• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

Ok so im not a big anime guy. Maybe watched one or two series...

I just found about about cruncyroll and just watched first ep of Attack of Titan cus I heard how good it was.

This is like the YouTube of anime! Wowowow

wonzo

Banned
Lil' Gargantia 10-14 END

gargantiapetit14csbcu.jpg

I'd watch this and all the other "sequel" suggestions like "Garg-an!" & "Space Battle **** Gargantia!"

Gazoinks

Clannad 16

This show hasn't fully held my interest since the end of the Fuko arc. They didn't spend much time in the last episode getting me involved in the drama, so I actually forgot why there was a basketball game for most of this episode.

Show about Akio and Sanae plz.

7Th

Ryuuko is still in her pre-episode 11 state; they're just building up to the moment in which she realizes that there is more than just "the truth" at stake.

Kirby: Oh yeah, Momoko is more of a key lime green than yellow anyway.

Momoko always looked yellow to me.

cnet128

Banned
Then why are we going over semantics?

Ah, if only Cures followed a simple colour-coded naming scheme like sentai heroes, then we wouldn't have any of this trouble.

...Come to think of it, Precure itself started out neatly colour-coded, with Cure Black and Cure White. Where did it all go wrong?! =p

Narag

Galactic Gale Baxinger 1

gZXKQAEl.png

Would waifu.

pPAQlrxl.png

Everyone's a boss in this again.

Aw shit, time for some J9 Cosmoranger action. Some nice callbacks to the Braiger in this, similar if not the same music and lots of returning VAs. Here's hoping it leans heavier on the sci-fi action side and less on the giant robot stuff because that was the biggest weakness of the first J9 series.

It looks to have inherited the whole OP looking better than the show itself disease of the first show too!

Strike the Blood 9
Pretty boring episode. The harem members' advances are growing stronger yet Kojou still as oblivious as ever. Yukina was cute adoring cats as was Asagi though more in general

We're bored?

I guess. GoGo isn't actually making it better. I'm still fairly bored with it.

Still amazed at how Smile is the exact opposite of Yes! 5 in terms of pros and cons though. To the point that it bothers the fuck out of me.

Ah, if only Cures followed a simple colour-coded naming scheme like sentai heroes, then we wouldn't have any of this trouble.

...Come to think of it, Precure itself started out neatly colour-coded, with Cure Black and Cure White. Where did it all go wrong?! =p

I hope you mean by hair color.

Interestingly enough, the first two groups have suits that is wildly different from their hair color, and then that stopped being a thing outside of Fresh and Doki Doki...(same character designer no less).

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 11

Okay, so, basically I can see this going one of two ways: Either Musashi quits this team to find his own way/betrays them to the dinosaur Empire because they're all a bunch of demented, selfish, abusive assholes who are absolutely no good for him, or everyone realizes that Professor Saotome is batshit insane and pure evil. Musashi comes to talk to the man and he THROWS HIM THROUGH A WINDOW. I mean f'reelz. Saotome is a sloppy, arrogant, vicious jerkass and it is painfully obvious which of the Getter guys he wants to fuck his daughter (and it ain't Musashi!). Dude is pretty much as awful to his subordinates as Emperor Gore. I mean he hasn't blown them up yet, but then again, they haven't betrayed him yet.

And Michiru is sort of a jerk to Musashi, too. Which is no surprise, really, since basically everybody involved in the Getter project is a messed up jerkwad, and Musashi, in spite of being a brute, is sympathetic by virtue of being the least violent, messed up asshat on this crew.

Shinji who? Amuro who? Your lame ass mech protagonists don't have a dollar on the psychotic issues positively roiling beneath the facade of a normal high school life that the Getter team has.

I'm telling you all it will take is one misplaced word or act and the Getter crew will destroy themselves and a sizeable portion of Japan with 'em.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I guess. GoGo isn't actually making it better. I'm still fairly bored with it.

Still amazed at how Smile is the exact opposite of Yes! 5 in terms of pros and cons though. To the point that it bothers the fuck out of me.
It has little potential but uses it to the fullest?

Articalys

I was wondering why the December Vita thread had a Kyubey face in the title, then I saw that the new Madoka game comes out that month.

Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 41

Rin is such a miserable failure when it comes to men. She's so bad that Akane got the romance to make up for it. Although she's not drowning in her sorrow from failing at least. Granted, the ones bothered the most by someone's identity would be Nagisa/Honoka (moreso Honoka), and Saki/Mai.

Although to be fair, it was Bunbee's fault for outing someone.

Interesting in how a show that features better character development/more coherent story than it's counterpart (Smile Precure), and yet it's significantly more boring. I don't understand how that fucking works. I guess it's part of the low potential, but uses it to its fullest thing.

snack

Ah right, yeah, Crunchy.

For some reason I thought you were somehow commenting on the show itself XD

oh lol

Well, I consider myself a really big anime noob. Last series I watched was the Gundam with with Kira. This Titan one is good!

cnet128

Banned
oh lol

Well, I consider myself a really big anime noob. Last series I watched was the Gundam with with Kira. This Titan one is good!

Let's see if you're still saying that by the end of the series. The pacing seems to bother most people after a while.

Then again, it might be more bearable when doing an archive run than it was watching the show week-to-week. Maybe you dodged a bullet there!

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Finally, a Zelda game that does things I've wanted for an entire fucking generation and then some: Cutting out a large amount of bullshit between Dungeons. As well as little to no fucking tutorials. Improve on this shit for your next game. This was a worthwhile experiment.

CorvoSol

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Finally, a Zelda game that does things I've wanted for an entire fucking generation and then some: Cutting out a large amount of bullshit between Dungeons. As well as little to no fucking tutorials. Improve on this shit for your next game. This was a worthwhile experiment.

You spoil any of this game for me and so help me I'll cry like a bitch.

Mobile Suit Gundam 10

So in this episode, Char at last succeeds in
killing Garma.
And he doesn't show any remorse or regret for it, nor even grim determination. Char Aznable, who in a mere 8 years will have the entire human race, friend and foe alike, lining up to take his dick, laughs his ass off at the fact that he has just succeeded in
killing his best friend.
He finds it so damn funny, he
calls Garma before he's even dead to tell him why he's gonna die.
Char Aznable, people. Humanity sucks his dick.

On that note, something I really like about Gundam as compared to say, Getter Robo, is that the villains are actually people. Garma's only really villainous trait is that he's arrogant, which makes sense since he's so young. His brother, Dozle, is a family man, and their father, Degwin, repents of several of his great evils toward the end of the show. Kyclia has no stomach for Ghiren's actions, either. Ghiren himself is the only Zabi who is truly evil. Contrast this with Emperor Gore, who is all evil, all the time.

Also I feel like this episode took place in Tacoma, Washington, since that's roughly where they must be, headed to the sea in North America and there was a dome for them to hide in (mind you the King Dome still existed when this show was made so it could've been Seattle, but no Space Needle so that must've been the Tacoma Dome.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom