• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
13015371_731985183608995_5087922368627129072_n.jpg

YsmlZfD.png

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
the central AC doesn't reach my bedroom so I had to turn on the window unit, but it's too loud! I can't fight demons like that! so I turned it back off and I'm stewing.

I think some physical discomfort adds to the dark souls experience, though

You have a point. Rigging up a wall outlet to shock you on death would be a good addition.

Jobbs

Banned
You have a point. Rigging up a wall outlet to shock you on death would be a good addition.

sometimes I play horror games at night with the back door open. it's something my friends and I first did in college. if the back door is just wide open and it's pitch black outside the game is so much scarier

zeemumu

the central AC doesn't reach my bedroom so I had to turn on the window unit, but it's too loud! I can't fight demons like that! so I turned it back off and I'm stewing.

I think some physical discomfort adds to the dark souls experience, though

I used to have a game that I did with Bloodborne. Every time I died I had to alternate between a set number of pushups and situps that would go up by 5 with each additional death. I should reinstate that

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
sometimes I play horror games at night with the back door open. it's something my friends and I first did in college. if the back door is just wide open and it's pitch black outside the game is so much scarier

You are truly insane. I have to close all the doors and windows, shut the blinds, and play without headphones.

this is hardcore. I mean someone could actually come in.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Jobbs don't play.

I'm watching a commercial for a car with TeenSense(tm).

Guy asks "can it tell me how many boys get in the car? I have a daughter".

So that's your kink.

Jobbs

Banned
this is hardcore. I mean someone could actually come in.

dude it's fucking terrifying. that's the whole point. the game enough ain't sufficient to scare me anymore. I needed to up the ante

I think it's funny that you probably think I'm kidding about doing that

Now I just need to actually find out where Jobbs lives and give him a good ole' spook.

no good horror games atm! I did it a bit with alien isolation a while ago and that was torture

Why do you need AC in Ohio? Isn't it only like 72° there?

It's a beautiful 75° where I am.

it gets hot upstairs in the bedrooms, the heat gets trapped in here from all my many electronics

I used to have a game that I did with Bloodborne. Every time I died I had to alternate between a set number of pushups and situps that would go up by 5 with each additional death. I should reinstate that

hey, that's not a bad idea

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oh God a long term position just opened at the temp job I just left

How fucking awkward would it be to go back when the co-worker who hates me is there

I do like that job though

zeemumu

Oh God a long term position just opened at the temp job I just left

How fucking awkward would it be to go back when the co-worker who hates me is there

I do like that job though

It would be great.

no good horror games atm! I did it a bit with alien isolation a while ago and that was torture

Outlast was the last game that freaked me out while playing it. I remember attempting Amnesia in middle of the night with my back to nothing but the darkness and headphones on.

Jobbs

Banned
It would be great.

Outlast was the last game that freaked me out while playing it. I remember attempting Amnesia in middle of the night with my back to nothing but the darkness and headphones on.

I COULD WRITE A DISSERTATION ON HOW FUCKING TERRIBLE OUTLAST IS

I could give a SEMINAR on it

FUCK outlast

Alien Isolation is great though

edit: sorry about that outburst, you are free to like it if you want, but me and outlast have a long history of hating eachother...

AcridMeat

Banned
Just got home from a beach/park I haven't been to since I was in middle school. Super gorgeous out, low 80's with a bunch of shade and no wind. So damn pleasant. I took a picture but don't feel like sending it to myself to post.

Also re: small talk. It's what you make of it. If you ask the same boring questions then yes it's boring and dreadful. Make it interesting for yourself and you'll be more engaged and have more fun with it.
I could never get into TF2 so Overwatch isn't doing anything for me, but I like the art style and character designs a bunch.
Yeah! I mentioned the designs being great, they really are. :D
I definitely think its more enjoyable than tf2 but it still has a bit of what I don't like about tf2 in it. I figure I might find out how much I like it when I find a character I want to get good with. So far my favorite is D.Va (hence why I mentioned it making me want to play a mech game :p)

Hmm I think one of my biggest problems with it is the maps. I actually liked the practice map a lot more.
I want them to be more like some of the less open halo maps than somewhere between Cs: go and tf2
The thing is they have characters that are absolutely overpowered in choke points. There's a map in the beta that has just one main doorway and one raised small doorway, and it's almost impossible to break through it if they have their defenses set right with the right characters.

I actually would prefer if there's more room and more pathways to reach the objectives. I like flanking and finding the nooks people forget about or don't check.
We need to do more board games, Saboteur was rly fun
Hell yeah we should do Saboteur again as well. We also need more people to join us. :D
Everything about this is me.

dude it's fucking terrifying. that's the whole point. the game enough ain't sufficient to scare me anymore. I needed to up the ante

I think it's funny that you probably think I'm kidding about doing that

it gets hot upstairs in the bedrooms, the heat gets trapped in here from all my many electronics

hey, that's not a bad idea

lol I didnt think you were kidding. I was serious. someone could break in and kill you.

zeemumu

I COULD WRITE A DISSERTATION ON HOW FUCKING TERRIBLE OUTLAST IS

I could give a SEMINAR on it

FUCK outlast

Alien Isolation is great though

edit: sorry about that outburst, you are free to like it if you want, but me and outlast have a long history of hating eachother...

I like Outlast. It's good with its atmosphere. I have yet to try The Park, though. Supposedly there's a PS4 release coming but I've heard that it's a fairly short game so I'll wait for the Steam release to go on sale.

From the looks of Twitter, jb made it to the Cathedral of the Deep's cemetery. I'm stuck running like hell through the Profaned Capital.

What should I do for dinner tonight? Pick something up or cook? If I cook then it's probably gonna be past because I don't feel like cooking anything else aside from fish and I had fish last night. I reserve the right to put seafood in my pasta.

FloatOn

My fucking roommate just snuck around the side of my house and pounded on the window next to my real on I in the middle of my dark souls session to troll me.

I nearly had a heart attack. Home invasions are one of my worst fears.

edit - and we happen to be talking about break ins already :eek:

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
My fucking roommate just snuck around the side of my house and pounded on the window next to my real on I in the middle of my dark souls session to troll me.

I nearly had a heart attack. Home invasions are one of my worst fears.

edit - and we happen to be talking about break ins already :eek:

Get a gun.

Misha

Banned
The thing is they have characters that are absolutely overpowered in choke points. There's a map in the beta that has just one main doorway and one raised small doorway, and it's almost impossible to break through it if they have their defenses set right with the right characters.

I actually would prefer if there's more room and more pathways to reach the objectives. I like flanking and finding the nooks people forget about or don't check.

I don't like it in games when they make too many paths where its impossible to defend but yeah there are a lot of maps where you can have your entire team together and perfectly defend.

one thing that would help is to give extra routes for the more mobile characters so that you could have someone sieging up front and have a couple characters poke around back.

I also find their idea of a sniper frustrating. On most maps you have to be in plain sight of the other team for most of the game. Maybe its just cause my team is disorganized but I found that snipers had to be midrange to be useful and they rarely were. Seems like you get the same 4-5 characters dominating every time (so long as you have some sort of medic)

Jobbs

Banned
since I have this information I will easily break into your house to steal all your stuff yo. cats first.

what these useless things?

Nz87wLR.jpg

all they do is fuckin sleep. they don't pull their weight at all. please do me a favor!

I like Jobbs because he hates the things I hate that other people try to convince me are "omg so gud".

I get all excited about the idea of explaining in detail why outlast is bad but no one actually cares to listen to it

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
matt and aithbreac sitting in a tree

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

first comes GAF, then comes marriage

then comes baby in a baby carriage

OMG, are you my mom. Both between trying to get me married and in calling me Aithbreac.I don't mind it's just no one calls me that, lol.

But it would never work out because I hate Dark Souls and watch lots of anime.

I imagine jobbs wedding vow to be just a list of things why he hates Outlast.
A girl can dream though...

No, Outlast is a game I was semi hypd for, because a friend of mine tried to convince me it was the second coming of horror games. I have lamented since Resident Evil 4 how much I fucking missed really scary forboding games. And I thought Outlast was going to be that! But it was just so dumb. The stereotypical story, the retarded lighting, the linearness of it, etc. I was so disappointed and angry.

zeemumu

Most of my scares from Outlast came from situations that I caused, not scripted ones. Maybe that's why I have a differing opinion.

Plus it was the only non-action horror game that I've had in a while. Five Night's at Freddy's was also fun the first few times besides being nothing but a jump scare game but that got real old real fast.

Jobbs

Banned
OMG, are you my mom. Both between trying to get me married and in calling me Aithbreac.I don't mind it's just no one calls me that, lol.

But it would never work out because I hate Dark Souls and watch lots of anime.

A girl can dream though...

No, Outlast is a game I was semi hypd for, because a friend of mine tried to convince me it was the second coming of horror games. I have lamented since Resident Evil 4 how much I fucking missed really scary forboding games. And I thought Outlast was going to be that! But it was just so dumb. The stereotypical story, the retarded lighting, the linearness of it, etc. I was so disappointed and angry.

lol

I think the player needs options presented to them in order for fear and tension to really exist and persist. Outlast is a shallow game -- you avoid a patrolling guy, then are safe for a while as the game does theme park fake scares to you until the next patrolling guy. It was tense in the first 30 minutes but you quickly start seeing right through it.

fight or flight. flight doesn't mean anything if you never had any choices.

zeemumu

lol

I think the player needs options presented to them in order for fear and tension to really exist and persist. Outlast is a shallow game -- you avoid a patrolling guy, then are safe for a while as the game does theme park fake scares to you until the next patrolling guy. It was tense in the first 30 minutes but you quickly start seeing right through it.

fight or flight. flight doesn't mean anything if you never had any choices.

So you never watched any of the extra environmental stuff unfold around you? Like those dudes having a corpse orgy? And there are plenty of really good horror games that involve being pursued by a single entity through scripted events.

The lack of fight is what's supposed to make those situations scary. Doom is the other end of the spectrum. You can run in Doom but why would you?

Xiao Hu

Good morning all together, my tacos from yersterday don't sit well :S

Quick read from the last to pages:

- Jobbs should keep the sex nurse. Wir brauchen einen Stammhalter!

- Small talk is boring. I hate it a lot because it's repetitive and in most cases I ask stuff out of politeness instead of genuine interest. But if the other person is interesting enough/eloquent one needs to push with more daring questions or even challenge with statements.

- Using fahrenheit over celsius is confusing as fuck

- Oh, and Dragonz hasn't complained about her life for half a day. Did something nice happen to her finally?

Edit: Ohohoh, I also dreamed that trab changed her avatar to some boring shit and somehow I was really upset about it xD

SolVanderlyn

Yeah, normally, temp hires get treated like shit. I know that are Target we got treated like shit.
I think I figured out why she treated me like such shit as I've been ruminating over it the past week. I told her at one point I was thinking of not being a teacher anymore and I think she took all my subsequent oversights as "welp, not doing this anymore so I don't care" which was the opposite of true. I kept telling everyone else how much I loved the job, haha.

Doesn't excuse her draconian behavior and willingness to guilt me into thinking I'm a bad person, but it does rationalize it

Feeling sad and alone

Fuck alcohol
*Hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom