• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
General thoughts on Star driver? I watched episode one and liked it so should I continue.

Also which one is supposed to be watched first fate/zero or fate/stay night?

It is in the holy trinity of definitive mecha orientated shows, definity worth your time and energy. It also has one hot ost with fantastic yet memorable character songs, explosive visuals, and actually deep character interaction among really well developed, hilarious and exceptionally determined characters.

OceanBlue

General thoughts on Star driver? I watched episode one and liked it so should I continue.

Also which one is supposed to be watched first fate/zero or fate/stay night?

I don't think Star Driver is very good. I watched it for the 2-3 minutes of awesome mecha animation every week, but I didn't find the story or the way it was told interesting.

Articalys

It is in the holy trinity of definitive mecha orientated shows, definity worth your time and energy. It also has one hot ost with fantastic yet memorable character songs, explosive visuals, and actually deep character interaction among really well developed, hilarious and exceptionally determined characters.
Trinity? What are the other two?

Go_Ly_Dow

beautiful.

poetry.

Andrew J.

I happen to like it quite a bit. There's lots of catchy music, the protagonist is fun to watch instead of being mopey sad-sack, the fighting is animated well, the wacky high-school hijinks are decent if you're into that kind of thing, there's a dominatrix who lives on a houseboat who has a pet crocodile and is a champion boxer...good stuff.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
But they skipped Kanbaru's arc.

Are you fucking serious? What the hell?!

We should all just communicate through penis waving.

Sounds like a Futa doujin.

uCX01ZI.gif

Golden Time - 07

Golden%20Time%20-%2007.jpg

So lovely i can't help but smile.

Tada banri troubles seems to be fine, including the stuff with the other girl and so far i'm glad that the show doesn't abuse of the characters staying in a uncontrollable state juste because , golden time does use his character properly to my full enjoyment.

Ah tada banri , you have to hide those things better , the fact that kaga still has her plans no matter what is a nice way to handle things even if her character is still over the top on so many points.

Well that episode was quite good.

Vito

Banned
Mari Shimazaki posted this on twitter (considering Bayonetta opens in cinema and all)

Also:

You guys realize that Crunchyroll often reaches Sankaku levels of "quality" writing? Funny how this got out today, Siete posts it on twitter, Catsuka magically discovers it at the same time (sarcasm, he just saw a RT, he does this fairly often) and of course Scott Green picks it up and writes up an informative article (I'm just kidding, dumps a bunch of images). But hey, great let's give them those clicks instead of just linking the damn pixiv page or dumping it on imgur.

golden time - 08

WTF
ghost banri
it's going to add more unnecessary drama for no reason !! Why ???????

it's like the worst character ever in those kind of drama.

jediyoshi

Pocket Monsters XY 7

EFuOwTL.png

rvpOT0A.png

Great ep. Love how Clemont is basically the hero this episode and they never really acknowledge it.
Man that flashback is out of control, Ash was on some baller shit.

jk it's pokemon, they've now just invented the concept of platonic hand holding

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Stratos S2 8

A wild Pika-tan appears!

Houki and Tatenashi interaction was the highlight for me. How can you not love two of the best girls getting along and taking a bath together?

Don't really care nor do I mind Kanzashi. Cute as she maybe, aside from the earlier slap she really didn't leave that much of an impression.

Still better than Britain though.

pikapika is an underrated cutie. Better than the sister.

One day we'll reach the festering hovel on the mountain. One day…

Read between the eating bro.

Sounds like a Futa doujin.

lwabronyowned.gif

Pupa is gonna be so awesomely disturbing.

Well it looks like I wasn't paying attention:

Hmmm.

Strike the blood - 08

Ahem, as for the rules with index arcs , you have to conclude them by a well placed fist in your opponent face .... wait this isn't index ..but hey same rules applies it seems.
Special mention to asagi that actually took initiative !! ( WOOOOW ) a contenders that actually fight for her place properly ... Impressive.

AS for the rest of the episode it wasn't bad, i just hope that it won't turn into a generic harem and that they will continue expanding the world , even if they stay on the island.

Alright Second arc i guess.

Strike the Blood 8

The harem aspects seem all forced and pointless, obligatory main character trips and falls onto female character landing in a compromising position allowing the bewbie grabbing, and obligatory jealous girl getting in a quick kiss, and obligatory jealously....its all been there done that for me.

Anyway, the action was good with my favorite getting at least a sound move in, and Valter is amazing, dont ever get bored please!

Kazzy

Tell me that something is wonderful and extols the virtues of anime as a medium. I'll probably watch it at some point.

Tell me that something is a batshit crazy mess, and the only real pleasure is (probably) perverse. Sign me up!

I'm such a weirdo.

Bombless

So all these comments made me start Samurai Flamenco. 1-3 so far and it's great. The
umbrella
incident in ep 2 was funny.

Also I had to pause and look at his figures collection all the time, great ideas for displays.

Strike the Blood 08

Well not a bad episode. Nice amount of action, harem member get, harem member get.

It's now wow-ing me but it's not completely boring me either so that's good.

Theonik

Words Worth 01
This was surprisingly sakuga. I was not expecting that.
This particular OVA kind of has a reputation following it albeit it's of memetic character and most people don't actually know this is where the trollsub in question came from
your resistance only makes my penis harder
But yeah first episode was basically sakuga, cat firls comedy and what in the name of hell-ness. Kinda entertaining.
We also need Cnet's expert opinion on whether this counts as adorably rapey or not.

So how did that adaptation of Blue Exorcist turn out anyway?

Like most anime adaptations as of late, they end before animating the actually best arcs. Still complete worth the 200$ we have to throw down for the BDs and the additional 80 for the movie BD here.

Hoping we get an S2 that animates beyond the 14 of 51 hapters animated

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Like most anime adaptations as of late, they end before animating the actually best arcs. Still complete worth the 200$ we have to throw down for the BDs and the additional 80 for the movie BD here.

Hoping we get an S2 that animates beyond the 14 of 51 hapters animated

Noted but now that it is coming to Toonami I shan't need to bother.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Galilei Donna 7

sasuga the genius Galileo Galilei, foreseeing the post-fossil fuel-age energy crisis and doing what any reasonable person would do: leaving the key to mankind's salvation hidden in a vague series of riddles scattered around the globe and written on parchments that have to evade accidental discovery or decay for centuries. Maybe the final twist is that he intentionally made his treasure impossible to find to spite mankind for his being forced to recant heliocentrism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom