• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

White Album 2 08

Arglegarble this episode was really sweet and really melancholy and HNNNNG.
I like how they kind of subverted the love triangle with the "let's still be friends" at the beginning of the episode. It's still there under the surface, but it hasn't overtaken everything, just added a kind of melancholy tone to their friendships on top of the whole graduation thing.

Japan would have you believe that graduating from high school is basically the apocalypse.

Log Horizon 08

IT'S NEGOTIATION TIME!

Still entertaining and very interesting. Not many shows makes me want to see the next episode as soon as the current one ends.

Theonik

Words Worth 03
ib1V7og2v1sfNo.png

Best girl candidate.
All them betrayaltons too damn.
So if I get this straight both girls Astral sex'd had children and if that is so then he just had sex with his daughter without knowing? Also RIP new best girl we'll miss you :(
Nyaa count 0

cajunator

Banned
Words Worth 03

All them betrayaltons too damn.
So if I get this straight both girls Astral sex'd had children and if that is so then he just had sex with his daughter without knowing? Also RIP new best girl we'll miss you :(
Nyaa count 0

The only good part had Nina in it. the rest is trash.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Log Horizon 08

This show is probably one of the most painful ones to have to wait for. Episodes go by so quickly since imho they're perfectly paced. The show is at its best when Shiroe is being sly and clever, and people talking about him with respect and fear. Even though he's such a nice guy lol.

This I have to second. There are shows liked or enjoyed more than this show that have never went this fast. It feels like its pulling witchcraft because at least for the past 5 episodes, I've checked the timestamp to make sure it was past 20 minutes when the credits hit because it literally didn't feel longer than 10 minutes.

Narag

This I have to second. There are shows liked or enjoyed more than this show that have never went this fast. It feels like its pulling witchcraft because at least for the past 5 episodes, I've checked the timestamp to make sure it was past 20 minutes when the credits hit because it literally didn't feel longer than 10 minutes.

Praise like that will keep the show in mind down the line. Love good pacing.

Saimoe 2013 is over, and with absolutely pathetic final vote numbers like these:

hopefully the tournament is over for good.
Facepalm.
i disagree with the final contestants.

Monogatari S2 21 (Koi 1)

Dat Senjougahara, dat
Kaiki

So it looks like Senjou really did
straight up bluff her way out of Nadeko stabbing the shit out of everyone and is in full desperation mode now.
Really intrigued to see where this ultimately ends up.

If you look at senjougahara as a whole, you'd realise
that bluffing is something she does quite often. But you have to agree that only her would have been capable to find a way out of this one by bluffing , her or maybe phoenix wright

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 8

We have the conclusion of the flashback and we find out why Hanamiya is bothering Kiyoshi. Also
the appearance of the Generation of Miracles was well done in the flashback.

cajunator

Banned

It is paced really well. I appreciate that about it. So does my ADD.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 1-3

Picked this up after seeing it mentioned a few times during samumenco-gate. Didn't disappoint.

Although it would be pretty hilarious if they did just end up stretching the purely cute girls doing cute things act for another few episodes.

Oh joy, there goes another one. :)

Log Horizon - 08

As i expected yesterday , they will use up to ep 9 to finish this arc.. The vilain in glasses will battle next week !!

Don't miss it , it'll be glorious .

Loving the way they used to explain everyone thoughts ... can't wait for next week really

Golden Time 08

Fuck that exposition ghost, even though the episode was enjoyable his presence just makes me dread what's to come, luckily all he did was state the obvious what whatevs.

Linda is still best girl and its good that Mitsuo had some development.

Pocket Monsters X/Y 007

oRTyalCl.jpg

Yep, this was an all Serena episode and it was pretty great. While Ash's goal is pretty much the same thing every season, this pretty much means how great the season will be all lies on his travelling partners and seeing Serena try to discover her goal will be quite a joy to watch.

Not to mention all that childhood friend route she is so trying to make happen.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 33 - We're the Seirin High School Basketball Team!

Slow episode, by the time it started it was already over, lol.

I want to hear Akashi speak more, fantastic voice, and they could have showed them in full instead of partial shots. Best moment.
The training montage was great.

Log Horizon 08

Whoo negotiations! Was interesting to see how things went down but nothing much besides yet, next episode seems to be where things start to go down.

Theonik

Words Worth 05
And so our story comes to its somewhat expected conclusion.
Was right about the catgirl child but I still wonder about Mew. Wish we got a scene where Astral realises.
This was a pretty solid work actually both as fantasy anime, and of course for the thing it is. Which perhaps makes the former fact all the more impressive.
Likeable characters, funny faces etc.
Definitely one for the list. No not that list. The list that contains Narisu Scramble, Pop Chaser etc.

cajunator

Banned
Words Worth 05

And so our story comes to its somewhat expected conclusion.
Was right about the catgirl child but I still wonder about Mew. Wish we got a scene where Astral realises.
This was a pretty solid work actually both as fantasy anime, and of course for the thing it is. Which perhaps makes the former fact all the more impressive.
Likeable characters, funny faces etc.
Definitely one for the list. No not that list. The list that contains Narisu Scramble, Pop Chaser etc.

The cute hentai list?

Valvrave the Liberator - 11

Want to know what's bugging me the most about this show? The fact that the main character has the ability to steal bodies, and it's barely ever used. This show could have been so much more fun to watch if they put a bigger focus on the body-jacking.

The fun in Code Geass came from Lelouch brainwashing people into following his commands, and everybody else was all "OH SHIT WHY IS EVERYTHING GETTING SCREWED UP WHO'S DOING THIS".

I thought a main character having a confusion-causing ability like that in this show would recreate the same experience. But it's kind of downplayed due to the Valvraves getting all the attention in the mecha battles. And yes, I know the show's called Valvrave the Liberator, and not The Body-Jack Extravaganza Galore." I just wish this power got more plot-related attention than its getting.

But as for this episode, I can only say this:

I've seen enough
marriage proposals
in anime to know how this is gonna go down.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 33 - We're the Seirin High School Basketball Team!

I want to hear Akashi speak more, fantastic voice, and they could have showed them in full instead of partial shots. Best moment.
The training montage was great.

His entrance is going to be glorious when he is finally shown.

Andrew J.

Want to know what's bugging me the most about this show? The fact that the main character has the ability to steal bodies, and it's barely ever used. This show could have been so much more fun to watch if they put a bigger focus on the body-jacking.

The fun in Code Geass came from Lelouch brainwashing people into following his commands, and everybody else was all "OH SHIT WHY IS EVERYTHING GETTING SCREWED UP WHO'S DOING THIS".

I thought a main character having a confusion-causing ability like that in this show would recreate the same experience. But it's kind of downplayed due to the Valvraves getting all the attention in the mecha battles. And yes, I know the show's called Valvrave the Liberator, and not The Body-Jack Extravaganza Galore." I just wish this power got more plot-related attention than its getting.

Without spoilers, I will say the body-jacking gets a bit more play in the second season, although not as much as you would probably want. None of the pilots really have the nerve to take full advantage of the ability the way you describe.

Theonik

Long Ass Name 06
More slimes and Fino's innate ability to be covered in white substances.
Also jealous All-A. Raul is sure thick he is.

cnet128

Banned

Yeah, this has been my biggest complaint about the show all along. It's just silly to give all your main characters such a cool ability and then have them never fucking use it. It has seen a little more use in the second season, but it's still never become nearly as prominent as I'd like.

Quasar

Log Horizon 8 - Marielle and Henrietta focused. Yay! More please.

White Album 2 8 - Another really nice episode. A nice bridge episode between high school and post high school. Kind of dreading where this is going with Setsunas happiness coming crashing down.

Without spoilers, I will say the body-jacking gets a bit more play in the second season, although not as much as you would probably want. None of the pilots really have the nerve to take full advantage of the ability the way you describe.

Most of the body-jacking occurs at the instigation of L-Elf, who does have the nerve but can't do it himself.

Bombless

I had no idea legal streaming sites was a thing before this thread. I've watched so much good stuff now, especially in genres I swore I wasn't interested in.

Thanks AnimeGAF <3 <3

Serious

But as for this episode, I can only say this:

I've seen enough
marriage proposals
in anime to know how this is gonna go down.

I think the difference here is in the setting. In Geass, the characters are all on Earth for the entire show. In the first half of Valvrave, very rarely are the characters in a position where they they can abuse their body surfing powers for a tactical advantage. The pilots are on Module 77, completely separated from any enemy. Generally, when they do encounter an enemy, the enemy will be in a mech, and will stay in a mech. There's no opportunity to bite and control an enemy in the first place.

Of course that's just how the show is written, but for season 1, it's difficult to come up with scenarios that let them fully abuse the body surfing without completely changing the setting.

Midonin

Doki Doki! Precure 41

Alice episodes are some of the best episodes. And I already know that tomorrow morning I'll be seeing a Rosetta look alike in Outbreak Company, so this is really Mai Fuchigami's year. Nice to see Reina return too. Considering she was flying in a private jet (that both she and Alice have... and can fly... the Yotsuba company is huge.) very close to the edge of the atmosphere... &#22825;&#12395;&#36637;&#12367;&#20116;&#26143;!

Looks like the running theme of these recent episodes is breaking through Regina's barrier. As much as I was surprised by the sudden new merch last week, I think I may like this finisher better. It actually involves everyone using the attack, instead of a "let's give everything to the leader" scenario. Alice episodes just feature a really nice character with a really strong resolve, and since she hasn't had a lot of time in the spotlight compared to Mana, Aguri and Regina, I appreciate them all the more. Nothing's going to top her fight with the helicopter, but this comes pretty close.

Next week is Kot- Aguri's birthday party.

cajunator

Banned
I had no idea legal streaming sites was a thing before this thread. I've watched so much good stuff now, especially in genres I swore I wasn't interested in.

Thanks AnimeGAF <3 <3

There are several legit streaming services now. Anine fans today are spoiled.

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - 1

Finally got around to watching this. I guess it has potential. Kotoha is probably my favorite (She's voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro! I can't help it!).

I'm not usually into shounen action series unless they have an interesting setting and/or the characters have interesting powers, but this has both.

I'm kind of curious as to how Hosanna knew it would have good animation, though (he mentioned in a post that he knew it was going to have good animation before he even watched it back when everyone was doing that thing where you were supposed to list your biggest disappointment and biggest surprise this season). Is Ryo-timo well-known for high-quality animation, or what?

Andrew J.

Monogatari S2 21 (Koimonogatari 01)

Watching Kaiki and Senjougahara troll each other is pretty great.

These variations on Kaiki's leitmotif are neat. I daresay these are the most memorable tracks in this series's entire OST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom