• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
New samumenco character has a good design.
tumblr_mx7prxbVha1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

OceanBlue

China and England are the worst girls on the show but China gets shafted the most.

Honestly, it doesn't help that they were introduced so quickly. Charlotte at least got some time to separate herself from the rest of the cast and Laura was the villain for a while. Even if they've kinda been assimilated into the harem blob too, they've still kinda retained their own character enough to be distinct. Cecilia and Lin are almost side characters who only exist to provide competition to Houki and the others, and that's a shame for people who are fans of their characters.

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of haughty, ojou-sama Yukana, so I'm not a big fan of Cecilia either. Her voice is too squeaky for me at times. I prefer her voicing characters like C.C. and Ai from Amagami.

Oh man, that game. That has got to be one of the most forgettable Tales games I've ever played.

It wasn't bad, it was actually really fun. But compared to Tales of Graces, there wasn't much to do after the ending. Tales of Graces at least had some kind of challenge mode where you could re-battle bosses with special conditions. Ah well. The story in Xillia was at least leagues better than Graces' story. Jude >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Asbel.

Graces was the straw that broke my back regarding the Tales games :(. I got to the final dungeon and couldn't be bothered to finish it because I didn't care enough. The gameplay was okay but if I wanted to play a game for the gameplay, I'd play a fighting game or some other type of multiplayer game.

Hopefully I can hype myself up for the next iteration or get Xillia for cheap somewhere. Otherwise it's just Persona and the Atelier series for my console JRPG needs.

Syrinx

Oh man, that game. That has got to be one of the most forgettable Tales games I've ever played.

It wasn't bad, it was actually really fun. But compared to Tales of Graces, there wasn't much to do after the ending. Tales of Graces at least had some kind of challenge mode where you could re-battle bosses with special conditions. Ah well. The story in Xillia was at least leagues better than Graces' story. Jude >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Asbel.

I quit playing Graces after a while partly because Asbel was such a wiener. God he was awful.

Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 42

Ode to Shroom head.

All this did was give shipping details. When Karen wanted to save Nozomi and friends, she said "Kurumi and the others", continuing the KarenxKurumi line. Nuts wasn't seperated from Komachi, so there's that. Karen apparently wants more than one person, so STRONG FEELINGS THERE! Urara's strong feeling for Syrup brings him from 40 theives (HAH) into one being to save him. I KNOW YOU WELL YES PRECURE 5! ALL TOO WELL!

Damn spend 12 minutes making gifs for arpeggio but i can't post them because they are NFSW.

Why did i do that ? ( can't hurt to be cautious ) ...

Anyway .

Do not worry , you'll have more when the extension Xillia 2 will add everything that was missing

Finished that one too it's even better ( story ) than the first and it has a much better battle system.

Ufotable & namco should have some Xillia Oavs

Vesperia is still my favorite of the bunch. Over 300 hrs spent on that game. Luckily I'll get to play Xilla and Graces back to back since I (finally) got a PS3 :D.

Good games. Have fun.

Being worse than Assbel is more of an accomplishment than being better than Assbel

Worst. Tales Character. Ever. I don't know who can possibly stoop lower than Asbel.

Seriously, he
practically flat out IGNORES the fact that his best friend practically killed tens of his people whom Asbel knew as a child after his fight with him when Sophie gets her memory back. He just passively mentions it in a skit. "Richard? Oh yeah, he's upset. Let's go see the president so my brother won't get fired." We'll talk to Richard later." Yeah, after the whole "YOU BETRAYED ME" I'm sure a little cool down in his room is exactly what he needs to go back to normal. Ignore the demonic aura coming from him during the battle while your at it too!

Bombless

Damn spend 12 minutes making gifs for arpeggio but i can't post them because they are NFSW.

Why did i do that ? ( can't hurt to be cautious ) ...

Anyway.

The changing scene is worth those 12 minutes!

I agree with your review 100% btw. Damn it, one WHOLE week to wait now.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Would you rather have us use words? Truly, you have learned nothing from the mountain.

Upon reading this post on my laptop, my eyes momentarily bulged, after which I leaned backward, and, turning my head away, closed my eyes and pursed my lips in an expression of sublime euphoria. Resting my elbow on the arm of my chair, I gently placed knuckle to tooth as if to channel away a giddy smile that threatened to erupt uncontrollably across my face into a subtle but infinitely more charismatic curl of my magnificent Spanish lip. I am beautiful. So, so beautiful.

zeroshiki

Upon reading this post on my laptop, my eyes momentarily bulged, after which I leaned backward, and, turning my head away, closed my eyes and pursed my lips in an expression of sublime euphoria. Resting my elbow on the arm of my chair, I gently placed knuckle to tooth as if to channel away a giddy smile that threatened to erupt uncontrollably across my face into a subtle but infinitely more charismatic curl of my magnificent Spanish lip. I am beautiful. So, so beautiful.

(;ω;)

I sit in my car with a burger in my hand, and eyes close. The immense feelings of reading this caused me to raise my fist in the air, shouting "Dayum" three times. Each one with more feeling than the last.

Do not worry , you'll have more when the extension Xillia 2 will add everything that was missing

Finished that one too it's even better ( story ) than the first and it has a much better battle system.

Ufotable & namco should have some Xillia Oavs

I don't know...I'm a bit uneasy with a silent protagonist in a Tales game. A Tales game that's a sequel nonetheless. It would just feel weird. I mean, how does he work in the skits? Does he just make random facial expressions with "..." on the bottom of the screen?

I just don't know if it's appropriate given that I really like the character interaction in Tales games. I'll still get it though.

Good games. Have fun.

Worst. Tales Character. Ever. I don't know who can possibly stoop lower than Asbel.

Seriously, he
practically flat out IGNORES the fact that his best friend practically killed tens of his people whom Asbel knew as a child after his fight with him when Sophie gets her memory back. He just passively mentions it in a skit. "Richard? Oh yeah, he's upset. Let's go see the president so my brother won't get fired." We'll talk to Richard later." Yeah, after the whole "YOU BETRAYED ME" I'm sure a little cool down in his room is exactly what he needs to go back to normal. Ignore the demonic aura coming from him during the battle while your at it too!

Considering
the rampant denial that's been going on alone was enough to make him awful. Nevermind just how awkward she was with Cheria

...Actually fuck Cheria too.

Branduil

Wearing my fabulous green doublet and matching braided earrings, I shudder in pain as I touch my aching right eye. Agony overwhelms me as a I grasp my head with both hands, before falling as dead into a beautiful red rosebush, my thunderous fall sending the innocent buds flying. All is enveloped by white light as a young boy with the voice of a tiger screams out my name in agitated fear and concern.

I don't know...I'm a bit uneasy with a silent protagonist in a Tales game. A Tales game that's a sequel nonetheless. It would just feel weird. I mean, how does he work in the skits? Does he just make random facial expressions with "..." on the bottom of the screen?

I just don't know if it's appropriate given that I really like the character interaction in Tales games. I'll still get it though.

Actually you're not far from the truth.
He is not a normal silent protagonist , he is just a character like all the others , he just hasn't any voiced lines during dialog.The game has lots of choices ( timed or not ) and it's up to you to choose what you want to say .

It works just like the other silent protagonists..you can activate his voice , but he will only say his choices out loud , not 100 % part of the conversation.

In all the other instances , you'll hear grunts , moans and other stuff just like a normal character

Don't worry you'll have to big dose of characterisation

jediyoshi

Non Non Biyori 9

7HlEK40.png

WLEuWB9.png

Great ep, though the animation was a little flat this time around.

Glad hairclips was around for most of the episode and renge had some time with the recorder again. A little short on hotaru appearances.

Tanuki komari was incredible. That performance scene is going to be pure healing for a good long time.

Yes! Precure 5 GoGo 43

Shit's starting to get real, and they just remembered King Montblanc existed.

A firm display of wheelchair combat was had.

Gazoinks

Clannad 19

Now that we've got the incredibly tedious drama club arc out of the way, we get the best episode in quite awhile. Some nice sweet moments, some nice sadder moments, and some actually funny comedy. Even Nagisa was actually decent this time. I think I can predict her drama though.

Still no idea what's up with the robot and the girl.

cajunator

Banned
Non Non Biyori 9

7HlEK40.png

WLEuWB9.png

Great ep, though the animation was a little flat this time around.

Glad hairclips was around for most of the episode and renge had some time with the recorder again. A little short on hotaru appearances.

Tanuki komari was incredible. That performance scene is going to be pure healing for a good long time.

This show is like sweet candy for the soul

Clannad 19

Now that we've got the incredibly tedious drama club arc out of the way, we get the best episode in quite awhile. Some nice sweet moments, some nice sadder moments, and some actually funny comedy. Even Nagisa was actually decent this time. I think I can predict her drama though.

You'll ask yourself the same question all throughout the anime until near the end

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Infinite Stratos S2 8

Quit giving Houki screen time!

Really predicable episode. They hit just about every cliche in the book. At least it wasn't a total fan-service bonanza.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad 19

Just wait, AS is coming up.

The robot thing doesn't get explained for a long time. But keep your eyes on it.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I'm really sorry for asking this strange question but...

There is a lot of breast fondling in anime between close female friends regardless of the parties' sexuality. Without getting I to the topic of whether I personally want to see this or not, why isn't there an equivalent act for close male friends... I thought of equivalent scenarios involving male exogenous regions and pens and even scrotum fondling seem a bit much. I don't know if I can rule them out though as possible alternative because the undesirableness of the activity to me leaves me a little bias. Are their any equivalents
DTL
?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

There is a lot of breast fondling in anime between close female friends regardless of the parties' sexuality. Without getting I to the topic of whether I personally want to see this or not, why isn't there an equivalent act for close male friends... I thought of equivalent scenarios involving male exogenous regions and pens and even scrotum fondling seem a bit much. I don't know if I can rule them out though as possible alternative because the undesirableness of the activity to me leaves me a little bias. Are their any equivalents
DTL
?
Much of the time, women in anime fondle each other for the benefit of the male viewer.

Vito

Banned
Haikyuu!! finally got its pv added!

Noooo! Nobody can post PVs while I'm asleep! RAGE... or something. Anyhow pretty sure it's up on youtube but since I'm reupping it for myself:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17xjgh

And " STAR BLAZERS YAMATO NEWS 001 " lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR71MSl3vIs

Oh, damn Haikyuu PV took ages to DL... day 2 of TRSI sales should be up in a few minutes as well:

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday/12days02/

DTL
?

Why don't men in anime run into each other and fall into compromising positions?

Digimon Xros Wars 10-11

eSBVjrDl.jpg

Of course the special had to contain an AKB voiced cat girl.

Lilithmon was the star even if it was an useless Akari focused episode. Hell, the whole Nene's hiding something in her sleeve was a lot more interesting than whatever drama Akari was dragging around.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Well. Besides NSFW stuff? I'd assume they like when men take off their shirts and rub their nipples together.

"your nipples are so big shiro-senpai!"

Even that's like next-level stuff when lady characters do it.

You hit on an important point. I guess I just find it weird and difficult to except that what female readers/viewers find sexually interesting really escalates (from my observations) compared to acts that seem more gradually escalated amongst male readers/viewers. I'm not sure why that is though... I have theories.

Why don't men in anime run into each other and fall into compromising positions?

I suppose the lazy answer to all of this is that otakudom, particularly anime, caters to a predominately male audience however if we ignore the mater of demographic proportionality, I wonder if complementary gender-biased sexualized tropes can be identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom