ed9c19c95d.png

First one just doesn't have an art style that fits great with her (its okay and would look better with other characters). Second one has a crappy pose for what I'm looking for. Third is close but way too zoomed out.

I'll probably put the first one on tho and try again to make my own (thanks for saving me the effort of cropping btw :p)

The only thing I really remember from The New Order are the hilarious sex scenes.

That pandering
93172c4c87.gif

Yeah, I also don't know why that needed to be in there. You can establish (romantic) relevance without all that.

I have to admit that between Mass Effect and The Witcher and the obvious use of "Tits and Ass" (as I refer to them) female cutscene characters that never show up during the actual game I find the use of sex at all more disturbing than 'worth it' in games. Hell, even most movies and books actually. But in games there a far more disturbing creepiness because it is explicitly within the framework of being a REWARD instead of people running out of ideas. In movies and books, the amount of minutes or pages it takes to a sex scene can be used as a hard and fast ruler to how shitty it will be. (and in most B-movies it's usually not even any kind of consensual sex either...)
There is absolutely no good reason why a good storyteller would select the utter waste of time of depicting sex to part of a story. The aftermath, or perhaps showing it as an apex of a relationship, would be valid reasons, but you would keep it short and never "just show it".
The only game that had a valid reason for having it in it was Mafia. And even that could have been cut without too much damage to the story.

But all that aside, what has this to do with Dishonored 2, exactly? I don't go to Gaming Side anymore so I don't know.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah, I also don't know why that needed to be in there. You can establish (romantic) relevance without all that.

I have to admit that between Mass Effect and The Witcher and the obvious use of "Tits and Ass" (as I refer to them) female cutscene characters that never show up during the actual game I find the use of sex at all more disturbing than 'worth it' in games. Hell, even most movies and books actually. But in games there a far more disturbing creepiness because it is explicitly within the framework of being a REWARD instead of people running out of ideas. In movies and books, the amount of minutes or pages it takes to a sex scene can be used as a hard and fast ruler to how shitty it will be. (and in most B-movies it's usually not even any kind of consensual sex either...)
There is absolutely no good reason why a good storyteller would select the utter waste of time of depicting sex to part of a story. The aftermath, or perhaps showing it as an apex of a relationship, would be valid reasons, but you would keep it short and never "just show it".
The only game that had a valid reason for having it in it was Mafia. And even that could have been cut without too much damage to the story.

But all that aside, what has this to do with Dishonored 2, exactly? I don't go to Gaming Side anymore so I don't know.

Dishonored 2 will have LGBT character or characters and some people feel threatened by it by the looks of it or think its unnecessary to give representation to minorities because It's videogames.

Dryk

Isn't that what I've been doing on twitter? I also snapchatted a lot of stuff that night. I need to lock myself out of my phone when I drink :/
If you did that your Twitter would never have anything on it though

Wtf is she worried he'll get double autism? I'd quit so hard.
She reckons that he's going to catch the flu off of her. Her hours are slowly increasing over time even though she was hired under the pretense of a maximum of 6/week. If she doesn't quit I'm going to have to vocally disapprove.

Ok, the German PR fucker just back paddled on his 'jokes' during the stream :/

Do I even want to know what the "jokes" were?

You have good taste tbh

Several hours later and I'm still screaming about GoT

I mean Triss is cool too and much better in the games than she is in the books because she's such a background character in the books, but like Yennalt is the OTP of all time tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom