• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gingitsune 9
very cute episode. Haru was being adorably tsun, not revealing that she loved Cream Buns. The kids were really cute too.

Just the fact this pantsu talk is a discussion makes me ashamed of modern anime and wish anime of day past.

With its explicit sexual humor, bad female leads and sexism. Those were the days son. Those were the days.

#joking
#YOLO

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Looks like NISA's having a sale that includes some of their anime. Actual quality of the discounts varies, but here's everything currently included in the sale:

Arakawa Under the Bridge S1 LE and S2 SE bundle (BD) - $56.99
Arakawa Under the Bridge S1 LE and S2 SE bundle (DVD) - $49.99
Everyday Tales of a Cat God (BD) - $49.99
Our Home's Fox Deity Vol 1 SE & 2 LE set (DVD) - $44.99
Our Home's Fox Deity Vol 1 SE & 2 SE set (DVD) - $39.99
Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up SE (BD) - $39.99
House of Five Leaves SE (DVD) - $19.99
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl (Denpa Onna) LE (BD/DVD combo) - $49.99
Katanagatari Vol 1 LE & 2 LE (BD/DVD combo) - $89.99
Hanasaku Iroha Vol 1 LE & 2 LE (BD/DVD combo) - $89.99
Natsume's Book of Friends Vol 1-2 LE (DVD) & Vol 3-4 LE (BD/DVD combo) - $139.99
Occult Academy SE (BD) - $39.99
Pandora Hearts Vol 1&2 SE (DVD) - $54.99
Toradora Vol 1&2 SE (DVD) - $39.99
Umineko Vol 1&2 LE (BD) - $79.99
Zakuro LE (DVD) - $39.99

the actual sale.

Narag

Gundam Build Fighters 9

T3LNjRDl.jpg
4ab0eJql.jpg
c7HGUyCl.png

Loved how cartoony Bearguy was portrayed as. Fit the tone of him and the episode itself really well.

BxmmHxZl.jpg

That fucking horse cracked me up. Completes the oujo-sama image there.

Great ep that benefited from taking things even less serious than normal which is saying quite a bit. Hope we get more of this rivalry down the line. Lost it at this cameo too.

Theonik

Just the fact this pantsu talk is a discussion makes me ashamed of modern anime and wish anime of day past.

With its explicit sexual humor, bad female leads and sexism. Those were the days son. Those were the days.

#joking
#YOLO
Joke's on you 80s anime was worse at sexualising lolis and panty shots.

Looks like NISA's having a sale that includes some of their anime. Actual quality of the discounts varies, but here's everything currently included in the sale:

the actual sale.

Really want to get the Arakawa Under the Bridge bundle, but I will wait until there is a Blu-ray only Standard Edition to go with the Standard Edition BD-only S1.

Jex

[Yozakura Quartet] - 9

Hmm, they really are trying to make it hard as possible for me to wholeheartedly enjoy with all these pantyshots.

Leaving the er, fanservice, aside, this was another fine episode with some really spectacular animation. So I guess it's the same as always.

Vito

Banned
Oh NISA.... "we don't reprint premium sets" my ass. Last holiday Katanagatari had a counter but after the show re-aired, they reprinted it. If TRSI offers it for 82, I will... I dunno, send NISA a really angry email.

Anyhow, not unseen but reposted in January Comic Alive, Garupan OVA designs...

Still kinda horrible jpeg quality. PMed the guy in case he's the scanner and can provide something a bit more decent than this. PANZER VOR!

Jarmel

Banned
Golden Time-9

oh my fucking god

This whole damn thing. Should have at least held onto the photos. Linda is an absolute idiot and the worst sister ever.

Then Ghost Banri is going to make things worse. Jesus Christ.

RD-04120_t614.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 9:

As many have noted, we have skipped the Hoshi No Umi arc and we begin things with the newly reformed and much less interesting Zakuro trying to integrate into Sakura Newtown society, with mixed results. I'll be honest, shy Zakuo just isn't doing it for me, too much in the other direction. Anyway, I am presuming that Kotoha's expostion about half-daemons is foreshadowing. Odd to see Enjin attack so directly like that but it seemed to serve its purpose. Also, yea, the pantyshots are getting Ikki Tousen annoying.

Unbreakable Machine-Doll 8

Raishin and Loki continue to have stellar interaction with each other.

The hospital scene with Frey and Yaya wielding Cherubim was good.

Arc has now ended, but the next one has already started and seems like Charl is getting the spotlight again.

cnet128

Banned
Gingitsune 9

After last week's very human-focused episode, this week we have a distinctly more fox-y episode.

And by fox I mean Haru. And by Haru I mean adorable. D'awwwwwwww.

Yozakura Pantsu 09

Great episode, but yeah this confirms you need to watch the previous OVA. No hime or basically anybody else this episode, but we got to see Pantsusteiner.

Oreimo S2 Episodes 7-12

If I'm ranking them: 9 > 10 > 8 > 7 > 11 = 12.

Episode 9 was the closest thing this has got to S1 so far. I'm just a bit miffed that this has now turned into a harem anime. Oh well.

Oreimo S2 Episodes 7-12

Episode 9 was the closest thing this has got to S1 so far. I'm just a bit miffed that this has now turned into a harem anime. Oh well.

You are in for a treat with the ending OVA episodes. Be sure you take precautions and remove all sharp objects from the room before you start though.

Oreimo S2 Episodes 7-12

Just a warning, but if you're going to watch the last few episodes, you're entering a point of no return.

Log Horizon episode 7
Man I am actually enjoying this alot, its maybe not the best of this type of thing but its certainly more enjoyable than SAO and .hack//Sign(vs same amount of episodes).
main character is also more likeable than Kirito. also nice that its more group based than lone wolf.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I've been gone because reasons. Hope y'all have missed me. Or not, whatevs. I got a lot to catch up on.

KILL la KILL 8

I fucking love Gamagoori. Dude's too much fun.
DUDE SNAKE HURT ME MORE DAWG

Golden Time 8

Tada is the best fucking wingman, holy fucking shit. I'm fucking dying over here.

If 2D-kun stays forever alone at the end of this series, Felix will am cry.

Oh shit...is his old self still able to eventually come out?

So this popped up on my Facebook feed. I don't even

5LvNlsy.jpg

But my ringtone is death metal...

Yozakura quartet - 09

I don't see the problem with the panty shots .

Oh and this was a great episode , even if not much happenned , wait things did happen.

They are animating things quite well so this is very entertaining.

Yowamushi Pedal 9

A thrilling conclusion to the race. I was super engaged throughout the first half; afterwards, I almost felt like I was as exhausted as Onoda. The music and sound effects are so good. I'm happy that Onoda,
despite winning the mountain stage didn't actually win the race. He may be an incredibly fast learner, but he still has a long way to go. It keeps him human and likable.

CorvoSol

Earth Maiden Arjuna 4

I'm a third of the way into the episode and I'm freaking the fuck out here. I mean, "You fatties eat so many fucking burgers you don't know how to taste if something is good for you or not!" WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? Am I supposed to ignore that Juna was dumped in a nuclear wastepit where nothing was good to eat, evidenced by the hordes of dead animals?

And then "You watch too much TV! It's making you blind!" Well shit, if all TV has CGI and :quality faces like in this half-assed shitroduction then yeah, TV probably is raping the eyes from my sockets. Least when I'm blind I won't have to SEE how fucking preachy you are.

And now this old man. THIS FUCKING OLD MAN. I don't know what to say other than that he completely typifies the writer as I see him. Completely sexist toward the female protagonist by groping her, just as our writer feels the need to strip Juna to nothing when "powering her up," treats young people like they have shit for brains, preaches a bunch of maddening bullshit that flies in the face of reason (Hey shithead, did you know we do things like weed and kill bugs because that shit is bad for us? What happened to not knowing when something is bad for you?) tells Juna to work, then flips his shit when she tries to work, and of course, he lives in his own shit.

I've said shit like a million times because this old man just told Juna to go and take a dump in the woods. I bet this sick bastard doesn't wash his hands afterward or ever, either. "God made dirt so dirt don't hurt."

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THIS. Now I have 20 more minutes to go through.

"Why kill?" OH GEE I DUNNO BECAUSE FUCKING MOSQUITOS CARRY DENGUE AND MALARIA AND IT IS BETTER THAT THEY DIE EN MASSE THAN US.

Like Nature is fucking innocent and poses no threat to man, no sir. And this rotten old bastard is like "You bitches are gonna sit there and watch me eat a full meal and listen to me tell you you get no food till tomorrow because I don't give a flip if you're starving, you learning my very random and idiotic lesson in austerity is far, far more important than basic human decency."

No, for reals. Is this what we're meant to learn here? Mankind should burn it all down and live like this mad man, alone, in the woods, in filth and refuse, because that's the only means of "living in harmony with nature"?

THIS IS YOUR FUCKING SAVIOR, ARJUNA'S FINAL FORM HERE FOLKS.

Mari & Gali 21-28

This show man. Some great episodes on this lot. The episode with Gali's birthday especially was amazing not to say the rest were bad. Kick the can was also awesome of course also the THANKS BENJAMIN episode too.
Though I was kinda peeved as lightning actually comes from the ground to the clouds not the other way round but oh well.
I appreciated the effort put into all this especially given the apparent budget constraints they appear to have had.
Yes you lot should watch this.

I have to stop with my bad habit of posting seconds before I have to leave. My test was very easy, thanks Marie & Gali.

That Hertz swag to control seagulls.
The lightning episode was so good, the lenghts they go for science, like in that Pet episode.
These 5 minutes animes are so easy to marathon.

CorvoSol

There is literally an entire minute of a girl breathing heavily into a microphone. This show is what happens when you try some of the "herbal" solutions it is espousing.

CorvoSol

Episode 9 is going to break Corvo.

"Fields that are tilled only by the organisms living in them."

Because, you know, MANKIND ISN'T A FUCKING ORGANISM.

FARMING IS EVIL GUYS. CIVILIZATION IS EVIL BECAUSE IT PRODUCES FARMERS AND BURGERS AND TV.

Unbreakable Machine Girl 9
Henri is such a pleasant girl, fearing that she will be raped by any guy. This show loves its cliffhangers too much. Liked the variation of the ED for the 3rd girl automaton(her name is slipping my mind right now)

Soma

Yozakura Quartet Ep. 9

This show has been turning out a lot better than I expected. Even after watching (and loving) the Hoshi no Umi OVAs I didn't expect to enjoy Hana no Uta this much. Yeah sure the upskirts are kinda obnoxious at times but the characters are charming as hell and the animation is amazing. I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight have to end up considering this show for my end of year list if the show continues to be good by the time voting starts.

CorvoSol

I see Corvo still has much to learn from the mountain.

What I learned from the Mountain today: Hamburgers will ruin your tongue, and watching TV and weeding a field are sinful acts next only to farming in the tiers of pure evil.

But groping teenage ass and smoking? THAT IS A-OKAY.

If this old man lives so close to nature, where does he get money for smokes and lighters?

Narag

What I learned from the Mountain today: Hamburgers will ruin your tongue, and watching TV and weeding a field are sinful acts next only to farming in the tiers of pure evil.

But groping teenage ass and smoking? THAT IS A-OKAY.

If this old man lives so close to nature, where does he get money for smokes and lighters?

It speaks of how ill humanity truly is that such a man still has such vices.

CorvoSol

It speaks of how ill humanity truly is that such a man still has such vices.

But at least he ditched those horrible things like family and friends! That was surely motivated by his quest for harmony with nature and not his incessant need to grope teenage booty!

Quasar

Unbreakable Machine Girl 9
Henri is such a pleasant girl, fearing that she will be raped by any guy. This show loves its cliffhangers too much. Liked the variation of the ED for the 3rd girl automaton(her name is slipping my mind right now)

I didnt mind it either.

Also Ars Nova 9. Will Kongou be won over? She certainly is as emotional as some others. Well maybe not Hyouga.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
But at least he ditched those horrible things like family and friends! That was surely motivated by his quest for harmony with nature and not his incessant need to grope teenage booty!

If Juna had stated with the old man I could totally imagine flashing forward ten years to him being some kind of eco-hippie version of Craster from Game of Thrones.

Pokemon XY 8

Bonnie and Serena continue to be cute.

Wobbuffet dressing up was entertaining (10/10 braid outfit).

Ash was actually really competent in his battle against Team Rocket.

Team Rocket (Mainly James and his Inkay) showing they can be competent battlers themselves.

Pretty decent filler episode overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom