• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owwari

Banned
Nagi no Asukara 10

Yeaaaaaaaaah dropped.
Can't handle this forced melodrama any longer. Drama for the sake of drama is never good, at least not for me.

Jarmel

Banned
It's what we in these parts like to call anime.

Nah, the West did it first and better.

giphy.gif

Some HappinessCharge Precure shit

幸野 心音 Kouno Kokone (Cure Lovely)
姫野 雅 Himeno Miyabi (Cure Princess)
吉良 ほたる Kira Hotaru (Cure Honey)

Purple is rumored to be Cure Fortune.

Heysoos

I saw Valvrave 21 up on CR a few minutes before it's simulcast airing and now it's gone. Apparently Crunchy does this sometimes. I wonder what the reason is.

Vecks

Pokemon XY 9
Lol, well, can't say I expected that to be the reason why Clemont wasn't taking care of his gym. The battle was pretty good this time around, and the ep as a whole had great pacing. I probably mentioned this before, but I haven't really watched Pokemon until this season, and I must say that I'm really enjoying the OST. It's got that grand (and nostalgic) JRPG feel to it.

And the best part of this episode? No team rocket--at all.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito - Episode 4

More forgettable characters introduced, then they die so no changes there at least. Preview for next episode looks...interesting to say the least.

cnet128

Banned

Pooya

Coppelion - 10

Well, this week wasn't so bad, some cool funny action set pieces. No-Sense is the best bro. This show started looking really grim and quiet, now its mood is completely different. It also looked a bit closer to quality of earlier episodes after looking quite ugly for a bit.

1386268866-3.jpg

this is blue because electricity, guys. it's not a filter just because.

Next week looks quite exciting, FINAL BOSS arrives.

Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 10 White World

Well Mirai definitely deserved it and had it coming.
Hopefully Hiromi was not a part of this plan so he could remain pure. Cant believe that was the entire purpose to mirai, makes her seem even worse of a character than I could even imagine. Older Nase too even

Pokemon Origin Episode 2
tumblr_muqznm3OQ21ssfi94o2_500.jpg

Was initialy confused why they would choose Pokemon Tower of all places to show and not some of the gym fights but then was able to see that they made an actually good decision. Hearing and seeing Green was litrally the best thing to this whole special series even,
and then at the end with him on the tree trying to say he didn't get scared and run out. Red will never forget the hug and tears even.

Some of the remixed or is it rearranged music could have had a faster pace to it, every song felt way slowed down.

CorvoSol

PREACHJUNA 5

What kind of person actually looks at water and says "Oh no there's fluoride in this, it isn't artsy at all." I mean seriously, that's who the writer is: that nutso who was worried about bodily fluids from Dr. Strangelove. This entire episode is like this. Observe:

THIS HAMBURGER TASTES LIKE DEFORESTATION!!!! Meanwhile, SEED, the good guys, have apparently released a virus that causes paralysis if you eat GMOs. These people are actually eco terrorists. Eco terrorists who are busy mind raping a teenage girl into doing their bidding. Oh and hand sanitizer is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL.

Query: does CGI that is the visual equivalent of ethnic cleansing help the environment?

Fuck you and your feelings mom! The environment is trying to teach us a lesson by making this hamburger kill my not-boyfriend! I don't give a shit about human beings! GMOs, mom! G MOTHER FUCKING Os.

And now medicine is poison. I'd just like to point out that this show is actively encouraging teenagers to not use medicine. I mean, sure, sometimes people take a pill for everything, but teaching people that they can get along without relying so much on the artificial, but teaching people that medicine is poisoning them is seriously problematic.

And that's the problem with Arjuna. More than the message, its the delivery. Nothing can be done in a subtle way. The idea that Arjuna can't eat city food after enjoying delicious natural food could work and send the message that maybe we should eat more delicious natural food and less manufactured food (or whatever), but making Arjuna scream after barely biting a burger and making medicine and burgers kill Tokio is just way, way overboard.

To be perfectly honest, I'm sort of annoyed with the idea that food and medicine make Juna freak out, but not clothing, which is just as mechanical. Not that I honestly want to see Juna naked because she probably doesn't shave because its killing hair or because razors are Satan's swords or God only knows I mean hand soap has already been shown to be evil.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
CorvoSol: It's more about the rampant overuse of anti-biotics and the attitude that all bacteria are bad. Now, you might wonder why wasn't it more clear about this and why didn't it go about things differently, but then it wouldn't be Arjuna.

A lot of what the show brings up are valid and important issues. The show is just incapable of handling them well.

CorvoSol

CorvoSol: It's more about the rampant overuse of anti-biotics and the attitude that all bacteria are bad. Now, you might wonder why wasn't it more clear about this and why didn't it go about things differently, but then it wouldn't be Arjuna.

A lot of what the show brings up are valid and important issues. The show is just incapable of handling them well.

Well yeah, like I said, I don't think the message is what pisses me off. It's the delivery, specifically that every single thing is overblown. Why couldn't Tokio just feel ill? Why does he have to be dying?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
KLK Ep 10 makes up for the offbalance past few episodes

and the preview looks awesome, i think it's finally happening

cajunator

Banned
Nah, I hate her because she seems to be that ditzy, happy about being klutzy character that Japan seems to find to be cute yet to me seems absolutely moronic. Also super generic.

But those are the BEST characters!

after years of following this thread, trying to keep up on fansubs torrents, etc... I finally gave up. Now years later I find crunchyroll and have to say... best $7/month spent, ever. Watch through my apple tv and I feel like I am finally able to keep up on this stuff.

So far just making it through Samurai Flamenco (hilariously offbeat) and Attack on Titan.

Crunchyroll is a great service. Im happy that todays anime fans have this option. Its come a long way since the days of much less legal ways of having to resort to watching. People can preview something easily and it does probably lead to better sales if its good.

Galilei Donna ep9 spoilers: http://pastebin.com/nWW6yRcG

can't say that I don't want it to memorably go down in flames if only to give meaning to my suffering.

Could this be list worthy?

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito - Episode 4

More forgettable characters introduced, then they die so no changes there at least. Preview for next episode looks...interesting to say the least.

Keeeeep going! Does it make sense yet?

cajunator

Banned
PREACHJUNA 5

What kind of person actually looks at water and says "Oh no there's fluoride in this, it isn't artsy at all." I mean seriously, that's who the writer is: that nutso who was worried about bodily fluids from Dr. Strangelove. This entire episode is like this. Observe:

THIS HAMBURGER TASTES LIKE DEFORESTATION!!!! Meanwhile, SEED, the good guys, have apparently released a virus that causes paralysis if you eat GMOs. These people are actually eco terrorists. Eco terrorists who are busy mind raping a teenage girl into doing their bidding. Oh and hand sanitizer is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL.

Query: does CGI that is the visual equivalent of ethnic cleansing help the environment?

Fuck you and your feelings mom! The environment is trying to teach us a lesson by making this hamburger kill my not-boyfriend! I don't give a shit about human beings! GMOs, mom! G MOTHER FUCKING Os.

And now medicine is poison. I'd just like to point out that this show is actively encouraging teenagers to not use medicine. I mean, sure, sometimes people take a pill for everything, but teaching people that they can get along without relying so much on the artificial, but teaching people that medicine is poisoning them is seriously problematic.

And that's the problem with Arjuna. More than the message, its the delivery. Nothing can be done in a subtle way. The idea that Arjuna can't eat city food after enjoying delicious natural food could work and send the message that maybe we should eat more delicious natural food and less manufactured food (or whatever), but making Arjuna scream after barely biting a burger and making medicine and burgers kill Tokio is just way, way overboard.

To be perfectly honest, I'm sort of annoyed with the idea that food and medicine make Juna freak out, but not clothing, which is just as mechanical. Not that I honestly want to see Juna naked because she probably doesn't shave because its killing hair or because razors are Satan's swords or God only knows I mean hand soap has already been shown to be evil.

I am enjoying this so much. Theres a certain episode in particular you will probably go all :corvo.
I cant wait :D

Yami to Broccoli to Hon no Tabibito: Episode 5

So the whole broccoli thing takes up about 5 minutes of the entire thing. What is broccoli? Is raw broccoli good? How seductively can we make a scantily clad girl eat a piece of broccoli? It's all answered here!
Going past the ethics of broccoli and the harshest filters yet lets go to see some cave people who are even more braindead than the ones in the Super Mario World cartoon. Our Oogtar of the group is called Quille Remember that!!!
Did I mention before that the music in this is really bad. That random panflute noise halfway through this episode is really jarring and I'm not sure what they were thinking there.
Then Quille then gets offered to Lillith as her dinner tonight and she's completely fine with that but then a strange cat thing with massive lopsided eyes appears and causes no trouble at all because this anime can't do tension properly.

In the next episode:

cajunator

Banned

So the whole broccoli thing takes up about 5 minutes of the entire thing. What is broccoli? Is raw broccoli good? How seductively can we make a scantily clad girl eat a piece of broccoli? It's all answered here!
Going past the ethics of broccoli and the harshest filters yet lets go to see some cave people who are even more braindead than the ones in the Super Mario World cartoon. Our Oogtar of the group is called Quille Remember that!!!
Did I mention before that the music in this is really bad. That random panflute noise halfway through this episode is really jarring and I'm not sure what they were thinking there.
Then Quille then gets offered to Lillith as her dinner tonight and she's completely fine with that but then a strange cat thing with massive lopsided eyes appears and causes no trouble at all because this anime can't do tension properly.

In the next episode:

BUT WHATS HER NAME?

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 10

Whew, thankfully this episode didn't kill (la kill) the pacing like I was fearing. Best episode in a while, after some episodes where it felt like it was kinda spinning without going anywhere. Seems like it's hopefully getting back on track now. Stuff may even actually get real for reals at some point.

Syrinx

In the next episode:

Let's review.

What was her name?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 10:

Well now, that episode certainly contained a massive dose of character development as indeed we get the expected insights into Houka Inumuta and Nonon Jakuzure as we get two battles for the price of one. Also, the more we learn about the henchmen, the more we are learning about Lady Satsuki. Hell, even Ruyko gets a smidge of that this episode as we learn that Mako's antics actually soothe her and make her relax. Indeed, Nonnon raises a good point, what is Satsuki planning, somebody so cruel and icey is now showing mercy. Also, this episode contains your recommended dose of 100 percent pure distilled liquid crystal Les Yay. Maybe not even that since it does seem that Nonnon is in love with Satsuki, though I get the feeling that such emotions may not be reciprocal. The Senketsku is also evolving at a rapid rate, too rapid for some and it seems Nudist Beach is re-entering the picture along with a new player. Yea, all and all this was a damn good episode.

Gazoinks

Samurai Flamenco 09

The mood whiplash in this show is insane.

Turns out King Torture isn't what's his face. Now I'm legitimately curious to find out who he is, since he has all this meta knowledge about the genre.

Jarmel

Banned
Kill La Kill 10-

These fights have really not been that interesting. The Inumata fight was boring and while the Nonon fight was better, it's still missing some oomph to it. The choreography is just flat as fuck. Also Satsuki being a philosopher at the age of like 5 is ridiculous.

cnet128

Banned
So gais, is it a good or a bad thing that I have Rin dressed up in this costume in Project mirai 2 primarily because it makes her look kind of like Kon?

(Admittedly the mofumofu is missing, but it's Rin and Rin is amazing so that kind of makes up for it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom