• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Pink, black and white Cure in a 10 years anniversary season (and the second Cure has blue with yellow highlights)! Are we finally getting Cure Decade?

1258905694186.jpg

HeartCatch had shitty art at the start too before the Umakoshi art stepped in. The dream still lives!

Huh... what? Umakoshi was the character designer for HeartCatch. The main issue here is that if those designs are real, he isn't the character designer for Happiness Charge. He can still have a more involved role in the animation than in other series, but that won't change the designs.

And I think it's unlikely they'd give him a big role in the animation of a tv show, but not go with characters designed by him.

cajunator

Banned
Noukome ep 8

The real chocolat......oh god.....why is she so perfect? Dammit Kanade, you should've hugged all 3 instead!!

Youre making me want to continue this show. Episode one was just strange. The choices are so incredibly stupid. Im not sure what to make of it. What should I expect if I continue it?

I love this.

I watched Wolf Children with my parents tonight. I think my dad made it all the way through (although he kept his own council on whether he enjoyed it or not) but my mom fell asleep. Oh well, you can't please everyone. :p

Due to some unforeseen events today, I didnt have a chance to watch Wolf Children but I will check it out tomorrow.

Theonik

Huh... what? Umakoshi was the character designer for HeartCatch. The main issue here is that if those designs are real, he isn't the character designer for Happiness Charge. He can have a more involved role in the animation and such, but that won't change the designs.
The early promo art for HeartCatch looked pretty bad is the point not the character designer. And also that's the joke but I guess you lose some context if you don't log on IRC

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
just noticed how your avatar works with the light/dark themes, BGBW. bravo as always.
I'm glad when people notice it because most never change the theme. The last one that did this trick had the advantage that it could assume everyone had a grey background (minus a few stylesheetists).

NeonZ

At least the bad initial art for Heartcatch looks like Umakoshi's Precure style instead of genericure!

Maybe it's really a crossover season! Then fairly generic designs like those posted above would make it easier to line up with various other art styles (while something Umakoshi designed would stand out too much).

Ok, it won't happen.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Clearly it means you should be watching Denpa Onna.
I'm hardly watching the shows I started this season and I have Galaxy Express 999 and the first series of Hidamari Sketch to still finish.

And that's not taking into account I'm watching Master Chef four nights a week and Super Mario 3D World is coming out this weekend.

So no time for badly sung OP show.

fertygo

The early promo art for HeartCatch looked pretty bad is the point not the character designer. And also that's the joke but I guess you lose some context if you don't log on IRC

Huh, the concept art looked great even without detail in final form.. just look at that, the hair and costume is very catchy from get go and certainly miles better than what new show has.

Joe Molotov

Maybe it's really a crossover season! Then fairly generic designs like those posted above would make it easier to line up with various other art styles (while something Umakoshi designed would stand out too much).

Ok, it won't happen.

Or maybe these generic looking Precures get brutally murdered in Episode 3 during the grimdark twist!?

Theonik

Armored Hunter Mellowlink 10
RIP house. Hope the girl gets compensated somehow.
Also: They make wine out of polymer ringers? How... That doesn't sound healthy.
Then again I have no idea what polymer ringers are even meant to be.

NeonZ

If those designs are real, I wonder what's up with the Heartcatch-like logo. These Cures don't even seem to be HC-type Cures... Although, when added to their simple/bland designs, I guess it could be just a generally bland art direction for the entire show.

Or maybe these generic looking Precures get brutally murdered in Episode 3 during the grimdark twist!?

Hey, a crossover show isn't that impossible, even if it's not likely either. There are crossover movies already, after all.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Even if not Umakoshi, those still look a lot like Toshie Kawamura (Smile) character designs so no meltdowns here yet.

duckroll

Kyousougiga - Episode 7

Some of the episode was a bit slow, but it's really nice to see stuff finally happening beyond the previously made content. The episode certainly sets up events which will finally move the story beyond dwelling on the past and moving into the future. Some of the stuff towards the end of the episode did a really good job of making the show much more exciting that it's been for a while. Or maybe it's just Ishida's voice. So hawt. <3

Narag

Armored Hunter Mellowlink 10
RIP house. Hope the girl gets compensated somehow.
Also: They make wine out of polymer ringers? How... That doesn't sound healthy.
Then again I have no idea what polymer ringers are even meant to be.

Isn't it just AT lubricant?

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 80

Hyuga is amazing and by far favorite of the legendary saints this season so far. He's kind of a perfect fit for Subaru and his stay cool lines to constantly counter and remind the always fired up Subaru. Great fight this time around and intense.
Though they keep making Subaru out to have really dark vibes, the red and eerie looking cosmo, the dark song that plays constantly, and t hen the one focus in of his line when he said time is needed to grow stronger... :( I hope he wont turn out to be a baddie at the end of the day

Theonik

Isn't it just AT lubricant?
I mean chemically, but actually no I don't think they are just lubricants either. They use them as the main chemical material in what they call AT synthetic muscles?
And a couple of episodes ago they showed how that stuff was a terrible stinking chemical cocktail of pretty much everything, which kinda makes the idea of it being used a beverage, well surprising.

Phi Brain 3 Episode 8
tumblr_reply_mwsnsjFk5r1qhosfy.gif

Such a huge cake slice for his mouth,lol.

Slow episode, though some of the scenes did make me chuckle, like Kaito and Gammon sharing the one bed in the room, and then the scene where Gammon asked Freecell that he and Melancholy should go out and Freecell was like he only has eyes for like Kaito.

I thought there was someone higher up for Enigma, not that he is doing this for some person in his past. I wonder how they are implicated with Jin, perhaps one of his puzzles designs killed them/

Articalys

By the way, the Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX twitter account published some data from the location test last month, so if you're curious:
Main character usage percentage said:
Shana: 21%
Asuna: 19%
Mikoto: 17%
Shizuo: 15%
Kirino: 15%
Kuroyukihime: 13%
which is split somewhat evenly. However:
Support character usage percentage said:
Wilhelmina: 30%
Touma: 25%
Kuroneko: 18%
Leafa: 15%
Celty: 6%
Haruyuki: 6%
https://twitter.com/FIGHTING_CLIMAX/status/406003699106844672
https://twitter.com/FIGHTING_CLIMAX/status/406005116836118528

Youre making me want to continue this show. Episode one was just strange. The choices are so incredibly stupid. Im not sure what to make of it. What should I expect if I continue it?

I'm surprised you feel that way. The show is pretty much made for you. I say continue with it for a few more episodes.

Heysoos

Nagi no Asukara

Damn Hikari got crushed when Manaka pushed him away, but what did he expect? Maybe this will finally prompt him to give up. Won't happen though. Hope they explain more in detail
what's going to happen and why to the surface though.

Yowamushi Pedal 8

I don't know how this show continues to engross me despite not that much "happening" in each episode of the race. Well, actually I do - good direction, good cycling animation, exciting music, and charming characters. Go, Onoda!

Hmm. New Precure designs...

I think theyre cuties!

So they're wearing suits or something?

Those designs look pretty meh. What happened to the Umakoshi 7th was promising? Lol.

I told you don't believe 7th's lies. And fuck you 7th :l

HeartCatch had shitty art at the start too before the Umakoshi art stepped in. The dream still lives!

The shit art was close to Umakoshi. Here you're stretching bra.

Actually I was the one saying that from the start.

ThatsTheJoke.jpg

ALRIGHT, fine! Fuck you Theonik! Are you happy now?

Look like a school uniform but with frills to make it princess like.
Added some boots because they are precure , and they still need to fight a little.

Someone said they looked older... then again I think the dude was only exposed to Heartcatch, who all look pretty young, so meh.

But why is there such a gap between Lovely and Princess? Shame we can't even go "But but it could've been those Cures from Legend for DokiDoki"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom