• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Dandy for savior of anime confirmed. It even appears out of nowhere to save the day.

ME4LbUP.png

Gazoinks

Wait

i say :

You say :

So we agree , then ?

Yeah, I wasn't arguing. :p

Up front Golden Time was super bland LN crap. You would think ghosts and cults would make things more interesting, but the show is so straight and earnest with its stupidity that everything just got even worse.

This is exactly the problem. Samumenco becoming increasingly stupid works alright because it's becoming equally goofy to match, but Golden Time is asking us to take its stupidy as completely straight drama and to that I say hell no.

Aaaaanyway...

Wolf Children
mLjM6Wg.gif

Let's start a petition to get Hana elected as the next saint, alright? Sheesh.

Great movie! Yeah, I don't really have any major criticisms, honestly. Great animation, delicious backgrounds, really touching, feels, good music, good characters. The rain especially stood out as really well done. Yeah, everyone watch this and then vote for it in the AOTY poll.

For some reason the copy I watched had an issue where it couldn't display subs of a sign and dialog subs at the same time, so whenever a sign showed up the dialog would vanish. :x

Not writing a long post because I am hungry.

I don't really get the big deal about Ame...

Current Top 3 AOTY In No Particular Order:
-Wolf Children
-The Flowers of Evil
-Space Battleship Yamato 2199

And for me, the shows keeping this season afloat are Kyousougiga and Log Horizon.

Same. KLK has been wobbly lately too.

fertygo

VVV
I just know on this thursday that look grim, this one that will save it,

BASED Okouchi :bow

This one seem gonna reveling into R2 area.

Woe be to the anime viewer who finds no delight in Tokyo Ravens, Nagi no Asukara, Diabolik Lovers, Yowamushi Pedal, and Gundam Build Fighters, the true new shows of this season, that just keep on giving week after week.

All of this and no mention with show that became your avy smh

Gazoinks

Damn. Maybe I should get rid of my furry phobia and give Wolf Children a try. I mean I was surprised with how decent one of the recent Ghibli films was.

You know you want that wholesome bestiality.

No, but it is a really good movie, and I wouldn't really describe it as furry in the creepy sexual sense that that word is usually used.

Pooya

for those still watching Galilei Donna, how is the soundtrack?

KLK - 9

The doujins write themselves! I sure hope story reaches that next stage this year, I'm not really feeling it anymore, I need a change of setting.

Furry phobia and that avatar does not compute.

image.php

Some day we will all agree that the difference between a foxy lady and a fox lady is "Why?"
The difference is that a foxy lady doesn't have a fluffy tail so I'll take my love somewhere else.

It's definitely sexualized as they do what you need to do to make wolf children, but not vulgar!
I meant like in that scene it's not like they're shown going at each other like animals (lol), it's just sweet!

cajunator

Banned
Damn. Maybe I should get rid of my furry phobia and give Wolf Children a try. I mean I was surprised with how decent one of the recent Ghibli films was.

You really should. Theres nothing wrong with fictional anthros.

image.php

The difference is that a foxy lady doesn't have a fluffy tail so I'll take my love somewhere else.

I meant like in that scene it's not like they're shown going at each other like animals (lol), it's just sweet!

No fluffy tail, no sale.

*looks at username and avatar*

Furry phobia and that avatar does not compute.

Lol I should have realized this would happen. I just thought it'd be funny to have a dog in a military uniform. I only have one other name I go by online and in PSN, and it has nothing to do with xXxFursonaxXx. It has to do with a much more socially acceptable topic. Fantasy novels [and beer].

=/=
ficgJxR.gif

I was considering posting a fursuit picture from google. but even with safe search on I feel in some way shape or form every one of them are NSFW.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
You know you want that wholesome bestiality.

No, but it is a really good movie, and I wouldn't really describe it as furry in the creepy sexual sense that that word is usually used.

What's the none-creepy version of furry? I'm not claiming to understand quantum mechanics but doesn't the none-creepy furry exist because you created a creepy distinction of a furry?

jman2050

This whole drop/undrop/drop phenomenon with I see with people with certain shows seems kind of weird to me. Either you take your lumps and let the story runs its course, rage-worthy moments and all, or you wash your hands of the whole thing and don't worry about it anymore.

Jex

[Kill la Kill] - 9

This story really noticeably lacks the energy, pacing and tight structure of something like a Gurren Lagann. For such a high-energy title I really don't feel any building of tension or excitement to help the viewer through the show. It's certainly succeeded in one-off comedy episodes and the odd fight but overall it really lacks momentum.

Gazoinks

What's the none-creepy version of furry? I'm not claiming to understand quantum mechanics but doesn't the none-creepy furry exist because you created a creepy distinction of a furry?

Well my point is more that anything with anthropomorphic animals in it isn't automatically fetish fuel, which is what I usually take furry to mean. Maybe I phrased it weirdly.

Narag

This whole drop/undrop/drop phenomenon with I see with people with certain shows seems kind of weird to me. Either you take your lumps and let the story runs its course, rage-worthy moments and all, or you wash your hands of the whole thing and don't worry about it anymore.

Normally it's the promise of the course being righted, I thought, so people jump back in only to get burned right after!

Jex

[Samurai Flamenco] - 8

I have a modicum of faith that this will turn out okay based on how this series started but it's certainly been an unusual journey. This episode still had some pretty bad art in it as well, which is disappointing.

Well my point is more that anything with anthropomorphic animals in it isn't automatically fetish fuel, which is what I usually take furry to mean. Maybe I phrased it weirdly.

Nah. Also I'm wondering now if some hate-filled furries with years of internet and irl bullying use games like Hotline Miami as revenge fantasies.

Which reminds me I wanna play more of that game. AWW YIS.

I don't see the confusion. I stick with a show to see if I'm willing to forgive shortcomings. Eventually I decide it's not worth it. If I drop it and there is less than half the show left it means the show just dropped the suck bomb for me. Like with Walking Dead. Or to some extent American Horror Story. With current anime, many bad comedies I dropped. I dropped KLK unless somehow someone magically tells me the show did something similar to a Gurren Lagann timeskip.

KnK is teetering on the boundary of dropping. It's almost beyond it.
BEYOND THE BOUNDARY.
that's the title HURR HURR HURR

jman2050

Normally it's the promise of the course being righted, I thought, so people jump back in only to get burned right after!

It just strikes me as being impulsive. Heck I won't even start a show unless I'm interested in it in the first place or I see it being highly recommended from trusted sources (and even then, not always) and if I do start a show, I don't drop it unless I'm really positive I don't care what happens from that point on, and that typically happens pretty early on.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

I think we're all adult enough to analyze the movie without filters. The mother clearly engaged in bestiality. We don't need to mince words there. She never dressed up as a wolf. If anything,
the husband trying to pass off as human
was the one with a fetish if anything... he wasn't a furry though... lets say he was a Humanry. He also committed humanity as well. If we were judging this by the point system then I'd say he was more guilty of breaking taboos. Well that's assuming the place he came from had strict codes against copulating with people which doesn't seem to be the case.

All that aside though, its a beautiful movie we can watch and experience as a conceptual piece without having to weigh in on fetishes and things of that nature. I don't think this is going to rewrite social taboos nor do I think it intended to. It's just a beautiful work of fiction.

cajunator

Banned
A female dragon and a dude fucked in Dragon Half and nobody cared.

Just watch what you like. If its not appealing anymore, drop it and move on. Theres nothing to prove to anybody, no quota to meet. Just watch what you want.

Gazoinks

I think we're all adult enough to analyze the movie without filters. The mother clearly engaged in bestiality. We don't need to mince words there. She never dressed up as a wolf. If anything,
the husband trying to pass off as human
was the one with a fetish if anything... he wasn't a furry though... lets say he was a Humanry. He also committed humanity as well. If we were judging this by the point system then I'd say he was more guilty of breaking taboos. Well that's assuming the place he came from had strict codes against copulating with people which doesn't seem to be the case.

All that aside though, its a beautiful movie we can watch and experience as a conceptual piece without having to weigh in on fetishes and things of that nature. I don't think this is going to rewrite social taboos nor do I think it intended to. It's just a beautiful work of fiction.

Right. I agree with you, I'm not arguing. I'm not talking about stuff in-universe, I'm just talking about impressions from people who haven't seen the movie.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, as you said. It's a very good movie and that's what actually matters.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
[Kill la Kill] - 9

This story really noticeably lacks the energy, pacing and tight structure of something like a Gurren Lagann. For such a high-energy title I really don't feel any building of tension or excitement to help the viewer through the show. It's certainly succeeded in one-off comedy episodes and the odd fight but overall it really lacks momentum.
There was a moment during this episode where the main character's motives were called into question for being selfish and ultimately petty. Deep down I began to reach for some small sense of hope that maybe this was foreshadowing, and that something of greater meaning would eventually be applied as the drive for the main character (and the show itself). Getting my hopes up for something like that is usually not a good idea though.

I'm of the opinion that the show couldn't really get by on comedy or fight scenes alone though, even if it wanted to. It just doesn't have the cast, writing, or fight choreography to do so. The most well composed episodes have actually been the ones that seemingly pushed the story forward, like the visit from Trigger, but the show seems to be actively avoiding any advancement of the plot.

Gazoinks

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 06

Best marriage ritual? Best marriage ritual. This episode was even more ridiculous than usual, and it was great. Hope we see Itoshiki's siblings again. I love they have a single normal girl in their class, which makes her abnormal.

They kinda dropped blond girl's gimmick after she was introduced, didn't they?

There was a moment during this episode where the main character's motives were called into question for being selfish and ultimately petty. Deep down I began to reach for some small sense of hope that maybe this was foreshadowing, and that something of greater meaning would eventually be applied as the drive for the main character (and the show itself). Getting my hopes up for something like that is usually not a good idea though.

I'm of the opinion that the show couldn't really get by on comedy or fight scenes alone though, even if it wanted to. It just doesn't have the cast, writing, or fight choreography to do so. The most well composed episodes have actually been the ones that seemingly pushed the story forward, like the visit from Trigger, but the show seems to be actively avoiding any advancement of the plot.

I've been relatively light on criticism for KLK, but the pacing is definitely starting to get to me. They keep threatening to shake things up, but then end up just returning to the status quo by the end. REALLY hope it isn't just three more fight episodes.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 06

Best marriage ritual? Best marriage ritual. This episode was even more ridiculous than usual, and it was great. Hope we see Itoshiki's siblings again. I love they have a single normal girl in their class, which makes her abnormal.

They kinda dropped blond girl's gimmick after she was introduced, didn't they?

her personality change gimmick? Yeah. But she develops a more hilarious gimmick which you've probably already started to see. One word.

WOW

Oubreak Company 09
This is the most self-aware meta beach episode ever. And it was hilarious. It still fell victim to boring tropes, but the
the council of old men deciding which swimsuit looks best on the princess and arguing for hours was hilarious

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - 11

I knew it, I fucking called it! You're not going to get the best of me Higurashi Kai!!!

Satako mustering up the courage and finally calling out for help really connected with me on a personal level, teared up during that scene as it was finally resolved.

As for the second half of the episode, I knew Takano was devious from back in season one where she encountered Keichii after he just killed the uncle. It was heavily hinted that she was the one who killed Tomitake at the time. As for the Yamainu being revealed to be the mysterious organization committing the murders I wonder just how Takano became the leader and what their motive is for planning the murders and mass genocide of Hinamizawa if it's not just religious fanaticism.

CorvoSol

I personally blame furry intolerance on a lack of people playing Breath of Fire as kids. I mean that game had a bird chick, a cat chick, AND a snake chick. Even Waifu Emblem doesn't give you that, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom