• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meganebu! Episode 11 - It's Only Natural That Glasses Wearers Love Glasses
Bbj-TX8IYAA_ch7.jpg:large
Bbj-nXHIYAAkmJo.jpg:large

The hot passion levels were through the roof this week, excellent diversion for the development Ive wanted most for this.
the storm happening and everyone on the same wavelength for what to do for not only the president but for the festival and school as well combined with the music really made it such a great fun scene that would not fail to make anyone smile. It was good.

Quasar

I meant story-wise. She kinda just turned up and had a past history. It's perfectly plausible, I just thought it odd when pretty-boy DTL-bait had one or two prior scenes or so.

I thought she was shown as a friend of Minoris in Hamelin. So I didnt think she just appeared.

CorvoSol

Shin Mazinger Z 18

Z ROCKETTO PAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNCH!!!!!

I love this show, and I love you forever, Imagawa. I mean holy crap, if you didn't think Baron Asura was the most miserable, unfortunate son of a gun after this episode, I dunno what to tell you. I mean poor Asura has to relive the entire collapse of their civilization, see the events which lead to the end of their life as two separate beings, and recall the last oath they made before the end of their world.

THEN, Asura has their loyalty to Dr. Hell put to the ultimate test, as a conflict between the oath to revive Mycenae and to save Dr. Hell arises. In a literal struggle against themselves, Asura remains loyal to Dr. Hell and opens the door to save the world. And what do they get for all of that loyalty?

"Well done, Asura. You really do make a fine traitor."

God damn. At this point, I kinda feel that Nishkiori is the real villain, and that Asura is just an unlucky person who remains loyal to the man who gave them purpose again.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gingitsune Episode 11:

While I can't say I will miss this show when it is over with, it is far too insubstantial for such invocations, this was another nice and relaxing episode that I did find interesting because I do not know all that much about Shintoism and seeing stuff like the purification ceremony.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm not watching but here's this anyway.

Awwwww yiss!

She kinda reminds me of the aunt from Denpa.

She does huh? :lol

Sdburton ,it's been 10 weeks since we saying that .
You can now join the worshiping clan with us .

Sorry for joining late, I brought cupcakes!

========================================

Gundam Build Fighters - 07

My heart... oh god.
Comiket better deliver, I swear to god!

The fight was hype as fuck, though kids persuading loan sharks with gunpla battles was just a tad bit ridiculous. :lol

Bombless

Walkure Romanze

Fuck me...they're going to have
fucking Mio
win this aren't they?

Mizuno...you better not become her begleiter for the last round or I'm going to have to beat some sense into you. Worst girl ever, Jesus.

Edit : On the other hand, Bertille showed us her best asset again this episode, so not all was lost.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 18

Dude this episode was nuts. I mean for starters we saw, on screen, a dinosaur man run through three other dinosaur man. As in he took a sword and ran them through. And then we found out how Mechasaurs are made. Basically baby dinosaurs are hatched, hit with gamma rays to mutate them, then all their organs are ripped out of their bodies and replaced with machinery. Then we saw a dude stab his uncle in the chest with a sword. Then we saw Emperor Gore dump a dude into the lava.

Oh also Michiru fell in love with a dinosaur, so now she and Musashi are even.

Most important of all, though, was the sudden revelation that Dr. Saotome has a wife. I did NOT see that coming.

zeroshiki

Not sure if this has been posted, but:

The fucktard who has been terrorizing Kuroko no Basket was finally caught yesterday. The dude turned out to be a 36-year old NEET named Hirfumi Watanabe. They caught him using analysis of surveillance cameras in the places that the bomb threat letters had been known to come from. He was caught with 20 different threat letters, some of them being death threats to the mangaka. When caught, he said "I lost" like he thought it was some kind of game.

Apparently he does not know the author nor does he know anybody involved in Kuroko no Basket. He apparently said that he felt jealous of the mangaka's success and wanted to mess with him.

Ah well, that's the end of that. Kuroko no Basket rush coming to a Comiket near you!

Dresden

The fucktard who has been terrorizing Kuroko no Basket was finally caught yesterday. The dude turned out to be a 36-year old NEET named Hirfumi Watanabe. They caught him using analysis of surveillance cameras in the places that the bomb threat letters had been known to come from. He was caught with 20 different threat letters, some of them being death threats to the mangaka. When caught, he said "I lost" like he thought it was some kind of game.

Apparently he does not know the author nor does he know anybody involved in Kuroko no Basket. He apparently said that he felt jealous of the mangaka's success and wanted to mess with him.

Ah well, that's the end of that. Kuroko no Basket rush coming to a Comiket near you!

dtl is so happy right now.

Good that he was caught.

What is this, this is pretty much the whole thing with that guy they just beat in the anime, lol.

Finally. How absurd this whole thing was.

Best news of the day, hopefully this means we get even more doujins now, hoping for tons of Hanamiya Kuroko ones even.
tumblr_mxteu7PVEG1s3dw0xo1_500.gif

SDBurton

Gundam Build Fighters - 08

Holy shit at that battle, based Nils Nielson.

And figures the arena in Argentina is held within a soccer stadium. Ridiculous! :lol

Actually duckroll posted the news earlier

NO no i'm not arti in disguise

About time they caught him. His reasons sound even more pathetic for doing this than previously imagined. Why did he even single out the series?

CorvoSol

SDF Macross 18

FUCK IT. Hikaru, I hope my voice travels back in time to bitch slap you one, son, because you need it. Kid gets beat up in battle to, you know, defend 56k lives aboard the ship, suffers injuries to the head and all kinds of crap. Does Minmay visit him? NOPE. Focker has to GO there and BEG her to do it, and then she's like "Yeah sure whatever I guess so but IDK how long I can even stay for."

And then. AND THEN. AND THEN KAIFUN SPEAKS. First of all, what the fuck. He's in her movie. Why does Kaifun get to be in Minmay's movie? He's not a star. This is some nepotism shit right here. Second of all, shut the fuck up, Kaifun. Your talk of "I know kung fu to protect people" is different from Hikaru joining the military to defend people, HOW?

But most importantly, FUCK OFF WITH THAT "You joined the military because you like it" shit.

God damn. I'd just like to point out that the first person to visit you, Hikaru, was Captain Misa Hayase and if you had any brains in your head you would forget about Cousincest Minmay and immediately jump aboard the good ship Hayase for the rest of your damn life. Because Minmay is if you took Lacus Clyne and made her less a political threat and more a vapid bimbo. No wait that's Meer Campbell. If you took Meer Campbell and drained her of her sympathetic qualities, THEN you'd have Lynn Minmay.

And I am SO, SO SO SO SO SO SO done with KYUN KYUN KYUN KYUN. It was cute, but now it reminds me of Minmay, and Minmay is basically an attachment to Kaifun, and Kaifun is a character who in ONE EPISODE ruined this entire production.

Best news of the day, hopefully this means we get even more doujins now, hoping for tons of Hanamiya Kuroko ones even.
tumblr_mxteu7PVEG1s3dw0xo1_500.gif

Just wanted to point out DTL , we're 2 week before comiket , the catalog is finalised , so you won't have any kind of increase in KnB material until march 2014 at the earliest.

Unless some crazy group ( or fandom ) get unleashed and manages something in 2 weeks before the event.
And i say "crazy" because making those kind of material takes times usually.

Just wanted to point out DTL , we're 2 week before comiket , the catalog is finalised , so you won't have any kind of increase in KnB material until march 2014 at the earliest.

Unless some crazy group ( or fandom ) get unleashed and manages something in 2 weeks before the event.

Arent there the occasional Kurobas only and other series specific events before then, I occasionally see preview flyers for series/pairing specific events.

zeroshiki

About time they caught him. His reasons sound even more pathetic for doing this than previously imagined. Why did he even single out the series?

The news programs basically searched through his life and could only find tenuous connections to Kuroko no Basket or Shueisha or the mangaka so it seems like he's just a disgruntled fan. Maybe he really hates how fujoshi have taken over the industry?

The news programs basically searched through his life and could only find tenuous connections to Kuroko no Basket or Shueisha or the mangaka so it seems like he's just a disgruntled fan. Maybe he really hates how fujoshi have taken over the industry?

Should've just spent his time getting yuribros. Now he has Zerobros.

Arent there the occasional Kurobas only and other series specific events before then, I occasionally see preview flyers for series/pairing specific events.

Hard to imagine they would be ready when untill recently there was a chance for the event to be cancelled again. Any PR need to get ready ( or have time to ).. as for the fan themselves i'm pretty sure they are glad this mess is over , but even then they need time to make something for conventions.

We are unfortunatly too close to winter comiket 2013 to hope that they do something significant.( did they rent a place to hold a event , as small as they could ? ) i would love to be proved wrong in 2 weeks BTW.

But you're right they can get ready for some nice limited event and get the PR machine working sooner than march

Should've just spent his time getting yuribros. Now he has Zerobros.
WHAT .. You don't touch yuri related stuff.

Imagine if he touched madoka magica ... i would have hunted him myself.

--------------------------
Gingitsune - 11

I liked this priest backstory. Funabashi getting flustered was cute.
the cast of character seems to have a really weird set of relationship , with plenty of hidden likes and dislikes.

Satoru was fine , haru wasn't crying or anything like that .. this was a good episode.

CorvoSol

Way to go, SDF Macross, you ruined the best thing you had going. I mean yeah the fights in this episode were stellar, but you seriously had
Kaifun lecture a man who was going to die
? At this point I choose to believe that Kaifun's purpose in the show is to illustrate how awful his kind of character is, since every one of the soldiers is a sympathetic, decent human being and he's an arrogant asshole.

fertygo

I bet KuroBas have some craziest fandom right now.
Plus there's stock from some cancelled event.

Yowamushi Pedal 5

Onoda, I like you and I'm happy you finally decided to join the bicycle club. But not even being able to kick that ball was just embarrassing.

Funny, but embarrassing nonetheless.

Can already see the start of a beautiful friendship forming between Naruko and Imaizumi. Including Onoda, they'll be the 3 bestest friends ever.

Gags at the end have always been funny, but Imaizumi actually checking out and reacting to Lovely Hime was hysterical.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 18

So Amuro hasn't really deserted the Federation, just the White Base. To prove this, he decides he's gonna blow up "the mine" and end the entire need for Operation Odessa. Yes, Amuro is convinced that with one mobile suit he is going to destroy an enemy base so powerful the Earth Federation is planning a massive assault on it. And the terrifying part is that, while the base Amuro destroys is not the base the Federation is targeting, he is otherwise completely right. With a single mobile suit he poses so much of a threat to the mine that Kycillia blows it all to bits, rather than let the Federation get it. When the White Base crew arrives on the scene, they are understandably horrified to know that Amuro's rampage could do this kind of damage.

The interesting thing about this episode is that dirt bag, sleaveball of the year M'Quve is like "No let's not blow this up because there are guys down there!" and Kycillia is the one who orders the detonation. She isn't as evil as Ghiren, but Kycillia definitely proves she's in an entirely different league from Garma.

zeroshiki

In the final battle in Gundam SEED Destiny, 3 Mobile Suits took out the entire ZAFT army. Amuro is a pussy compared to Jesus Yamato and crew.

In the midst of relaxing after shoveling snow, and chipping ice off the trunk of a car to get a hat, the mail man shows up to our door step to deliver a package! On a sunday! In Alaska!

The contents of the box was a Yayoi sketch and a chibi Wolfrun!
We have come full circle

Thanks again to madp for both of these

SDBurton

Gundam Build Fighter - 10

TLylbtT.png

Absolutely adorable. She's definitely my #2, right behind my waifu Rinko.

So the girl does have emotions! And a taste for meatbuns too! +5

And lol at thirsty Ral trying to get points with Rinko. The fuck outta here old man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom