• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samurai Flamenco - 5
As someone that's disliked the show's use of music, it was nice to see the track in the beginning handled well with a nice transition into the alley fight. It also helped that the image of the Brass Rangers is absolutely ridiculous. Definitely one of my favorite episodes so far.

Infinite Stratos 2 - 06

I've watched this episode and the only thing worthy of my comment in the fact that charlotte was forced to go commando during a whole day... Nothing else happenned ...

cnet128

Banned
I'm looking forward to watching Kill La Kill and Valvrave next, as well as watching one of the greatest syndicates ever for the first time.

I never watched One Piece... :/

Neither have I...that is, until recently. I'm a whole 5 episodes in lol.

More people getting into One Piece is good. It's a fun show =)

Ah, don't feel bad. Watching a 600+ anime series from episode 1 is the anime equivalent of climbing Mt. Everest without the same sense of achievement at the end.

You think catching up on a massive series doesn't have a sense of achievement at the end? Hah. You can bet I'll feel a sense of achievement when I'm up to date on Precure.

What is going on in here?

Arti quit, duckroll mini-raged, Hito quoted forbidden logs. The usual.

New Space Dandy PV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrgMnPogKc

Wow and a giant list of creators involved http://space-dandy.com/img/creators/popup.png

Edit: Some of the names (via liborek on twitter): Hiroyuki Aoyama, Kunio Okawara, Hiroyuki Okuno, Kiyotaka Oshiyama, Chikashi Kubota, Hiroshi Shimizu, Tomohisa Shimoyama, Katsuya Terada, Shintaro Doge, Eiji Nakada, Seiichi Hashimoto, Akemi Hayashi, Michio Mihara, Masayuki Miyaji, Hisashi Mori, Masaaki Yuasa, Sayo Yamamoto, Katsuhiro Otomo...

I gotta be honest, I was expecting the cat thing to have a high pitched cat-like voice. Especially thanks to that one avatar of Narag of it with a perverted look. Glad it's a regular voice, but not like it matters since I'll be watching this in english Toonami.

Well assuming there's no censorship.

As to the drama, I'm glad I'm new and don't know the personalities of people yet. Besides certain people and their tastes in anime. But to be fair they make it obvious.

OceanBlue

I gotta be honest, I was expecting the cat thing to have a high pitched cat-like voice. Especially thanks to that one avatar of Narag of it with a perverted look. Glad it's a regular voice, but not like it matters since I'll be watching this in english Toonami.

Well assuming there's no censorship.

I haven't really kept up with the news on Space Dandy. Do we know or have we seen anything regarding the English dub of Space Dandy?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh he does that in #animegaf too?
He's raged and snapped at people many times in this thread too. I only posted the log because it was more immediately illustrative.

We kept trying to tell him to calm down and everything would be ok, but simply hanging out and having fun wasn't what he wanted.

Emitan

He's raged and snapped at people many times in this thread too. I only posted the log because it was more immediately illustrative.

We kept trying to tell him to calm down and everything would be ok, but simply hanging out and having fun wasn't what he wanted.

I've tried to tell him to calm down too :/

Are you saying we should start some newbie drama

I'm sure fake drama would be frowned upon as it'd be making fun. But one of these days Gazoinks, you'll like an anime i hate and BAM. All of a sudden your favorite anime is shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIT.

I haven't really kept up with the news on Space Dandy. Do we know or have we seen anything regarding the English dub of Space Dandy?

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/65032254047/big-honkin-toonami-announcement-hey-everybody

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ndy-to-air-on-toonami-before-it-airs-in-japan

It's starting in Toonami this January and will technically air in the US/West before it airs in Japan. Simulcast ftw. I haven't read anything official on voice casts or whether it'll be dubbed that's just an assumption as I don't think we've ever had subbed anime in network television in the US. At least not Toonami/Adult Swim.

I hope voice cast for english people gets announced soon. I wouldn't mind if some Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo/FMA voice actors got roles. I just checked IMDB to make sure, didn't see nothing.

I'm sure fake drama would be frowned upon as it'd be making fun. But one of these days Gazoinks, you'll like an anime i hate and BAM. All of a sudden your favorite anime is shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIT.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/65032254047/big-honkin-toonami-announcement-hey-everybody

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ndy-to-air-on-toonami-before-it-airs-in-japan

It's starting in Toonami this January and will technically air in the US/West before it airs in Japan. Simulcast ftw. I haven't read anything official on voice casts or whether it'll be dubbed that's just an assumption as I don't think we've ever had subbed anime in network television in the US. At least not Toonami/Adult Swim..

But it says its dubbed in your link. North American anime distributor Funimation is charge of the home video release and is producing an English dub for the television release.

But it says its dubbed in your link. North American anime distributor Funimation is charge of the home video release and is producing an English dub for the television release.

Oh derp. My mistake. Well that's good news for me then. As to Funimation dubbing, I'm trying to recall which recent shows they had dubs with as to try and guess the voice cast. I hope Troy Baker (Booker Dewitt, also many anime shows) and Liam O'Brien (War, also lots of anime) get gigs. I love to hear their voices. Especially the latter, it's like butter to my ears.

Yozakura Quartet 9
Pretty cool episode. The summary OP was pretty amazing. This new half-demon is pretty cool and then that fight with Enjin was pretty damn cool. Frankensteiner was awesome

Pocket Monsters X/Y 008

UvqWl8Ml.jpg

Too elegant for words.

There's no lipstick on the upper lip.

Dead give away that's not a female Wobbuffet.

Still haven't seen anything that makes me want to watch the show :/

I'm very curious who they'll choose to play Dandy in the dub. Junichi Suwabe is pretty great on his own, but I'm having trouble actually thinking of which english speaking voice actor could fit him. Surely they won't just go with Steve Blum, right?

Thanks for that. Its such a beautiful piece.

After going back to WMP and then the physical disc case itself, it appears that the hidden Mameshiba instrumental is actually attached to song 20 (Aqua). "Aqua" plays for 6:29 and then Mameshiba instrumental plays from 6:30-10:41, so the instrumental track is a bit shorter than the vocal version that goes for 6:09.

Maybe I should go back through my 50+ anime soundtracks to see if there are any other cases with a hidden song.

I'm very curious who they'll choose to play Dandy in the dub. Junichi Suwabe is pretty great on his own, but I'm having trouble actually thinking of which english speaking voice actor could fit him. Surely they won't just go with Steve Blum, right?

He has a decent enough range where I wouldn't mind if this was the case. He can do the cocky voice just fine too. Honestly I didn't recognize him in something else I saw recently in english. I think it was Code Geass. Spike and Tom are the exact same though.

Personally, like I said earlier, I'd go with Troy Baker. He also has a lot of range. His Joker sounds just like the animated series Joker.

also a bit off-topic but I know how people in AnimeGAF hate Banderas.gif so when I saw this new guy today I thought of you guys

Joe Molotov

Dokidoki Precure 10

Oh shit, there was so much :SDBurton NTR in this episode. Mana just straight up trolling Rikka, and then acting like she's got no clue. What a cold-hearted tramp.

MakoPi knew what she was doing too, flashing her idol swag all over the place to win over Mana, and then being like "Someday I hope to have a friend as good as you, Rikka! *snark*" And no one even gives a fuck about Alice, even though she's funding the whole operation, she's just like a fourth wheel. Okay...that's not a very good analogy, but you get what I'm saying. While Rikka and MakoPi are fighting over Mana, she's all like "I wish I could be friends with you guys too...." and they're all like "Oh Alice, you're totes our best friend too!" but you can tell they don't mean it.. Depressing stuff. :(

Dokidoki Precure 10

Oh shit, there was so much :SDBurton NTR in this episode. Mana just straight up trolling Rikka, and then acting like she's got no clue. What a cold-hearted tramp.

MakoPi knew what she was doing too, flashing her idol swag all over the place to win over Mana, and then being like "Someday I hope to have a friend as good as you, Rikka! *snark*" And no one even gives a fuck about Alice, even though she's funding the whole operation, she's just like a fourth wheel. Okay...that's not a very good analogy, but you get what I'm saying. While Rikka and MakoPi are fighting over Mana, she's all like "I wish I could be friends with you guys too...." and they're all like "Oh Alice, you're totes our best friend too!" but you can tell they don't mean it.. Depressing stuff. :(

You've got no clue .. this is exactly how you build an harem.
As for alice she is just happy that mana is acknowledging her existance .. Alice know this and doesn't fight that's all.

Dokidoki Precure 10

Alice totally knows here role in this harem. She's into voyeur stuff, that's why she's constantly watching them on security cameras.

Vito

Banned
Siete, I expected more of you than to link ANN... lol, sorry about the angry reflex.

http://moca-news.net/article/20131202/201312021338a/image101.html

it's the same thing that was announced at the event and was reported by people who attended it via twitter, except it's official PR now with a key visual. Welp, stupid seiyuu thumbnails I ignore. Seriously though, I really wish people would stop linking ANN when they just recycle PR from other sites, they're a god damn parasite.

cnet128

Banned
Siete, I expected more of you than to link ANN... lol, sorry about the angry reflex.

http://moca-news.net/article/20131202/201312021338a/image101.html

it's the same thing that was announced at the event and was reported by people who attended it via twitter, except it's official PR now with a key visual. Welp, stupid seiyuu thumbnails I ignore. Seriously though, I really wish people would stop linking ANN when they just recycle PR from other sites, they're a god damn parasite.

Two cours of 15-minute episodes? I might actually check this out now. I've been vaguely interested for a while considering all the love it's been getting around here, but I just can't be bothered with 5-minute shows. On the bright side, I guess it won't take long to catch up on =p

Theonik

Mari & Gali 21-28
This show man. Some great episodes on this lot. The episode with Gali's birthday especially was amazing not to say the rest were bad. Kick the can was also awesome of course also the THANKS BENJAMIN episode too.
Though I was kinda peeved as lightning actually comes from the ground to the clouds not the other way round but oh well.
I appreciated the effort put into all this especially given the apparent budget constraints they appear to have had.
Yes you lot should watch this.

Marie & Gali Ver 2.0 - 01

uL3rUlI.png

NO NO NO! Please let Marika stay with the sailor uniform.
Wow, there was much :quality here.
Norika is a little bit more forceful than Marika...senpai. =D
Gari is still the same, always falling.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 9:

Finally, The Bearguy III has come back to Gundam Build Fighters! Indeed, the face of this program has finally made his in-anime debut and a Breakout Gundam has been birthed. Also, as mentioned before, after the never ending tedium of Ace No Diamond's training arc, I am really happy to see the cheesy sports montage. I feel bad for Knight Gundam, looking all dignified in glorious 2D. Still better then any given moment of SD Gundam. Anyway, at long last the real tournament arc is set to begin with the new breed in place. Also, this music for this series is so very good.

Jex

That Juri gif is so gross, not just because it's pervy as hell, but also because half of her allure was in never showing what was under those incredibly short skirts. Pervfail.

If only the creators where as wise as you, Dresden-sama.

Jex

I think they are too busy trying to break some sort of pantyshot world record.

Now now, they really aren't interested in pulling an Agent Aika or anything, they're just really into some full-on fanservice in a non-fanservice type show, something you don't really see that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom