• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I don't know if this is a new discovery but megaton in coming. You can Remote Play CR from your PS4 to Vita. Also you can tweet and FB screenshots with comments.

Caladrius

Galilei Donna 7

sasuga the genius Galileo Galilei, foreseeing the post-fossil fuel-age energy crisis and doing what any reasonable person would do: leaving the key to mankind's salvation hidden in a vague series of riddles scattered around the globe and written on parchments that have to evade accidental discovery or decay for centuries. Maybe the final twist is that he intentionally made his treasure impossible to find to spite mankind for his being forced to recant heliocentrism.

Am I a bad person for wanting this to be a real plot?

Ranma 1/2 Episode 12

This gymnists arc is hilarious. Ryoga wishing for Ranma to lose just to have him to himself, combined with the over the top antics of the antagonists, makes this way too funny. Looks great in HD.

duckroll

Galilei Donna 7

sasuga the genius Galileo Galilei, foreseeing the post-fossil fuel-age energy crisis and doing what any reasonable person would do: leaving the key to mankind's salvation hidden in a vague series of riddles scattered around the globe and written on parchments that have to evade accidental discovery or decay for centuries. Maybe the final twist is that he intentionally made his treasure impossible to find to spite mankind for his being forced to recant heliocentrism.

Hey you would probably do it too, if revealing the key to mankind's salvation would result in you being human barbecue. The Catholic Church does not fuck around! >_<

Galilei Donna 7

i see nothing wrong with this.

cajunator

Banned
Words Worth 01

This was surprisingly sakuga. I was not expecting that.
This particular OVA kind of has a reputation following it albeit it's of memetic character and most people don't actually know this is where the trollsub in question came from
your resistance only makes my penis harder
But yeah first episode was basically sakuga, cat firls comedy and what in the name of hell-ness. Kinda entertaining.
We also need Cnet's expert opinion on whether this counts as adorably rapey or not.

Nina is such a cutie!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hey you would probably do it too, if revealing the key to mankind's salvation would result in you being human barbecue. The Catholic Church does not fuck around! >_<

If Galileo had access to magical cold fusion necklaces or whatever, he probably could have just blown up the Vatican singlehandedly.

wonzo

Banned
Samumenco 7

samuraiflam7.jpg

The stuff with Masayoshi and his parents really helped with the tonal shift at the end and I can't help but get some mad Anamorphosis (by Shintaro Kago) vibes from it too.

And that's a goddamn good thing too!

Toward the Terra 5

I didn't like this episode that much. The pacing felt pretty weird and the balance between the two plotlines not entirely steady. During the whole business with Shiroe I was thinking, "How can you be this stupid, Jomy?" I suppose him being self-absorbed and short-sighted fits with his inexperienced character, but you'd think his experiences would have made him a little less eager to go crashing into people's lives willy-nilly and try to snatch them away.

The combat scenes look terrible, even by this show's standards. CG explosions are the worst, especially at this low level of CG.

kyousougiga - 06

So , the flashbacks are over ? for real ?
That one flashback was still good i guess .
Damn if that monk hadn't such a huge power ...
reviving the dead
is kinda broken, but then again , creating an alternate reality is too.

cnet128

Banned
*yawn* welp, I fell asleep unintentionally for numerous hours and now I feel weird and out of sync with time and logic. Time to eat dinner at 4:30 AM. Then maybe anime. ~.~

Soma

Mmmm this Kyousougiga OST is quite good.

There's a handful of short forgettable tracks but I really like all the variations of the main melody.

Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 6
tumblr_mwp5ni8ads1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mwp5ni8ads1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I think Im enjoying this anime too much but this episode was probably the best one yet. Miki always has the best lines and one Im glad sticks around, some of the lines like "well arent you just miss self sufficient USA" are chuckle inducing, and then just Mitsuru lending yet another excellent personality and appearance to a cast already bursting at the seams with a wealth of potential choice characters that make it difficult to have a favorite, really made this one all around good. Poor Saionji being ignored by Miki though.

Syrinx

School Rumble 4

Lol at Harima in the first bit. Don't stop believin', guy. Sure you're riding with a bunch of pigs and falling on top of a train and being stranded in the desert now, but it'll be worth it someday. I assume. I mean, Tenma has to get over her crush on Kurasama someday, right? He sucks.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 6
tumblr_mwp5ni8ads1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mwp5ni8ads1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I think Im enjoying this anime too much but episode was probably the best yet. Miki always has the best lines and one Im glad sticks around, some of the lines like "well arent you just miss self sufficient USA" are chuckle inducing, and then just Mitsuru lending yet another excellent personality and appearance to a cast already bursting at the seams with a wealth of potential choice characters that make it difficult to have a favorite, really made this one all around good. Poor Saionji being ignored by Miki though.

Hahaha... I remember when I watched this episode and thought it broke my brain. I had no idea what was coming! Now I see why Hitokage and Corvo were laughing at me. xD

cajunator

Banned
Don't really watch that kind of anime as often as one would think.
Also it's worth the post anyway.

She certainly looks like it. We'll see how it goes.

She definitely is except she has fuzzy boobs which some may find issue with.

*yawn* welp, I fell asleep unintentionally for numerous hours and now I feel weird and out of sync with time and logic. Time to eat dinner at 4:30 AM. Then maybe anime. ~.~

I fall asleep in the middle of a sentence. Its a problem.

Toward the Terra 6

I really like Keith as a character. Cunning and calculating on the one hand, but compassionate and caring on the other. The eyes of the ubiquitous security cameras and the special attention Mother Eliza gives him seem to indicate some sinister design towards him though.

Didn't expect Sam and Suena, or Shiroe, to become reoccuring characters. It'll be interesting to see if any of them recounter Jomy somewhere along the line. The next episode looks to be doing a timeskip of numerous years, so I'll be interested in seeing what the latter and the Mu have been up to.

I personally enjoyed the TTGL dub...

Though this is coming from a person who watched the dub first, and then the two movies.

I can see why someone wouldn't like the dub after hearing the Japanese voices. I always go for dub first, sub second. Good to Great.

Gazoinks

I watched the dub of TTGL and didn't really have any problems with it, but I haven't watched the sub so I can't compare. I'll watch the movies sometime.

Only part of the TTGL dub I watched was the iconic scene in episode 11. Wasn't awful, and I think Yuri Lowenthal actually put more heart into the scene than Kakihara. They probably could have translated the dialogue a bit better though.

mhs004

WTF whats with all the peds in Star Driver. A 15 year old is married to a 65 year old and some nurse wants the students D. God fucking dammit Japan....god dammit.

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 8

Silly ghost Banri what are you doing. No
stealing other people's bodies, even if they used to be yours

Silly Linda what are you doing. No
lying through your teeth and saying the opposite of what you mean again

Silly Chinami what are you doing. No, really, what are you doing. Noodles? What?

Gazoinks

Clannad 04
HrJIPpr.jpg

As you do

I'm watching this on Hulu, and a Geico ad popped up after the OP with some talking paintings and for half the ad I thought it was part of the show.

Probably the best episode so far. Generally funny, and the characters are starting to intersect, which is good. Looks like the Fuko arc is starting. Stream of consciousness comments follow:

I don't really understand Tomoya and Sunohara hating all clubs because Tomoya can't play basketball.
Did I miss something?

Tomoya has the best technique for breaking someone out of a kawaii bliss-out.

I'm not sure why, but I found Sunohara funnier this time.
"GIVE ME YOUR BREASTS."

"Will you form a theatrical club with me?"
"Yes! wait what"
This show turned into Utena for a second there.

W-wait
is Fuko actually a ghost?

Articalys

&#12459;&#12483;&#12481;&#12531;&#12464;&#12501;&#12449;&#12452;&#12450;

Better action than KnK
I absolutely hate to acknowledge these -- I'm probably the only person left who finds the live-action movie reviews annoying -- but I'm going to my damnedest to actually make this tangentially relevant to the anime thread.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...iya-return-for-hunger-games/catching-fire-dub

The Japanese dub for The Hunger Games Catching Fire includes Nana Mizuki, Hiroshi Kamiya, Yuichi Nakamura, Rie Kugimiya, and Koichi Yamadera.

Yes, I know I'm being hypocritical since I had also posted about Pacific Rim in here before, but at least I didn't give it a fake katakana or romaji title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom