• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Reminds me of this

hanekawa-screamf7f2q.gif

I wonder if Ryo Imamura animates all of SHAFTs crying girls? :p

This post saddens me. Dont cry Shaftgirls ;_;

Hmmm. I like the blue haired catgirl but I can definitely see your point.

cnet128

Banned
Kyousougiga 7

So uh,
daddy Myoue showed up. And he seems to have brought the mirrorworld apocalypse with him. Uh-oh.

Crying
Koto is cute. As is
mummy's girl
Koto.

That is a pretty amazing gif. It's just a pity it has to be one of the worst girls in the show in it.

jbug617

Banned
City Hunter 3-4
Ryo is a great protagonist. He knows when to have fun and when it gets serious he doesn't let up.

Episode 4 stands out because we meet the girl who is in the OP so she probably going to stick around.
Also I wonder did they sensor the shot through the train? It hit the bad guy in the arm but I thought he would of shot him through the eye since he had the patch on.

Gazoinks

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 04
7O88K1tl.jpg

Probably the only time Itoshiki will actually come close to looking cool.

Oh hey, an actual OP sequence! A cool, weirdly sexual OP sequence.

Am I going insane or did I hear one of iMovie's stock stingers repeatedly during the tiger pit scene?

Anyway, this was a great episode also. The first half was funny, especially the shopkeepers' fertile imagination and the ending, and the second half was hilarious.
"Look into my eyes..." KILL KILL KILL.

Peeps be crazy yo.

(Steins;Gate spoiler joke)
If Meru ends up shooting Fuura I am going to cry

Also the stinger at the end was the most epic of battles.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 9

Lots of firsts in this episode. This is the first time Bright knocks some sense into someone (the premier of the infamous Bright Slap, if you will.), followed by Frau Bow dressing Amuro down by offering to pilot the Gundam in his yellow-bellied place. This is the first time Char really tries to get Garma killed, and, along with the introduction of sexy redhead Ms. Matilda, this is the first time the Gundam series makes any kind of comment about Newtypes, with Matilda stating Amuro might be some kind of psychic. I've been told that Zeon Deikun came up with all this Newtype stuff before the series begins, but this is the first time we see it on screen.

Narag

Mobile Suit Gundam 9

Lots of firsts in this episode. This is the first time Bright knocks some sense into someone (the premier of the infamous Bright Slap, if you will.), followed by Frau Bow dressing Amuro down by offering to pilot the Gundam in his yellow-bellied place. This is the first time Char really tries to get Garma killed, and, along with the introduction of sexy redhead Ms. Matilda, this is the first time the Gundam series makes any kind of comment about Newtypes, with Matilda stating Amuro might be some kind of psychic. I've been told that Zeon Deikun came up with all this Newtype stuff before the series begins, but this is the first time we see it on screen.

matilda so waifuable

Found this

The theory of cycles states it should be Umakoshi or a similar style. See the pattern:
Futari wa -> Splash Star
Yes -> Smile
Fresh -> Doki Doki
Heartcatch -> ???
Suite -> ???
Basically, there has been some form of pattern, seasons resembling a previous one in design. They seem to have understood the negative feedback from doing it too son (from season 1&2 to season 3), so they opted to make season 9 match season 4&5, Season 10 match season 6, and if the pattern repeats, season 11 (Happiness Charge) should resemble season 7 (Heartcatch, notice how even the initials match?)

The sad part is that it probably explains why both Regina is the best character in DokiDoki, on top of the fact that a villian is in lesbians with the main lead... although there was boy cock involved for Love.

Yes! might have been completely romanced focus, something Smile wasn't known for, but Akane managed to get romance. She's the only one with a Male partner, whereas in Smile, the equivelant Red Cure gets screwed over in romance, but everyone else gets blessed with animal dick. Also the 5 Cure mechanic. Splash Star goes without saying.

Don't believe 7th's lies.

How long has it been since I picked this show up? Must have forgotten about it during that lull I had in the summer.

Eureka 7 - 3

Wait, her name is pronounced "OOH-RECA?" I'm watching the dub, and is this another Japanese thing? Like how Simon is pronounced "SEE MOAN" there? Or did they think pronouncing it "YOUR-ICA" would cause some confusing reactions during potential emotional scenes?

I don't know what it is about Eureka's eyes, but they slightly creep me out.

0G9j7RF.png

Staring right into the soul.

Meh, I'll get used to it.

So she can apparently sense the emotions of that giant robot. Cool. I wonder what she'd sense from Gurren Lagann. On second thought, that wouldn't be a good idea. She'd probably get dizzy.

Holy shit this escape sequence music is so good.

CorvoSol

How long has it been since I picked this show up? Must have forgotten about it during that lull I had in the summer.

Eureka 7 - 3

Wait, her name is pronounced "OOH-RECA?" I'm watching the dub, and is this another Japanese thing? Like how Simon is pronounced "SEE MOAN" there? Or did they think pronouncing it "YOUR-ICA" would cause some confusing reactions during potential emotional scenes?

I don't know what it is about Eureka's eyes, but they slightly creep me out.

Meh, I'll get used to it.

So she can apparently sense the emotions of that giant robot. Cool. I wonder what she'd sense from Gurren Lagann. On second thought, that wouldn't be a good idea. She'd probably get dizzy.

Holy shit this escape sequence music is so good.

"Eu reka" because I don't know why. But that's how they roll in Japanese, too, if AO is anything to judge by. Also Eureka's eyes look the way they do for reasons.

The point is this is a wonderful show and I love it, but also the beginning is a bit slow.

kyoukai no kanata - 09

I didn't expect this turn of events.

And i'm very confused.

I don't think this "confirmation" is true and it's probably a matter of context but still , someone is messing with the viewer.

Theonik

Idol Defence Force Hummingbird 03
We CQC now. This show is still pretty amusing.
The moral dilemmas especially so.

Dream Hunter REM 03 -FIN-
Great episode, from the sakuga to a very nice setup and typical REM cuteness it's pretty much all I wanted out of this really. Now to move on to New Dream Hunter REM.

Call Me Tonight
Fucking hilarious OVA basically the synopsis:
Rumi's met a lot of guys through her job, and it's probably fair to assume that most of them could be said to have some sort of problem, but a man who literally turns into a beast when he gets turned on may be outside of this perky call girl's field of expertise. Still, a little challenge every now and again stimulates the mind and makes life so much more interesting, so she's willing to give it a shot.
So 80s it hurts.

CorvoSol

Earth Maiden Arjuna 3

I'm three episodes in and already this shit is getting old. I mean, the message of today's episode was basically, "Hey, look how shitty our cgi can get! humanity is! They poison forests and can't survive in the wild!" Except really what I got out of this episode was that SEED is a bunch of assholes who will dump a girl in a hazardous wasteland without letting her go and see her mom, then call it "survival training" just to make their point about the damage being done to the environment. Getting really tired of fucking Chris calling Arjuna a fool for messing up. I mean, one, girl has been told fuck all. Literally no one has told Arjuna ANYTHING. I mean how fucking incompetent are you that Kyubey is more informative than you? And you're allegedly the good guys! Two, these demon things are attacking her loser boyfriend CONSTANTLY. You're going to make a big ass point about the lack of human instinct and humanity's divorce from nature, then get pissed when a girl instinctively moves to protect someone via force? Come the fuck on.

I mean, I'm willing to allow that humanity is too divorced from the planet, and I'm willing to allow that human civilization and culture can have a negative effect on the planet and on human beings, but I mean come on, when GUNDAM is doing a better philosophical job than you are, you know you done fucked up.

And point number three: WHY THE FUCK DOES SHE HAVE A BOW, A WEAPON, IF NOT TO ATTACK SHIT? COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

So yeah, what I learned about this episode is that Arjuna joined a Green Cult on accident and they will physically and mentally abuse her in ways Gendo Ikari would not even dream.

Jarmel

Banned
Earth Maiden Arjuna 3

I'm three episodes in and already this shit is getting old. I mean, the message of today's episode was basically, "Hey, look how shitty our cgi can get! humanity is! They poison forests and can't survive in the wild!" Except really what I got out of this episode was that SEED is a bunch of assholes who will dump a girl in a hazardous wasteland without letting her go and see her mom, then call it "survival training" just to make their point about the damage being done to the environment. Getting really tired of fucking Chris calling Arjuna a fool for messing up. I mean, one, girl has been told fuck all. Literally no one has told Arjuna ANYTHING. I mean how fucking incompetent are you that Kyubey is more informative than you? And you're allegedly the good guys! Two, these demon things are attacking her loser boyfriend CONSTANTLY. You're going to make a big ass point about the lack of human instinct and humanity's divorce from nature, then get pissed when a girl instinctively moves to protect someone via force? Come the fuck on.

I mean, I'm willing to allow that humanity is too divorced from the planet, and I'm willing to allow that human civilization and culture can have a negative effect on the planet and on human beings, but I mean come on, when GUNDAM is doing a better philosophical job than you are, you know you done fucked up.

And point number three: WHY THE FUCK DOES SHE HAVE A BOW, A WEAPON, IF NOT TO ATTACK SHIT? COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

So yeah, what I learned about this episode is that Arjuna joined a Green Cult on accident and they will physically and mentally abuse her in ways Gendo Ikari would not even dream.

You're not learning from the mountain.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - 08

Fighting fate!
Even though people are remembering glimpses from previous time loops it looks like Keichii is the one able to keep things together and progress things forward. It makes sense from the standpoint that he's a newcomer to the village but also from his main character status in the previous season.

Regarding Satako I believe that her issue will be resolved and will soon be free of her abusive uncle, however even so I think tragedy will still occur in this time loop from somwhere else.

Narag

Earth Maiden Arjuna 3

You're in for a ride. And by you I mean us. :lol

Kyousougiga - 07

Wooow

I know all of us wanted something to happen ...but wow That is a TURN OF EVENTS i wasn't ready for.

The stakes are raised !

And i can't wait to know more next week !

Earth Maiden Arjuna 3

You're right on everything and guess what ? there is more ....

Jarmel

Banned
Eh, that still not confirmed.

Also if true anyway, are you implying that's some writing skillz at display?

Was she ever clumsy when Akihito isn't around? I'm thinking of all those scenes where she screwed up, it was almost always in front of him.

There's also this scene:
http://puu.sh/5vo0Q.jpg

However I'm not sure if that's taken right before episode 1.

I'll have to eat tons of fucking crow if the stuff with
her acting
turns out to be true.

Syrinx

I think I've decided that I'm going to watch The Laws of Eternity sometime this weekend. That's the first Happy Science film I watch, right?

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - 09

THE POWER TO DEFEAT FATE IS... apparently socially awkward males?

Haha, in all seriousness it looks like Rika is determined once again and will act on her own volition to save Satoko. There is still the issue with the Sonozaki family but once again I feel that Satoka will be saved but a tragedy will occur. Perhaps an outrage caused by the Sonozaki family will set a chain of events?

CorvoSol

You're not learning from the mountain.

If I meant to do that, I'd watch Disney Pochahontas in which a white man scores with a totally hot native chick. God Bless Ethnocentrism. BLESS IT.

You're in for a ride. And by you I mean us. :lol

Is this not the way of the List?

You're right on everything and guess what ? there is more ....

How bad can it get in 10 episodes' time?

So, am I the only one that thinks Kill la Kill's opening Sirius is awesome to listen to? I mean, its no Sorario Days, but I think it's still one hell of a fist-pumping song.

I like it.

Coppelion 9

In which nothing happens and a robot is a better character than Aoi. REALLY hope the Ozu sisters kill her. REALLY.

Jarmel

Banned
Yeah; I think it's better if I don't say anything about KnK. You guys seem to be enjoying going in blind.

Spoil it. The answer is certainly going to be underwhelming. I'm sure as hell not attached enough to this show to care.

Gazoinks

Kyousougiga 07

Oh ho ho things are getting real now. Sweet reunion, but a little sad, but then things really got going in the second half.
Myoue Sr. is being creepy and vaguely antagonistic and apparently brought the apocalypse with him. Maybe he can only save Koto Sr. for good by destroying the Mirror Capital or something?

Next episode come on already!

7Th

FOR JARMEL:
she has been being used to kill him from the start but she fell in love with him; the moe girl persona isn't really an act as most of it its an anime adaptation exaggeration. She does need the glasses.

Jarmel

Banned
FOR JARMEL:
she has been being used to kill him from the start but she fell in love with him; the moe girl persona isn't really an act as most of it its an anime adaptation exaggeration. She does need the glasses.

So underwhelming then. Oh well, thanks.

gundam build fighters 8

oooh technobabble. delicious :D

samurai boya.

who got the best mcguffin wins!

Kinda silly there isn't a better projection system for tourney play when the stadiums are massive.

Non Non Biyori 2

So way back in the beginning of the thread, I was told that Hotaru was the best girl of the season and I should watch this show.

And after picking it up and seeing her, I thought "she was a nice girl but didn't really strike me as best girl material".

Then I'm told she changes in the next one (piquing my curiosity) and after finally having enough spare time, I watch the 2nd episode.

In the ensuing 22 minutes, my heart was assaulted by her adorable fawning over her precious Koma-chan, seeing heart aching tears falling at the thought of giving up her cherished gift, getting excited and dressing up maturely (10/10, she is not a 5th grader) over her outing with Koma, watching her smiling so brightly over the fact of being able to walk/talk with Koma, and ending with her creating the cutest Koma-chan doll ever.

I am now a fan and right at the edge of declaring her best girl myself.

CorvoSol

Bakemonogatari 8

Senjougahara>Kanbaru for now.

You know, I don't understand half the shit people say in this show, and I feel like you need to understand Japanese to get like, half of what the Priest dude says, but I will say this: Show LOOKS great. The CGI is inoffensive, the colors are vibrant (unlike, say, Coppelion where they're a pain in the neck), and the character design is enjoyable. The plot, divorced from a prose so deep purple it is nearly black, is actually pretty fun. Story of a harem protag who already has a girlfriend solving ghost problems with the help of his beach-bum priest buddy.

I just wish the writer would learn to be more succinct with his dialogue. Especially Senjougahara. Girl opens her mouth and talks for like, three minutes straight every single time. And every character being a witty wordsmith is a bit grating at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom