• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

I wouldn't worry too much about that. While it's true that MC's story and school life are fairly boring compared to Uka's, they put a decent amount of focus on her and Touka where it shouldn't be an issue.

There is a fair amount, true. It will be interesting to see where the anime focus is.

Fox318

Personally, It is the best anime to ever air, excellent action in both the water and out of it. The music is also excellent and there is actually deep character interaction. It also has the best OP song (Rage On) this year and ED (Splash Free, and all remixes).
Woah that's high praise coming from you.

Sure you weren't swayed by the shirtlessness of the show ;)
I really wouldn't consider Free to even be a shounen sports series. I can't really put my finger on the genre. The closest thing I can think of is that it's like K-On... but with guys.
It's ok but the terrible KyoAni DRAMA ruins the last few episodes.

The first few episodes were fun especially with all the drama being interlayed there leading to the fun Rin is probably dead jokes going around.
I still believe.
Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Guess I thought this would be like Yowamushi Pedal or Baby Steps.

Caladrius

It's ok but the terrible KyoAni DRAMA ruins the last few episodes.

The first few episodes were fun especially with all the drama being interlayed there leading to the fun Rin is probably dead jokes going around.
I still believe.

I'm gonna have to echo this sentiment. I had fun with the Slice of Life parts (and the homoerotic teasing) but the weak drama put a bit of a damper on it for me.

wonzo

Banned
GBF 4-6
gundambf6.jpg
gundambf6a.jpg

This show still owns but episode 6 was just an a whole 'nother level entirely.
lawd.png

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Naisho 3

Why does Onpu have a swimsuit shoot book? She's in fifth grade. Who the hell would buy that? Besides Oyajide?

Aiko can't swim? Go figure. And Hadzuki swims like a fucking boss. Go figure again. I don't know how it's possible for Aiko to do all that movement in the pool and not move an inch though. Maybe it's because thrashing around does fuck all do get you anywhere. Anyhoo, Kotake still suckes. Gets his colon ripped out by Hadzuki and then only wins because of an injury and still goes all "We won! We won!". Goddamn this motherfucker sucks.

AnimeGAF, I'm looking for a flashy fun, fighting adventure fantasy anime. Should I watch Saint Seiya Omega? I've been thinking about it, but what's the general opinion here?

AnimeGAF, I'm looking for a flashy fun, fighting adventure fantasy anime. Should I watch Saint Seiya Omega? I've been thinking about it, but what's the general opinion here?

In that it is really disappointing. If you still want to watch, I can get you the Duckroll method for it.

Aikatsu! 3

MOTHERFUCKER! ICHIGO! Sneaking on a Van, and that random janitor person actually let her use him as something to hide behind... and decided to be a bro. Clearly this dude will be a love interest, asked no one ever.

Also a Honoka/Yuri lovechild named Honoka Tsukikage.

Yes, I get it, Mizuki is perfection. Good thing she's not a main character.

Super Seisyun Brothers 13

I guess this was a thing that's over now.

Had a pretty decent middle bunch of episodes but kinda wavered off near the end. But watchable at 5 minutes per episode.

It feels unfair that the Anime of the Year 2014 will be locked up before anything else gets the chance to air.

GBF 4-6

This show still owns but episode 6 was just an a whole 'nother level entirely.

The battle in episode 6 was one of those rare cases where the emotions of the participants are conveyed through visuals alone. It was almost enough to make me a believer in Gunpla.

No, don't bother with Omega. Hunter X Hunter is probably the best show that meets your criteria from the past few years. As for older shows, Fullmetal Alchemist springs to mind, though you may have already seen it.

Sain seya omega has

An ok start with some good ideas ( first 13 eps )
A very good second act ( next 12 eps )
A very awesome third act ( next 25 eps with only 1 bad episode )
A very stupid 4 part ( horrible new character )
A very promising 5th part ( currently airing )

It's watchable.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Golden Boy, Lesson 2

"Oh wow, I-I really do have a cute butt." /dead.

Voters sell their campaign for liquor or money, what-do-they-care about the electoral process? (Probably a lot, considering they keep voting into power the guy who keeps paying them off.)

"I'm not suffering from poverty and I'm not a single mother!"
"Fear not, simple maid! We shall soon forge a bond of unwavering trussssst!"
"OOoooh, that sounds nice."

Oh God the toilet cleaning again.

"IF THAT HAND WERE TO TOUCH ME IN MY MOST SENSITIVE OF SPOTS, I'D LOSE CONTROL OF MY PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS. IF ONLY MY HAND WERE MY PENIS."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////DEAD

CORVO you deserve this show

If "IF THAT HAND WERE TO TOUCH ME IN MY MOST SENSITIVE OF SPOTS, I'D LOSE CONTROL OF MY PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS. IF ONLY MY HAND WERE MY PENIS." isn't one of the best parts of Golden Boy, I truly marvel to think what surprises lay ahead.

That is one of the best lines in the show but like I said before you really have no fucking idea.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 9
tumblr_mxs1t7XiNl1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I wish Touga could show me something eternal instead of Utena or I guess Anthy, flashback made it seem to highly and heavily imply that Utena is a key figure, confused how it ties into Anthy in the present day. In any event the flashback was really good for me, Saionji and Touga moments need to be more prevalent
but why did he have to be kicked out of school, he was simply confused and what not, what even. Harsh

the stuff falling and what not was confusing, like Saionji I dont even know what was even going on there.

Saionji saying utena is the funniest thing, its he draws out the ut part so much that it comes out comical.

Also watched Coppelion
bad writing alert, unbelievable
, Beyond the Boundary, Miss Monochrome for this week.

Bombless

Wow, the last Gallilei episode was completely useless...not to mention super creepy....

She realised what was happening....and she feels the same.

What.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 8
Nice action packed episode, pretty enjoyable and alot of plot is happening at that.

mhs004

Hunter X Hunter is literally the only answer to you're first question

Don't watch SSO I hated it and dropped it.

CorvoSol

CASSHERN SINS.

IT'S FLASHY.

IT IS FUN.

PEOPLE FIGHT.

SO UPBEAT.

Kirby and I had a grand old time watching it. It's a really light hearted, up-beat anime with great action, smiles, and a carefree attitude.

RIGHT KIRBY?

CorvoSol

CORVO you deserve this show

That is one of the best lines in the show but like I said before you really have no fucking idea.

Speaking of, I guess I should watch another episode tonight. Honestly Golden Boy and Monogatari have both been really enjoyable to me so far. I mean, I'm enjoying my mecha shows, but sometimes I need a palate cleanser.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 9
tumblr_mxs1t7XiNl1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I wish Touga could show me something eternal instead of Utena or I guess Anthy, flashback made it seem to highly and heavily imply that Utena is a key figure, confused how it ties into Anthy in the present day. In any event the flashback was really good for me, Saionji and Touga moments need to be more prevalent
but why did he have to be kicked out of school, he was simply confused and what not, what even. Harsh

the stuff falling and what not was confusing, like Saionji I dont even know what was even going on there.

Saionji saying utena is the funniest thing, its he draws out the ut part so much that it comes out comical.

Also watched Coppelion
bad writing alert, unbelievable
, Beyond the Boundary, Miss Monochrome for this week.

I kinda find it funny that you like Saionji so much. He was probably one of the characters I most hated in the show.

Suddenly I feel the urge to eat cashews.

Bwahahaha.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
CASSHERN SINS.

IT'S FLASHY.

IT IS FUN.

PEOPLE FIGHT.

SO UPBEAT.

Kirby and I had a grand old time watching it. It's a really light hearted, up-beat anime with great action, smiles, and a carefree attitude.

RIGHT KIRBY?

ask toonamigaf, 10/10 agree, most upbeat anime that showed up on toonami

Gazoinks

I kinda find it funny that you like Saionji so much. He was probably one of the characters I most hated in the show.

Yeah, I actually kind of thought the show dedicated a lot of time to making sure you knew he was a terrible person.

Utena moral: People with long hair are assholes.

Speaking of, I guess I should watch another episode tonight. Honestly Golden Boy and Monogatari have both been really enjoyable to me so far. I mean, I'm enjoying my mecha shows, but sometimes I need a palate cleanser.

Golden Boy is just about the best palate cleanser possible. I used it (and Bunny Drop) for that purpose after finishing Steins;Gate and Fate/Zero.

CASSHERN SINS.

IT'S FLASHY.

IT IS FUN.

PEOPLE FIGHT.

SO UPBEAT.

RIGHT KIRBY?

It's one of the most up-beat anime I've ever seen. Helps that it's soooo good.

It has a few good episodes. They aren't the majority at all.

Go watch Hunter x Hunter.

In that it is really disappointing.

No, don't bother with Omega. Hunter X Hunter is probably the best show that meets your criteria from the past few years.

Hunter X Hunter is literally the only answer to you're first question

Don't watch SSO I hated it and dropped it.

Well, looks like Hunter X Hunter it is for me then. A shame, cause I kinda liked the character designs on SSO. Ah well. Might as well give that a go.

CASSHERN SINS.

IT'S FLASHY.

IT IS FUN.

PEOPLE FIGHT.

SO UPBEAT.

RIGHT KIRBY?

Huh, sounds cool! Unfortunatley though, everyone else screamed Hunter X Hunter before you, so I feel obligated to go with the majority opinion and see how fun that is first.

I just bought Summer Wars Blu-Ray / DVD combo from Amazon for $12.99... Good deal? I've wanted to see it for a while, but never got around to it until I saw Wolf Children. Now I want moar.

Well, looks like Hunter X Hunter it is for me then. A shame, cause I kinda liked the character designs on SSO. Ah well. Might as well give that a go.

Huh, sounds cool! Unfortunatley though, everyone else screamed Hunter X Hunter before you, so I feel obligated to go with the majority opinion and see how fun that is first.

Casshern is much shorter though.

Don't believe Corvo's lies. Casshern Sins is one of the most unrelentingly depressing shows in existence. Although it is a better anime with Umakoshi character designs than Saint Seiya Omega.

Don't believe Corvo's lies. Casshern Sins is one of the most unrelentingly depressing shows in existence. Although it is a better anime with Umakoshi character designs than Saint Seiya Omega.

I didn't. I remember a couple threads ago about people ranting about how depressing it was. I was just playing along with the façade.

Watching Hunter X Hunter now. Thirty seconds in and I'm getting Fairy Tail vibes, so that's always a good sign (for me anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom