• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Valvrave 22

Man, everybody had me all concerned that this episode was going to suck going into it, but honestly I thought this freaking rocked. People who didn't like it just don't appreciate the madness.

I mean this episode had those garish CG space suits, guys. That was something that was completely unnecessary and entirely awkward. We're not saving money on animating mechs, we're doing it by not even bothering to animate things that aren't dudes faces. Those CG space suits are the goddamn future. That is the horrible CG of progress, guys.

Moving beyond that, we had
bitchmode Shoko taken down like seven pegs. We had L-Elf flat out lay into Haruto and finally tear that idealistic dreck out of his head. Oh sure nobody was parting the red sea today, but we did have something unspoken but awesome begin. We had the birth of an empire.

Except, unlike Loldouche, I kinda actually want Haruto and L-Elf to win.

Also if this show isn't a stealth sequel to Code Geass, I would be legitimately surprised. This show riffs that one so much they just have to be related.

Best mecha show of the year. Sorry, Gargantia.

Vecks

Is free any good?

Is it just a shounen sports series?

I really wouldn't consider Free to even be a shounen sports series. I can't really put my finger on the genre. The closest thing I can think of is that it's like K-On... but with guys.

CorvoSol

Coppelion 11

Honestly this show is a LOT better when it is focusing on people in at least somewhat realistic ways. The Ozu Sisters and Super Saiyan
Aoi
and the
Metal Gear
were all completely unnecessary concepts I was glad the episode abandoned quickly to focus instead on
the much more credible drama of the train situation, Haruto's belief in humanity, and the Ghost Commander's own inner struggles of the same kind.

When this show focuses on character driven drama it is fine. When it devolves into lightning bolts and force fields it sucks.

I really hope
Haruto didn't die for real, because I like his character. However, given two gunshot wounds, blood loss and having to survive in the wasteland on his own in spite of that I doubt he made it.

Rei (Free!) has some of the best fans.
BbZn1pHCcAEmRXu.jpg:large

Quasar

So both Yuushibu and Outbreak Company finally break out the serious parts of their concepts for the final two episodes. Well...Outbreak at least touched on it before.

With the latter...I did wonder if Shinichi would just spill the beans, request asylum and defend his new homeland.

Quasar

But Shin'ichi is better than that. Like a true otaku, he picked up on the episode's foreshadowing! =p

True. And my suggestion would turn it into something very different that they don't have time to deal with. Still...I would enjoy watching Shinichi help push earth forces out with fantasy characters.

Infinite Stratos S2 11

So we go from the worst episode of the season, to the most boring episode in the season.

Remember when they tried (and succeeded) making quality filler back in EP 5?

Good times.

Here it's just a mixture of fighting to stay awake from all the dullness and sighing in exasperation for the umpteenth time over how stupid everyone became since the season started.

I don't even want to mention how bad the setup is for the next episode. Especially since I actually rammed through the LN's last week and realized how completely butchered the whole thing is.

*Sigh

On the bright side of things, I found out Yuuki Homura is doing gods work and giving us more art of Fox Priestess Houki.

Bless him for this and for making sure the manga focuses on what truly matters.

cnet128

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 10

This show is the fucking best. It could end right here and it would be pretty much perfect. The fact that it's going to carry on and provide us with a whole 'nother season of awesome is just the icing on the cake.

Also Moe is so best girl it hurts. Such beautiful devotion to her flawed heroine. Love <3

cajunator

Banned
Decided to check TBA , and God, I can't believe this exists
20547.jpg

Of course it exists!
Really cute looking too.

Shaft magic = head tilts and weird fetishes.

Damn right. Theyre the best at it.

...I don't think that's what layered humor means. I think the phrase this guy is looking for is "Something happens which causes another thing to happen". Doesn't layered humor mean something that's funny on multiple levels?

Kotakuanime is still redeemed by that one article praising Steins;Gate though.

To be fair, its hard to fault Steins;Gate for anything.

Soma

And I just finished episode 20 of Yamato 2199

Man that was an intense battle.

Pretty sure I'm just gonna marathon the last six episodes and finish this up tonight. It's been a really crazy ride so far.

Strike the blood - 11

Again with the fake cliffangers ?

How many times must i see kojou stabbed and down before waking up as if nothing happenned the next episode ?

The author of strike the blood should REALLY try something else.

Defuser

Strike the blood - 11

Again with the fake cliffangers ?

How many times must i see kojou stabbed and down before waking up as if nothing happenned the next episode ?

The author of strike the blood should REALLY try something else.
He already blew his load of shock value when kujou got
beheaded
in the first fucking arc. How himeragi forget about that? The dude is basically immortal.

So uh. I started to do some reading and...

New favorite pairing. Shame they're only secondary protagonists and not the focus.
One of us! One of us! Uka should have been the primary protagonist of the story.

injurai

Banned
I need a new anime. I want something relatively short, and strong on the story and art. I think DedThruLight last recommended me Tsuritama which I absolutely adored.

cajunator

Banned
Goddammit where are all the people who watched more than like two episodes of NouCome to back me up that it was a legitimately entertaining show.

I honestly dont like noucome too much. I do like Yukihira of course!

True, but it wasn't about constant pantyshots and contrived nudity scenes and stuff... YuuShibu was.

Indeed it is, but Yuushibu is really fun!

I do agree that Yuushibu hasn't been all that funny.

It's still been consistently enjoyable regardless. Fino's too damn cute and honestly, I feel it's been handling the work SoL aspects better than SxS or Maou-sama did. Plus I'm not allergic to fanservice.

Yes Fino makes that show. She is cuuuuuuuute!

Hmmm. I like these quite a bit.

I need a new anime. I want something relatively short, and strong on the story and art. I think DedThruLight last recommended me Tsuritama which I absolutely adored.

Heavy on the story, short and art? If that's your only criteria, what about Ano Natsu De Matteru

If you specifically want a friendship anime with good art, Nichijou, though that one's 20+ episodes. I guess another option, though I haven't seen it but it's similar in its trippy art, would be Mawaru Penguindrum (also relatively short). There's also Kids on the Slope.

Defuser

VVV ep 22

L-elf and Haruto are being dicks to each other then after all of a sudden they became bros now? lol

Oh please let this series have a lot of sales so we can have a season 3 of more hilarious nonsense.

injurai

Banned
Heavy on the story, short and art? If that's your only criteria, what about Ano Natsu De Matteru

If you specifically want a friendship anime with good art, Nichijou, though that one's 20+ episodes. I guess another option, though I haven't seen it but it's similar in its trippy art, would be Mawaru Penguindrum (also relatively short). There's also Kids on the Slope.

Kids on the Slope seems really neat.

Have you watched Uchouten Kazoku?

Oooh I forgot about this. It's not ongoing is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom