• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao Hu

I like the LOTR universe, but I really cannot stand the books. So dry and meandering.

The thing I liked about Shadow of Mordor was that it tapped into parts of the lore that haven't been touched by the movie trilogies (besides I also liked the game mechanics). I also adore how mysterious magic has remained, it is truly a force hard to grasp that is either bestowed upon you by devine will or occurs in its corrupted dark form.

I just took the elevator with some guy who apparently also works where I work but I didn't recognize him. I think the said hi but I thought he meant someone else so I just looked at him and said nothing. this will haunt me now :S

tumblr_nli8qm5uPf1s5b5tzo1_500.jpg

Symphonia

Banned
My biggest pet peeves are the people that don't even try to signal to the outside world that they are on a bluetooth.
Or those who walk around town all the while staring down at their phone screens, not looking where they're going. Or people who stick to the wrong side of the pavement.

Symphonia

Banned
Dinner tonight- 2 tubs of yogurt and half a packet of chips. I am a perfectly functioning adult.
My dinner the other night consisted of a homemade pizza (a slice of toast with cheese and tomato sauce chucked on top), a bag of crisps, and a tub of cookie dough ice cream.

My diabetes loves me.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Nice to see more people adopt my meal plans.
You truly are my brother from another mother.
My dinner the other night consisted of a homemade pizza (a slice of toast with cheese and tomato sauce chucked on top), a bag of crisps, and a tub of cookie dough ice cream.

My diabetes loves me.

Great now I want ice cream.

Also my brother and I used to make those pizzas as kids haha.

I'm about ready to fucking commit murder

Dropped a socket and it fell God knows where. Probably into the belly of the plane, which we can't get to without sheet metal people, which is going to take at least 2-3 hours, and then I have to finish the fucking job that I was working on, so I'm looking at easily a 12 hour shift because of one dumb fucking tool.

I fucking hate this job, I deadass have to go find a quiet place to scream or I'm gonna go crazy.

AND IT FUCKING PISSES ME OFF BECAUSE SWING SHIFT COULD'VE DONE THIS FUCKING JOB BUT THEY DIDNT AND IM JUST

Jobbs

Banned

Dropped a socket and it fell God knows where. Probably into the belly of the plane, which we can't get to without sheet metal people, which is going to take at least 2-3 hours, and then I have to finish the fucking job that I was working on, so I'm looking at easily a 12 hour shift because of one dumb fucking tool.

I fucking hate this job, I deadass have to go find a quiet place to scream or I'm gonna go crazy.

AND IT FUCKING PISSES ME OFF BECAUSE SWING SHIFT COULD'VE DONE THIS FUCKING JOB BUT THEY DIDNT AND IM JUST

see if this helps

RTrtWqv.gif

I'm sure it doesn't, but still

marrec

Banned
Aww ya, Yankee Candle sale, got 3 Large Candles for 30 bucks Wednesday is starting out GREAT!

Was working with a friend of mine up a Wind Turbine, we were changing the oil in the gearbox (an operation that takes hours in and of itself, draining 55 gallons at a time and sending it down tower via wench), we were almost done, the second to last new oil being added, when my elbow knocked the cap of the oil drum into the gearbox. My friend had set it right near the opening for some reason.

I about threw him off the fucking tower.

We had to drain all the new oil we'd just put in and scrap it, then take the gearbox apart piece by piece until we'd found that damn cap. These gearboxes are huge, about as large as a small hotel room, so it took us about 15 hours to find it.

It was the worst day on the job ever.

Fuck that guy, but also fuck me for knocking it in.

GL finding the socket, hope it's right there once the sheet metal guys are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom