• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
looool

Apparently NoA is putting Pokemon BW Destinies episodes on the eshop. Streaming only, no downloads.

How Cure Lovely.

fake edit: WHY IS THERE A FUCKING AD AT THE BEGINNING!?

Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea) Episode 9

Yes so glad the Manaka route was shot down, and Kaname, too perfect that he isnt focused on anyone. Anyway outside of romance the stuff going on seems a bit scary, hope details are quickly dished out. Though it seems like it will leave Tsumugu out :(

looool

Apparently NoA is putting Pokemon BW Destinies episodes on the eshop. Streaming only, no downloads.

How Cure Lovely.

fake edit: WHY IS THERE A FUCKING AD AT THE BEGINNING!?
Was it at least an Ad for pokemon stuff ?

Someone said they looked older... then again I think the dude was only exposed to Heartcatch, who all look pretty young, so meh.

But why is there such a gap between Lovely and Princess? Shame we can't even go "But but it could've been those Cures from Legend for DokiDoki"!

Well the precure multiverse is kinda confusing now , so they better start from scratch unless they are ready for some serious retcon.

As for the gap , it's expected for them to have one , if they start with 2 characters they better make a clear difference between the 2 and presonnaly i think this gap is not that huge.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I wanted that High School DXD Blu-ray >_>

Amazon told me the wrong time for when it went on sale.

cnet128

Banned
Hmm. New Precure designs...

3Q9355g.jpg
ili1Xio.jpg

I think theyre cuties!

I must admit, my initial impression is "underwhelmed".

Also "Goddamn Cure Princess, what is that hair, are you going to use it for slicing things?"

Was it at least an Ad for pokemon stuff ?

Well the precure multiverse is kinda confusing now , so they better start from scratch unless they are ready for some serious retcon.

As for the gap , it's expected for them to have one , if they start with 2 characters they better make a clear difference between the 2 and presonnaly i think this gap is not that huge.

Well they generally do make rather contrasting characters when there's two. Although considering they'll obviously throw in more Cures, which will lead to more underdevelopment. BUT HEY, if there's an evil chick around their age, she'll probably be the best girl. That was the case with Fresh, Suite, and Doki Doki!

Also yes the ad is for Pokemon stuff

Why? D:
I was the one saying not to beleive 7th's lies!

Because you confuse me.

I must admit, my initial impression is "underwhelmed".

Also "Goddamn Cure Princess, what is that hair, are you going to use it for slicing things?"

Now I'm even more disappointed. As if those bangs weren't bad enough.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 8
BaLglA5CcAASAts.png

Fighting the various King Torture enemies is actually a refreshing and entertaining thing to do these seven and eight episodes in. The first one with the Rhino was rather hilarious and quite fun especially with the manager their, the random jokes, and Samumenco's lateness at it.

Otherwise cant wait for the larger and grander scheme to come into play
is prime minister in on this too, his reaction at the final meeting that had dwindled to biweekly meetings and lots of empty seats seemed odd

Tv Masayoshi is great, kind of funny that Goto san has so much of his magazines and even watches Masayoshi always on tv.

Nagi no Asukara 9

Poor Hikari :( He's gotten very likable too. Despite the romance stuff, shit is going down.
Looks like the Sea God is pissed and is gonna try to freeze everyone on the surface to death.

That scene with Manaka when she
put on the Ofunehiki mask felt like foreshadowing. Will she give be used as a sacrifice for the Sea God? Give herself up voluntarily? Its not really in her character and I'd expect that from Hikari if he was a female character. Still tho.

Jex

[Valvrave] - 20

This show's story is like, not even close to any kind of resolution. I really don't see how they're going to wrap up the whole thing.

Kill la Kill Episode 9

Potentially a serious contender for second best fight in the series that was just plain intense and stunning the whole time
if only it hadnt had foolish writing there, it could have truly been memorable. To think she was pushed to her limits at even just the first one though.

Mataro and tv provided the best minor moment.

duckroll

Samurai Flamenco - Episode 8

RvOwcAr.jpg

I'm sure this is exactly how cosmicblizzard feels. Lol.

Really weird episode. On one hand, I think the visual insanity is pretty refreshing and entertaining on a base level. On the other hand, there's this sense that there's something really wrong here fundamentally but everyone seems to be ignoring it and just going for the ride. Either way it's going to be really interesting to see how they resolve this arc, because it's moving really quickly. The inner turmoil within Masayoshi is probably going to be a major character point soon, since they're making it so obvious.

It's sad to see how the production seems to be straight up Attack On Titan'd though. This week the scenes which were completed properly look pretty good. The opening fight actually had flow and animation, but a ton of the character scenes were straight up unfinished. There's a scene late in the episode with the manager where she turns around in a single frame. No animation, no inbetweens, no keyframes. Masayoshi's face changed in every other scene, even during the same scenes, and that victory pose in the final fight was just... MS Paint.

T_T

Owwari

Banned
Nagi no Asukara 9

This show would be so much better if Tsugumu wasn't some depressed, expresionless, philosophical cunt that thinks he's smarter than everyone else.
Considering on dropping this one, that out-of-nowhere rejection at the end was the deal breaker.

EDIT: Or you know what, that's good after all, since the worst characters will end up paired in the end anyways.

JCG

[Valvrave] - 20

This show's story is like, not even close to any kind of resolution. I really don't see how they're going to wrap up the whole thing.

Four episodes is a long time in Okouchi time...and since this is a Matsuo series they've probably already pre-recorded all the dialogue up to the ending too. I'm thinking they'll just set up a free-for-all final battle to end the season and then give us a glimpse into the future as an epilogue, regardless of how unlikely it is that this show will get any sort of continuation.

Kill la Kill - 9

Ugh, are they really gonna do
the one fight per episode thing? I like intense long fights, but it would be really nice if they sped things up just a little. But even so, at least we got a little more exposition on Satsuki in this episode. So she's using the academy as her army. I can see the show having a second arc involving the entire school V.S. some greater evil.

But other than that,
hell yes at that new transformation for Ryuko. Spikes are always awesome. Though that last attack from Gamagoori was a bit...questionable. Especially on what Senketsu did to counter it.

cajunator

Banned
tokyo raven 7-8

this serious stuff is just boring... stop with the boring stuff boring anime. need less bromance more waifus

But..Kon!

Hmm, looks like some manga series called Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou had an anime greenlit. I'm not familiar with it, and the only summary I can find is as follows:

Will have to do a bit more research.

edit: oh, it's from the same mangaka as Love Lab.

edit2: additional summary via ANN:

Hmmm. Potential.

I hate this character so much.

Ohhh you have NO idea Corvy kun heehee.

DEFINITELY interested in this.

cnet128

Banned
Coppelion 9

Return of Aoi is happiness. Screw the haters.

Big operation ahead is excite. Go go Planet crew!

Crazy old midwife woman is entertaining. Yeah, you hijack those airwaves!

cajunator

Banned
savinganime44.jpg

white whale holy grail etc

Wait, why is this a holy grail? I have this show. whats special about this disc?

HeartCatch had shitty art at the start too before the Umakoshi art stepped in. The dream still lives!

character design doesnt indicate anything yet.

I'm glad when people notice it because most never change the theme. The last one that did this trick had the advantage that it could assume everyone had a grey background (minus a few stylesheetists).

I noticed it right away. That specific color of gray and your previous avatars were pretty easy to spot. The other one disappeared when the alternating post colors fell on a certain hue.

Clearly it means you should be watching Denpa Onna.

Clearly he should.

I'm surprised you feel that way. The show is pretty much made for you. I say continue with it for a few more episodes.

Not really but Yukihira is definitely a cutie.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asu Kara 9

Oh shit
dat rejection
. Poor Hikari.

Meanwhile ominous things are happening. That whole thing with
everyone standing silently with their underwater blue lanterns
was creeeeeeepy.

Also does Sayu
have a little crush on Kaname going on there
? That's so sweet
by which I mean Kaname you have all my envy.

jman2050

Kill la Kill 9

Nice, that lived up to my expectations quite nicely. Gamagoori is such a cool dude.

...Is it a bad thing that I was sort of rooting for Gamagoori there for a while? lol

I'm expecting Gamagoori to be back eventually, even better than before.

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 09

Pretty good episode, but not totally happy about the format. The battle itself was pretty good,
even if it pulled the "OH BATTLE POWERUP WHEN I WAS DESPERATE WOO" thing
but I'm hoping the next 3 episodes aren't just one-on-one battles.

So yeah, pretty good episode overall, but at the same time left me a bit "eeehn" on the direction the show is going in so far.

I hope they change the background on the new ANN design. A plain white background with a whole bunch of boxes of news doesn't look great.

After that it's decent. At least I get a preview picture with my news now.

jman2050

Golden Time 9

Damn, now I just feel really bad for Linda.

STFU Ghost Banri and go away... wait... wait no... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what have you done Tekemiya!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom