• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Real life Edison was an asshole and stole credit for some of his work. That's why his deification in Laws of Eternity is hilarious.
Oh that's what you were getting at. I was wondering when they were gonna bring up all those cats he stole and publicly shocked. Alas, never came up.

What realm do you think Robert Oppenheimer is in?

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - 16

More backstory! Whoo!

So apparently this is the next time loop but instead it was restarted a great deal of time before the previous arcs, right at the start of the dam wars. Hanyu/Rika interaction confirms this plus Hanyu shouldn't have any knowledge of 'Miyo's will' otherwise.

Regarding Hinamizawa Syndrome is the 'war' everyone talks about World War 2? And with Satoshi, did he succumb and die to the disease after he left the village, and why did he leave the village?

It also seems that in this time loop only Hanyu and Rika are the ones who retained their memories. Really glad this was the case instead of everyone remembering, I wonder how Rika will explain to everybody again what's actually happening. Also the OP really hints at a physical version of Hanyu. Wonder if that will actually happen in the anime or if its just light fanservice? Dunno.

Syrinx

One thing that was funny was how Hitler told Nietzsche not to waste time trying to use words to brainwash them. Hitler was rather fond of that technique.

Kyon

Banned
Hello! Theres nothing this season in magical girl genre unfortunately. did you see Daybreak Illusion from last season?

Yes I kept up after Free! I dropped Prism Illya tho... and Fantasista Doll.

I hope precure makes a return. Happiness Charge looks iconic and I have only seen the title image. I'm not feeling DokiDoki at all.

EdIT: OMG I missed the 3rd Madoka movie? I've been waiting forever for the new story ;_;

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - 17

More backstory and questions answered!

Welp looks like Miyo was also responsible for the deaths of Rika's parents. Understand a bit better of her motivation as she's more of a 'hardcore' scientist who doesn't give a fuck about morals deviantly evolved from seeking revenge upon those who doubted her late adopted grandfather.

Satako killing her parents wasn't that much of a surprise and was hinted during her freakout at the last arc where Rika explained everything.

As for the ending, I thought all the players were already revealed but it seems another one is revealed and it allied with Miyo. Wonder what she exactly offers as the Yamainu seem plenty enough for Miyo to work with.

RERjry1.jpg
lRo5iOS.jpg

White Album 2 2

Opening: Fine.
Ending: Better than the OP.

Surprise Surprise

The Pianist turns out to be Touma. Who (for whatever reason) had her face hidden until the very end, even though she was already shown in the beginning.

+1 Setsuna for wearing the glasses. Not a big fan of pigtails though. Seems she's still hiding some secrets, if the whole pictures on the wall is any indication.

I liked how observant Haruki seems but I thought he was supposed to be a smart guy? Really have to question his logic of going outside the window, when he could have just waited for Touma to come out.

Dynedom

Whoa, is that the antagonist from the OADs? The wonders of conversion by force.

The harem power of Akina is strong.

Now, is this a "you should watch it simply because they're skipping over it" or a "you should watch it otherwise you're going to be confused as fuck with the next episode" type of comment?

You should watch it because the arc is good. As far as confusion goes, I don't think it would be a huge deal. Still, its a big part of the canon.

Gazoinks

Sayonra Zetsubou Sensei 07
dJqJUVVl.jpg

That's one way to save budget

Still pretty funny, but one of the weaker episodes, mainly because the second half was too repetitive. The first half was good though, and the second wasn't bad or anything. I love how condescending everyone is to Nami because she's normal.

The secret of the fifth koma was great.

Jarmel

Banned
Well, that's something at least. Hopefully it will be something where the story isn't completely terrible.

I'm not going to hope for another Hyouka, but something with at least a solid story would be nice. I don't want to see Takemoto's talents wasted.

Depends on Gatoh really.

Higruashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - 18

More backstory, however it almost over!

Nice episode explaining things further especially regarding Satoshi. I assume he either died or was dissected once brought into the clinic, hopefully next episode will clear things up regarding that. Hanyu was bit of a mystery here, she first appeared to Rena as spirit form then with Rika to Keichii's dad as physical form. Who/what the hell is Hanyu and how does she do this?!

Speaking of Rena, it was awesome seeing best character get some screentime this episode. And it looks like Miyo had no relation to the death of Satoshi's aunt here, though it was already stated back in the previous season.

Hunter x Hunter:

How different is the chimera ant arc in the new anime from the manga?

The anime isn't made up of scribbles for one.

Outside of one minor instance of censorship in a scene, it's been pretty damn faithful and has elevated it quite a bit in my opinion.

Now, is this a "you should watch it simply because they're skipping over it" or a "you should watch it otherwise you're going to be confused as fuck with the next episode" type of comment?

If you watched the post-credits scene of ep 8, then the latter.

Super YoYo 16-18

JOHTO Gs COMING FROM THE WEST YO DIGGITY

A boy and his yoyo finally became one after clearing his thoughts of dead-on-the-inside-sister-moe, and thus finally made his soul mate become not bored. A boy and his yoyo cannot think of anything but each other to truly excel at being a spinner. Even busted elbows mean jackshit in the name of love

Also the world is ahead of them.

May the Moe is still here! swooooon~

Started Macross Frontier. I don't know if I can watch the older ones personally. This ones purty and I'm part of the "Action series needs to be amazing animation" generation. I'll give impressions.

wonzo

Banned
Super Yoyo 16-18

superyoyo17.jpg
superyoyo18.jpg

Yoyo's, scientifically proven™ to make crippled children walk again. You couldn't make this shit up if you tried folks.

Articalys

Apparently the official title for the new Chu2 season is "Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Koi" apparently.
As it turns out they got tricky with the kanji for this -- 中二病でも恋がしたい!戀, with the final kanji also meaning love but in this case using the alternate reading "ren", probably to avoid how silly it would be having two "koi"s in the title.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yamato 2199 16

Wouldn't you need a whole fleet of warp-capable ships to move the remaining human population? I didn't get the sense that Earth had that kind of construction ability.

That's quite a tone shift between the tense mutiny and the goofy monster chase scene on the surface.

Sweet huracanrana from Akira! That's definitely deserving of some applause.

The end of the mutiny was kind of pathetic. They got Die Harded a little and just fell apart.

All I can say is keep watching!

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - 19

And here is where the final arc really starts!

So Hanyu is the god of Hinamizawa. Is this literal or is she actually the spirit of Oyashiro from ancient times? Rika forgetting what happened and Hanyu being the one to remember is a bit of a surprise but refreshing, pleased to see how this will execute out.

Riku telling her friends via the hypothetical story of manga-creating is smart, wonde when she will actually spill the beans and say that it was all true.

As for the end, looks like Miyo's newfound ally's goal is to use Miyo to double-cross one of the only people to support her cause/research, interesting stuff.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Gingitsune episode 4
Show is better without the boy bringing the angst, BUT, that OST is breathtaking.

Pooya

more Tamako is ok with me, it was watchable for the most part, unlike whatever else they've made since after Hyouka...

.... I've watched them all >.<

ranking...

tamako > poop > knk > chuu2 > free

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So onto Nisemonogatari it is.

Try your best to find someway to watch those last 3 episodes, they were aired online so im sure some legal site or whatever would let you watch it, after that, you could watch nisemonogatari, but if your going in the order that they aired, it would be after nise

sonicmj1

Utena Episode 7 Unfulfilled Jury

For a series tagged shoujo ai there isnt alot of shoujo ai going on, not that Im complaining. Unfortunately this Jury focused episode felt pretty pointless. Somehow even the random zoo discussion mid episode (I dont even understand why it was there or what it was even doing, doves, etc, what even?) was more interesting than the random and awkward purpose to fight Utena. Miki and everyone elses reasons for fighting was just more powerful and intriguing than Jury's, its her fault for not being able to see the red string behind here as they were communicating or not being mindful that her eyes were being covered as the other two were carrying out their relationship, so why should Utena be at fault here and how would the powers of the rose bride even assist her in her endeavor. Easily just a bafflingly done episode EOD.

Utena shouldn't really be tagged "shoujo ai", but it's amusing that you bring this up in the first episode with some actual yuri feelings in it.

It's okay, I didn't get it on first viewing too.

jgminto

more Tamako is ok with me, it was watchable for the most part, unlike whatever else they've made since after Hyouka...

.... I've watched them all >.<

ranking...

tamako > poop > knk > chuu2 > free

Free was a lot better than the other two. I'd say better than Tamako too.

Gazoinks

Utena shouldn't really be tagged "shoujo ai", but it's amusing that you bring this up in the first episode with some actual yuri feelings in it.

It's okay, I didn't get it on first viewing too.

On the other hand, this episode was the one that confirmed Juri/y as one of my favorite characters in the show. I found her an interestingly conflicted character, although it's definitely expanded on in future episodes.

And yeah, Utena probably shouldn't be tagged as shoujo ai. The movie, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom