• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kill la Kill - 10-11
Man, these Elite fights have been a real downer across the board. Now that something substantial has finally happened, I hope things can bounce back in order. And maybe give us some more screen time for Ragyo.

cajunator

Banned
Nisemonogatari 8

PXpFjiH.gif

:D
BRUSHY BRUSHY

I can't wait for you to watch Kuttsukiboshi.

muff diving and spit bridges

Have you ever been so angry about something you find yourself laughing about how mad you feel?

I WILL NEVER FUCKING BRUSH MY TEETH EVER AGAIN

Heehee~

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 10

iOVtFanvgZ1aR.jpg

Everything about this was amazing. Best JoJo confirmed.

RIP Bob Speedwagon.

Steins;Gate 13

Kurisu's dislike of Hawaiian pizza massively downgrades her waifu potential. Also, this show would be so much more enjoyable if White Fox knew how to edit.

Steins;Gate 14

Who would have thought that explaining the situation to someone would work? And yet more White Fox screwups as
Okabe somehow magically removes the bindings on his arms.

Jojo 10

tumblr_mnxxbmdTi71qfvc64o1_500.gif

How can one man have so much swag? Animation is still terrible though :(

Fate/Zero 13

tumblr_m98gehBO9B1rnhtkzo3_500.gif

Steins;Gate 13-14

I-Cant-Explain.jpg

kenny.gif

Steins Gate just got real. Hold on cause that is a crazy rollercoaster.

Corvo's breakdowns really make me want to take part in this.

I should probably find more anime that I like before ruining the entire medium for myself though. Ho-hum.

Yeah it would be a good idea to avoid THE LIST until you have familiarized yourself with the medium in other ways.

Hanekawa is still single so I beg to differ.

Shes pretty amazing but I still like Senjou better.

Summer Wars

Glad Toonami gave me an excuse to rematch this. It's definitely grown on me after a second go. I've gone from really liking it to loving it now. I still don't think it reaches the same heights of Wolf Children or The Girl Who Leapt through Time, but for what it is, it's an amazing film.

Summer Wars

tumblr_mxgu0vQgNc1r8iz23o4_250.gif

knowshon-cries-2.gif

Fantastic movie. The main protagonist was annoying beta occasionally (he had his moments of awesomeness too to be fair) and there was a moment or two when I thought the CGI was off-putting. I was also pretty annoyed by some of the plot contrivances - "Oh snap its only X minutes into the movie, we can't have the antagonist lose yet! Quick make up some dumb reason why he doesn't!"

However the payoff was well worth it and everything else about the movie was superbly done.

Also, Summer Wars >>>>>>>>>>>> Wolf's Chilren IMO

Summer Wars is pretty good but I do like GWLTT better. I have Wolf children here but still havent watched it yet.

You missed a couple replies Cajun-kun, Corvo already finished :p

Corvo, I agree with your review. I forced myself beyond ep 8 because I wanted to finish it. Took me a while to motivate myself to start Monogatari afterwards, but I'm glad I did, it is MUCH better.

Yeah I had to read and catch up on everything. He has fun reactions.

So this was just posted into twitter by the creator of Log Horizon.

NSFW?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bbg1kszCQAErwoo.jpg:large

*squees like a penguin

Lain

White Album 2 ep 11

I liked this episode too, not only because it completed the flashback about Touma, but also because it explained why Setsuna
did ask Kitahara out like that. She saw Touma kissing him and so she acted and, well, I don't like that. This made my preference for Touma grow even more, despite the childish behaviour of expecting Kitahara to be a mindreader and just understand that her opposite actions meant she was in love with him.
That
bitchslap
hurt, for many reasons.
I can't wait for episode 12 and see how things will develop now. I can't see this ending well and I want a second season in case.

Bombless

White Album 2 11

Whoa...So Setsuna
knew of Kazusa's feelings towards Haruki and moved in because of it, then kept asking her to stay together the three of them?
That's kind of a...Lacus-Clyne-Imperial-March-eye-opener thing.

The
slap
is kind of warranted though.

Next week is the last episode? Shit's about to get real.

So this was just posted into twitter by the creator of Log Horizon.

NSFW?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bbg1kszCQAErwoo.jpg:large

Nyanta-san's face is lol. Also, is Shiroe having a wide pervy smile there? hahaha

White Album 2 11

Whoa...So Setsuna
knew of Kazusa's feelings towards Haruki and moved in because of it, then kept asking her to stay together the three of them?
That's kind of a...Lacus-Clyne-Imperial-March-eye-opener thing.

The
slap
is kind of warranted though.

Next week is the last episode? Shit's about to get real.

I think we are getting 2 more episodes. I wonder how things will end because I know they are only adapting the introductory chapter of the VN. But yeah, Setsuna
isn't a saint either, she knew her best friend was in love with Haruki (and that Haruki had feelings for Touma based on that song,) got him, and then basically rubbed it in her face. All three of them fucked this situation up.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Summer Wars

What an amazing show. Absolutely gorgeous show, fantastic characters, amazing VA cast, fantastic story, holy shit. It ropes you in so quick and you just fall in love and feel like part of the family in next to nothing. So good.

I really don't have much to say. It was just stunning.

Jintor

I don't know if this got posted, but the Log Horizon dude returned to 4chan after ep 10 for a bit for a bit of an AMA/Q&A.

Is Maou Economics any good? Or should I just read the manga? The writer seems cool.

I like how he notes that even if you CAN plausibly invent stuff in the new world it's still subject to level requirements ==;;

Jex

Nisemonogatari 6

No, yeah, no the magic is pretty much dead to me now. Hanekawa seeing Araragi's dick, Senjougahara somehow being totally afraid of Hanekawa and Kaiki being a vampire without sucking blood should by rights be entertaining, but then Shinobu licks her tooth and the PTSD kicks in and while I'm glad this didn't happen on screen I still basically have to deal with the main character having kissed his little sister.

Sometimes you like a show and it dies a horrible death, I guess.

Nise really is the low point and everything after that is pretty much better.

Steins Gate Movie

For a forced sequel that had no need nor reason to exist, this was alright. You could probably poke a ton of holes through this story's plot, but that comes along with time travel stories. It handled character fairly well. I still think that the original Steins;Gate ending was better.

Quasar

White Album 2 ep 11

I liked this episode too, not only because it completed the flashback about Touma, but also because it explained why Setsuna
did ask Kitahara out like that. She saw Touma kissing him and so she acted and, well, I don't like that. This made my preference for Touma grow even more, despite the childish behaviour of expecting Kitahara to be a mindreader and just understand that her opposite actions meant she was in love with him.
That
bitchslap
hurt, for many reasons.
I can't wait for episode 12 and see how things will develop now. I can't see this ending well and I want a second season in case.

Seem I need to rewatch it. I completely missed that bit about Setsuna. All the episode for me did was make me want to punch Kitahara more.

Bombless

I don't know if this got posted, but the Log Horizon dude returned to 4chan after ep 10 for a bit for a bit of an AMA/Q&A.

Is Maou Economics any good? Or should I just read the manga? The writer seems cool.

I like how he notes that even if you CAN plausibly invent stuff in the new world it's still subject to level requirements ==;;

He likes Arpeggio, clearly this dude is awesome! (well, he already was before this, but now it is confirmed!). Also he mourns the fact the anime is for all ages and some sexy scenes weren't adapted haha!

Seem I need to rewatch it. I completely missed that bit about Setsuna. All the episode for me did was make me want to punch Kitahara more.

Yeah, it's the scene where
Kazusa runs out of the Music Room 2.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ace No Diamond 11:

So is this getting a second season because this series is clearly not done by any means of the imagination. Hell we have not even gotten to the Summer Tournament yet. Anyway, nice to see the Chris and Eijun arc finally reach its climax and we are seeing some actual baseball being played, impressive. Also, the much needed return of SHONEN EMOTIONS, didn't know how much I was going to miss them until I saw how drab the series is without them.

LayLa

yeh i missed this bit too, went back and watched the scene again and it's surprisingly subtle compared to all the DORAMA that surrounds it

cajunator

Banned
Log Horizon already has all the Cajunatior it needs in-universe.

You can never have too much Cajun.

GBF 7-9

gundambf7.jpg

brb buying bearguy iii gunpla asap

This cutie might make me watch this. Especially comparisons to Angelic Layer.

Summer Wars

What an amazing show. Absolutely gorgeous show, fantastic characters, amazing VA cast, fantastic story, holy shit. It ropes you in so quick and you just fall in love and feel like part of the family in next to nothing. So good.

I really don't have much to say. It was just stunning.

Yeah it was a fitting followup to TGWLTT.
Theres some Digimon movie or something that people compare it to but I doubt thats better.

Now I want to go watch this. I'd never heard of it before.

It has this goddess:
f1DyG10.jpg

Otherwise, its terrible in every way.

Jintor

Log Horizon 11

Setup episode zzz. That said, still some interesting stuff going on. NPCs no longer giving out quests, so quest reward items are likely to eff up the economy at some point. Eastal politics gonna futz with the Round Table. Swimsuits. Swimsuits. Pimped out ballroom suits. Swimsuits.

Pity about the occasional off-model-ness of Marie and others... some of the angle shots looked real weird.

When did end-credits single-braid girl join them? Fop obviously joined cos of the training camp, but Shrine Maiden seemed to recognise her, so I dunno if I wasn't paying attention earlier or if it was an off-camera thing.

/edit also I caught myself legit enjoying the OP. Database, database etc.

Lain

It's subtle. When Touma
was leaving the Music Room 2, she stops at the door, which is closed, she goes back, kisses sleeping Kitahara, then as she's leaving we see the door is a little bit open now. She runs off and we can see a piece of a red arm hidden in the classroom (Music Room 1 I think).
I think the way that scene was planned out and directed was pretty good.

duckroll

In other news, the Japanese police have finally arrested a 36 year old guy from Osaka who they think is the person behind the Kurobas nonsense. Hopefully this will be the end of of his reign of terror, and DTL can sleep in peace again.

Log Horizon 11

Setup episode zzz. That said, still some interesting stuff going on. NPCs no longer giving out quests, so quest reward items are likely to eff up the economy at some point. Eastal politics gonna futz with the Round Table. Swimsuits. Swimsuits. Pimped out ballroom suits. Swimsuits.

Pity about the occasional off-model-ness of Marie and others... some of the angle shots looked real weird.

When did end-credits single-braid girl join them? Fop obviously joined cos of the training camp, but Shrine Maiden seemed to recognise her, so I dunno if I wasn't paying attention earlier or if it was an off-camera thing.

Wasn't she also in the guild that forced them to do stuff, though it only showed her once or twice?
I could be thinking of someone else.

jbug617

Banned
In other news, the Japanese police have finally arrested a 36 year old guy from Osaka who they think is the person behind the Kurobas nonsense. Hopefully this will be the end of of his reign of terror, and DTL can sleep in peace again.

I'm really surprised it went that long.

Jintor

Wasn't she also in the guild that forced them to do stuff, though it only showed her once or twice?
I could be thinking of someone else.

Maybe she was the girl shriney was having a conversation with before they broke out. If she was though they didn't go out of their way to make her noticeably ED girl.

duckroll

Magi S2 - Episode 11

Erm, yay Mor's back for one episode... I guess. Not a great episode. I think they might have expanded on some of the manga content here, but I can't really remember accurately. Still, it's disappointing they didn't give Mor's storyline a bigger role compared to Alibaba and Aladdin's journeys. There was a lot of ugly CG background panning and scrolling throughout too. Poor Mor always gets the short end of the stick. :(

Digimon Xros Wars 23

49g3HnYl.jpg

I have no words.
I told you there were worse designs waiting for you.

Luckily from now one, you'll have only awesome things.

Araragi just has awesome taste when it comes to women.

Episode 8 is one of the best things I've ever watched, rarely does anime go into that kind of insane territory.

Agree for both statements.

Log Horizon 11

When did end-credits single-braid girl join them?
Fop obviously joined cos of the training camp, but Shrine Maiden seemed to recognise her, so I dunno if I wasn't paying attention earlier or if it was an off-camera thing.

She didn't join. At this point tohya & minori are the only ones that have joined Log horizon ( aside from the 4 starting members ) ... However the event is for every beginner so everyone can join ( regardless if you're in a guild or not ), even the stuck up guy ( that wasn't one of the forced people in hamelin )

Considering both of them are in the Op and the Ed, their turn ( to have screen time ) had to come at some point .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom