• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions 3

i9Ec8Ew.png

Bp0CbyQ.png

The lady cast grows! Fortunately the running still feels like it's just between Rikka and Nibutani still. Not sure what to think of Deko, kind of feels like a character to make Rikka seem less crazy.
I could eat these painterly backgrounds up all day.
Love how breaking into MC's room is such a thing now, he's stopped questioning it.

Bombless

Log Horizon 9

Oh Shiroe, you magnificent, machiavellian, four eyed bastard. Log Horizon has the best MC of the season and the series continues to deliver.

The next episode..*pushes glasses up*..is gonna be good.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Kyoukai no Kanata 09:

KyoAni is much better at Action then they are at Fanservice.

They should just stick to action.

Articalys

Outbreak Company ep.9

Wow am I late on watching this.

Despite being a fun fanservice episode, that actually makes it one of the weaker episodes of the series so far for me.

The world needs a third season of Sengoku Basara. Just saying.

We got a movie where basically none of the new characters really did anything.

And the fourth game is going to have animated sequences of probably Masamune and Yukimura kissing or something during story mode. Ofcoursenevercomingoutinamerica.

jbug617

Banned
I have been hooked on City Hunter. On episode 32 already and while the formula was predictable it seems like after ep 28 they are trying new things.

My favorite episode so far has been when they helped that
guy fake his death so he can be with his daughter.

fertygo

I don't think its fair to say that, its common slang in sport forum too.. And most of poster here seem big for sport too, I don't think its really weird to see that word commonly used here.

Sword Art Online 18

Interesting episode to cap off a month-long waiting period until the next episode: Lots of plot, some backstory, and an unknown group at the end

I wish it was January already :(

Articalys

Okay, now there's a bunch of reports echoing around on Twitter that a second season for Yama no Susume has actually been officially announced. Seems they announced it at a fan event today. Trying to investigate more.

Bombless

I have been hooked on City Hunter. On episode 32 already and while the formula was predictable it seems like after ep 28 they are trying new things.

My favorite episode so far has been when they helped that
guy fake his death so he can be with his daughter.

Some things will change, most will not. It'll stay awesome throughout the end though! Best episodes are the ones Saeko is in. And Umibozu. <3 Umibozu-chan.

White Album 2 9

Oh sure, NOW you're getting
afterthoughts
you god damn idiot.

Gazoinks

Clannad 17

Interest continues to drain. This episode was funnyish, but I've realized I don't actually care much about the attempts to resurrect the drama club because I have yet to find Nagisa compelling at all. Like almost all of the girls in this show, she's too moe and passive to be involving to me as a central character. Everything she does she's advised on or pushed into by Tomoya (and Kyou to a lesser extent). Only girls I actually enjoy spending time with are Tomoyo and Kyou, at least their personalities aren't entirely defined by what other people make them do.

In other impressions I've read it seems like people find the Fuko arc really boring and then the show gets better after that, but I've had the exact opposite experience. Maybe I'm crazy.

Hope After Story is good, because right now I'm mostly feeling like I'm wasting time I could use to watch something else. Like more Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Never enough.

Branduil

FLCL 6

Well you can tell Gainax had fun making this. I'm not sure how great the obfuscated story actually is, but at least it had great animation and music.

Gazoinks

FLCL 6

Well you can tell Gainax had fun making this. I'm not sure how great the obfuscated story actually is, but at least it had great animation and music.

Really need to give FLCL a rewatch. The AV Club had a pretty good write-up on the show that cleared up a lot of symbolism and plot stuff for me without delving into deconstruction the symbolism of every frame. Worth a read.

cajunator

Banned
Ojamajo Doremi &#9839; 07

This was a great episode actually.
I really liked this sequence especially. So gooooood.
Also Majo Heart is going to be fun I bet. I like her grumpy stamp so much.
And Hana-chan is such an asshole. Much respect gained.

I dont know what to think of this. Im scared :(

Are you suuuuuure?

Lisbeth is there. all is right with the world.

That parmesan looks nice, but I'm sure it only tastes good every once in awhile.

And it will also be around for years to come!

Space Dandy is getting less hype than Kill La Kill did.

Probably for the best.

Space Dandy will probably be pretty awesome.

Still strolling down my kyoani backlog

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions 1

45eFSof.png

jxffUkB.png

Went in without knowing anything. Feels like a really pretty henneko without all the fanservice.
MC is a little bland but he seems like he's supposed to be more of a cypher for the viewer.
Pink hair clip is a hilarious look and suddenly a lot more things make sense to me.

Henneko is fantastic and Chuunibyo is mostly so.
Chuu2 is filled with squee and happy caliber.

Jarmel

Banned

So I was wondering why they mentioned Soul Eater. Obviously same studio but like nobody worked on Soul Eater on the known staff other than Nakamura, who is just doing key animation. So now I'm wondering if it might have been a reference to the composer, who we surprisingly still don't know about. So I checked who the composer was for Soul Eater and it's Iwasaki. This is more his type of show than Kanno's persay. The music in the PV sounds awfully like him...

Articalys

So I was wondering why they mentioned Soul Eater. Obviously same studio but like nobody worked on Soul Eater on the known staff other than Nakamura, who is just doing key animation. So now I'm wondering if it might have been a reference to the composer, who we surprisingly still don't know about. So I checked who the composer was for Soul Eater and it's Iwasaki. This is more his type of show than Kanno's persay. The music in the PV sounds awfully like him...
They probably just mentioned Soul Eater because it's a Bones show (as you said) currently airing on Toonami.
Actually, all three shows they mentioned aired on Toonami.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't remember Andrex ever posting here. Why would he have an axe to grind?

If it's anything it's probably one of the two usual unsubstantiated accusations that get thrown around in OT anime threads:

• animegaf is "elitist" and hates x show that I like
  • animegaf is a bunch of depraved moe lovers who hate MANLY anime

It's never both at the same time; imagine that.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 - 27-43 [END]

Finally decided to get back on that Gundam train. Too tired to make lengthy impressions but I will say this:
Char is legit as fuck.

Will start Zeta in a couple hours.

If it's anything it's probably one of the two usual unsubstantiated accusations that get thrown around in OT anime threads:

• animegaf is "elitist" and hates x show that I like
  • animegaf is a bunch of depraved moe lovers who hate MANLY anime

It's never both at the same time; imagine that.

I can see people being upset that their favorite anime from a decade ago isn't on the Anime of the Year 2012/3 list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom