• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

USIGSJ

Log Horizon 9

loghorizon2iue2d.jpg

niroo2iy3.gif

Jarmel

Banned
Oreimo 12-15 True Route

For the most part Ep 12 True End was pretty much the same. It did introduce some of the key themes of next few episodes which would be. I liked the fact that this time that
in Kyousuke's head this time it picked the other option which I thought was a nice touch on how this is an alternate ending

13/14 were pretty good too. The KyousukexKuroneko pairing was slowly gaining traction as time went on. The game creation part with Kuroneko and Sena was great with the rivalry they had going on.

15 was my favourite of the lot. The lengths Kyousuke would go to
see Kirino again was amazing. Going all the way to America to get her back to fill his loneliness he had while she was away. It was hinted at earlier when Kyousuke was Akagi that there would be a time when siblings would no longer be together and that he had to deal with it, when in fact, he was having trouble dealing with Kirino leaving him.

Definately enjoyed this extra little bit of Season 1. Now onto Season 2!

Little Busters Refrain Episode 9

Well that was nice explanation for things going on to finally clear a few things up definitively. The Masato Kyousuke scene was probably the most well done part of the episode, just the emotions coming through from both sides and going over all things.
Still though how did Kyousuke tap into the power of the world to use tricks but not anyone else?

Strike the Blood 9

The romance is starting to become rather annoying and way too like every other series out there. Clueless Kujou, Yaze pointing it out even, and even the girls knowing this, truly nothing new under the sun. Why cant they just advance the plot with the "beloved Fourth progenitor" just to throw everyone for a loop.

Oh well, angel plotline looks like it may bring things back to a high level. Looking forward to it.

Log Horizon Episode 9

The talks at the round table felt dull and kind of pointless
considering he aleady owns the bank and guild building

However the Tohya stuff was the best part
finally excellent action and magical attacks again and even some pretty barriers, really hot stuff when they do the action here

It reminds me still of all the faults that Maouyuu had, when the action is there its really amazing, but often it is just never around.

Strike Witches 01

Been a rough and busy few days. not much time to watch anything. Anyway I finally started the show. Nobody wears the pants in this anime heehee.
Seems like a show absolutely perfect for Zach, with ample fun, and butts and fuwa fuwa for sheer audacious hell of it. My kind of show. Surprised to see hand drawn cars, but there plenty of CG ships and set pieces to offset it. Too early to rank witches yet, though Sanya is the cutest one imo.

You've done all kinds of good!

Try your best to find someway to watch those last 3 episodes, they were aired online so im sure some legal site or whatever would let you watch it, after that, you could watch nisemonogatari, but if your going in the order that they aired, it would be after nise

In terms of finding episodes 13-15 of Bakemonogatari for free legal streaming, I came up with nothing. Crunchyroll, Hulu, Aniplex channel, and Daisuki all only streamed up to episode 12.

I tend to use this link from Fandom Post when trying to locate legal streams of otherwise non-simulcast shows (This is only for the U.S. that I can tell). I may have missed an entry for those three episodes, but if a person wants to legally support the show he/she would need to purchase Aniplex's Blu-ray set. Who knows, maybe RightStuf will put this and Nisemonogatari on sale this December during their big sale.

Theonik

Marie & Gali 09-20
iMnemMVgTf7aS.png
ivU5vKerqlZFN.png

Androgynous mecha Darwin and asshole brat Edison
This anime remains as entertaining as I remembered. The last few episodes added a ton of new characters too (or rather properly introduced them) and I 20 even went Gunbuster on us. Amazing.

8/10 umakoshis.

Articalys

アナと雪の女王

Huh. This must be how girls feel about the Elric brothers.
For anyone wondering, this is the new Disney movie Frozen.
I still think posting these in this thread is stupid and annoying as fuck, but as I'm apparently the only person remaining who thinks so, I suppose I'm fighting a losing battle here.

I will begrudgingly give you credit for actually looking up the title for the movie's release in Japan, though.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 09

Haha, Villain in Glasses indeed. Shiroe is quickly becoming my favorite protagonist of the season. Although that's not as tight a competition as I wish it was.

*Shwing*

Log Horizon 09

I fucking love Shiroe. He hasn't done shit besides be a fucking genius. USE DAT ENGINEERING BRAIN, SON!

God I want to read the LN's. If I had any doubts before, now I don't. This is the show for me this season. I'll reiterate that the pacing is absolutely breathtaking on how good it is. I was again cursing that the episode was over. And having to wait a week to find out more is killing me yo :'(

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 09

I fucking love Shiroe. He hasn't done shit besides be a fucking genius. USE DAT ENGINEERING BRAIN, SON!

God I want to read the LN's. If I had any doubts before, now I don't. This is the show for me this season. I'll reiterate that the pacing is absolutely breathtaking on how good it is. I was again cursing that the episode was over. And having to wait a week to find out more is killing me yo :'(

Yeah, I love how badass Shiroe manages to be despite spending the last five or so episodes standing around talking. This show's really grown on me a lot. I liked it at first, but it seemed like basically slightly dumb fun. It's become surprisingly sharp and smart with this arc though, and the pacing's great as you said.

Yeah, I love how badass Shiroe manages to be despite spending the last five or so episodes standing around talking. This show's really grown on me a lot. I liked it at first, but it seemed like basically slightly dumb fun. It's become surprisingly sharp and smart with this arc though, and the pacing's great as you said.

From what I hear the author is the same as the one that did the show about the giant tits demon lord and the hero a season or two ago. Where it also had a lot of economics and strategy talk. The fault with that show was that the characters weren't as great as in here. So that's why I'm not surprised it's doing as well as it is with just talking segments.

I just want to see Shiroe's brain keep working. Here's a guy who is famous in this world as a genius strategist and he has not disappointed. I'm liking him more than the previous shows with 'villanous' genius strategists such as Death Note and Code Geass. Mainly because I couldn't stand the leads in those shows and was rooting for someone else the whole time.

Gazoinks

From what I hear the author is the same as the one that did the show about the giant tits demon lord and the hero a season or two ago. Where it also had a lot of economics and strategy talk. The fault with that show was that the characters weren't as great as in here. So that's why I'm not surprised it's doing as well as it is with just talking segments.

I just want to see Shiroe's brain keep working. Here's a guy who is famous in this world as a genius strategist and he has not disappointed.

The LNs aren't available in English, are they? I'd love to check them out also.

Yeah, at this point I'm kind of dreading when/if the show goes back to adventuring, because I've been enjoying the economics more!

cnet128

Banned
Don't know about the LN's honestly.

But I won't mind when it goes back to adventuring as then it means we get to see his strategy thinking in combat. Previous battles didn't use much of his brain besides the one when they first had Nyanta helping. Dat unspoken teamwork.

Bombless

Ah man, can't wait to get off work so I can watch the latest Log Horizon. Having to dodge all these impressions posts is driving me crazy!

Gazoinks

Don't know about the LN's honestly.

But I won't mind when it goes back to adventuring as then it means we get to see his strategy thinking in combat. Previous battles didn't use much of his brain besides the one when they first had Nyanta helping. Dat unspoken teamwork.

That's true. The last couple of battles were cool, especially the first, but they all felt kinda like trivial encounters. Hope we encounter someone who's a real challenge for Shiroe so we can have an awesome strategy battle.

Andrew J.

Yamato 2199 17

It's nice getting some straightforward answers about the navigation system and Yuki's past, but I'd rather see more focus on
Garmilas and Norio Wakamoto's coup attempt.

Should have brought the robot along.

Aha, Sanada, you clever motherfucker. It's not polite giving your comrades (and the audience!) a scare like that.

If Yurisha had explained herself earlier she probably could have gotten more people to listen to what she has to say.

My understanding of anime seasons is that they're basically three months each. Winter January-March, Spring April-June, Summer July-September, and Autumn October-December.

In other words, yes.

Thanks.

Just gathering info, because from the look of things, I might end up having to do the Winter OT instead of a third Fall OT.

That's true. The last couple of battles were cool, especially the first, but they all felt kinda like trivial encounters. Hope we encounter someone who's a real challenge for Shiroe so we can have an awesome strategy battle.

Oh yeah, none of the battles have been a struggle for him, but that's because I genuinely think he hasn't fought a strong power yet. I'm assuming that the
black knight folks in the meeting
will end up becoming antagonists pretty soon. And the explanation of them already pegged them as guys who are quality instead of quantity so I wouldn't be surprised if that's a major story arc or battle. I'm gonna assume that chances are other guilds from either another city or another country (Crossing my fingers for a cowboy themed american guild with engrish) will come to attack.

Gazoinks

White Album 2 09

This show really does feel like it peaked at episode 7. Since then it feels like it's kinda lacking direction, and I'm finding Kazusa and Haruki a bit less likable.

Called Kazusa's mom showing up though.

(Crossing my fingers for a cowboy themed american guild with engrish)
This had better happen.

Man I'm probably not gonna watch White Album 2 till tonight so hopefully it isn't as you say for me and that the shark has been kept at sea-level with a barrier in its vicinity.

My fears for Golden Time going where I was fearing it was going to go have been calmed down by fellow GAFer spoilers, even if the ghost busters storyline is stupid it won't detract from Koko.

White Album 2 on the other hand started out as such a calm slice of life but yeah, episode 8 was boring as shit.

Gazoinks

Man I'm probably not gonna watch White Album 2 till tonight so hopefully it isn't as you say for me and that the shark has been kept at sea-level with a barrier in its vicinity.

My fears for Golden Time going where I was fearing it was going to go have been calmed down by fellow GAFer spoilers, even if the ghost busters storyline is stupid it won't detract from Koko.

White Album 2 on the other hand started out as such a calm slice of life but yeah, episode 8 was boring as shit.

I wouldn't say WA2 really jumped the shark so much as it is just lacking direction. A big part of why the show worked for me was that it always had that end goal of the fair to pull the characters towards, but now it... doesn't. Everyone's just kind of floating around. Which, ironically, does suit the pre-graduation feel they're going for, but it still needs something.

Andrew J.

Yamato 2199 18

The crew seems to be taking this ghostly possession in stride.

For a second I thought Rei had just gotten bored by Shinohara's story and fucked off.

This recon subplot feels pretty rushed. I think the writers originally planned a tense, drawn-out scene where Shinohara got back just before the ship started to leave but had to cut it for time.

That battle was the hypest shit. The fighting, and the reveals, and using the WMG to propel the ship backwards and blow up the enemy core and fleet at the same time...So. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom