• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
chuunibyou episoe 11
wheres my happy times, and good feels, and I dont even know
if they're stil a couple or not
, its not bad for the drama, it is an actual issue she had but dont think it needed to go this much =/

Quasar

My Little Monster OVA

tonariova.jpg

Basically this was a gag episode with the characters set in the Edo period and it ends with
chicken aliens.
By far the best episode.

I do wish I could have this as a series.

Jintor

My Little Monster OVA

tonariova.jpg

Basically this was a gag episode with the characters set in the Edo period and it ends with
chicken aliens.
By far the best episode.

oh my god give it to me now

I had to cross my eyes to avoid your spoiler while quoting lol

Jintor

Really, really enjoying Log Horizon. Glad they acknowledged that Shiroe is basically evil overlording the rest of them though, but that's what happens when you're developing a legal system fresh and need to find a way to create enforcement powers when combat is not allowed! (Although apparently breaking hands isn't combat, go figure).

What kind of crazy MMO allows players to buy essential services like guild creation and banking though?

LordCanti

Kyousougiga 08

Sooooo....
papa-chan is definitely the villain. He sired a monster capable of destroying existence and kept his "children" locked in an an alt-verse.

I mean, yeah, Row Row Fight Da Powa and all that, but mannnnnn.

Great episode.

Jintor

You can't. You can buy buildings and IIRC this was only possible after everyone became trapped in the game.

Okay, makes more sense. Can't remember if they specified that the Guild Hall being buyable was new, but it seems like something they said.

Good thing 'the Apocolypse' happened and basically threw out the game balance, lol

jgminto

Is Dandy's VO any good? Nothing's really sticking out to me other than Dallas from Baccano! and he didn't get too much screen time.

Jarmel

Banned
Kyousougiga- 8

This show loves to talk in riddles and obfuscation despite numerous characters asking for a clear and straight explanation. There does seem to be answers there but the way they just keep delaying having someone just explain basic stuff is unnecessarily irksome.

yami4ct

Space Dandy dub cast looks pretty decent. Good mix of familiar and VAs I don't know. I'll probably watch both the dub and sub for a while until I stabilize into which one I like better, but so far so good.

Alot of people were hoping for Steve Blum

I honestly don't know why. Dandy is a very, very different character from your typical Blum role. You can see that from the trailers. If people are hoping Space Dandy is going to be the next Bebop, they're going to end up really disappointed. Blum is a talented VA, but I don't think he has the range to pull off the hyper goofiness it appears Dandy has.

Crocodile

I honestly don't know why. Dandy is a very, very different character from your typical Blum role. You can see that from the trailers. If people are hoping Space Dandy is going to be the next Bebop, they're going to end up really disappointed. Blum is a talented VA, but I don't think he has the range to pull off the hyper goofiness it appears Dandy has.

Let's be honest, I feel that applies to a non-zero number of Gaffers and an even greater number of non-Gaffers :p

yami4ct

Let's be honest, I feel that applies to a non-zero number of Gaffers and an even greater number of non-Gaffers :p

If you've seen any of the trailers, I'm not sure how you could ever expect a serious show like bebop. Heck, the character art alone confirms they're going for a more pulp Sci-Fi show. Expecting it to be like Bebop just because Watanabe's name on it and it's space just seems to me like you're paying zero attention.

Crocodile

If you've seen any of the trailers, I'm not sure how you could ever expect a serious show like bebop. Heck, the character art alone confirms they're going for a more pulp Sci-Fi show. Expecting it to be like Bebop just because Watanabe's name on it and it's space just seems to me like you're paying zero attention.

I don't disagree at all. I'm just saying that I'm 100% sure there will be people both inside and outside of GAF (not necessarily Anime-Gaf or Toonami-Gaf regulars but rather more casual fans) whose major critique of Space Dandy will be "this isn't Cowboy Bebop". I saw the exact same thing happen with Samurai Champloo.

Blood Lad OVA
The cat guy was fun and the western look was cool. Kind of funny when Staz refused to give Fuyumi blood and then she started disappearing. The final scene after the ED was fairly awesome

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
after years of following this thread, trying to keep up on fansubs torrents, etc... I finally gave up. Now years later I find crunchyroll and have to say... best $7/month spent, ever. Watch through my apple tv and I feel like I am finally able to keep up on this stuff.

So far just making it through Samurai Flamenco (hilariously offbeat) and Attack on Titan.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
after years of following this thread, trying to keep up on fansubs torrents, etc... I finally gave up. Now years later I find crunchyroll and have to say... best $7/month spent, ever. Watch through my apple tv and I feel like I am finally able to keep up on this stuff.

So far just making it through Samurai Flamenco (hilariously offbeat) and Attack on Titan.
I can't imagine keeping up on torrents would be that difficult unless you were trying to grab a ton of shows each season, which is ill advised.

Crocodile

Post again after you've seen episode 7 ;)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I can't imagine keeping up on torrents would be that difficult unless you were trying to grab a ton of shows each season, which is ill advised.

yeah, basically.. and not being steeped in the seasons per se, it made it very difficult to find new shows without trying a lot, which then again would often lead to lots of torrents, etc.. uggh..

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
yeah, basically.. and not being steeped in the seasons per se, it made it very difficult to find new shows without trying a lot, which then again would often lead to lots of torrents, etc.. uggh..
What I usually do is let everyone else try stuff for me, and then I pick up what seemed to pan out afterward.

But there are shows I'm particularly interested enough to watch them week to week.

Heysoos

Nagi no Asukara 10

Hikari is going to
end up alone isn't he?
:( Can't believe this is 26 episodes though. Not that it's a bad thing.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's not end spoiler, it's ep9 spoiler. It's pretty much true, yeah though that second part it's too soon to judge imo :<

this is a sick sick show either way.

yeah, I realized I'd got the end part wrong too late. Didn't even notice the imgur link in the pastebin so I assumed this was a translation of some anonymous leak instead of some text explaining the context for a screencap >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom