• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Part Three sort of runs into this issue where the angles are just boring and look like normal people, and the monsters have become mish-mashed nonsense in an effort to create something new. It gets better in across the midstretch though, and from what I understand the stretch to the ending is pretty rad.

yea this is p.much my problem. If the ending is supposed to be good though then I guess I'll give it another chance when it's fully translated.

The former was sort of expected, as for the later I just hope they don't outdumb anglerfsh girl or something.

How much did you like the grotesque chimera things?

Narag

Guilty Crown blurays currently part of amazon's countdown to black friday stuff. Calendar also shows blood-c blurays going on sale in 10 hours!!!

Teekyuu 32

23Si0cLl.jpg

Actual somewhat related to tennis thing happening? D:

Gundam build fighters - 06

This is ....

Our gunpla !!!!!

Damn this is good... this is almost too good.

6 episodes watched, all of them awesome ... How can this be ? THIS IS ... i mean i don't understand ... this episode was too awesome , i feel like ..argh

Gundam build fighter is awesome.

i1Lsjg7ixHwF2.png

A fox actually. So more of a dog really.

If Tamamo can be a loli so can chibi Yukari.

Why did I google that :/ I knew it was something perverted as the pics just showed their heads.

I'm not sure who the character is but I saw a loli and a woman. Does the character experience some kind of time skip lol

Been F5'ing for what feels like years now. I'm holding out for the full release rather than playing through the partial patches.

468398wmssj.jpg

Okay you win. Thats definitely a monster.....or is it an alien?

cajunator

Banned
Why did I google that :/ I knew it was something perverted as the pics just showed their heads.

I'm not sure who the character is but I saw a loli and a woman. Does the character experience some kind of time skip lol

Okay you win. Thats definitely a monster.....or is it an alien?

its a cute!

Teekyuu 3 8
Well that's one way of using your elder's

Love Live 5
Honoka is still the best but Nico seems like she might be 2nd or 3rd in making this entertaining. That shy girl became a whole lot more fun when she fangirled alll other the idol stuff

Kyokai Senjou No Horizon 2 Series Thoughts

Compared to season 1? Yeah this season was much weaker. Their intent to focus on the crew's adventures in England was a bold one I guess. I feel this could have easily been a 4-5 episode arc at most if paced better.

The humor wasn't as good, they introduced even more characters which means the ones already established had less screen time, and the protagonist didn't do ANYTHING at all besides running around naked.

Speaking of the Aori, he won me over the first season by being so carefree and happy. But this season they exaggerated that a bit too much when he didn't do anything at all. In fact I sometimes forgot he was the protagonist.

England itself was interesting as a battleground. But the english crew was largely uninspired outside of the bones and the werewolf dude.

The best aspect of this season? Definitely expanding the ninja's role and giving him a love interest. Also expanding on the Tres Espana people and the wife of the blonde adonis of last season. I also liked how it ended considering all the people that joined the Musashi.

Over-all? Disappointed it went the way it did, but it still had its positives. The season ended with a goal nowhere in sight for the show to end, and seeing how the LN series is still going I don't see it ending anytime soon. As for a third season, it wasn't announced for december so unless it's announced at some point next year it might not come out.

So Anime-GAF, I am going to get into Gurren Lagann next as I hear good things.

However, looking at Wiki I can see that two anime movies were also made. Are they worth it or should I just get the series?

I wouldn't really bother with the movies until you complete the series, and even then only watch the last 15 minutes or so. They're recaps with different conclusions, but great scenes like the inspiring endind of episode 11 wouldn't be as effective due to less buildup.

Gingitsune 08

Episode focused on the glasses chick. I didn't really care much for her, typical neglected daughter who still loves dad even though he's never around. But the assistant is awesome. He's like a more fit Handa-san from Shirokuma Cafe, and super nice. Can't tell if he has feelings for her or not, but I loved the guy.

Though the episode was lacking severely on Haru.

Valvrave the Liberator - 12

Wow, what a jerkish way to end off a season. We've got
the Valvrave pilots in danger, computer girl as the next pilot, and that revelation that there are these...guys that govern from the shadows. Or something along those lines.

I'm glad I picked this up now and not during the Spring.

CorvoSol

Gundam MILF Fighters 7

Everybody respects Ramba Ral. EVERYBODY. Also I didn't know Japanese women could fit nuclear warheads in their shirts like that.

Finished my week long marathon of the entire New Doctor Who, so now I can finally get back to the animu.

Jarmel

Banned
Macross Zero- 1
I don't know about this. This digital composition is making my damn eyes bleed. It's a fucking shame but god damn I forgot how ugly some of the early 2000 stuff looked.

Where did my 2D fighter planes go?

CorvoSol

Coppelion 8

I'm gonna be honest: I don't know how I feel about this episode. I mean, for starters, the entire Ozu sisters thing was as stupid as it gets. If Haruto knows that these girls are cloned from a serial killer, the project leader must know. And what kind of idiot releases a pair of serial killer clones into the wild with electric powers? Even if they hadn't planned on euthanizing the pair, locking them up was a much, much wiser idea than releasing a serial killer who can throw lightning into the wild.

The only good part of the whole episode, really, was the revelation. Everything else was kinda dumb.

DiGiKerot

Interesting that they can't justify a BD release for Eureka Seven AO, but can for Last Exile 2. I wonder why?

Either historical sales data for prior instalments of the franchise were way better for Last Exile, or Fam sold (or was tracking to sell) way better in the US, I'd have to imagine.

One Piece 622

Chopper's freakout when he saw Law helping the kids was hilarious. As well as the freakout everyone had when Kin'emon came back.

End of the arc party has officially happened, so 1 more episode before the SH crew leaves Punk Hazard.

Magi - Kingdom of Magic Episode 8
tumblr_mwsengBxf41qkw2uho1_500.gif

Wow Aladdins time away has certainly been profitable in terms of the characters we now have. Sphintus is on Judar level even, and is quite hilarious. I cant wait to see whatever magic skills he has. Otherwise excellent magic this episode. I think one song was just plain and out of place close to the final scenes of the episode though.

cnet128

Banned
Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono 8

Tennis club episode.

Koharun's idea was the first and the best this episode, yet she still managed to get teased for it. Poor Koharun can't win.

cajunator

Banned
Either historical sales data for prior instalments of the franchise were way better for Last Exile, or Fam sold (or was tracking to sell) way better in the US, I'd have to imagine.

Fam is pretty good. Shes fearless and crazy. It was an interesting point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom