• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outbreak Company 9
Amazing swimsuit episode. Loved the swimsuit council especially the school swimsuit guy. Miusel was adorable in her swimsuit. Good thing that it was just those soldiers being peeping tom's and not something more dangerous. Petraca looks much better in her swimsuit than the other ones the others suggested. Also, good pseudo 4th wall breaking

Utena Episode 7 Unfulfilled Jury

For a series tagged shoujo ai there isnt alot of shoujo ai going on, not that Im complaining. Unfortunately this Jury focused episode felt pretty pointless. Somehow even the random zoo discussion mid episode (I dont even understand why it was there or what it was even doing, doves, etc, what even?) was more interesting than the random and awkward purpose to fight Utena. Miki and everyone elses reasons for fighting was just more powerful and intriguing than Jury's, its her fault for not being able to see the red string behind here as they were communicating or not being mindful that her eyes were being covered as the other two were carrying out their relationship, so why should Utena be at fault here and how would the powers of the rose bride even assist her in her endeavor. Easily just a bafflingly done episode EOD.

Andrew J.

Tamako Market is a well-executed, inoffensive slice-of-life show. More of it might not be something to be super excited about, but to complain of it is just churlish.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tamako Market is a well-executed, inoffensive slice-of-life show. More of it might not be something to be super excited about, but to complain of it is just churlish.
I dunno about inoffensive. There is some pretty heavy racial stereotyping.
And bad plot.

Muv Luv alternative total eclipse - 11

I was actually taking screenshot of the russian dude plan because from the start it was obvious it would be CRAP but hey it was crappy on purpose !

That most of the people in charge of thinking picked it up was cool because it least it proves that they aren't idiots after all... Same of the self destruct code being blocked. Evil move but , very effective.

Do the japanese creators have something aginst russians or something ? So many mecha show are making them evil ( infinite stratos doesn't count ) ... i should check my history books.

Takamura, that bluff was good thinking , kudos.

Wait !! it ended on another cliffanger !
i guess i have to wtach next episode then .

Hajime no Ippo Rising 8

I've created History's Greatest Monster!

AND MOTHERFUCKING VOLG/VORG/WHATEVER

Did I mention the OST isn't good already?

Joe Molotov

no, it's G Gundam!!

Are you sure it's not Gundam 00?

S7pK513.gif

jman2050

As if you all needed more confirmation that KyoAni is perfectly content to just continue its never-ending cycle of incestuously peddling its proprietary LN crap because $$$$

Muv-Luv Alternative - 12

Rule 1 : even if you think you're in a helpless situation , NEVER try to go for a woman ( or try to impress her ), the only exception to this rule is if you're doing each time as part of a joke.
It's nothing but a death flag otherwise.

Rule 2 : the heroine cannot die when you have more than half episode left. this isn't gundam age after all.

Anyway , our heroine is quickly falling for our hero.It works i suppose.

Another cliffanger ? Next episode then.

Jarmel

Banned
So I'm browsing ultimatemegax's twitter photos and I'm seeing some translated behind the scenes images from FMP 2nd Raid, anyone know where those images are from? Are they on the USA DVDs/Blurays? Looks like a good watch.

Articalys

So I'm browsing ultimatemegax's twitter photos and I'm seeing some translated behind the scenes images from FMP 2nd Raid, anyone know where those images are from? Are they on the USA DVDs/Blurays? Looks like a good watch.
Glancing over product listings, it seems they're from the "Location Scouting in Hong Kong" bonus feature on Funimation's FMP:TSR BD/DVD.

If there's one thing I'm liking about the Super Sonico anime designs, is that most of the characters do look very different. One of the girls hobbies confuse me though. Her hobby is heating?

...what the heck is heating? Is that a real hobby?

Muv Luv alternative - 13
Muv-Luv%20Alternative_%20Total%20Eclipse%20-%2013.jpg

want to punch.jpg

i hate politics in my mecha , unless it's the hero doing something awesome.
When it's just some corrput asshole trying to hide his mess , i'm kinda angry.

Our hero really tried to avoid a death flag but he sure went into a complicated situation.

So let's see after ANOTHER CLIFFANGER

we have.
* our hero in his mecha without weapons, without propulsion , without fuel damaged all around

* Betas all arounds in all kind of sizes

* the sacrifical lambs of the russian

* several bombers that will decimate everything.

In short we have : A mess

Congrats !

Andrew J.

Yamato 2199 15

Full-on exterminatus just for an uprising? You know you're an asshole when the Imperium of Man would consider your actions extreme.

Uh-oh.
Niimi's hair has better animation. That means the show's telling us she's trying to be seductive.

Man, everyone's got internal problems this episode, don't they?

That was awfully convenient, but I suppose the Yamato is entitled to at least one completely gratuitous lucky break.

Muv Luv alternative - 14

Finally an episode that doesn't end on a cliffanger !
i'm not even sure if the true antagonists are the BETA or the russians this arc made them look like 300% assholes...

What about the new core unit ? was it left there ? why does the core unit attract the BETA ?
The whole sentence end reek of malice ...if the BETA with lasers were wiped, this means that the zhar group killed them , so they should have survivors .
If they aren't that mean they were killed afterwards.

The unknow unit is nothing but trouble too , if such units are in place ( or ready for deployment ), why aren't they used to fight back against the BETA ?

Well this arc is over ..... i can go to sleep now

CorvoSol

It's called thinking with your dick.

That's like the only reason I can think of. Kouji and Sayaka are really not developed well at all in the series.

On the one hand, sure. On the other hand, Kouji seems to be the only guy not motivated by his dick so far in the series. It's all about REVENGE for him. But I'll go for it. I mean girl wears that skin-tight flight suit all the time and stuff.

Are you sure it's not Gundam 00?

S7pK513.gif

In Setsuna's defense (wow, where am I in life that I'm defending Setsuna Fucking-hate-this-guy Seiei?), Tieria is saying the name of a computer system. At least Gundams have bodies.

Gazoinks

Clannad 15

Oh hey Sunohara actually got to be serious. Briefly. Then it was resolved or something? Looks like he might have a mini-arc ahead.

"Nishina was in an accident!" Of course she was.

Definitely a plot twist: This is the school where they put all the kids with ridiculous trauma so society can ignore them.

Still kinda bored, hope it picks up again soon. I find most of the central characters pretty dull, honestly. I liked the Fuko arc, and I like Kyou... Tomoya and Sunohara are alright. Other than that everyone's kinda boring so far (yeah I don't like Nagisa that much >.>). Oh and Nagisa's family are the best, obviously.

PLEASE stop bringing Fuko back for no reason. It is retroactively butchering the impact of her ending.

Andrew J.

Yamato 2199 16

Wouldn't you need a whole fleet of warp-capable ships to move the remaining human population? I didn't get the sense that Earth had that kind of construction ability.

That's quite a tone shift between the tense mutiny and the goofy monster chase scene on the surface.

Sweet huracanrana from Akira! That's definitely deserving of some applause.

The end of the mutiny was kind of pathetic. They got Die Harded a little and just fell apart.

Syrinx

The Laws of Eternity

I'm honestly not sure this belongs on the "list", as anything that has Demon Hitler unleashing a behemoth on people as Demon Nietzsche was unable to brainwash them into becoming denizens of hell is legitimately amazing.

Also I'm pretty sure that El Cantare has been reborn on Earth to grace us all with a new era of civilization and to bring mankind to a higher realm. His name is Mike Glennon.

All hail Glennon.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The Laws of Eternity

I'm honestly not sure this belongs on the "list", as anything that has Demon Hitler unleashing a behemoth on people as Demon Nietzsche was unable to brainwash them into becoming denizens of hell is legitimately amazing.

Also I'm pretty sure that El Cantare has been reborn on Earth to grace us all with a new era of civilization and to bring mankind to a higher realm. His name is Mike Glennon.

All hail Glennon.
You DO know who Edison was, right?

Regardless, the dub of Rebirth of Buddha is next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom