• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This is me.
13466514_1411784848843650_6856339240070721840_n.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
Extreme close-ups of food being prepared are one of the things I hate most

Whole intro of Dexter used to kill me , fr exactly.lle

Haven't seen it but it looks like she's going to cut someone up!

oh come on Coraline is a classic. Fix that pronto!

Yeah, she's kind of threatening someone in that scene. It's a boy who's getting on her nerves at the moment, and his name is Wyborn because even his parents hate him.

Timu

oh come on Coraline is a classic. Fix that pronto!

Yeah, she's kind of threatening someone in that scene. It's a boy who's getting on her nerves at the moment, and his name is Wyborn because even his parents hate him.
I'll do it this summer, I promise, and then talk about it!!!

Ha, ha this movie sounds crazy already.

Dryk

Well Attempt 2 at Hard Conversations with Good Friend was a massive failure. Attempt 3 probably ends with the fucking nuclear holocaust.

People basically telling me I'm dumb and that my PC is shit

They started out nice but now the mean people came in.

my feelings are hurt
Atheists, PC gamers, etc. Why must all my demographics be made of jerks

yeah, you could say it varys from person to person
I see what you did there.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, I have a new cooler on the way.

I never liked this cartoon, but this is a good reaction gif. Saving it for future use.

7BZO4al.png

Misha

Banned
Mighty no 9 doesn't look as bad as I was expecting. Seems about normal for a 20$ kickstarter game. Seems mostly a victim of hype (well and the issues with wiiu and such but people have been down on it before that)

Mighty no 9 doesn't look as bad as I was expecting. Seems about normal for a 20$ kickstarter game. Seems mostly a victim of hype (well and the issues with wiiu and such but people have been down on it before that)

It was the victim of hype.

I mean, it's def a budget game and nowhere near what it could be, but it's passable.

By the way.

All the fucking Mighty No. 9 streams are titled "It's better than nothing".

Timu

Maybe not but it sure has performance issues even on PS4. My bro has it on his PC and had to alter some settings to get it to run.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I SMELL CHILI BUT NOBODY IS MAKING CHILI AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE CHILI INGREDIENTS IN THE HOUSE???

I'm going insane

Clydefrog

I SMELL CHILI BUT NOBODY IS MAKING CHILI AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE CHILI INGREDIENTS IN THE HOUSE???

I'm going insane

Dude, I just started a game of Rocket League and I thought I saw a cockroach somewhere on my desk. I lost focus like 5 times during the game and lost. Schrodinger's roach still somewhere here...

Xiao Hu

Those Tolkien lore posts on imgur make me crave for a Middle Earth RPG so bad. Got me really moist just thinking about horse riding in the endless stepp of Rohan.

People basically telling me I'm dumb and that my PC is shit

They started out nice but now the mean people came in.

my feelings are hurt

Unfortunately a custom PC is inherently an untested system and may produce incompatibilities and issues all of its own. An OEM system can be tested beforehand, much like a mass produced console, but that still leaves an inherent failure rate of the hardware itself. (and failure due components being terrible or ill-equipped for their load)

Don't take it too personal. Many people become convinced they are experts and can therefore predict the inherently unpredictable, even more so when they don't know shit.

btw, one look at this picture:

dJCp0bB.jpg

And I can tell it's your CPU cooler. Unlike the graphics card, the processor should be low temperature values. A GPU can vary wildly and even above 70 degrees if required. A CPU cannot and will immediately perform a thermal shutdown, which is basically just taking the power off the CPU and throwing off the power right away. That is what you are experiencing and why you can't turn it back on when it does. Because it's literally cooling off. But this is the normal operation of any CPU.
The telltale sign is that your other components have normal values whereas in normal operation they should have about the same values. If playing a video game, both CPU and GPU become hotter, but the GPU much more so since it's doing the heavy lifting on video.

However, you said you re-applied thermal paste and it did too little, so when you do it with the new cooler, make sure to remove any remaining fragments of the old one first (using a piece of paper, never use anything metal or with static charge) and then apply the new one. Old and new paste do not mix and do not transfer heat between one another. Also, while you can put a drop in the middle of the heatspreader (the iron top of the CPU), spreading the paste out a little will increase your odds of a better transfer. Do not apply too much and none towards the edges of the CPU though. The clamp from the cooler will push the metal from the cooler (its heatsink) on the CPU's metal cover anyway, the paste is just there to ensure the very tiny space between them is made continuous. It is important however, that you make sure the clamps are on the whole way, which leaves zero room for movement on it. And, while pushing the second one down (if I remember correctly) with your one free hand, keep the cooler pressed (mildly) down with the other to leave no room for error.

That is all.

I'm worried about jb

And this too. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom