• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Movie 7 almost negates it though.

It was so bad... :(

I think the underlying theme and character journey in the series is just plain bad. Cocktoe and Shitki are not interesting characters, and their relationship is not well written or engaging on any emotional level. The good parts of the story are those which are either completely stand alone (like 5 and 6), or based on one-off external conflicts which are action packed (like 3). Otherwise in general KnK can fuck off.

fertygo

But that's one of the best episodes... :(

But they stretching page of Rin pissing in her skirt and turning it into superkidz eps :(

So out of place.. In series where underlining consequences of the action, they make filler out of little kids doing very stupid thing and get out like superhero.

Pooya

KnK had good music other than that I didn't understand what was happening or maybe I didn't care enough to pay attention. There was a lot of 'floating' whatever, that's all I remember now :>

LayLa

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Aoki, Ume "Sunshine Sketch, Vol. 7"
Estimated arrival date: March 12 2014 - March 14 2014

Hasekura, Isuna "Spice and Wolf: Vol. 10 - Novel"
Estimated arrival date: May 09 2014 - May 12 2014

boooooooooooooooooooooo

cajunator

Banned

Well that was short lived :/

Suddenly I feel the urge to eat cashews.

Cashew chicken <3

Precure OT OP that spans 30 posts will be legendary.

Lol yeah that wouldnt last long either but I'd create one if I knew how to photoshop/make a good OP. Cause nobody else seems to want to do it.
But someone who has seen more of the franchise should probably do it.

I just bought Summer Wars Blu-Ray / DVD combo from Amazon for $12.99... Good deal? I've wanted to see it for a while, but never got around to it until I saw Wolf Children. Now I want moar.

Yeah its a great deal!

ToonamiGAF got my back on this'n.

Bwahaha, Golden Boy and Bunny Drop are so radically different, though.

Wait are you being sarcastic about that last bit?

Just watch the first episode to see what I mean.

Nisemonogatari 3

You know, it occurs to me that if the gender roles were reversed in Senjougahara and Araragi's relationship, there would be a LOT of problems with it. Imagine a dude who called his woman trash all the time, kidnaps her, and threatens her with bodily harm for seeing her friends. Senjougahara is sort of basically exactly that and I dunno how I feel about it.

Kanbaru knows what's up, though, as she carefully explains how the entire harem will really fall into place to Araragi. In Senjougahara's defense, Araragi not only saw Kanbaru naked during his visit, she ripped his pants off and at multiple points during the conversation they discussed getting married. Senjougahara is right to be annoyed by that, I think.

I'd say she shouldn't count old ladies and little sisters, but since even Araragi was checking his little sister out, I can't blame her full scale.

So also this new dude shows up and he has hair that looks like Juna's when she is in her awful Super Saiyan mode. His theme song had me trying to figure out where I had heard it before. At first, I thought it was obviously the Legend of Zelda Dungeon theme, but upon listening to it, while similar in some ways, it wasn't quite right. Keeping the theme of video games in mind, I realized what I really meant was the intro to The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, but even then, I wasn't fully convinced. Further investigation revealed that Kaiki's theme was, basically Edvard Grieg's In The Hall of the Mountain King.

Hasn't this been educational?

Rat me out, why don't you?

Hmmm. thats an interesting observation. Youre right they do sound similar.

Kino's Journey 4

Oh what the fuck, that's some Brave New World shit there.

Fuck, the only thing that elicited anything other than empty smiles from those people is the vitriol they threw at Kino (well, before she was Kino) when she asked to not have the thought and soul removing operation. And then they were gonna smile as the inspector stabbed her to death. Fuck.

Well, that's one way to start a journey.

Oh man. so much awesome stuff ahead of you. Its consistently fantastic. Right to the end. One of the very best in all of anime.

Hoooooo boy.

I like this show, I do, so I'd be pretty sad if it was ruined.

Golden Boy, Lesson 3

I have a lot to learn *nervous laugh* = this entire show.

This was an oddly serious episode, where Kintaro behaved a lot more politely, and where the girl wasn't even all that sexualized. Instead he spent his time defending her honor and treating her with an unusual amount of respect. It was sweet, and it, along with the gag facial expressions, reminded me a lot of GTO, actually.

Most of the episode wasn't as gut bustingly funny, as a result, but that cork-screw kiss had me in stitches.

This episode was pretty subdued and actually kind of cute and sweet instead of outright perverse. The girl was a sweetheart too.

cajunator

Banned
Nisemonogatari 4

I am NOT okay with the following:

Short haired, unbespectacled, suddenly scary to Senjougahara Hanekawa

Araragi's SUPER FUCKING CREEPY NAKED BATHTIME WITH A PREPUBESCENT GIRL. I DON'T CARE IF SHE IS A MILLION YEAR OLD VAMPIRE. IT WAS CREEPY IN FIRE EMBLEM, IT IS CREEPY AS FUCK NOW.

Like HOLY FUCKING SHIT MAN can this white foam be ANY MORE SUGGESTIVE? DID I MENTION THIS IS UNCOMFORTABLE AND CREEPY? HOLY FUCK.

OH GOD THEN SHE GETS IN THE TUB WITH HIM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Then they pose naked with her face positioned toward his crotch.

Then we move on to foot play.

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Oh man. you are going to wig the fuck out later on.

No, but you see, it ruins the transformation, now. Hanekawa was great because she had the Hollywood Nerd braids and coke bottle lenses until she became sexy cat woman.

I have a figurine of Hanekawa in this form. Soooo good.

Serious

Symphogear season 3 announced in live event

Update:eek:fficial confirmed
https://twitter.com/SYMPHOGEAR/status/411821870351011840

SevGJW2.jpg

Look dude, at least bother throwing the article through google translate to find out it's being directed by the TV series director Ayumu Watanabe at A-1, features a new story written by the manga author and is planned for summer.

That's unexpected. I wonder how it'll look.

You may be happy to hear that after the first 2 or 3 episodes they actually fix the CG ships being completely weightless.

Sweet.

Kyousougiga - 09
Ah AH ..this episode is almost trolling material.

With an episode called "let's think of a solution together" and such a strong opening speech ( that would usually be something reserved for pre final events ) by our main heroine THIS happenned !

Congratulations kyousougiga

Then i have this WTF explanation even before i get an answer .. i was surprised ... and then the true WTF happens !

Masterfull

Very awesome episode !

Theonik

Precure OT OP that spans 30 posts will be legendary.
All we need is 30 posters with each adoring a different PreCure avatar starting from Futari Wa.
The PreCure DX of OTs. Or we can downscale and do it with just 5.

I just bought Summer Wars Blu-Ray / DVD combo from Amazon for $12.99... Good deal? I've wanted to see it for a while, but never got around to it until I saw Wolf Children. Now I want moar.
It's a good deal yes. You should get The Girl Who Leapt Through Time too.

Gunbuster 3

Man that was a really depressing end to the episode. I mean yay I got to see the Gunbuster finally but, dang, man. I feel the need to just sit down and think about life or something. That was a heavy ending.
Is this your first time through Gunbuster? If you are like this now wait till you get further.

Necrovex

Homura Madoka Magica: Rebellion

Major spoilers following:

I saw this last night, and unlike the majority of people, I adored this film to the high heavens. It was a further deconstruction of the magical girl genre, with a plot twist that would make M. Night Shamalama blush. I was told prior a plot twist would occur (or read about it, since anywhere that had a topic about this film was not shy screaming about the plot twist, thankfully not the actual details of the twist). My original theory the twist involved Homura being a witch, and I couldn't understand why people hated on this film so much. Then that moment occurred (The Hug of DEATH!!!). I'm sure every person, who wasn't aware of the twist thought the film was going to end on another happy note but nope!

The ending is a very controversy one, and I fully understand why. Yet in my case I was enamored by the balls it took to execute such an ending. I enjoyed the finale for the TV show and second film. It was an upbeat way to conclude everything, but it was a different approach to what I would expect from Gen. This conclusion seems is a fitting one for the series, especially with a writer who hates everything about magical girls (and life). And c'mon, who didn't adore seeing Kyubi getting horribly punished; my heart was touched during those moments.

The film is open-ended enough for Gen to make another film. I would love to see another one that focuses on Homura Vs. Madoka. Yet if this is truly the end of Madoka Magica, I am quite content.

This series ended on a high note, and it will make my top ten list for this year.

5/5

IS 2 - 11
I think infinite stratos is actually TRYING to make the most boring and insipid moments they can.

This is incredible ..you cannot make a more boring and predictable school trip episode if you tried
Boring.png

To all Gaffers , think of the most boring school trip episode you can , and it will not be as generic and boring as this episode was .

I'm actually impressed.! i've seen my share of kyoto schoil trips in anime , but this has to be one of the most uninspired EVER

Having read the books , I ..cannot ... Argh*

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Episode 11:

Well now, that is one way to make a beach episode not suck, maybe it mostly not about the beach and have a whole bunch of plot relevant events going on around it. Indeed the next arc has kicked off by splitting the narrative in twain, with focus given to junior player training camp and a mysterious and tense invitation to The Palace of Eternal Ice to engage in more political intrigue with Duke Sergiatte Cowen. Also, it seems the industrial revolution is nearly at hand but right now is just kind of a background event. Log Horizon really does amaze me with how nuanced and sophisticated it is being with its world.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam - 1 - 47 [END]

Probably my favorite among 0079 and Zeta that came before it. Judau was a really likeable lead, and it was refreshing to have one that wouldn't submit to the authority of adults like the two protagonists before him. It still had that somewhat silly theme of all the girls flocking towards the main character, but at least with this installment it also provided some yuri-goggles for Roux and Elle. While there was never a situation you could consider the two to be close, their constant bickering gave enough material for their shipping to be possible. I felt the second half of the show was stronger than the first, probably because they diverted the focus from a comedic tone to a more serious approach, which was necessary when you're building up to the eventual showdown between Judau and Haman.

Haman Karn continues to be one of my favorite antagonists from the UC timeline
just wished she didn't bit the dust in the final battle against Judau T_T.

Oh, and glad
to see that Kamille apparently recovered from his mindfuck from last season.

Onwards to Char's Counterattack!

Theonik

VVV 22
Kinda eh episode. I just can't see how they can end this at this point.
at least Eru-Eruhu is back now.

Infinite Stratos S2 11
Crap episode again this time they didn't even have the Tabane moments to justify.

Yuushibu 11
Surprisingly acceptable episode. Everything with store managed was good and the Star Trek oldguy stuff was also good. Dumb drama all the same though. Some nice sakuga too. Not sure if my expectations were set low at that point though.

cajunator

Banned
I think my biggest issue right now is that now I want to watch Mushishi again after I finish this. DAT MUSHISHI.
sdgKUcg.gif

I love this show. So creepy and mysterious.

shorter hair = better than

In the most overwhelming amount of cases, yes.

Stop reaffirming the fact that the French are horrible people :(

:(
Well Im not French but Louisiana is steeped in French speaking culture. I have come to love it.

Sometimes I feel that I need to rethink my friend list...

Sometimes bad opinions happen.

Eps 10 of F/Z shouldn't exist either.

Oh man. how can you hate on a young Rin episode?

Log horizon - 11

Yet again an awesome episode , full a excellent dialog and event.

Almost flawless adaptation..can't wait for next week.

Log horizon is trully THE MMO anime we deserve after Hack & Sao. it's finally here !

Log%20Horizon%20-%2011.jpg

hey hey lady , i'm here , too what's the price ??

Such a superb political episode and again one of the ways to do a beach episode right ..i have no complains

cajunator

Banned
Log horizon - 11

Yet again an awesome episode , full a excellent dialog and event.

Almost flawless adaptation..can't wait for next week.

Log horizon is trully THE MMO anime we deserve after Hack & Sao. it's finally here !

Such a superb political episode and again one of the ways to do a beach episode right ..i have no complains

I need an Akatsuki figurine. Like asap.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
GBF 09

Holy shit Bearguy-san. This was the best episode of GBF to date, Bearguy-san is the greatest Gundam ever created and I want to buy all of his merchandise. I am totally bummed out I missed out on his Gunpla :(

Every scene involving him was great. The Rocky inspired training montage was totally awesome. Bearguy is the definition of a champion.

Also Caro was awesome.

Funi finally announced home releases for a few things
The Devil is a Part-Timer will release on Blu-ray and DVD in summer 2014!
Hetalia: The Beautiful World - The boys are back and will be hitting shelves on DVD in summer 2014!
Senran Kagura These ninja ladies are bouncing onto shelves on Blu-ray and DVD in summer 2014!

Valvrave 22
Really hard to see how this will all tie up though they are probably leading to some sort of leading ending that will lead to season 3. They practically wasted an entire episode in terms of plot progresson

Kansoku

12/14 10:56 [Mirai Nikki EP. 9]
Detective wannabe is smart. He cleared up a question that I had. I was wondering about paradoxes and stuff, but since it shows the person's view and not the ultimate truth there is no chance of any paradox happening.
Protag don't know how psychopath stalkers think. He discovers how to control Yuno like a dog, and does that by telling the worst lie he could have told.
And Tenth dies so that takes us down to 7 right? I'm eagerly awaiting the twist that will drive the latter half of the anime.

12/14 11:23 [Mirai Nikki EP. 10]
Mur Mur is the best character.
No. Ninth is the best character ever. Oh God she's sooooo gooooooood.
Yukki is clueless, nothing new here.
Well, that escalated quickly.

12/14 11:45 [Mirai Nikki EP. 11]
Ninth > All. Nothing else matters.

e_i

Little Busters Refrain episode 11

The FEELS!
The next episode is titled "One Wish," so I imagine that Rin will wish everyone back to life since Komari gave a wish.

BluWacky

Star Driver 13-19

There's a line in episode 19 when one of the Glittering Crux members says something like "the game of Cybodies is only fun when played straight". But oh god, there is such a thing as TOO straight.

Episode 16, the mini-arc conclusion, is by far the best episode of this stretch. Not only because it's the culmination of the inevitable in
the second seal breaking
, but because of the little backstory sequence we get. The story it tells is one that I'm sure I've seen in exactly the same format elsewhere, but at least it's a little moment of character development and it's nicely directed. I've also enjoyed a small stretch of episode 19 when
Wako nearly knifes Takuto

At the moment, I'm watching the very end of episode 19. The fight sequence is fantastically well animated and directed. It's also dull as dishwater. With no stakes and no thematic relevance to anything that's happened in the rest of the episode, what's the point?

I should have just watched the film, shouldn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom