• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dracula: Emperor of Darkness

LEAVE DRACULA ALONE!

Jesus, it's like everyone just wants him dead, even when he's not being History's Greatest Monster!
FUCKING GOD BROUGHT BACK HIS SON JUST TO KILL HIM!

Can't get over Dracula eating a burger and stating that a certain someone's holy powers "WAS AWESOME!"

Terrible Writing can sometimes bring in joy in just how people act, and this is one of those.

I am very tempted to make a SOTN joke right now.

cajunator

Banned
I also went and updated the Anime OT list I made with the past couple of seasons included. I might have missed some as I'm not aware of what all the different shows were to get an OT this season or maybe a more recent movie got an OT or something , so I just tried to put down the ones I could think of.

---

Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann OT
School Days OT (Show originally aired in 2007 but OT was created in 2013)

K-On! OT (Show originally aired in 2009 but OT was created in 2012)
K-On!! OT (K-On! OT2)

Demon Maiden Zakuro(Otome Yokai Zakuro) OT
OreImo OT
Panty & Stocking OT

Winter
Is this a Zombie?(Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?) OT
Wandering Son(Hourou Musuko) OT
Madoka Magica OT

Spring
Deadman Wonderland OT
Dog Days OT
Toriko OT
Hanasaku Iroha OT
Steins;Gate OT

Summer
Mawaru Penguindrum OT
The Idolm@ster TV OT

Fall
Fate/Zero OT
Fairy Tail OT
Future Diary(Mirai Nikki) OT
New Hunter x Hunter OT
Persona 4: The Animation OT
Sket Dance OT

Spring
Eureka Seven Astral Ocean OT
Hyouka OT
Kids on the Slope(Sakamichi no Apollon) OT
Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine OT
Saint Seiya Omega OT
Space Brothers OT
Tsuritama OT
Zetman OT

Fall
From the New World(Shin Sekai Yori) OT
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OT (2012 Show)
Little Busters! OT
Psycho-Pass OT
Sword Art Online OT

Winter
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OT (Series Community Thread)

Spring
Attack on Titan(Shingeki no Kyoujin) OT
Date A Live OT
Devil Survivor 2 The Animation OT
The Flowers of Evil(Aku no Hana) OT
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet OT
Majestic Prince OT
OreImo Season 2 OT
Valvrave the Liberator OT

Summer
Free! OT
Gatchaman Crowds OT
Rozen Maiden Zuruckspulen OT
The Eccentric Family (Uchoten Kazoku) OT

Fall
Gundam Build Fighters OT
Galilei Donna OT
Kill la Kill OT
Kyousogiga TV OT

Specials

Little Witch Academia OT

Movies

Angel's Egg(Tenshi no Tamago) OT
Evangelion 3.0 OT (Careful, may contain spoilers)
Hells Angels OT
Wolf Children Ame and Yuki(Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki) OT
Resident Evil Damnation OT
Studio Ghibli Film OT

Appreciate you doing this.

I too picked up Vandread during RightStuf's sale, but it won't probably be in until Monday.

In terms of Nadesico, should I watch the sub or dub? I am not sure if I could handle listening to another Shinji or Rolo if it comes down to watching the dub.

Just stick with the sub. the dub isnt one of those amazingly bad ones, its just kind of there.

Yusibu 9
Fino was really cute in this episode, much more than usual. Ending was interesting

But...she's already super cute in every episode. how much cuter can she be?

Rewatched Whisper of the Heart. The little love polygon drama that happens with Shizuku's school friends seemed superfluous this time around, but otherwise it's just as good as I remembered it. The development of the relationship between Shizuku and Seiji is realistic and touching, and it captures that feeling of trying to figure out what you're going to do with your life perfectly. As an artist, it's an especially inspiring film. I find the metaphor of a geode - a seemingly dull rock which conceals gems within gems that have to be carefully and painstakingly teased out - as symbolizing the hard work necessary to refine talent very meaningful. And it's very beautiful, especially Naohisa Inoue's art for the fantasy sequences.

Knowing that Yoshifumi Kondo died without getting the chance to further refine his own talent lends a bittersweet quality to the film in retrospect.

It even did that!

If that makes it more enticing, the anime makes it VERY hard not to considering it even uses SOTN lines. (or is it the other way round since it's a 1983 dub)

Well. My mind has been blown.

Eureka 7 - 4

This is like the most laid back mecha crew I've ever seen. So far anyway.

I'm have to resist the urge to sing "Jibuun wooo" every time I hear the opening. Gotta love Flow.

Of course our main protagonist Renton is this odd one out in the beginning. Ah, he'll pierce the heavens soon enough.

So she calls them her kids, but they're not actually her kids. All right then. Her story should be interesting.

Oreimo Episode 4-12: 'This anime can't be this good'

This was something that AnimeGAF, in a roundabout way, recommended me way back in one of the Winter Anime threads (I was posting in here a lot more often!) but then I stopped watching it after 3 episodes. No idea why though because I actually liked it a lot back then, I then decided to watch it from where I left off a few days ago.

The first thing that hit me was that opening, it's such a nice song to listen to (IIRC it was the main reason why I wanted to watch it in the first place, I liked the music that ClariS did in Madoka and Moyashimon Returns so I thought I'd watch this too).

The relationship between Kirino and Kyousuke was really well done, I liked how unpredictable Kirino was, one minute she's all friendly to Kyousuke the next minute she's slapping him round the face. All the while Kyousuke just did stuff for her despite him hating her guts. As the series continued, he started to get why he was starting to help his sister so much, it was quite heartwarming to watch! In Ep 12
I couldn't believe it when Kirino said she was going to go to America. Just when Kyousuke was starting to get to know her better she was going to leave him. Very happy to see that there will be more life counselling in the future!

I quite like Saori, one because her 'otaku' name is referencing Quattro Bajeena from Gundam Zeta and two because
she's so mysterious in her non 'otaku' self. We don't see her face fully like that, but she does act a lot differently and I'm hoping that get explains in Season 2

I'd recommend this to pretty much anybody really. It's been a pleasure to watch it and I'll be watching Season 2 soon!

Muv luv alternative - 09

Just like with the gundam X , sometimes, you just need a BIG BIG GUN to be cool.
( zone of the enders also follow that same principle )
Muv-Luv%20Alternative_%20Total%20Eclipse%20-%2009.jpg
USSR is a big mess ... first we have the twins , that seems to be brainwashed, modified or something ( it's obvious that the dominant one is not cryska ) , then you have this kind of pride that is just stupid when humanity is under peril ...

Seriously i think the only anime where humanity trully worked together from start to finish when faced with destruction was "stelvia of the universe". In all the others anime , there is ALWAYS some big shot that think that he doesn't need to play by the rules. Politics , really ? at this stage ?

Sigh*

I'd recommend this to pretty much anybody really. It's been a pleasure to watch it and I'll be watching Season 2 soon!

Just watch ep 12 true end , and then the first season oavs.

Then you can watch season 2 and fall into despair.

you're all wrong; it's Yami episodes 12-13.

Fucking pancakes!

This was something that AnimeGAF, in a roundabout way, recommended me way back in one of the Winter Anime threads (I was posting in here a lot more often!) but then I stopped watching it after 3 episodes. No idea why though because I actually liked it a lot back then, I then decided to watch it from where I left off a few days ago.

The first thing that hit me was that opening, it's such a nice song to listen to (IIRC it was the main reason why I wanted to watch it in the first place, I liked the music that ClariS did in Madoka and Moyashimon Returns so I thought I'd watch this too).

The relationship between Kirino and Kyousuke was really well done, I liked how unpredictable Kirino was, one minute she's all friendly to Kyousuke the next minute she's slapping him round the face. All the while Kyousuke just did stuff for her despite him hating her guts. As the series continued, he started to get why he was starting to help his sister so much, it was quite heartwarming to watch! In Ep 12
I couldn't believe it when Kirino said she was going to go to America. Just when Kyousuke was starting to get to know her better she was going to leave him. Very happy to see that there will be more life counselling in the future!

I quite like Saori, one because her 'otaku' name is referencing Quattro Bajeena from Gundam Zeta and two because
she's so mysterious in her non 'otaku' self. We don't see her face fully like that, but she does act a lot differently and I'm hoping that get explains in Season 2

Oh

Oh

Oooh

Ohhh....

Just... just don't watch Season 2. It wasn't part of the deal.

Also there's some additional episodes for Season 1, be sure to watch those.

For your own sake, just skip the second season.

Dracula: Emperor of Darkness

I love this one! I watched it as part of Chip Cheezum's Anime Theater a while back. The dog searching for Dracula was the most hilarious thing thing.

Just watch ep 12 true end , and then the first season oavs.

Then you can watch season 2 and fall into despair.

Oh

Oh

Oooh

Ohhh....

Just... just don't watch Season 2. It wasn't part of the deal.

Also there's some additional episodes for Season 1, be sure to watch those.

For your own sake, just skip the second season.

About to start the OVAs now actually. Also, yes back then Season 2 wasn't part of the deal (it wasn't out yet) although the comments on Season 2 are getting me curious on what goes on now.

I love this one! I watched it as part of Chip Cheezum's Anime Theater a while back. The dog searching for Dracula was the most hilarious thing thing.

About to start the OVAs now actually. Also, yes back then Season 2 wasn't part of the deal (it wasn't out yet) although the comments on Season 2 are getting me curious on what goes on now.

GOD DAMN IT! Why did I forget one of the fundamental principles of Anime. telling people something is bad WILL not stop them from watching something.

jediyoshi

Scanning through the kyoani event tweets

Looks like new tamako and highspeed LNs coming

This is only a good idea if you're looking to actively dislike the show and then retroactively dislike the first season as a result :|

GOD DAMN IT! Why did I forget one of the fundamental principles of Anime. telling people something is bad WILL not stop them from watching something.

You need to master this skill , so you can trick people to watch good things by telling them it's bad

------------------------
Muv luv total eclispe - 10

hum kudos to the main character that is learning , it's intresting because he has the same global attitude and still the same issues , but the subtles changes are welcomed.

As for the russian commander , i have to admit that i didn't see this turn of events , unfortunatly , her inner monologue only screamed "DEATH FLAGS" to me.

That briefing scene was kinda weird i do understand that our heroine has some legitimate problems BUT the joint between the manufacturer and the rusian guy was not good news.

Well this ended on a cliffanger, gotta see the next episode then !:

That principle holds especially true with me!

This is only a good idea if you're looking to actively dislike the show and then retroactively dislike the first season as a result :|

I hope not. Although to be fair Gundam AGE and SEED Destiny didn't make me retroactively hate all the other Gundam series I've watched, so I should be alright.

Jarmel

Banned
Shin Mazinger Z 11

Jeez, I mean, this episode was awesome and all, but it is sort of hard to feel like Kouji is tense about finding a way to save Sayaka and defeat Asura when Sayaka hasn't really got any manner of relationship to Kouji at all. We barely know this girl.

It's called thinking with your dick.

That's like the only reason I can think of. Kouji and Sayaka are really not developed well at all in the series.

Takemoto just finished speaking, let slip talk of a Tamako film
https://twitter.com/katsube/status/406615794110709760

OXcGpHu.gif

dat Free money at work

Jesus Christ, that better not be all that we're getting out of this. I've only seen, and hated, the first season of K-On and even I know a third season of that would be a better endeavor than Tamako Market.

jgminto

I'd rather they not waste their time on more Tamako Market related stuff...is what I would say if their current output was any better. They should just stick with Free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom