• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Yozakura 10

This episode seemed especially lewd.

People weren't kidding about the strong direction and visuals of this episode. Mmm. So yeah, good episode. I liked Juri's development, it's nice this show gives time to people who could've been easily relegated to unimportant side character status.

The witch who appears with all the other half-demons in the OP has shown up now. Bet she turns good like the other three.

Gintama ep 31 and 32
BbfudrqIgAAbCQz.jpg:large
BbfvC1JIMAAd4xi.jpg:large
Amnesia arc was pretty funny both parts, and some of the lines from Yamazaki and Ginsan, lol. Kind of makes one wonder why many didnt ever watch, these two episodes are like extremely memorable.

Theonik

Poor Shinobu being called 8 just because she's petite. You just described the problems of flat women everywhere. Sasuga privilege!

sonicmj1

It's too late for it now. I'm going to watch this episode and see if all remaining desire to watch this show just burns out. Because it just fucking might.

Bakemonogatari was giving me these vibes, so I bailed in the middle of the Snake arc, and it felt good to leave it behind. I know you seem to thrive on poisoning yourself with bad stuff, but sometimes you've gotta learn when to walk away.

What ruined the fight, though, and thereafter became a constant problem while I tried to enjoy Senjougahara's relationship developments with Araragi and their confrontation with Dark Wizard Kaiki was Shinobu. I'm sorry but at this point her character is just venom. As entertaining as she is, the "Hey Araragi win the fight so you can grope the nonexistent boobs of an 8 year old" is pretty fucking awful. A similar joke was done with Hanekawa, where she gives Araragi a ticket permitting him to feel her up whenever he wants with the fine print of "but if you use this I'll hate you forever." That was humorous. An 8 year old girl demanding Araragi feel her boobs to make her happy is fucked up in about a million, billion ways and I will not brook arguments in defense of that element of the episode. It was wrong, and I'd like to hope that that is culturally universal. That every single where that is fucked up in a lot of ways. Because it damn well should be.

Is this really that different from what Araragi was doing with Hachikuji during the Snail Arc in Bake?

Tohsaka

I really, REALLY really hope that this shit is confined to the god-awful Karen Bee arc which went on way too fucking long and hopefully is never ever ever brought up again. At the very least I pray this shit is locked up in Nisemonogatari and never ever ever returns in any show afterward, but at the moment this shit is basically murdering a show I actually liked a lot.

If you don't like the fact that Araragi is a lolicon then you really should drop the series, because it does not go away and there's lots more of it.

Poor Shinobu being called 8 just because she's petite. You just described the problems of flat women everywhere. Sasuga privilege!

He wouldn't even dare to do that if shaft had made kizumonogatari .

Bakemonogatari was giving me these vibes, so I bailed in the middle of the Snake arc, and it felt good to leave it behind. I know you seem to thrive on poisoning yourself with bad stuff, but sometimes you've gotta learn when to walk away.
I agree ..i personnaly don't do hatewatch or similar
Is this really that different from what Araragi was doing with Hachikuji during the Snail Arc in Bake?
not really

Erigu

I really, REALLY really hope that this shit is confined to the god-awful Karen Bee arc which went on way too fucking long and hopefully is never ever ever brought up again. At the very least I pray this shit is locked up in Nisemonogatari and never ever ever returns in any show afterward, but at the moment this shit is basically murdering a show I actually liked a lot.
I think you'll like episode 8.

EDIT: Too late!

(it gets better after Nisemonogatari)

CorvoSol

Have you ever been so angry about something you find yourself laughing about how mad you feel?

I WILL NEVER FUCKING BRUSH MY TEETH EVER AGAIN

CorvoSol

Yes... although replace mad with a different emotion to something else entirely different.

Hey you know, that's really great, but TEETH.

FUCKING TOOTH BRUSH.

LITERALLY. HE FUCKED HER. IN THE MOUTH. WITH A TOOTH BRUSH.

I MEAN THAT IS SOME PANTY AND STOCKING WITH GARTERBELT SHIT.

TEETH.

Is this the most amazing scene I have ever seen? The most heinous? The most creative? The most horrifying? Is this the greatest nuclear fireworks display of all time? Do I hate this show more than I hate Gundam AGE and Sword Art Online and Pocket Full of Rainbows and Rah Xephon and Arjuna combined?

I THINK I VERY WELL MIGHT. Mostly because I LIKED this show.

Now I don't know what the fuck to do because my night ends with a guy mouth-fucking his kid sister with a goddamn tooth brush. I'm going back to giant robots where I know it is safe.

I wasn't even referring to Nise >_<

Yo, HappinessCharge Precure news

Because I can't post the scan, there seems to be multiform Precures. No, not SplashStar like (maybe), but like... like... idols.

fertygo

Hey you know, that's really great, but TEETH.

FUCKING TOOTH BRUSH.

I MEAN THAT IS SOME PANTY AND STOCKING WITH GARTERBELT SHIT.

TEETH.

Is this the most amazing scene I have ever seen? The most heinous? The most creative? The most horrifying? Is this the greatest nuclear fireworks display of all time? Do I hate this show more than I hate Gundam AGE and Sword Art Online and Pocket Full of Rainbows and Rah Xephon and Arjuna combined?

I THINK I VERY WELL MIGHT. Mostly because I LIKED this show.

Now I don't know what the fuck to do because my night ends with a guy mouth-fucking his kid sister with a goddamn tooth brush. I'm going back to giant robots where I know it is safe.
LMAO

Branduil

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 10

iOVtFanvgZ1aR.jpg

Everything about this was amazing. Best JoJo confirmed.

RIP Bob Speedwagon.

Steins;Gate 13

Kurisu's dislike of Hawaiian pizza massively downgrades her waifu potential. Also, this show would be so much more enjoyable if White Fox knew how to edit.

Steins;Gate 14

Who would have thought that explaining the situation to someone would work? And yet more White Fox screwups as
Okabe somehow magically removes the bindings on his arms.

Kyousougiga - 8

A bit disappointing to get such an exposition heavy episode after the exciting ending of the one before it. Some of the terminology is kind of going over my head right now as well. I'm really fascinated in how this is going to play out for
the original Myoue
because of recent developments, though.

Gunbuster 4 is kind of amazing. And it keeps getting better from there.

Corvo, please listen to this. It is what you need right now.

cnet128

Banned
You really just want me to get to episode 8. Admit it.

Personally I want you to get to SS where the real good shit is. But judging from your overreactions to everything so far, you would probably never get over hating this series, so ah well, I guess that probably won't happen XD

Nisemonogatari 8

PXpFjiH.gif

Toothbrushes are oranges? =p

*gasp* You used a naughty word! How can you liken a pure and innocent display of sibling hygienic fulfilment to something so crude?! =p

Little Busters! Refrain 11

:(

That got depressing real quick.

One thing I think I missed, when did the bus accident actually happen? Chronologically when it was brought up in the story or was everything from the first season a part of the world created by Kyosuke? Did Kud ever really exist?

CorvoSol

GUNBUSTER 4

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

CorvoSol

Personally I want you to get to SS where the real good shit is. But judging from your overreactions to everything so far, you would probably never get over hating this series, so ah well, I guess that probably won't happen XD

I really don't know. Part of me wants to keep going because that part of me has deluded myself into thinking that "Araragi is a lolicon" means Araragi will keep pestering Hachikuji and not Araragi will continue his completely heinous relationship with an 8 year old.

But since the entire rest of Nisemonogatari is about Araragi's other sister, and given the way this arc began, I reeeeeeeeaaaaalllllly don't know.

Toothbrushes are oranges? =p

I was very, VERY close to saying precisely that.

Which reminds me, Arjuna had a giant robot.

That thing was by no means a giant robot. Whatever that abomination was, a giant robot it was not. No way would the crackpot writer endorse giant robots. I mean yeah he gave Juna a bow when he didn't approve of violence, but a machine? Not a chance.

Wanna Be The Strongest In The World 7-10

I let this sit in my queue for a while because I had a bunch of other stuff to catch up on. I'm in southeast NY, so I'm at the mercy of a snowstorm at the moment, so anime it is! This wasn't as bad as the earlier episodes, which were pretty much just crotch-shots and overly-sexual whining. It's actually turned into a fairly decent wrestling anime since then.

Man, I feel like watching Kino's Journey again. Think I'll pop in the DVD's later.

I really don't know. Part of me wants to keep going because that part of me has deluded myself into thinking that "Araragi is a lolicon" means Araragi will keep pestering Hachikuji and not Araragi will continue his completely heinous relationship with an 8 year old.

But since the entire rest of Nisemonogatari is about Araragi's other sister, and given the way this arc began, I reeeeeeeeaaaaalllllly don't know.

Episode 8 of Nise is about as low as it gets. I don't recall the rest of Tsukihi Phoenix being particularly offensive.

Although there's definitely a scene in Nekomonogatari Black you won't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom