• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
I didn't catch wind about it back in the day, tbh. I'd back it now, and I back fuck all these days.

Same. I used to back things all the time that had no reason to be made too, but somehow missed Ghost Song. *shrug* Doesn't matter in the end because it seems like it's working out.

:: removes MM#9 from steam wishlist ::

HA HA At least I didn't expect anything out of this trash

*quietly does the same*

Inafune will get work again, but I doubt we'll see a Mighty No 9 II

Dryk

Omg, this fucking GoT episode. We were so moist while watching it, needed a cigarette afterwards because it was hust as good as sex
I loved it but I'm going to have to disagree
but that may be because at least I get an hour a week of GoT

marrec

Banned
My excruciatingly slow catch up on GoT remains excruciating. Why did I let myself get so far behind? I'm a fool.

At least I know S6 is good unlike S5...

Jobbs

Banned
It airs a day later. Both Trab and me made that clear.

I'm not going to spoil it. I'm just saying what the reality is. I saw it, but I've already seen spoilers that I didn't try to hear/read.

I've never seen a more passionless game. I have my doubts that all $4 million went into this. A motivated/multi talented individual could probably do this himself in that timeline. It makes no sense.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I used to watch GoT but then I realised I have taste and I can read and waiting is not hard.

Misha

Banned
Maybe I'm missing someone but "trolling" always seemed to mean some level of bullying. I don't remember it ever being benevolent like people try to claim

Jobbs

Banned
Maybe I'm missing someone but "trolling" always seemed to mean some level of bullying. I don't remember it ever being benevolent like people try to claim

My understanding is that trolling is the act of trying to provoke a reaction and get attention. It's not necessarily bullying.

Misha

Banned
My understanding is that trolling is the act of trying to provoke a reaction and get attention. It's not necessarily bullying.
How is trying to provoke anger or annoyance not bullying at least on a small scale? (I've never heard it being used for other kinds of reactions)

Jobbs

Banned
How is trying to provoke anger or annoyance not bullying at least on a small scale? (I've never heard it being used for other kinds of reactions)

If in some format I just kind of kept saying calculated silly nonsense that disrupts the conversation in a playful way and directs attention to myself in a playful way I'm still trolling even though I'm not being negative towards anyone.

I've never seen a more passionless game.

IMG_0164.0.0.PNG

Anything by Glu Mobile.

Misha

Banned
If in some format I just kind of kept saying calculated silly nonsense that disrupts the conversation in a playful way and directs attention to myself in a playful way I'm still trolling even though I'm not being negative towards anyone.
I haven't heard anything by that meaning in a long time but I guess rickrolling was once considered trolling, though it was out of style by the time I used message boards I feel like it would be called "shit posting" now though

Do you think it's a fair statement that the term "trolling" is mostly used (now at least) to describe something that is mocking, bullying, or harassment?

Jobbs

Banned
Anything by Glu Mobile.

:: shudders ::

thankfully mobile gaming isn't something I have any contact with. It's been literally years since I've downloaded a game on my phone.

For a console game that raised $4m on KS and probably had other sources of funding as well MN09 is shocking. I don't mean to keep talking like I'm awesome, because I'm not, but I could make a game fans would have liked better for 1/10 that money and I really believe that. I grew up playing Mega Man on NES, and I remember the amazing transition to Mega Man X, and I fundamentally understand Mega Man. I know the language of the game. Inafune seems not to.

gInfxuE.jpg

I haven't heard anything by that meaning in a long time but I guess rickrolling was once considered trolling, though it was out of style by the time I used message boards I feel like it would be called "shit posting" now though

Do you think it's a fair statement that the term "trolling" is mostly used (now at least) to describe something that is mocking, bullying, or harassment?

I think trolling is being disruptive. Rick rolling is a good example. It may be mean spirited or mean in tone but it doesn't have to be. That's my honest take on it.

Chuckie

Now yeah. But it really disturbs the original meaning because initially it was done in this way:

Which is awesome. But recently it is just as a cover to say the most racist and sexist shit ever...and then say you were 'just trolling'.

Misha

Banned
I think trolling is being disruptive. Rick rolling is a good example. It may be mean spirited or mean in tone but it doesn't have to be. That's my honest take on it.
Why do people feel the need to claim trolling mean spiritedly isn't trolling? Is it old people who are nostalgia for a time when people ignored the fact that people have always been shitty to each other on the Internet?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
MN09's downgrade is just downright sad. It looks like such an excruciatingly boring game.

Jobbs

Banned
Why do people feel the need to claim trolling mean spiritedly isn't trolling? Is it old people who are nostalgia for a time when people ignored the fact that people have always been shitty to each other on the Internet?

I get it. Well done

MN09's downgrade is just downright sad. It looks like such an excruciatingly boring game.

I don't know any downgrade other than after the tiny little sample prototype near the end of the campaign. After that point the game has always looked terrible

Misha

Banned
I get it. Well done

I don't know any downgrade other than after the tiny little sample prototype near the end of the campaign. After that point the game has always looked terrible
That's still a serious question even if I'm using a leading question in the second sentence. It seems like anytime someone does something bad people want to disassociate it from a term or group. It can definitely be both bad and part of that group and claiming it isn't makes it easier for other shitty people to claim they're not doing what that person is doing. "That wasn't okay because it want real trolling, now this is okay because it actually is trolling."

Happens with jokes too. Jokes are very often used for bullying but everyone thinks there's no way their jokes can be bad. If instead of saying "you can make jokes but you can't bully" you say "be careful when you make jokes because sometimes they can really hurt people", at the very least it gives people way less leeway for excuses

marrec

Banned
Oh god, I'm having training on how to not beat my non existing husband

Do you find it hard to not beat your non existing husband?

That's still a serious question even if I'm using a leading question in the second sentence. It seems like anytime someone does something bad people want to disassociate it from a term or group. It can definitely be both bad and part of that group and claiming it isn't makes it easier for other shitty people to claim they're not doing what that person is doing. "That wasn't okay because it want real trolling, now this is okay because it actually is trolling."

Happens with jokes too. Jokes are very often used for bullying but everyone thinks there's no way their jokes can be bad. If instead of saying "you can make jokes but you can't bully" you say "be careful when you make jokes because sometimes they can really hurt people", at the very least it gives people way less leeway for excuses

While all true, I'm still not sure what you're getting at.

Trolling can be either mean or not mean. Not every bit of shit stirring done on the internet is bullying unless you want to change what bullying means.

It's by no means an innocent act as it includes a large bit of mischievous intent but I don't think the term "troll" has been subverted so much at this point that it cannot both included Ken M. and some jackass on twitter being a jackass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom