• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

I just don't want them to drag it out as it hasn't been a remotely interesting mystery to begin with.

You got me wrong, they will reveal it to the audience; Ryuuko will just not know herself and she won't care that much because it will stop being her number one priority.

Either way, the killer is obviously Ryuuko's mom.

Jarmel

Banned
You got me wrong, they will reveal it to the audience; Ryuuko will just not know herself and she won't care that much because it will stop being her number one priority.

I personally hate when writers do that. Then when the character finds out, nobody cares. Not to mention it drags stuff out when the narrative should just be moving forward.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Either way, the killer is obviously Ryuuko's mom.

Who is also Satsuki's mom. They're half-siblings. That's why they're both compatible with Kamui.

7Th

Who is also Satsuki's mom. They're half-siblings. That's why they're both compatible with Kamui.

Nah; Ryuuko's mom is that one woman who got "eaten" by the Kamui in Tsumugu's flashback.

I personally hate when writers do that. Then when the character finds out, nobody cares. Not to mention it drags stuff out when the narrative should just be moving forward.

Well, I don't think Ryuuko's mom being alive
and playing out everyone for fools
is something they can throw at the character in episode 13. And it has to be Ryuuko's mom; no other revelation would be worthy of this much mistery. Satsuki and her family obviously didn't have anything to do with it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Just putting this out there: if there's ever a third Kamui in the show, I hope it's female.

e: do we know for a fact that Junketsu isn't? hmmmmmmmmm.
maybe Senketsu is Ryuko's dad and Junketsu is Ryuko's mom :lol

Jarmel

Banned
I really hate how we're gonna have to sit through possibly three more of these episodic fights. The only one of the remaining three that has any sort of buildup is the Sana fight.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think Ryuuko will find that most of the audience finds her fucking boring, and hence she will exit the show in shame, and Mako can take over as the lead in an action comedy that gives no fucks.

Eh, I don't think I could handle that much Mako front and center all the time.

NeonZ

I think Kill la Kill's main problem is that they wanted to make a 2 arc structure like Gurren Lagann, with a false premise that'll be replaced by the real premise midway through the show, but, while in GL the initial false premise was so compelling some people prefer it to the second half of the show, in Kill la Kill this false premise is an obvious placeholder that's just hurting the show by taking up half of its episodes.

Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 39

Bunbee's here looking for some warmth, come to find out the last king has been found!

And that's about it really. Karen nearly choked the last king to death and had a nervous breakdown, and then we find out that HE TOO LIKES GRAPE JUICE! More animal buddies for Karen!

Anacondy apparently found out that Bunbee wanted to be the Precure's Leader and attempts to exile him, too bad he's tenacious!

oHbLqeE.jpg
lyL1etO.jpg

Naruto Shippuden 340

The sendoff for everyone was emotional and done incredibly well.

And once again, the 5 Kages realize how royally screwed they're facing Madara.

Jigolo

12 month membership for crunchyroll is $50 right now for Black Friday. I think it's a pretty good deal since it'd only come out to be ~$4.15 per month

Bombless

Naruto Shippuden 340

The sendoff for everyone was emotional and done incredibly well.

And once again, the 5 Kages realize how royally screwed they're facing Madara.

I expected more from the
Dan x Tsunade
sendoff.
"There's no time for sentimentalily" *goes to flashback*.

Quasar

Animenewsnetwork new look is alright

It is however more heavier than before ( technical level ) but that's what is considered "acceptable" by today standards

Can't say I'm bothered but then all my reading is via the feedly app. Never actually see the site aside from article pages as they put as little as possible in the rss.

Its a harem game .... only one route will bethere

That route is going to suck since it'll most likely end with an open ending. <--- Pure conjecture

But if they had individual routes, I could at least hope for Yui to have a
baby
ending.

I expected more from the
Dan x Tsunade
sendoff.
"There's no time for sentimentalily" *goes to flashback*.

Thought the
forehead kiss
scene was emotional enough for that moment between the two.

Certainly helped her renew her confidence after almost being struck down again.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Kamui are Evangelions and only people capable of wearing Kamui can trigger instrumentality; transformed Kamui users achieve godhood by their Kamui drinking the blood of the revived Lilith. Satsuki has been being groomed for godhood her entire life which explains why she sees humans as lesser beings and seeks total control over them; her mom is Gendou. Honnouji academy is Lilith's body; the two scissor blades are the helixes of the Lance of Longinus. Ryuko is a clone from a project to mass-harvest life fibers from human bodies genetically modified to be Kamui-compatible. Her dad was a rogue scientist who opposed instrumentality. Guts is Pen-Pen.

7Th

Kamui are Evangelions and only people capable of wearing Kamui can achieve instrumentality; transformed Kamui users achieve godhood by their Kamui drinking the blood of the revived Lilith. Satsuki has been being primed for godhood her entire life which explains why she sees humans as lesser beings and seeks total control over them; her mom is Gendou. Honnouji academy is Lilith's body; the two scissor blades are the helixes of the Lance of Longinus. Ryuko is a clone from a project to mass-harvest life fibers from human bodies genetically modified to be Kamui-compatible. Her dad was a rogue scientist who opposed instrumentality. Guts is Pen-Pen.

Nah, Ryuuko is Shinji. Everything is according to her mom's plan to become God. She faked her death like Yui.

Actually, we've been misguided by the male voice. Senketsu is Ryuuko's MOM.

Branduil

I forget how childish some people on gaming side can be sometimes. "Telling people not to buy something because it's for babiez is great employee behavior!(paraphrased)"

Gaming side does something dumb!? Meanwhile

Kill La Kill 9

This show is clearly another example of me favoring the villain cast more than the good guys. The irony of this is Ryuko isn't the "moral code" Hero, but the Villains are... which kinda tells me how lacking Ryuko is as a Protagonist.

Mature

Detective Conan: Private Eye in the Distant Sea (Movie 17)
Another year, another Detective Conan movie. I think I'd put this one a small step above Eleventh Striker, but not near some of the best DC movies. The beginning was a bit slow and featured an unusually long setup. Typically, the beginning is where we're occupied with red herrings, false resolutions, and a slew of cast members whom we're supposed to suspect. However, this time we had Conan witnessing an array of unusual behavior and inexplicably being suspicious despite there not being a reason for it. Thankfully, the latter half has some reasonable pay offs and better pacing filled with above average animation.

The setting of the JMSDF Aegis Destroyer was unique, but not welcome considering the wealth of CG that was brought with it. Bad CG. Something I've come to expect from these movies. The mystery was ultimately (needlessly) convoluted with very little pay off. Though the set pieces and confrontations were probably the high point. A very unique fight scene involving Ran and the Culprit was the definite highlight of the film. Unfortunately, the film did just enough to stay entertaining, but not enough to make it memorable. Just another fun one to watch with friends.

As if to coincide with my viewing, the newest DC Movie was unveiled today: Detective Conan: Ijigen no Sniper.
detective-conan-1.jpg

Pretty excited about another movie that has centric plot ties, as The Raven Chaser ended up being my favorite of the bunch. Looking forward to it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
http://www.ginsaji-anime.com/staff-cast/

Silver Spoon season 2 staff change. The assistant director Kotomi Deai has taken over as director of the series. This means that Tomohiko Ito is finally free.... to direct Sword Art Online season 2! Let's get excited for an announcement on New Year's Eve. :D

I'm really curious as to how they'll pace this upcoming season out.

As if to coincide with my viewing, the newest DC Movie was unveiled today: Detective Conan: Ijigen no Sniper.
detective-conan-1.jpg

Pretty excited about another movie that has centric plot ties, as The Raven Chaser ended up being my favorite of the bunch. Looking forward to it.

WATTTTTT.WATTTTTTTTTTT. HYPE OVERFLOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbug617

Banned
My other Right Stuf shipment came in today.

BaRP1ASIgAA6K3p.jpg

Saiyuki and Vandread were part of the sale so it was pretty cheap to take a flyer on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom