• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
Don't even lie, after the cats you'd probably just head home with your cat bounty, you wouldn't steal all his stuff.

Outlast was pretty bad.

that's some old school cat burglary

and thank you

So you never watched any of the extra environmental stuff unfold around you? Like those dudes having a corpse orgy? And there are plenty of really good horror games that involve being pursued by a single entity through scripted events.

The lack of fight is what's supposed to make those situations scary. Doom is the other end of the spectrum. You can run in Doom but why would you?

I don't remember many specifics about the scripted events. Maybe?

I think video games are at the height of their video gameness when the player is presented with a world and a set of rules. Being sort of "guided" through a highly preset experience may be fun for some people, but I get bored, especially if the story and characters suck, which is the case in most video games

OMG, are you my mom. Both between trying to get me married and in calling me Aithbreac.I don't mind it's just no one calls me that, lol.

But it would never work out because I hate Dark Souls and watch lots of anime.

sorry, I'm just obsessed with names

Good morning all together, my tacos from yersterday don't sit well :S

Quick read from the last to pages:

- Jobbs should keep the sex nurse. Wir brauchen einen Stammhalter!

- Small talk is boring. I hate it a lot because it's repetitive and in most cases I ask stuff out of politeness instead of genuine interest. But if the other person is interesting enough/eloquent one needs to push with more daring questions or even challenge with statements.

- Using fahrenheit over celsius is confusing as fuck

- Oh, and Dragonz hasn't complained about her life for half a day. Did something nice happen to her finally?

Edit: Ohohoh, I also dreamed that trab changed her avatar to some boring shit and somehow I was really upset about it xD

Small talk is all some people are comfortable with, so I'll engage if someone else initiates. But I do try to take things to a more interesting place if there's an opening!

Oh, and I specifically left the F off of the ° to confuse the communists.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
No, Outlast is a game I was semi hypd for, because a friend of mine tried to convince me it was the second coming of horror games. I have lamented since Resident Evil 4 how much I fucking missed really scary forboding games. And I thought Outlast was going to be that! But it was just so dumb. The stereotypical story, the retarded lighting, the linearness of it, etc. I was so disappointed and angry.
I don't like anything that's a cheap jumpscare, and I hate how much horror has just devolved into that. I like my horror mood driven and giving you a disturbing uncomforting feeling. Something like, say, that one level in Demon's Souls where you're trying to get out of that asylum. The creep factor of hearing those bells is enough to get the hairs on your spine to stand up straight.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Nobody ever gets my name right. They either leave out the hyphen or call me Juan.

I like Sol just fine. Not only is it the beginning of the second half of my real last name backwards, it's also the name of one of the coolest VG characters:

304672-sol_fist.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't like to get heavy online in general, but I'm trying to drink less and the depression/suicidal thoughts are attacking me like ethereal crows picking my lethargic shell dry. No I don't need help, I'd never do anything stupid. Alcohol did help with this though.

It's painful, though, like a physical illness.

Sorry, I needed to vent that frustration a bit. Carry on

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I don't like to get heavy online in general, but I'm trying to drink less and the depression/suicidal thoughts are attacking me like ethereal crows picking my lethargic shell dry. No I don't need help, I'd never do anything stupid. Alcohol did help with this though.

Get help, that shit eats away at you. I've had some nasty PTS episodes I ignored for a long time and suicidal ideations creeped farther and farther into my head until it put me in an awful state mentally. Don't let it get out of hand.

I'm paler. :S

I'm so pale the skin on my shoulder is transluscent

That word shouldn't exist. In every single context when spoken aloud it's going to sound like comedy.

Not if you pronounce Ts properly

Hell yeah we should do Saboteur again as well. We also need more people to join us. :D

HEY EVERYONE LET'S PLAY BOARD GAMES AT SOME POINT

Full communism now

Jobbs

Banned

you're making it hard to post stupid gifs

seriously though, since I lack the ability to do anything else, I'll acknowledge what you said and attempt to transmit some positive psychic energy... in the form of a stupid gif

look at how much this dog sucks

ExcellentFragrantHammerheadshark.gif

I don't mind. At least you guys were taught how to pronounce it <3

God dammit,I have a mucous cyst that is driving me fucking crazy

I don't really know what that means and I'm too scared to google it

Xiao Hu

Small talk is all some people are comfortable with, so I'll engage if someone else initiates. But I do try to take things to a more interesting place if there's an opening!

Fuck. My &#1084;&#1072;&#1089;&#1082;&#1080;&#1088;&#1086;&#1074;&#1082;&#1072; has been blown. I request extraction, &#1096;&#1090;&#1072;&#1073;-&#1082;&#1074;&#1072;&#1088;&#1090;&#1080;&#1088;&#1072;!
&#1089;&#1091;&#1082;&#1072; &#1073;&#1083;&#1072;&#1090;&#1100;

SolVanderlyn

her name isn't lillith
Yeah, it's LilithThePale, God, get it right

Is it possible to be attracted to a name? I really like the name Jessica, for example

seriously though, since I lack the ability to do anything else, I'll acknowledge what you said and attempt to transmit some positive psychic energy... in the form of a stupid gif

The best form of therapy.

Get help, that shit eats away at you. I've had some nasty PTS episodes I ignored for a long time and suicidal ideations creeped farther and farther into my head until it put me in an awful state mentally. Don't let it get out of hand.
Thanks. PTS episodes I'm not familiar with, but I imagine that shit sucks too.

Ceallach

you're making it hard to post stupid gifs

I don't really know what that means and I'm too scared to google it

Little bubble under my lip, but OH GOD DON'T GOOGLE IT. Mine is super tiny and when I googled examples to show, I had no idea how bad they could get.

Not if you pronounce Ts properly

I disagree. We may have to bring this case before a committee.

(also I never butt in on paleness competitions because my username makes that redundant and also you'd probably beat me)

What kind of a name is lillith anyway

Hebrew names are awful. I know coz I got the original one.

Adam, from adama, means of-dirt. Earthling, if you will.

The Lilith creature in mythology is a strong and crafty character which I appreciate. Plus it's not very far from my given name, Lilian, which comes from the Latin name for the lily flower.

her name isn't lillith

I'll take the L

SolVanderlyn

Isn't the biblical Lilith partially responsible for the downfall of the human race

zeemumu

I don't like anything that's a cheap jumpscare, and I hate how much horror has just devolved into that. I like my horror mood driven and giving you a disturbing uncomforting feeling. Something like, say, that one level in Demon's Souls where you're trying to get out of that asylum. The creep factor of hearing those bells is enough to get the hairs on your spine to stand up straight.

Jumpscares are fine as long as they're earned. A building sense of dread turns you brittle and leaves you open to one. If they're all you've got and you keep expending them over and over again then there's no power to your punches. In Outlast there was a decent amount of time between each jumpscare for me. A lot were caused by getting caught, which I usually wasn't expecting, so when shit went down, it went down hard, and I was vaulting over stuff and busting through doors trying to find a place to hide. There was a point in that game where you're just walking through a hallway with the night vision on, and I opened a door and immediately saw a shadow
(the Wallrider or whatever the fuck)
materializing and heading straight for me, and I slammed the door in its face.
I don't remember many specifics about the scripted events. Maybe?

I think video games are at the height of their video gameness when the player is presented with a world and a set of rules. Being sort of "guided" through a highly preset experience may be fun for some people, but I get bored, especially if the story and characters suck, which is the case in most video games

In general, yeah. Games are better when you have more options, but typically games get less scary when you have more options. I don't mean more options in where you can go but more options in what you can do. That demon doesn't look as frightening when you're carrying around a double barrel shotgun. RE2 and 3 got away with it by making enemies who were so ominous and foreboding that you didn't really think you were equipped to beat them, and a lot of the time you weren't. A lot of other horror games employ the "hide from patrolling monster" mechanic. Amnesia, SOMA, there's probably some in SCP but I never really made it that far because that game's still a little buggy, Clock Tower, One Late Night, etc. In patrolling games you usually can't hurt the monster at all, so there's no "maybe I can win." If you don't think on your feet, you're screwed.

Actually, I'd recommend that you go play SOMA, but it's a little similar to Outlast, except it doesn't have the ability to hide in lockers, no camera, getting hurt slows your mobility, and every monster has different rules for its area. The story is also significantly better. If you love cringing at some body horror while at the same time pondering the morality of robots then it's your thing.

It's fine, man. Vent away. Don't let it stack up.

Man I feel happy and great.

Alcohol is great.

Lili which nickname would you give me? I've only had a couple take hold. Though one was just my last name so prob don't wanna say it here.
I'm a big fan of Evil Rob.

I don't really do nicknames, except boyfriend my boyfriend. Sorry Peter.

The Lilith from Bordello of Blood is usually the first thing to come to mind with that name.

Good. I had vampiric intent when I crafted this username.

Aaaaaaaand?

Didn't rly work

I disagree. We may have to bring this case before a committee.

(also I never butt in on paleness competitions because my username makes that redundant and also you'd probably beat me)

Yes, when you live somewhere that has regular sunlight, you tend not to be particularly pale :p

I'm a big fan of Evil Rob.

Good old Evil Rob

CMzMO8K.png

:: romance ::

CoarseKeenAlligatorsnappingturtle.gif

Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumped!

jb1234

Man, that was a crappy boss. DS3 is fine so far but it feels very uneven, moments of mediocrity fighting with moments of brilliance.

Ceallach

Aithbreac means soul urge which I think is the lost sequel to soul calibur or possibly a mid 90s alternative band.

McCartha I dont think means anything

zeemumu

Hmm, mine means supplanter, apparently. I had to google what supplant meant. I guess I'm supposed to overthrow something.

Aithbreac means soul urge which I think is the lost sequel to soul calibur or possibly a mid 90s alternative band.

McCartha I dont think means anything

I've never actually heard either of those names before.

I hate the name Bathsheba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom