• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some shows with a lot of potential imho. The one I think sounds the best is the one of the outcast prince from a destroyed country who wanders around and learns about friendship and shit.

His knowledge on fecal matter becomes damn good.

Gazoinks

Looooot of romance next season, apparently. Also two sci-fi Nobunaga shows for some strange reason. I hope Wizard Barristers is awesome.

LordCanti

Kyousougiga 09

Nothing about that encounter with
the head priest
was very interesting to me. He didn't really...do anything. Shrine was
set up as this powerful organization
and the payoff to that was
"Lol nope I'm basically God cause he's lazy and Shrine can't touch me"
which makes the rest of the plot a bit...mmm...

The animation was off this episode as well, with a lot of pans over still shots.

Kansoku

Anichart.net

Decided to check TBA , and God, I can't believe this exists
20547.jpg

Is free any good?

Is it just a shounen sports series?

It's ok but the terrible KyoAni DRAMA ruins the last few episodes.

The first few episodes were fun especially with all the drama being interlayed there leading to the fun Rin is probably dead jokes going around.
I still believe.

Is free any good?

Is it just a shounen sports series?

Personally, It is the best anime to ever air, excellent action in both the water and out of it. The music is also excellent and there is actually deep character interaction. It also has the best OP song (Rage On) this year and ED (Splash Free, and all remixes).

Next season is looking good. You've got your usual suspects: cute girls do jack shit show, some creepy little sister show, your lesbian show, your fan service anime and the saviour of anime aka Space Dandy.

Gazoinks

welp. Any excuse I had for still trying to agree with this guy here and now, maybe defending him every now and then, are now practically gone. http://kotaku.com/noucome-is-this-past-season-s-funniest-anime-1482502337

...I don't think that's what layered humor means. I think the phrase this guy is looking for is "Something happens which causes another thing to happen". Doesn't layered humor mean something that's funny on multiple levels?

Kotakuanime is still redeemed by that one article praising Steins;Gate though.

Quasar

To be fair, like what comedic shows have even aired this season? Valvrave and parts of KLK are the only ones ringing a bell for me right now.

Non Non was funnier than Noucome. Noucome was anti-funny. Like that werewolf ex-cop show last year.

cnet128

Banned
Goddammit where are all the people who watched more than like two episodes of NouCome to back me up that it was a legitimately entertaining show.

Serious

You're wrong. NouKome is a bad show, but it was amusing at times. YuuShibu wasn't unless you consider constant in-your-face fanservice funny.

I do agree that Yuushibu hasn't been all that funny.

It's still been consistently enjoyable regardless. Fino's too damn cute and honestly, I feel it's been handling the work SoL aspects better than SxS or Maou-sama did. Plus I'm not allergic to fanservice.

To be fair, like what comedic shows have even aired this season? Valvrave and parts of KLK are the only ones ringing a bell for me right now.

I'd choose Outbreak Company anyday. And that's IF I had to choose.

But saying "is the best comedy" for a "it's the only comedy" situation is very misleading. The issue is this guy has said before SAO is good, and has also said that Cowboy Bebop is crap.

It's ok if you think CB wasn't all that, but to say it's a legitimate bad show with nothing to back it up besides "I didn't enjoy it" takes a very special kind of person. Especially when you like other shows most people with a sense of taste frown upon.

But I don't really want to get on quality vs taste.

cnet128

Banned
Er, NouCome was pretty built on constant in-your-face fanservice humor as well.

Eh, YuuShibu and NouCome are both fanservice-laden to be sure, but I'd say the focus of the two shows feels pretty different.

YuuShibu is a fanservice show with comedy elements - its main appeal is in the cuteness of its girls (well, mainly Fino), and the fanservice and SOL-style character interaction is clearly more prominent than any humour.

Whereas NouCome is a comedy show with fanservice elements - the focus is on the wacky humorous hijinks. The fanservice elements, while very much present, are ultimately secondary to that, and to an extent exist to serve the humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom