• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

DTL did you watch this week's Gundam Build Fighters yet?

w09qwPJl.png

rip

cajunator

Banned
Non non Biyori 9

Very cute episode. the way Renge convinced Candy Store to come to the cultural festival was amazingly cute. Hotaru was pretty cute in her cat ears. Expected it to be a failure. Dat last scene tho. Real shocker
for Natsumi that is

This show is so ridiculously adorable. Its perfect.

Narag

Dog Days 12

Ep is something of a let down after the serious business stuff that had just concluded. Episode 11 seemed like it'd be enough really but I guess this is meant to be a more personal farewell.

cajunator

Banned
Dog Days 12

Ep is something of a let down after the serious business stuff that had just concluded. Episode 11 seemed like it'd be enough really but I guess this is meant to be a more personal farewell.

Why isnt this licensed? It makes no sense.

Infinite stratos S2 - 07

Sigh
larry-mad%28b%29.gif

What are you doing ichika ?
WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
i'll comment this episode in reverse :

-First
the tournament .
We all know that ichika is denser than adamantium but he is trully master at pushing the right button yet failling to see the critical errors.. this whole misunderstanding with the 5 girls could be easily cleared by 1 simple sentence , but the protagonistis just too dumb to realise that this sentence is needed.

-Second - Sister???

Same problem here, the information you have is quite critical , "maybe another horimura ?" ..so why aren't you talking to your only familly left . The guy need to see his sister by coincidence and EVEN then , he isn't able to properly ask something that should be clear something like this : " the attacker i met last time told me that her name is .... , sis , do you know what this could mean ?"

Here , simple , clear , precise .. but NOPE he isn't even able to do that .

Third - On the bad guy side

They aren't even hiding the fact that they will betray each other... This is here in this scene that we needed internal monologues, not when cecilia and houki where changing after their exercises !

Fourth - The photo shot

Infinite%20Stratos%202%20-%2007.jpg

NO you're just taking a bribe!

That was like the less intresting photo shot i've seen in anime since ... god know when.
I wonder what the journalist found in this , because there was like no chemistry here , just embarassement.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING houki , wasting yet again a precious moment alone with ichika that wasn't interrupted ( unlike all the other girls )

Anime can you stop shipping houki up in front , if you try to make a harem comedy battle something ? Again , there is no balance in the characters in this anime. Some have way too many scenes , while others are just left behind.

Kyoukai no Kanata Idol Saiban! ~Mayoinagara mo Kimi wo Sabaku Tami~ 02

JDbP4eK.jpg

This needs to be a full series. Screw all the drama, we just need idols in courtrooms.

Narag

Dog Days 13 FIN
KzT6VMul.jpg

Episode in a nutshell.

Can better appreciate 12 after this one. Saying goodbye isn't easy!
Amnesia shit like this tears me up. smfh

---

Show ended up being nice lightweight comfort food anime.Will check out S2 one of these days.

Infinite stratos - 08
I feel like everyone is being stupid in this show

"Why are they so mad ?"
Goodness i had 1 cent each time this protagonist say this line i would be able to purchase a blu-ray player.
There is just so many reason to count i just can't list them all without going past the character limit to post.
I just don't understand HOW , goodness HOW someone could write a character like that.
And what's with the clichés situations, the weird encounters the predictable stuff.
Oh let's discuss the thing that should be secret in the middle of the hall while the girl is half naked ! yeahh GREAT IDEA !

sigh*

But this episode isn't bad ..it gave us this scene:
Infinite%20Stratos%202%20-%2008_01.jpg

Feel_good.jpg

Ichika , you deserve it .. Seriously.
I seriously watched this scene 4 times ! It feel so good to see a girl in this show slapping him..Damn

Infinite stratos S2 - 07

Anime can you stop shipping houki up in front , if you try to make a harem comedy battle something ? Again , there is no balance in the characters in this anime. Some have way too many scenes , while others are just left behind.

I just want to comment and say that Rin has got to win an award for being the most shafted harem member in anime, for quite some time.

Episode 5 of this season made that clear as day.

Quasar

I just want to comment and say that Rin has got to win an award for being the most shafted harem member in anime, for quite some time.

Given she's worst girl for me I'm not going to complain. As for Houki, I like her alot so more Houki is always good for me.

Narag

Galactic Gale Baxinger 2

Wqpg4FOl.png
kjWovIOl.png

Now these boys here made the mistake of bringing guns to a sword fight.

Wonder if the direction they're headed in one they'll stick with. First J9 series had the J9 Cosmorangers undermining the establishment in the name of justice. Seems like here it'll be more of a unifying force since it's like everything broke down over the years with the abundance of new planets in the solar system. They appear to be raising an army at any rate.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The walk to the shrine in Bakemonogatari was a pretty memorable sequence, so it felt extremely strange to see this week's episode of Monogatari more or less play it back. The sequence is much shorter in Monogatari, the cuts quick and disorienting as if being rushed through, and many important establishing and contextual shots were removed. It's also completely silent, outside of Kaiki's occasional footsteps. There was certainly the possibility here for Kaiki as a character to bring a cold and analytical tone to this walk as a contrast to Araragi's/Nadeko's, which was filled with tension, anticipation, a sense of bonding between characters. Instead the scene feels lifeless, quickly flipping through images as though Monogatari is embarrassed by how shamelessly it reuses art, and how poorly it rerenders identical scenes.

Matching up these identical shots yields what feels like missing pieces. Kaiki is simply absent from establishing shots that help establish scale.

This is a recurring theme, but even the perspective and artistry of certain shots is completely eviscerated as the show lazily adds signs of winter to the scene.

Even simple transitions are completely fumbled. Bakemonogatari would often start on small details and gradually bring the camera out to establish a larger picture. It's easy, but effective for communicating both the granular and the entirety of the location. Detail. Characters in relation to detail. Location and surroundings by zooming out. Visual trick that incorporates the location.

Monogatari uses three shots in an echo of the original. Here we have detail combined with the character's location. But immediately after that we wind up with Shaft reusing this overhead perspective that has lost its meaning as a zoom out of the previous shot, and then they have the gall to throw the trick in again. Is this supposed to be clever? A simple but ultimately insulting callback? It all goes by so quickly that it is difficult to even process the meaning.

For as interesting as the story of Monogatari has the potential to be, the execution on it is abhorrent even by Shaft standards. Not only is there a technical incompetence, but there isn't even passion infused into the project that could carry it in spite of its flaws. Everything here simply feels unearned.

i was actually saying this 2 weeks ago in this same thread but i wasn't up to date with the episodes.. but now it's clear that they aren't gonna change this

China is worst girl, though.
Given she's worst girl for me I'm not going to complain. As for Houki, I like her alot so more Houki is always good for me.

She is only the worst girl because we know sh*t about her. she isn't just a childhood friend , she share that aspect with houki. There is like nothing that make her different ( at least going by the anime ) Cecillia is the oujo-sama , houki the "real childhood friend, laura has her delusion and her attitude , same with charlotte , but rin has nothing that make her stand out , nothing "unique" .. heck even the new girl ( or should i say the "new girls" ) have distinct features that make them complete characters.
To say how the author doesn't care, she isn't even in the same classroom as the 4 main girls.

-------------
Infinite stratos S2 - 09

There was some battles and some teamwork , but we didn't see much since the focus was on one battle only , that is yet again a big missed opportunity.
Will ichika EVER manage to keep his energy jauge full ? The guy has the same problem EACH time since season 1. I didn't even see what could have happenned during that fight that could have depleted his energy jauge that way.

Infinite%20Stratos%202%20-%2009.jpg

A decision ? ??

This girl had a legitimate reason to be crying and depressed. The thing is she only stayed in this state for 5 minutes only ... that's a new record. I liked that fact that she tried..that's good enough i guess.

Tenumi

Banned
All this anime I need to catch up on....

At least I finally found a Christmas time avatar. Not 100% sure I'm satisfied with it, though.

Silky

Banned
Log Horizon 08

God damn, Henrietta. Cold blooded hustler.

I really hope that the rest of the guild leaders aren't that gullible, though. I had to rewatch this episode because the first time I wasn't really feeling this, but now it's warming up to me.

I like this "Villain in Glassies" personae Shiroe is portrayed as by others in the anime. Makes it seem as if we really are dealing with one of the smartest characters in this show.

CorvoSol

I still need to watch an episode of Valvrave, but man, I feel sorta burnt out after expending all that energy on hating on Arjuna.

Soma

Alright about to start Space Battleship Yamato 2199. I watched the first two episodes a few months ago but for whatever reason forgot about it. Now that its completed and has been getting really good impressions I'm gonna try to finish it before the year is over.

Narag

Alright about to start Space Battleship Yamato 2199. I watched the first two episodes a few months ago but for whatever reason forgot about it. Now that its completed and has been getting really good impressions I'm gonna try to finish it before the year is over.

I'm hoping to soon myself. Need to knock out a handful of other things before AOTY voting.

jbug617

Banned

China and England are the worst girls on the show but China gets shafted the most.

Now I wish I'd bought Tales of Xillia.

Welp, time to buy Tales of Xilla.

Oh man, that game. That has got to be one of the most forgettable Tales games I've ever played.

It wasn't bad, it was actually really fun. But compared to Tales of Graces, there wasn't much to do after the ending. Tales of Graces at least had some kind of challenge mode where you could re-battle bosses with special conditions. Ah well. The story in Xillia was at least leagues better than Graces' story. Jude >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Asbel.

Arpeggio of blue steel - 09

Feel so good to watch an actual great anime after IS .
This was a good decision to keep it for last.
Arpeggio%20of%20Blue%20Steel%20-%20Ars%20Nova%20-%2009.jpg

This is a tsundere character i can enjoy seeing on screen.

Battle : Awesome
Everyone faces & reactions : Awesome
All 3 kongo discussions : Excellent
Dat
i hack you from behind
: superb
Dat just as expected tactics : superb
Hyuuga faces : Awesome
Takao reactions : Awesome
We're gonna provide some fanservice but we'll still censor it : meh
That ending : so freaking awesome and unexpected.

Now this is what i call an anime episode well done

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh man, that game. That has got to be one of the most forgettable Tales games I've ever played.

It wasn't bad, it was actually really fun. But compared to Tales of Graces, there wasn't much to do after the ending. Tales of Graces at least had some kind of challenge mode where you could re-battle bosses with special conditions. Ah well. The story in Xillia was at least leagues better than Graces' story. Jude >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Asbel.

Vesperia is still my favorite of the bunch. Over 300 hrs spent on that game. Luckily I'll get to play Xilla and Graces back to back since I (finally) got a PS3 :D.

Being worse than Assbel is more of an accomplishment than being better than Assbel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom