• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Idol Defence Force Hummingbird 01
i4vqXJ3EYngXX.png
Basically iDOLM@STER meets Area 88.
Idol culture at its greatest. Who needs the army when you can have idols do the job instead?
Also I want to give the person who thought of idols flying jets in anima suits a medal.
Shame it doesn't have much crazy outside its premise or it would be a list candidate.
Still hilarious though and had some good sakuga.

Dream Hunter REM 01 (Special Edition)
Some pretty nice sakuga all round. I also absolutely love REM's design, the battle uniform especially.
But yeah. Good and very underrated OVA go watch it. Also contains some surprise :SDBurton.

I don't usually use anime backgrounds on my phone, but decided I liked this one a lot and have been using it for my lock screen. What do you guys think?
Great background. iOS7 though lol.

Sacred Seven: Shirogane no Tsubasa
BZ4K6OJCUAAk47i.png

Excellent summary movie for the franchise with new stuff. The knight background with Hung was emotional and powerful and quite visually appealing. Kind of sad as well considering the fate of those empowered by Sacred, while much of the remaining stuff, kept Alma on the sidelines but at least had cool montages to showcase his amazing ability. Seeing it in BD quality was actually really surprising as well as it look much much better than when it was streaming in subHD resolutions on Hulu when the tv show was out. Alma Tandouji and Knight in HD... Hyped for an eventually western release to be dated.

Ending song was stunning too.

eMtiRYF.jpg
SFZlb6L.jpg

Non Non Biyori 1

Opening: Okay.
Ending: Will probably skip over frequently.

I'm going to admit that while it was relaxing watching this show, it was still a pretty boring debut episode.

There was that one instance with the whole Tanuki scene that did show some potential, but that only happened once and still wasn't very good. There were also those long pauses that happened during the conversations between characters, which basically killed any of my interest about whatever everyone was talking about.

Visually, it does looks really nice, the music is relaxing, and the characters themselves seem pretty good (Hotarun and the first grader sticking out the most), so I'm hoping things improve by the next episode.

jediyoshi

Visually, it does looks really nice, the music is relaxing, and the characters themselves seem pretty good (Hotarun and the first grader sticking out the most), so I'm hoping things improve by the next episode.

It basically turns into a different show starting at episode 2. Hotarun is practically a different character ^^

I'm just unhappy that he may hamper my Priest x Rich Highschool Girl ending :(

You have a very hopeful ending. There's almost no way in hell a guy is going to end up dating a girl the same age as his daughter. Even with Japan's lax attitude of age difference. I think the most we'll see is her with this guy, if not somebody completely different.

I really do hope nobody here is shipping giant furry fox deity with middle school girl.

Theonik

Dream Hunter REM 01 (Original Version)
Yeah the removed hentai scenes are pretty much what you would have guessed they were but lmao all the same. Seeing the plot changes between these two was hilarious.

Syrinx

School Rumble 6

Poor Harima. He gets hit by a truck. And then when Tenma is visiting him his cousin decides to mess with him cause she's a jerk. A fine jerk, but a jerk nontheless. Anyway, Harima is an ass-man. Interesting. "You're shaped for easy childbirth". Lol. What a jerk. And then he goes to confess his love, but Tenma already left and he said it to his cousin. And then she continues to be a jerk to him.

Don't feel too bad though, guy. You made progress today. She has to like you somewhat now. Hell, another meeting like this and she may like you more than that loser Beatle wannabe. Just keep on truckin'.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
You have a very hopeful ending. There's almost no way in hell a guy is going to end up dating a girl the same age as his daughter. Even with Japan's lax attitude of age difference. I think the most we'll see is her with this guy, if not somebody completely different.

I really do hope nobody here is shipping giant furry fox deity with middle school girl.

That'll be the unconventional spin the producers will put on the series. I see a ending with a time-skip where well see little Makoto snuggling up to Haru. A grown Hiwako, four years older will be standing in front a grave with Makoto's name holding a baby in one arm and Makoto's father's hand with the the other. We won't see her full face but a voluptuous lips with a gentle smile and her red hat matching the delicate red of her lips. The gentle gust of wind will blow away the hat as the hat as the camera zooms away and the world fades to white.

Dont say I never did anything good for anime.
hLoNL12.jpg
If you were trying to get me jealous , it's working :p
Gurren Lagann 1-3

OK.

Its OK, but not seeing what the super hype is all about yet.

Solidly entertaining but....
If you continue watching , your opinion will change , garanteed.

log horizon 8

some trade wars going down. hope there is a good payoff.

ib0dADyDpG88U0.gif

*pushes up glasses*

Trivia :
The glasses thing was actually special emoticon available only if the user had glasses in the original game ( before the apocalypse ). Not only few players actually used glasses , but most of them didn't know about it.

since log hirzon started i actually started pushing my glasses up while talking IRL way more.

cajunator

Banned
That'll be the unconventional spin the producers will put on the series. I see a ending with a time-skip where well see little Makoto snuggling up to Haru. A grown Hiwako, four years older will be standing in front a grave with Makoto's name holding a baby in one arm and Makoto's father's hand with the the other. We won't see her full face but a voluptuous lips with a gentle smile and her red hat matching the delicate red of her lips. The gentle gust of wind will blow away the hat as the hat as the camera zooms away and the world fades to white.

Anything is possible in anime!!

I had some spare time on my hands while copying some files a while ago. Its disturbing where the brain goes when you stare at a progress bar :(

Oh I understand. When I was a kid and went to church with my folks, I used to stare at the roof the whole time and made up this whole AAA Blockbuster movie fight scene between Spider Man and Superman in the church's chandeliers. For the whole 50 minutes I'd just be imagining all these scenarios and sweet fight moves.

The final winning percentages if I recall correctly were:

Spiderman - 20%
Superman - 50%
Goku - 30%

Goku would occasionally show up to give Spiderman some back-up. But not before Spiderman sacrificed himself by grabbing some kryptonite and swinging against the gigantic Jesus in a cross to make it fall on Superman and himself.
#neverforgetspiderman

Meganebu! Episode 8

tumblr_mws5j0dzJQ1rm3uquo5_500.png
tumblr_mws5j0dzJQ1rm3uquo8_500.png

Finally there is someone that cares somewhat for Hayato. Excellent progress as too often he has consistently always been treated badly and forgotten, not to say this was any different. Easily the best part of the episode.

Syrinx

School Rumble 7

Floor hockey in the pool. Get on the ice, you bitches.

The "taking pictures of the girls at school and selling them" thing never ceases to creep me the fuck out, and I don't think it ever will.

sleepykyo

I don't usually use anime backgrounds on my phone, but decided I liked this one a lot and have been using it for my lock screen. What do you guys think?

Anyone that sees it is going to think you're a pedophile. Or bug you about which Miku song is the best.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
School Rumble 7

Floor hockey in the pool. Get on the ice, you bitches.

The "taking pictures of the girls at school and selling them" thing never ceases to creep me the fuck out, and I don't think it ever will.

Yeah, I've always wondered if that was a real thing or an anime thing. I've always assumed it's an anime thing, but you never know.

wonzo

Banned
Log Horizon 8

I may have issues with some of the underlying game mechanics but I'd be lying if I didn't find the economic trade maneuvering & manipulation to be utterly fascinating. Can't wait for next weeks ep.

cajunator

Banned
Log Horizon 8

I may have issues with some of the underlying game mechanics but I'd be lying if I didn't find the economic trade maneuvering & manipulation to be utterly fascinating. Can't wait for next weeks ep.

Spice and Wolf 3 makes an unexpected appearance

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gingitsune Episode 8:

Dear Gingitsune, okay, I get it, Hiwako Funabashi has changed radically n the span of a few episodes and basically stopped being a bitch to everybody, you can stop sledgehammering that fact into my skull now. Also, can you get her love interests that are less creepy.

They come out like three a year with 7 to go iirc. At least you're not sitting around waiting on Witcher books because oh boy.

I give a hearty laugh to this because the books are available in spanish so I already finished them. In fact I'm sure they're available in every language but english lol.

That's still no excuse to not buy and read the novels as they're released anyway.

By the time the english translations are finished I'll be an old man with saggy skin reading about economics and a bestiality love story.

Spring time of my youth demands this be released earlier. Springtiiiiiiiime for Woofington in Germanyyyyyyyyyyy

I give a hearty laugh to this because the books are available in spanish so I already finished them. In fact I'm sure they're available in every language but english lol.

By the time the english translations are finished I'll be an old man with saggy skin reading about economics and a bestiality love story.

Spring time of my youth demands this be released earlier. Springtiiiiiiiime for Woofington in Germanyyyyyyyyyyy

It will only be April 2016 by the time Yen Press finishes the translation if the current tri-yearly release is still used. I eagerly await novel ten this December.

Gingitsune Episode 8:

Dear Gingitsune, okay, I get it, Hiwako Funabashi has changed radically n the span of a few episodes and basically stopped being a bitch to everybody, you can stop sledgehammering that fact into my skull now. Also, can you get her love interests that are less creepy.
at least the guy is aware that he shouldn't view her as such , that's a great start.
The student concil president however is a total failure on so many levels.

The iDOLWR@SLER - 08

Hahahahahaha. This show.
How the heck does this work ?

Why wasn't there ever a Spice and Wolf 3?

I'd read the LN's if they weren't slow as ever living shit to come out in english

I've bought the Us version of the novels and i too is annoyed that they aren't released properly. At least they are still being released .

Gazoinks

Clannad 10

Tomoya this is the worst quintuple date ever.

A new arc begins! Kotomi's turn! I can already guess what her angst is, but maybe Clannad will surprise me. Kotomi is fairly amusing as a character, but I can see her shtick getting old fast, so hopefully she gets development quickly.

Prediction:
Kotomi uses her painful violin powers to become a sound-themed superhero.

FE1fvh8l.jpg

Who's this guy

Also there was another robot sequence so that was a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom