• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam Build Fighters 10

l8ywDt8.jpg

I wasn't looking to see you again.

First half had excellent humor - the sequence between Aila and Reiji in particular - and the second half had excellent mecha animation. So it was everything you'd want from an episode of Gundam Build Fighters.

Most of the mecha designs I could take or leave, but I actually like Aila's. It's probably because of the color scheme.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kirara is back? Fuck yeah. Can't wait to watch ep 10 tonight.

Also Aila's gundam is butt ugly. I just like the elegance of the simplicity of most of the models and yeah Bearguy-san is the greatest design of all time.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Mobile Suit Gundam - Char's Counter Attack

Wow. That was quite the amazing finish.

Few things though:

Fuck Quess.

Holy shit at Hathaway spacing Chan for killing Quess. :lol

Seriously, fuck Quess.

Onwards to Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn!

Samurai Flamenco Episode 10

Excellent episode,
Moe rising up to the call of duty and putting on a brave face was highly commendable. At least she is still willing to be friends with Flamenco girl anyway, but I wonder if they'll just leave everything to Samumenco. Would be good as we need it to get back to Goto and Masayoshi antics.

Also it looked like they really prettied him up for the reveal scene there.

JCG

Shin Mazinger Z 17

I officially don't get the hate for this series. Is it that Kouji, Sayaka, Boss and the Photonic Labs are forced into the background? Cuz who cares? Baron Asura is the main character anyway. Like seriously, this show is great when you accept that one fact. Asura is incredibly sympathetic, even as we learn that they were kind of assholes before the merger. Seeing Asura freak out over
the sight of Zeus destroying the Gods and encountering Tristan and Isolde
was really pretty moving, and for as much as people make of Jeremiah the Orange's loyalty to Lelouche in Geass, Asura demonstrates loyalty on a whole other level.

"Yeah, this is my ancient civilization coming back to life and the culmination of everything I ever wanted, but Dr. Hell brought me back from the dead. Twice. I will serve him until my death as many times as he desires."

Asura may only be half a man, but that half is manlier than many a villain.

That and the pacing, which is why some people called it "Slowzinger ZZZ" and other such names. Baron Ashura's portrayal is definitely one of the unique highlights of this version of the story. There's still a lot more stuff down the rabbit hole though. Just wait and see!

On an unrelated note, it's great that you're watching Gunbuster. One of my first anime purchases and even after all these years I can still go back to it.

CorvoSol

Ohhh hell yeah!

Not gonna lie, when I'm washing dishes at home, I like to rock out to Silent Voice.

That and the pacing, which is why some people called it "Slowzinger ZZZ" and other such names. Baron Asura's portrayal is definitely one of the unique highlights of this version of the story. There's still a lot more stuff down the rabbit hole though. Just wait and see!

On an unrelated note, it's great that you're watching Gunbuster. One of my first anime purchases and even after all these years I can still go back to it.

The pacing was sort of slow for a bit, but honestly there have been enough awesome action packed parts to make this worth my while. Gunbuster is definitely nice, but I wonder how far they can really go in 6 episodes.

Macross 17

ARE YOU SHITTING ME?

AN ENTIRE EPISODE WITH A PLOT THAT ISN'T HAPPENING. MADE ENTIRELY OUT OF OLD CLIPS WITH DIFFERENT DIALOGUE.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

Are we seriously showing the opening credits IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING EPISODE?!

Mortemis

Banned
It would have been interesting if Kuroko DID get hit. His comparison of the GenMira and Kirisaki was well done too.
Can't wait for Kuroko's old team to meet up before the Winter Cup!

Hot springs episode next!

I can't wait for it too, the tension, the hype, it'll be too good. Can't wait for more Kuroko bombshells either, surprising everyone.

Dang, next week's a manservice episode huh. I was hoping that they start up the winter cup quick, but it's whatever. As long as they at least get to a certain match. I think I heard Momoi's voice, so Aomine could be there. Kuroko, Kagami, AND Aomine in a spa? Fujoshi will flip.

DiGiKerot

I ended up going out and buying (the building) the Build Gundam MkII today, mostly since my BearguyIII kit hasn't turned up in the mail yet.

Yeah, apparently Build Fighters works as intended...

Much as I love the Zaku Amazing, the MkII is a waaaaay better kit, alas

CorvoSol

I ended up going out and buying (the building) the Build Gundam MkII today, mostly since my BearguyIII kit hasn't turned up in the mail yet.

Yeah, apparently Build Fighters works as intended...

Much as I love the Zaku Amazing, the MkII is a waaaaay better kit, alas

I'll say, I was already into buying models, but the show was definitely a factor in my purchase of kits during Black Friday.

DiGiKerot

I'll say, I was already into buying models, but the show was definitely a factor in my purchase of kits during Black Friday.

I used to be way into buying Gunpla, from Wing up until partway through Destiny. Strangely enough, that show kinda killed my enthusiasm for the stuff - I think the last thing I built prior to Build Fighters was a Strike Rouge of all things.

All the BF robots are way too cool to resist, though.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 1

I didn't watch this when I watched the series like I was supposed to, and I kinda regret it since it would have given me a little bit of base for some of the rest of the show, most notably in regards to Shaoran's mother. Shaoran's mother was great and I love what happened between her and Sakura in this movie. Though of course there were also Shaoran's sisters, who were hilarious. One thing I loved how this show did since Meilin made her first appearance is contrast the serious and intimidating nature of Shaoran in the beginning with the sheer absurdity he has to deal with elsewhere, and how he reacts to all of that showed that he really is just a normal kid for thee most part. Aside from the magic powers and everything. They did sort of do this early on with his crush on Yukito (still adorable how he would get jealous when Yukito would give shit to Sakura), but Meilin really opened him up more.

Well anyway, I liked this, but I didn't care for the ending, that the lady loved Clow and was beckoning him. And also she was violent. And then Sakura let her know that she knew how she felt and she disappeared.

Apparently the second movie is really good. Might make it a double feature tonight.

CorvoSol

I used to be way into buying Gunpla, from Wing up until partway through Destiny. Strangely enough, that show kinda killed my enthusiasm for the stuff - I think the last thing I built prior to Build Fighters was a Strike Rouge of all things.

All the BF robots are way too cool to resist, though.

I may well cave for the Star Strike. That is one nice looking suit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 1

I didn't watch this when I watched the series like I was supposed to, and I kinda regret it since it would have given me a little bit of base for some of the rest of the show, most notably in regards to Shaoran's mother. Shaoran's mother was great and I love what happened between her and Sakura in this movie. Though of course there were also Shaoran's sisters, who were hilarious. One thing I loved how this show did since Meilin made her first appearance is contrast the serious and intimidating nature of Shaoran in the beginning with the sheer absurdity he has to deal with elsewhere, and how he reacts to all of that showed that he really is just a normal kid for thee most part. Aside from the magic powers and everything. They did sort of do this early on with his crush on Yukito (still adorable how he would get jealous when Yukito would give shit to Sakura), but Meilin really opened him up more.

Well anyway, I liked this, but I didn't care for the ending, that the lady loved Clow and was beckoning him. And also she was violent. And then Sakura let her know that she knew how she felt and she disappeared.

Apparently the second movie is really good. Might make it a double feature tonight.

Yeah the first movie is pretty forgettable and boring.

The second movie is really fantastic though.

Steins;Gate: Deja Vu

Yeah cool I liked it.
Plot was a bit of a reach but then again I'm not an expert on time travel.
I really don't think this movie was necessary. Unless I misinterpreted that ending then we're left with exactly the same world we got at the end of the series. More of a fanservice thing rather than the next proud and brave leap in storytelling.
Also I don't think you can disappear into another timeline for remembering something or thinking that you don't belong in the current timeline. All I'm saying is that it sounds kinda dumb. Again, I'm not an expert on time travel but that really does sound dumb, I'm sorry.

Asami Imai is goddamned divine though. I don't even have the words for her performance in this.
When Kurisu cried it felt like fifty knives were driven straight into my heart.

Quasar

Man I couldn't stand Log Horizon's OP at first,
now im addicted and can't get it out of my head.

Yeah. Now I'm happy watching the OP, whereas I loathed it to begin with.

I found 11 interesting for the ruined schoolhouse and other buildings. Its like the land of Yamato is actually built on top of ancient ruins of Japan, and not some fantasy world. Which leads to wondering about finding old tech in ruins.

Theonik

Hells
This was so and so. I liked vast portions of it but it just felt like it should have been somewhat shorter.
Which is strange because I REALLY liked portions of it.
Fantastic style too. And sakuga. It also felt a bit incoherent and I felt genuinely lost at times.
Which is a shame. So many wasted opportunities. I feel kinda bummed now. Need something else to watch...
I was so excited too.

Midonin

Doki Doki! Precure 44

Though ostensibly about Mana, it did turn out to be more of a Rikka episode after all. Rather, dealing with the weird love triangle that is Mana/Regina/Rikka. More progress on the Regina front, but she returns home because even if her dad is evil, she still loves him. It was a bit of a somber note to end a Christmas episode on. Mana's notes to Rikka were cute, and it looks like Johnny Klondike may be back for real. Christmas, always a time for plot stuff to start happening. Also a time for Mana to continue to outdo everybody. She's wanted to be Santa, and given how overpowered she is, I believe she could do it.

Next week is, surprisingly, the return of Aguri's friend and the
last of the sacred treasures being found. Heavy is the head that wears the plastic-looking crown.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah. Now I'm happy watching the OP, whereas I loathed it to begin with.

I found 11 interesting for the ruined schoolhouse and other buildings. Its like the land of Yamato is actually built on top of ancient ruins of Japan, and not some fantasy world. Which leads to wondering about finding old tech in ruins.

Yamato since episode 1 had a post apocalypse japan type of feel, if you look at the environments you notice theres tons of worn down buildings and such

Log Horizon 11
Bbe9pQUIYAA14sd.jpg

Took eleven episodes but Log Horizon finally got actually really good. Tohya continues to be hilarious, Minori continues to bring great magical, attacks, and sparkles, sparkles, sparkles with comedy and teasing with Tohya. Really funny and entertaining. Looking forward to their dungeon pursuit.

Quasar

Yamato since episode 1 had a post apocalypse japan type of feel, if you look at the environments you notice theres tons of worn down buildings and such

Worn down/ruined yes. Just for some reason the schoolhouse and that stood out as ruined japan to me. Whereas ruins in the city for some reason didn't evoke that reaction for me.

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 11

Oh boy,
Kouko has the incriminating BanrixLinda photo and meanwhile Banri is off enjoying secret part-time job party with Sexy Demon Linda and co.
Somehow I don't think this is going to end particularly well.

Also Kouko your mini-Banri fantasies are scary. Please stop that. >.<

co1onel

Little Busters Refrain episode 11

The FEELS!
The next episode is titled "One Wish," so I imagine that Rin will wish everyone back to life since Komari gave a wish.

That episode was amazing. Its removed all doubt that JC can't do a Key anime right.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Monogatari second season episode 24
kaiki looks pretty good and also fairly young when taking a shower compard to how he normally looks, with his hair down like that, it does make him fit in with his other college roommates in terms of age and looks, O: hanekawa O:

Little Busters! Refrain Episode 11 - The End of the World

Well it was alright I guess.
cried most hard for Kengo their struggling to keep smiling and then Kyousuke wishing to remain. Just thinking of it and their final scenes and back to him in the previous episode near the bus and the whole story of trying to make them stronger even though their hanging on for dear life was just really intense. How could one even think of doing a story such a way (and its also not the first time I encountered the "bus fell over cliff - one or two survivors" idea in JPN media (I guess its a subgenre?"

cnet128

Banned
YuuShibu 11

Okay, this is an enjoyable series climax. Just the right mix of drama and comedy for this show. And ubiquitous fanservice, of course, but that goes without saying.
Airi's hero outfit is ridiculously revealing even in fully-armoured state, but once the armour falls away she might as well just be standing there stark naked...

lol @
the Enterprise taking flight
XD ...And lol @ people actually acting vaguely surprised at
Lam's reveal that she's actually from the demon world, as if that wasn't blatantly obvious at least half the series ago

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 17

So Amuro thinks he can out strategize Bright, and tries to throw his weight around in battle. The battle is barely won, and that for reasons that had very little to do with Amuro's own strategy and more because Kai is a boss. Meanwhile, Ramba Ral proves he's a super upstanding guy by pointing out that the only reason he wants to blow up the White Base is because doing so would not just avenge Garma, but ensure profitable careers for his men and a life of luxury for his mistress/wife/whatever it is that Hamon is to him.

Bright, sick of Amuro's attitude, decides to pull him off of Gundam while trying and failing to put the moves on Mirai. Amuro overhears and flips out, and then takes the Gundam with him while he deserts.

Something I missed the first time through is that Bright is only 3 years older than Amuro. He's barely out of his own teenage years and in a war of the scale and kind nobody has ever seen before and has to endure all manner of nonsense without Federation support. Of course he's going to screw up once or twice. The problem is that Amuro can't really see it that way because Amuro is even younger. The entire White Base is so unusual a thing that Cozun doesn't actually believe that Bright and Mirai are officers.

On that note, Mirai is probably about the same age as Bright, and this watch through really demonstrates to me just how reliant Bright is on her for advice. In all honesty, Mirai runs the White Base about as much as Bright does.

Speaking of Mirai, this is the episode where Amuro sees her topless. You see Mirai and Frau Bow topless over the course of the show, but if you want to see Sayla, you have to pony up and watch the movie, son. Even though Frau Bow is underage and Mirai probably isn't that much older than Sayla.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 36 - Don't Be Ridiculous
BbfHwpMIUAAdb-t.jpg

Could next week hurry, this looks like it will be amazing, hopefully, Aomine drops in too even, Kise too.

Hanamiya nearly smashing Kuroko there and then the scenes where it seemed like he was going to explode but then went just kidding was extremely hilarious. His VA's and his bakas is too funny, then the ending of the match when he was just kidding yet again. I want to see him stick around. Best minor moment was Izuki getting a score from the inside, and the teardrop from Hanamiya

cnet128

Banned
Monogatari SS 24 (Koimonogatari 4)

So much Senjougahara's name with ripple effects.

Loving the hair, Hanekawa. You really shouldn't dye it.

A very low-key episode overall, but things are steadily progressing, and I know what lies at the end of that progression >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom