• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maji de Otaku na English! Ribbon-chan 1-12 (END)
7029384y4ugj.jpg
7029385stc3y.jpg

A series of highly educational magical girl shorts. My English is more better for having watching it.

Actually enjoyed this quite a lot, despite the obvious flaws. It's somehow easier to forgive a show for its budgetary deficiencies when it openly mocks the problems itself. Highlight has to be ep 7 for the meguca-esque OP and reactions. And since the entire thing was only about 2 regular episode lengths in total, I still have an appetite for more, so onto the sequel!

Also, since I'm behind with my duties:

This marks the end of a lifetime of not finding Christmas-themed outfits hot (slightly NSFW but damn).

cajunator

Banned
Maji de Otaku na English! Ribbon-chan 1-12 (END)

A series of highly educational magical girl shorts. My English is more better for having watching it.

Actually enjoyed this quite a lot, despite the obvious flaws. It's somehow easier to forgive a show for its budgetary deficiencies when it openly mocks the problems itself. Highlight has to be ep 7 for the meguca-esque OP and reactions. And since the entire thing was only about 2 regular episode lengths in total, I still have an appetite for more, so onto the sequel!

Also, since I'm behind with my duties:

This marks the end of a lifetime of not finding Christmas-themed outfits hot (slightly NSFW but damn).

Kurumi is so amazing. why is she so amazing?

duckroll

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta - Episode 11

There were some pretty nice scenes in the episode even though it was an outsourced one, so it's good to see the general polish on the show maintained. I felt some of the scenes were a tad slower than they had to be, but they're clearly pacing the episodes to finish off on this arc, so it's not really a huge issue. The Hime/Juri scenes were really good, but the tech talk stuff with the elders was kinda zzzz. They should definitely have trimmed that scene down. Also, they made the tentacle stuff even lewder than the manga. For shame. Sick bastards. >_<

Next week... Norio Matsumoto! :D

9GnvYDl.png

See? Even the manga author is excited about it! :D :D

Now I'm going to crawl back into bed with my blankie and try to fight off this flu. >_<

Erigu

The Monogatari series keeps getting longer as Owarimonogatari is now not one, not two, but three volumes long after all.
It seems the next volume (due for release on January 31) will feature just one story, Shinobu Mail, which should (finally) tell us what happened exactly right after the events of Onimonogatari. So, yes, Kanbaru inside.
Personal speculation based on what little we know:
I'm thinking that vampire onmyôji Shinobu was talking about is back. Probably was the reason the Kita Shirahebi shrine was in that state eleven years ago, too.

(apologies if this has already been posted)

Magi S2 - Episode 11

Erm, yay Mor's back for one episode... I guess. Not a great episode. I think they might have expanded on some of the manga content here, but I can't really remember accurately. Still, it's disappointing they didn't give Mor's storyline a bigger role compared to Alibaba and Aladdin's journeys. There was a lot of ugly CG background panning and scrolling throughout too. Poor Mor always gets the short end of the stick. :(
Yeah, Mor's story was kind of lacklustre, but it was really short in the manga too. Would have been interesting if Masrur went with her.

Next episode is all about the Kou empire. Kouen bby come to meee.

tumblr_mxugiaRkG01s02dsmo1_500.jpg

CorvoSol

Now I want to go watch this. I'd never heard of it before.

Once upon a time there was an anime called Eureka Seven. After a rocky start I fell in love with it and it became one of my most cherished shows ever. Like, you know how I hate on shows and declare them unfit for viewing? So E7 I was like that at first, and it is the first and, with the exception of Geass, only anime to make me admit I was wrong about it. I loved that show.

Then I watched Pocket Full of Rainbows, where somebody had raped Eureka Seven to death, skinned it, and draped it over a much worse story.

Then I watched Astral Ocean. If Arjuna's message is that Kawamori hates humanity and wants to destroy human civilization, Astral Ocean's message is that everyone involved with it hates me personally and wanted to destroy me personally.

Here is the short review I have in my review list for Astral Ocean. Please note that Astral Ocean is the lowest item on my list, ranking beneath every. single. other. thing. I have ever hated on in this show. If you have ever seen me hate something here, know that I consider that thing, no matter how much I hated it, better than Astral Ocean.

Victory Gundam? Better than Astral Ocean. Awakening of the Trail Blazer? Better than Astral Ocean. AGE? Better than Astral Ocean. Arjuna? Better than Astral Ocean. Etc, etc, etc.

Eureka Seven- If you only ever watch one mecha anime, and that can’t be Eva, watch this. Eureka Seven is the most endearing love story in anime I’ve ever seen, has a style all its own, and characters who you can hate the hell out of one moment and love with all your heart the next. Few shows are as pure and good as Eureka. It’s like holding hands with your true love when you’re 80.

Eureka Seven Pocket Full of Rainbows-
What if one morning you got up and someone had skinned your wife alive and then put her skin on and pretended they were her? And it was obvious they weren’t, but they insisted they were? That’s Pocket Full of Rainbows.

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean- This show is like if someone raped your wife to death, while making your children slit her throat with plastic spoons. Then broke one of her ribs out, painted a picture of your mother on it with your children’s vital fluids, put your dog’s head on for a mask, then broke into the prison where you were being held and shanked you with it in the showers when you were at your weakest and most vulnerable. Then asked you why you didn’t love them. That would be a better experience for you than watching this show.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
GUNBUSTER 4

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

Oh fuck you're watching Gunbuster! Hell yeah!

====================================

Started watching Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn last night... hoooooooly shit this is awesome.

In other news, the Japanese police have finally arrested a 36 year old guy from Osaka who they think is the person behind the Kurobas nonsense. Hopefully this will be the end of of his reign of terror, and DTL can sleep in peace again.

So it wasn't a stunt to reel in more sales hmm.

Since were on the subject about Kurumi.

Found out that she's getting another figure.

Still needs to be colored though.

Theonik

Cream Lemon - Lemon Angel 01-04
ix0Hxb5ktlkYl.png
ibyNTcleqsrymL.png
iWb3NEHpJK020.png

Deep symbolism
Let's first begin by mentioning what this is:
Franchise combining a real life idol trio and limited animation short stories, with their cartoon alter egos thrown into various bizarre and generally sexual situations.
So what is this about, well it boils down to a collection of 80s animated music videos about a bunch of things, some being Ecchi and the like. It was basically 80s 5 minute midnight anime!
The first one of those is one people who are on IRC will have noticed me spamming.
These 4 episodes were quite interesting and not as lewd as one would expect. Butts aside.
Especially not compared to midnight anime of today like DxD. They are pretty well made for music videos too, stills aside.

There are about a hundred mecha series that deserved to be watched ahead of Eureka Seven.
I firmly disagree with that assertion mostly on the grounds that there are a few mecha shows that even try to do similar things to what E7 does.

lonely

*sigh* Just impulse bought £80 worth of anime, that money was meant to be for Christmas presents. Wolf children better be as good as anime gaf says!

lonely

Im sure it was worth every cent. Usually I cap a single order at 300$.
What did you buy?
First half of Steins:Gate blu-ray, both halves of Bakemonogatari on blu-ray and both seasons of Spice and Wolf on DVD and I preordered Wolf children and the place promised to us in our early days which fortunately I haven't been charged for.

cajunator

Banned
First half of Steins:Gate blu-ray, both halves of Bakemonogatari on blu-ray and both seasons of Spice and Wolf on DVD and I preordered Wolf children and the place promised to us in our early days which fortunately I haven't been charged for.

Thats a goddamned great order right there.

JCG

No? E7 is a 2005 show, Xam'd is from 2008. It's kinda recent but such a clone.

Xam'd does become messy and confusing, but I seem to recall it's still better than Astral Ocean.

It also lacks the Eureka Seven label, even if it's clear they wanted to make something similar.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I understand you strongly disagree with my opinion, but I genuinely feel the way I do in making this recommendation.

I too feel genuine about my own conviction that Eureka Seven, if I could destroy every iota of this program I would, I hate this program, I unabashedly hate it and wish it would tumble into the depths of obscurity where it belongs.

jbug617

Banned
I came around on this and willing to admit that Kurumi is truly the best girl. Tohka will still have a place for me but Kurumi has surpassed her

Walkure Romanze 11

Horses are wonderful creatures.

The birth of these fine beasts are not all that different from us at all. From the screaming to the pulling to even the male freaking out, it is such a compelling sight to behold. Then there's the little baby horsey standing up on its own, like a goddamn champ, ready to take on the world.

Truly fascinating.

Anyway, back to what's supposedly "important".

Last half with Noel vs Celia was actually exciting.

Part of me wants Noel to win, but the rest of me is still rooting for Celia to try and stop Mio's evil tyranny of BS from winning it all.

I don't have a confirmed source, but apparently Ace of Diamonds is one year long show?

It airs 8:30 AM on Sundays, which almost always means it'll be airing at least a year. There's plenty of manga material too.

Well if their doing that and continue to do four volumes of material every 11 episodes, then Id guess we'd only get to ~17 volumes covered of 38+.

I hope its that long and longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom