• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Banned
I like this picture.

6JLsy.jpg

zeemumu

It's dumb to dismiss your own problems just because other people have it worse anyway. It would be like saying you should never feel happy because someone, somewhere invariably has it better than you.

Unless you're in the top 1%. Then I guess no one else does.

I know. I just don't like being one of those people who complain to someone else and doesn't realize that the other person has it worse. For example:

"My car didn't start today."

"And? I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every night I break my arms. I lay awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep."

Turin

Banned
I know. I just don't like being one of those people who complain to someone else and doesn't realize that the other person has it worse. For example:

"And? I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every night I break my arms. I lay awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep."

HAH!

I get what you're saying though. Weighing how to approach your own personal issues can be difficult in itself.

Toa TAK

Banned

You know, it's funny because I just had this talk with my father a few days ago.

I know I post a ton through mobile, but I'm constantly busy with school, work, and whatever other responsibilities that come up or normal. And I never really talk about them with anyone. Not at work because I'm still super green and I'm better off being quiet and learning, especially since I just passed probation. Then in school where I'm at all day doing easy but loads of work for it, then I have that back-to-back with work where I'm working overnight 12 hours.

But all my life I've been taught to recognize and see how crappy other people around the world have it and that I have it pretty damn good. That's the attitude I've always taken in my life: It's always worse for someone, so I'll just be quiet and deal with it with a good attitude. Problem is, for me at least, is that I never talk about what stresses me out or anything like that. Not even with my friends that I rarely speak with since they're equally busy and I'd rather hear them talk. Never school, work, hot chick in my class, or the stupid people in LA. It builds up and fucking explodes at least once a month (for some reason) and that's not the way it should be. It should be letting it out little by little, instead of letting it manifest into a fit of frustration and tears.

Shit, I've been having car issues, too. And not just my car either. Just came back from picking up another with a busted rear bumper and practically flushed $500 down the toilet. Even as I type this now all I can think of is "Grown ass 20 year old with #firstworldproblems typing on his labtop with a great house, family, dog, and Xbox One. Has everything in the world while downtown is cluttered with people who need help."

Point is, zeemumu, I completely understand, but despite the fact there ARE people who are truly suffering experiences we cannot even imagine, the things that still bother us: bother us. That doesn't go away, it doesn't change just because you have it better. Everyone deals with something different and soon enough, it will take over. How you manage what you feel is on you.

So just talk bro. To us, to your people, whomever. I'm sure you know someone who'll listen, FakeGAF will at the very least. =D

Odds are, there will most certainly be someone who has it worse than you, always people who get lost in the scuffle of life. Doesn't mean that your problems aren't legitimate. I know those feels tho, I've been avoiding getting help for my anxiety and depression because of similar issues. It is hard because people don't take it seriously and you always get the fake "i'm sorry" response from people who don't understand the feeling of not remembering when you last felt legitimately happy or the last time you weren't so stressed to the point of almost (or actually) crying due to feelings of being lost in life.

Windam

Scaley member
Odds are, there will most certainly be someone who has it worse than you, always people who get lost in the scuffle of life. Doesn't mean that your problems aren't legitimate. I know those feels tho, I've been avoiding getting help for my anxiety and depression because of similar issues. It is hard because people don't take it seriously and you always get the fake "i'm sorry" response from people who don't understand the feeling of not remembering when you last felt legitimately happy or the last time you weren't so stressed to the point of almost (or actually) crying due to feelings of being lost in life.

This so much. It gets much, much worse when you're physically unable to cry anymore. There's no release.

I've been getting treatment since 2012 and hasn't really done much.

zeemumu

That's why I've always hated the saying "it could be worse." Of course it could. I could be murdered by Dennis Rodman. When someone puts me in a situation where that is the appropriate response, I just say "it happens " instead.

Windam

Scaley member
That's why I've always hated the saying "it could be worse." Of course it could. I could be murdered by Dennis Rodman. When someone puts me in a situation where that is the appropriate response, I just say "it happens " instead.

The worst is when people ask you "So do you know what it is that's bothering you/made you like this?". "It just happens."

Trying to explain that is like trying to explain quantum physics to a three-year-old.

zeemumu

The worst is when people ask you "So do you know what it is that's bothering you/made you like this?". "It just happens."

Trying to explain that is like trying to explain quantum physics to a three-year-old.

I haven't read the manual that came with me when I was born so I couldn't tell you.

I'm working past a lot of stuff but that alone feeling always persists, along with the feeling of being watched when I enter a store but that's a different story.

Windam

Scaley member
I haven't read the manual that came with me when I was born so I couldn't tell you.

I'm working past a lot of stuff but that alone feeling always persists, along with the feeling of being watched when I enter a store but that's a different story.

Yup. Even when I'm with/around other people. Feel like I can't really forge a connection with anyone.

Turin

Banned
I often don't want people's support though, preferring to deal with sadness and other things alone. This probably relates to a habit I have of alienating people.

zeemumu

Reminds me of that yahoo answers joke about that girl secretly spiking her boyfriends food with her period blood to turn him into a vampire.

zeemumu

I often don't want people's support though, preferring to deal with sadness and other things alone. This probably relates to a habit I have of alienating people.

I just wouldn't want people to treat me any differently. If I gain your approval, I want it to be because I earned it, not because you were afraid of hurting my feelings otherwise.
Scary movie 1-2 so good
Is this the part where I'm supposed to bleeeeed?

Turin

Banned
Hobbiton can be a wonderful place until that pesky craving for adventure comes around.....

I just wouldn't want people to treat me any differently. If I gain your approval, I want it to be because I earned it, not because you were afraid of hurting my feelings otherwise.

Understandable. I think just about everyone wants honest respect.

I behave individualistically by habit. I think I'd rather just be myself and people not like me. With that said I'd hate to become morally repugnant.

zeemumu

Understandable. I think just about everyone wants honest respect.

I behave individualistically by habit. I think I'd rather just be myself and people not like me. With that said I'd hate to become morally repugnant.

I can usually enjoy being on my own as long as I'm not reminded. The reminders are crippling. They say we Koopas are made of steel. Steel on the outside. Buy on the inside, that's where the venom does it's work.

By the way

Thoughts?

The_Poet

Banned
BREAKING NEWS: Australia, after years of being the worlds largest prison is seeking retribution.

They are blocking anyone from entering meaning that the rest of the world is now Australia's prison.

Indeed. Truly, Tony Abbott is the greatest Australian PM in history.

A man who really cares about his people unless they're not white. Even suntanned may be too dark.

Boom Vampire Cum is something I'd only expect to see over Twilight fanfic sites.

"What happens now?" Bella asked shyly.

"Boom vampire cum," Edward smiled.

The blood red load sent Bella flying across the room and slamming into the opposite wall. The impact knocked her out and she went into a coma for several months. She later died of her injuries.

~Fin~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom