• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn - 01-06

VhsFDoL.png
fuMu6TO.png

Hooooooly crap that was good. I absolutely love Marida Cruz, what a badass! I knew
that simping POS Riddhe would become an antagonist. Guy is just jelly that Minerva denied his dumb ass. Here's hoping him and that tool Angelo bite the dust next episode. Fingers crossed!

FrFr! 3 and 4
BbjQ_FiCEAAZyPc.png

Ive missed Rin so much, it was so good for the whole three minutes, and Nitori is hilarious. Why switch rooms though :(

The 4th one though, was too funny. Id be laughing just as much as Nagisa or more even.

And finally the Makoharu duet songs. I like the my base, your pace. Best lines for the two.

Your unconscious thoughtfulness, without any malice or reserve,
Makes a pace that brings comfort to my heart, as it always has, unchanged

Even if the words can’t be said, that’s okay, because they’re noticed naturally
We will both probably repeat endlessly this cycle of encouraging and depending on each other

Pocket Monsters X/Y 10

Another fun episode. Kidnapping the Professor, copying Team Rocket's motto, that adorable Chespin, this episode was great.

Totally called it that their father was the masked man from the second episode.

CorvoSol

I too feel genuine about my own conviction that Eureka Seven, if I could destroy every iota of this program I would, I hate this program, I unabashedly hate it and wish it would tumble into the depths of obscurity where it belongs.

And on all of Gaf you will never find someone more sympathetic to that sentiment than I.

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn - 01-06

Hooooooly crap that was good. I absolutely love Marida Cruz, what a badass! I knew
that simping POS Riddhe would become an antagonist. Guy is just jelly that Minerva denied his dumb ass. Here's hoping him and that tool Angelo bite the dust next episode. Fingers crossed!

I love Marida

8AVt79G.jpg
doAztW8.jpg

Pokemon XY 10

So I'm going to be expecting a lot of Sycamore bondage doujins in the coming days.

Chespin finally appears and he seems like he'll be a bundle of fun with Clemont. Hopefully, they realize to leave him be and not evolve him to a horrid Quilladen.

Always hilarious whenever they mess, or just plain ignore, with Team Rockets motto.

And Serena and Bonnie proving why they're the best Pokegirls.

I live!

space brothers 86

while mutta is out getting shit down, his brother is doing weird fetish performances off our tax money while fapping off to 10 year old videos of a 15 year old girl he wants to bang.

Gundam Build Fighters - 01

While the fighting is awesome, a major reason why I'm watching this is because of her. MILF of the year folks.

I'm not watching but here's this anyway.

I live!

space brothers 86

while mutta is out getting shit down, his brother is doing weird fetish performances off our tax money while fapping off to 10 year old videos of a 15 year old girl he wants to bang.
Okaeri!

Quasar

Gingitsune 11 - continue to really like this. Really bummed its nearly over. Doubly bummed the manga is not even fan translated. Do manga becoming anime ever get enough interest for a fan translation to get started?

Jintor

Kill La Kill 11

Personally, this show would be a lot more enjoyable if Ryuko's boobs (or arse) weren't flapping around in every single frame. It really detracts from the otherwise entertaining (if poorly choreographed) action.

Also, Ryuko again pulling magic powers out of her arse. Great.

This dueling soundtracks moment could really have been made amazing with a creative audio team. Instead it just sounds like a fuckin' mess.

/edit OH SHIT! SHIT GETTING REAL

//edit but also surprisingly cute

CorvoSol

Corvo, you'll watch the rest of monogatari?

I . . . yeah, probably I will. If a dude
mouthfucking his sister with a toothbrush
wasn't enough to make me ragequit the series forever, I don't know what is.

Which means two things, really: First, my original reason for stopping Rah Xephon--implied incest-- is no longer valid and I am by law required to go back and give the series a fairer chance.

Second: I have no idea what depths of depravity animeGAF will take me to at this point.

So HYGIENIC. He's gonna rub the orange right out of her mouth he is!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill La Kill 11

Personally, this show would be a lot more enjoyable if Ryuko's boobs (or arse) weren't flapping around in every single frame. It really detracts from the otherwise entertaining (if poorly choreographed) action.

Also, Ryuko again pulling magic powers out of her arse. Great.

This dueling soundtracks moment could really have been made amazing with a creative audio team. Instead it just sounds like a fuckin' mess.

Okay, I do wonder if everybody who thinks these new forms allegedly coming out of thin air are really missing the actual plot points here.
The powers are coming from the evolution of Senketsu brought on by the fact that he has been eating life fibers all series and indeed just dined on some 3-star goku uniform action. Moreover, Senketsu being able to fly is being seen as a cause of alarm and Nudist Beach is about to make a hit on it.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 11 - The Great Rift
tumblr_mxued1F1w31sm8mkjo1_500.png

The morgianna parts felt pointless as it felt like it was just trying to run down the clock until the final three minutes to show epic Ren Kouha as usual in his wonderful way and then get all the key players in place with powerful intense war entrances. Whatever is on the horizon seems like it may be intense, I hope this arc will finally show Magi taking off.

CorvoSol

Okay, I do wonder if everybody who thinks these new forms allegedly coming out of thin air are really missing the actual plot points here.
The powers are coming from the evolution of Senketsu brought on by the fact that he has been eating life fibers all series and indeed just dined on some 3-star goku uniform action. Moreover, Senketsu being able to fly is being seen as a cause of alarm and Nudist Beach is about to make a hit on it.

No but instead I'm going to complain because I didn't like that fight.

Jintor

Oh shit! SHIT GETTING REAL!!!!

that last minute or so, holy fuck. that realness. OST finally did something rad too.

Still getting pulled out of an ass. Senketsu always evolves the exact right power needed for any given situation (unless it's Ryuko's role to get the shit beaten out of her this episode).
The fact that Nudist Beach are ready to jump her if she OPs is kind of irrelevant to that point, even if it is consequential

I was more willing to accept it in TTGL probably just because Spiral Power was a convincing catch-all for 'magic shonen powers', but life fibres seem to have some nonsensical science behind them which actually detracts from the random asspulls.

CorvoSol

I don't think anybody liked how it turned out, probably the most glaring example of Kill la Kill's stupid stand around and get hit syndrome.

I dunno, for me at least it was better than most Mobile Armor fights in Gundam, and that's basically what it was. It was way better than nerd boy's ten minute fight.

Jintor

She didn't join. At this point tohya & minori are the only ones that have joined Log horizon ( aside from the 4 starting members ) ... However the event is for every beginner so everyone can join ( regardless if you're in a guild or not ), even the stuck up guy ( that wasn't one of the forced people in hamelin )

Considering both of them are in the Op and the Ed, their turn ( to have screen time ) had to come at some point .

I meant story-wise. She kinda just turned up and had a past history. It's perfectly plausible, I just thought it odd when pretty-boy DTL-bait had one or two prior scenes or so.

Log Horizon

I was bored yesterday and decided to check this out cause it was on the front page meh anime site of choice.

And .... I FLIPPING LOVED IT! Blasted through all 11 episode, very cool stuff. At first I thought "Oh, yet another "OMG, I'm trapped in a Game (That one anime with the annoying MC)/ MMO (Sword Arts)/ REAL WORLD VERSION of a game!!!(That bomb x halo game anime)". This should be cheesy ...". But I was surprised!

Unlike Sword Arts there's none of this duel world stuff. We don't know how they ended up there, but it does seem to be a true game world. It also replaces the shameless fan service with humor and the emo "we're all doooom! D:" PoV with and lighthearted sense of friendship and exploration as well as a nice look into gamer-mindsets.

I do find a few things off though. Like the fact that no one talks about their past/ real world lives ... outside of the bro&sis pair's flashback showing that the boy loss his legs in an attempt to save her. And they never really go into the depth at which one can harm someone in this world. They talk about how imprisonment and kidnapping should now hold a much higher degree of weight to them seeing as the players can't die ... but how far can they go? Can they enslave and harm People Of The Land? And, of of course, I would have figured that we would have seen a man in a female Ava by now given how common that would be.

All in all I like it! Funny, not too mature, very lighthearted and the MC doesn't fall into the cruddy common loner trope. Sure, he's a loner ... but that's something he has learned to deal with to the point where he was actually able to make a ton of friends in this game. He also doesn't fall into that BS cool guy-beats-ALL-THE-THINGS-because-of-speed-and-hax like Sword Arts Online. Nice seeing team work in a MMO setting that makes sense.

Gundam Build Fighters - 01

While the fighting is awesome, a major reason why I'm watching this is because of her. MILF of the year folks.
Sdburton ,it's been 10 weeks since we saying that .
You can now join the worshiping clan with us .

Gingitsune 11 - continue to really like this. Really bummed its nearly over. Doubly bummed the manga is not even fan translated. Do manga becoming anime ever get enough interest for a fan translation to get started?
A sad state of affairs... hopefully a group will adapt those .. this will depend on fan demand and this will be highly dependant on how everyone feels once this ends.

I meant story-wise. She kinda just turned up and had a past history. It's perfectly plausible, I just thought it odd when pretty-boy DTL-bait had one or two prior scenes or so.
Hard to do more, she was a beginner that got caught up in hamelin trap ... hard to insert her ( or do any kind of backstory ) since she had no connexion what so ever with anyone so far (Unlike minori that knew shiroe before ). Getting inserted into 2 scenes before this arc was the best they could. i personaly don't think there is Any mention of her in the book 1 or 2 ( the ones that you have already seen adapted ).

Log Horizon

I do find a few things off though. Like the fact that no one talks about their past/ real world lives ... outside of the bro&sis pair's flashback showing that the boy loss his legs in an attempt to save her. And they never really go into the depth at which one can harm someone in this world. They talk about how imprisonment and kidnapping should now hold a much higher degree of weight to them seeing as the players can't die ... but how far can they go? Can they enslave and harm People Of The Land? And, of of course, I would have figured that we would have seen a man in a female Ava by now given how common that would be.

Unlike akatsuki , the member of the old tea party already know this stuff this is the benefit of having characters that already know themselves ( most of the important characters are already at lv 90 after all ) so they don't need to show this or talk about this.. This is the same in crescent moon. Unless book or manga trivia , you're not gonna have much important on their life outside of elder tale ( unless it counts for the plot )

Imprisonment of the people of the land is possible, and harming them is possible too i believe this was showed in ep4 ( they can die as opposed as adventurers that always respawn in the church )

Jintor

Hard to do more, she was a beginner that got caught up in hamelin trap ... hard to insert her ( or do any kind of backstory ) since she had no connexion what so ever with anyone so far. Getting inserted into 2 scenes before this arc was the best they could. i personaly don't think there is Any mention of her in the book 1 or 2 ( the ones that you have already seen adapted ).

I guess. Was pretty-boy's earlier scenes canonical? I mean, he literally just turned up and got that thing underneath the tree after the Akihabara conclusion.

I guess. Was pretty-boy's earlier scenes canonical? I mean, he literally just turned up and got that thing underneath the tree after the Akihabara conclusion.

Yes.One nice case of good adaptation . He wasn't mentionned in the book 1 and 2 either but it make sense later trust me.

NeonZ

And, of of course, I would have figured that we would have seen a man in a female Ava by now given how common that would be.

There's a character later that covers that issue according to some novel spoilers I've read. Well, not really "fixes" the issue of the lack of male playing with female characters, but at least adds one example of that to the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom