• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
He's raged and snapped at people many times in this thread too. I only posted the log because it was more immediately illustrative.

We kept trying to tell him to calm down and everything would be ok, but simply hanging out and having fun wasn't what he wanted.

Its still not cool to post IRC logs. I thought that wasnt allowed?

After going back to WMP and then the physical disc case itself, it appears that the hidden Mameshiba instrumental is actually attached to song 20 (Aqua). "Aqua" plays for 6:29 and then Mameshiba instrumental plays from 6:30-10:41, so the instrumental track is a bit shorter than the vocal version that goes for 6:09.

Maybe I should go back through my 50+ anime soundtracks to see if there are any other cases with a hidden song.

I thought the music clip sounded cut off on youtube or something. Thats probably why. Thanks for the info.

tumblr_mx72wqHCIP1r7c87xo1_1280.jpg

THE DREAM LIVES!

This looks way to cute for me not to watch it. It was called Encouragement of CLimb I think?

CorvoSol

If Juna had stated with the old man I could totally imagine flashing forward ten years to him being some kind of eco-hippie version of Craster from Game of Thrones.

Frankly if Juna is a real woman then the show's lead writer has probably done exactly this to her.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Valvrave the Liberator 19

WHERE THE FUCK DID HE COME FROM

Wait...you guys have no physical body but crash land in a rocket? Wat.

And now, to add to the sepukku superattack, Haruto's got a wristcutting heatsink. :lol Why are people bitching about KILL la KILL's "Red Glove" thing again?

Oh shit...well then. This will just add to L-Elf being the most badass character in this show.

Bombless

Subs 'n' Babes 9

hcY02Nc.gif

Chihaya, you sly sea wolf. Hyuuga & Takao showing off, dat uniform change and once again tactics, tactics, TACTICS made this episode awesome.

cajunator

Banned
Earth Maiden Arjuna 4

I'm a third of the way into the episode and I'm freaking the fuck out here. I mean, "You fatties eat so many fucking burgers you don't know how to taste if something is good for you or not!" WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? Am I supposed to ignore that Juna was dumped in a nuclear wastepit where nothing was good to eat, evidenced by the hordes of dead animals?

And then "You watch too much TV! It's making you blind!" Well shit, if all TV has CGI and :quality faces like in this half-assed shitroduction then yeah, TV probably is raping the eyes from my sockets. Least when I'm blind I won't have to SEE how fucking preachy you are.

And now this old man. THIS FUCKING OLD MAN. I don't know what to say other than that he completely typifies the writer as I see him. Completely sexist toward the female protagonist by groping her, just as our writer feels the need to strip Juna to nothing when "powering her up," treats young people like they have shit for brains, preaches a bunch of maddening bullshit that flies in the face of reason (Hey shithead, did you know we do things like weed and kill bugs because that shit is bad for us? What happened to not knowing when something is bad for you?) tells Juna to work, then flips his shit when she tries to work, and of course, he lives in his own shit.

I've said shit like a million times because this old man just told Juna to go and take a dump in the woods. I bet this sick bastard doesn't wash his hands afterward or ever, either. "God made dirt so dirt don't hurt."

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THIS. Now I have 20 more minutes to go through.

"Why kill?" OH GEE I DUNNO BECAUSE FUCKING MOSQUITOS CARRY DENGUE AND MALARIA AND IT IS BETTER THAT THEY DIE EN MASSE THAN US.

Like Nature is fucking innocent and poses no threat to man, no sir. And this rotten old bastard is like "You bitches are gonna sit there and watch me eat a full meal and listen to me tell you you get no food till tomorrow because I don't give a flip if you're starving, you learning my very random and idiotic lesson in austerity is far, far more important than basic human decency."

No, for reals. Is this what we're meant to learn here? Mankind should burn it all down and live like this mad man, alone, in the woods, in filth and refuse, because that's the only means of "living in harmony with nature"?

THIS IS YOUR FUCKING SAVIOR, ARJUNA'S FINAL FORM HERE FOLKS.

Oh man. You havent even begun to learn from the mountain. The mountain will teach you. You must listen Corvy kun. What would Chris do?!

CorvoSol

From the creator of Macross.

And Tomino made Victory Gundam. All great minds crap out at some point.

Oh man. You havent even begun to learn from the mountain. The mountain will teach you. You must listen Corvy kun. What would Chris do?!

Bitch slap me and then tell me violence isn't the answer, I guess.

Gunpla Build Fighters 9

AW YEAH NOBEL GUNDAM AND ALLENBY BEARDSLY CAMEO!

This was a really nice episode. It was a breather, good development for China and Sei, and a lot of cute battles. I even liked the spoiled rich girl. She reminded me of Martina from SLAYERS NEXT. This show has been the balm that has healed Victory Gundam's wounds in my soul.

Theonik

I have to stop with my bad habit of posting seconds before I have to leave. My test was very easy, thanks Marie & Gali.

That Hertz swag to control seagulls.
The lightning episode was so good, the lenghts they go for science, like in that Pet episode.
These 5 minutes animes are so easy to marathon.
The seagulls was actually Archimedes hence the sunglasses.
And yes this is pretty easy to marathon I've just been saving it is all.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 9 The Leam Empire
tumblr_mx7bb2ErHj1qlcw9co3_500.gif

Finally back to Alibaba and finally back to the Magi we know and love. I could watch Alibaba fight all day. Hopefully this Shambal Ramal's Gladiator Training School arc portion will lead to much much more fighting and magic in the series. And Cassim's magoi will be a relevant point in the future?

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 9 The Leam Empire
tumblr_mx7bb2ErHj1qlcw9co3_500.gif

Finally back to Alibaba and finally back to the Magi we know and love. I could watch Alibaba fight all day. Hopefully this Shambal Ramal's Gladiator Training School arc portion will lead to much much more fighting and magic in the series. And Cassim's magoi will be a relevant point in the future?

I stopped watching the anime because I decided I'd rather go with the manga's plot but it seems it isn't too far off. But if I read you correctly you are Team Alibaba, and Team Alibaba is best team.

Branduil

i wonder what the mountain thinks about incest

Incest taboos are agriculturalist propaganda meant to enrich the merchant class. By forcing people to marry outside of their family group tribes become so large they can no longer live within their means using proper hunter-and-gatherer techniques, and they form agricultural communities that barter with other communities to acquire the decadent luxuries they now believe they need.

Oreimo S2 Episode 13

Nice...this can't go wrong at all...

Oreimo S2 Episodes 14-16

donald26wmv.gif

Well you can't say we didn't warn you.

Garzey's Wing

Every time YAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTO is mentioned, I want to die laughing, so hard.

The forced dialogue is just a sight to behold, nevermind the below average animation quality that bring comedic sword fighting into the fray.

I was expecting the whole thing would be kept seperately from his buds in Chris's world, but hey, EVERYTHING IS A-OKAY!

"HEY YOU'RE LOOKING SEXY" hitting on other women while away from his girlfriend smh.

HEY I WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO MAKE A GUN THROUGH SCREWING! THIS WILL BE HELPFUL NEVER, but I hope you like learning about how to make bombs!

No one likes the fairies (which they're not called fairies here but sue me), it's basically lets treat some people like shit hohohohoho.

cajunator

Banned
Incest taboos are agriculturalist propaganda meant to enrich the merchant class. By forcing people to marry outside of their family group tribes become so large they can no longer live within their means using proper hunter-and-gatherer techniques, and they form agricultural communities that barter with other communities to acquire the decadent luxuries they now believe they need.

Funnily enough thats what this show would preach.

Bombless

Bakemonogatari FIN

Well, that was something. The style is completely different from Katanagatari (not that I was expecting the same format or anything) and yet, as the ED started in episode 15 I had a big smile on my face. Thanks AnimeGAF.

Which series is up next?

wonzo

Banned
"occupy my **** onii-chan"

Meganebu! Episode 9
tumblr_mx67r5yoyp1ru7d8to1_500.gif

tumblr_mx67r5yoyp1ru7d8to2_500.gif

The reaction to wifi being out of range on the island was hilarious.

best episode yet, Mitsui finally coming to understand and appreciate Hayato and all that Hayato does was the best development and one needed after so many long episodes of treating Hayato bad, Hayato is the perfect character here and just all good all around even inviting him to his house and feeding him and comforting him in his time of need.

jbug617

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 9

I think they handled that perfectly.
They showed the potential of Onoda and at the same time show that he is still far away from being the best.

cnet128

Banned
Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai 9

ibmrS8PJUK25nQ.gif

For some reason Yaya seemed extra cute in that scene. Maybe Raishin should act like Charlotte is his girlfriend more often.

Meanwhile the sisters who are the focus of this arc look like half-assed palette swaps of each other. Like, they swapped the palette for another, almost-identical palette. I find it pretty difficult to tell the two of them apart at times. In fact, for a while I didn't even realise there were two of them.

Oh, and Yaya has some cute underwear.
I guess I was lying when I said I would never try stitching frames together again...

The seagulls was actually Archimedes hence the sunglasses.
And yes this is pretty easy to marathon I've just been saving it is all.

True that, Hertz used a radar and a net. Maybe I could do Yama susume next, it's 5 minutes per episode too, right?.

Marie & Gali Ver 2.0 - 02

Aparently bubbles are round because the earth is round.
Thanks Marika-senpai.

Episode 9 is going to break Corvo.
I'm pretty sure there is some "things" before he reaches that point.

True story , once i finished arjuna i didn't watch anime for a week.

Oreimo S2 Episode 13

Nice...this can't go wrong at all...

Oreimo S2 Episodes 14-16

donald26wmv.gif
We did warn you.

We warned you.

Bakemonogatari FIN

Well, that was something. The style is completely different from Katanagatari (not that I was expecting the same format or anything) and yet, as the ED started in episode 15 I had a big smile on my face. Thanks AnimeGAF.

Which series is up next?

If you've seen ep 15 , then NISEMONOGATARI is next.

yo what the fuck is this My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy thing

that was like half an hour of my life gone

Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi

It's weird how this and Hana no Uta are complete opposites of the original TV series, what with the actually good character art, animation and music among other things. Essentially an arc I'd expect to see in HNU but with a bigger budget and a surprisingly little amount of panty shots, it was super god damn duper. I guess I can continue HNU now.

cnet128

Banned
Bakemonogatari FIN

Which series is up next?

Kizumon...oh wait, that movie still doesn't fucking exist.

Nisemonogatari it is, then.

cajunator

Banned
I'm pretty sure there is some "things" before he reaches that point.

True story , once i finished arjuna i didn't watch anime for a week.

We did warn you.

We warned you.

If you've seen ep 15 , then NISEMONOGATARI is next.

I actually marathoned Arjuna for the hell of it. It was a bizarre but strangely entertaining experience but it didnt scare me away from other anime.

yo what the fuck is this My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy thing

that was like half an hour of my life gone

That show is REALLY wierd.

I actually marathoned Arjuna for the hell of it. It was a bizarre but strangely entertaining experience but it didnt scare me away from other anime.

The only thing that matterred in arjuna is the macross zero reference.
or is it the opposite ? my memory is fuzzy

Joe Molotov

I bought Tales of Xillia for $20 the other day, and today I spent $10 on Idolm@ster costumes and cat ears for it. I haven't started playing it yet, but I feel like this is probably the Anime of the Year.

Non non Biyori 9
ar1.png

It's Super Komari-o
Very cute episode. the way Renge convinced Candy Store to come to the cultural festival was amazingly cute. Hotaru was pretty cute in her cat ears. Expected it to be a failure. Dat last scene tho. Real shocker
for Natsumi that is

Quasar

Monogatari Season 2 - Shinobu Time - I don't know what I expected, but I did not expect to be shedding tears over Monogatari.

Yowapeda Episode 9
tumblr_mx7cjuZu0U1r81bdlo1_400.gif

Almost though the anime got the bad writing diseases
but then it became Imaizumi and Naruko to really bring the actually good action. With the serious bikers head to head the anime finally reached epic phenomenal heights. Extremely intense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom