• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

New Space Dandy PV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrgMnPogKc

Wow and a giant list of creators involved http://space-dandy.com/img/creators/popup.png

Edit: Some of the names (via liborek on twitter): Hiroyuki Aoyama, Kunio Okawara, Hiroyuki Okuno, Kiyotaka Oshiyama, Chikashi Kubota, Hiroshi Shimizu, Tomohisa Shimoyama, Katsuya Terada, Shintaro Doge, Eiji Nakada, Seiichi Hashimoto, Akemi Hayashi, Michio Mihara, Masayuki Miyaji, Hisashi Mori, Masaaki Yuasa, Sayo Yamamoto, Katsuhiro Otomo...
Mmm.. It's nice not having to worry about whether something will be great or not.

Jarmel

Banned

This is an insane list, it almost feels like it's too much for 13 episodes. So Kanno is definitely on board. I'm not even sure though whether this show is even going to have a traditional composer as it looks like the individual artists are going to do their own thing. Kensuke Ushio is interesting because I don't know how much work he did inside Lama. The M-Flo stuff should be amazing. I don't know a lot of these guys though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Jarmel

Banned
It could still end up sucking.

Sure. This is like the ultimate case of staff whoring. It might be too much. That said, one thing I'm looking forward to is the different styles. I think I remember somewhere that Watanabe wanted each planet to have its own design or feel and it seems he was dead serious about it.

sonicmj1

Sure. This is like the ultimate case of staff whoring. It might be too much. That said, one thing I'm looking forward to is the different styles. I think I remember somewhere that Watanabe wanted each planet to have its own design or feel and it seems he was dead serious about it.

If there's one thing I trust Watanabe to do right, it's music. Soundtracks come out great for every show he's involved with.

Jarmel

Banned
If there's one thing I trust Watanabe to do right, it's music. Soundtracks come out great for every show he's involved with.

My concern is the writing right now. Animation and soundtrack will almost certainly be insane. I'm aware of the writing credentials on the staff but that doesn't preclude screw ups on their behalf. I've been burned by the writing on way too many BONES shows.

cajunator

Banned
Sometimes an overabundance of talent can cause a disjointed and unfocused show. Nothing is a slam dunk before it airs. Except Slam Dunk.

wonzo

Banned
Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi 1-3 END

yozaquhoshinoumi1.jpg

Rewatching this knowing all the characters and the actual context of when and where this takes place makes it a hell of a lot more enjoyable thanks to it actually making sense. A must re/watch for anyone watching the excellent remake TV series.

duckroll

I don't think anyone expects this to be a particularly focused show. It's meant to be episodic with each episode being something unique by that episode's staff. That's why they have so much different talent. It's more like an anthology than some "epic" story.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't think anyone expects this to be a particularly focused show. It's meant to be episodic with each episode being something unique by that episode's staff. That's why they have so much different talent. It's more like an anthology than some "epic" story.

Which is for the best for a comedic show as there isn't the worry about it getting stale, especially with 26 episodes.

OceanBlue

Lol, I think I'm more excited for the show now that I expect it to be episodic, especially if the staff hype is to be believed. Before, I was kinda worried since I didn't really understand what the show was about, but now I'm hoping for some fun, interesting stories. Hopefully the settings and stories are interesting and varied. I guess I'm on the hype train now. :D

Well, that being said I still have no idea what the show is going to be about lol. Other than a dandy guy in space.

dumbyugi

Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned

This was an enjoyably bad movie. I'm not going to write a big review but I will question why Dracula was such a gigantic idiot. When he
gets the invite to have his son baptised by his enemy Satan he decides it would be a good idea to go. Why would he think that's a good idea?
. Then when he
becomes mortal he decides he needs to become a vampire again. Why? He could have lived a happy life with his wife and son
. Speaking of his
son, what purpose did it serve him coming back as a warrior of God. He didn't really do anything
. The ending was spectacular. I love how
the old cripple wasn't crippled at all
. I also loved how he not only
stabbed Dracula through the heart
but he also
blew up himself and the castle with his wheelchair-bomb just to make sure he was dead.

I can't decide whether I want to give this a low rating or a high one. It is no doubt an awful movie, but I still enjoyed watching it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned

I can't decide whether I want to give this a low rating or a high one. It is no doubt an awful movie, but I still enjoyed watching it.
Indeed. These kind of shows have a quality that might be called transcendental or extra-dimensional, like adding a y-axis to a one-dimensional number line. When being forced to use a simple number rating, though, I usually prefer to rate it highly for being entertaining rather than being low for being terrible.

Quasar

I'm aware of that but some of the numbers from a weekly basis are pretty high, for example, Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou had over 500,000 sales. Like why isn't Biblia on the list?

Yeah. Somethings not right there.

And given those numbers...wheres a Biblia anime?

dumbyugi

Indeed. These kind of shows have a quality that might be called transcendental or extra-dimensional, like adding a y-axis to a one-dimensional number line. When being forced to use a simple number rating, though, I usually prefer to rate it highly for being entertaining rather than being low for being terrible.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'm tempted to watch more from the list. I've already seen Mad Bull, School Days, Shuffle and Garzey's Wing. What would be a good place to start.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

cajunator

Banned

Episodic is best for a show like this. IT can have several self contained story arcs and maybe one over-reaching arc that ties it all together like Bebop. that would be sweet.

Oh yea Nisekoi homepage got updated with character designs:

http://www.nisekoi.jp/character/

it's just the same old shit we've been seeing, plus the new key visual is again a copy paste of the current designs

old or not I really like those character designs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
New Makoto Shinkai CM for Taisei (in case it hasn't been posted yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umJlY87-0Hs

Chu2koi s2 key visual

Also Shiori Mikami, Takehito Koyasu, Masako Isobe, Sayuri Hara, Satoshi Hino and Natsuki Hanae are joining Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha's cast, webpage has been updated with character designs:

http://inarikonkon.jp/character/

Some were previously revealed via PR:
http://moca-news.net/article/20131101/201311011100a/01/ (previous)
http://moca-news.net/article/20131202/201312021556a/01/ (today's news)

damn that visual is awfully close to being sdburton material

If it has that instrumental Mameshiba track Im getting it.

It is listed as track 18, and hidden track 21. Though it does not list the track time, this song goes for just over six minutes for your reference.

And just so I understand correctly, this song does have vocals; well, at least track 18 does. I have completely forgotten about the hidden track 21 and have not yet found a way to listen to it from the CD.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
New Space Dandy PV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrgMnPogKc

Wow and a giant list of creators involved http://space-dandy.com/img/creators/popup.png

Edit: Some of the names (via liborek on twitter): Hiroyuki Aoyama, Kunio Okawara, Hiroyuki Okuno, Kiyotaka Oshiyama, Chikashi Kubota, Hiroshi Shimizu, Tomohisa Shimoyama, Katsuya Terada, Shintaro Doge, Eiji Nakada, Seiichi Hashimoto, Akemi Hayashi, Michio Mihara, Masayuki Miyaji, Hisashi Mori, Masaaki Yuasa, Sayo Yamamoto, Katsuhiro Otomo...

January can't come soon enough.

Defuser

Yozakura Quartet - Hana no Uta ep 9
Well, that is one way of recapping the Hoshi no Umi arc in a OP.

Juri's pantsu = :D
Kohime's pantsu = D:

Even a child wasn't spared from fanservice.

Other than that an excellent second half of the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom