• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Pokemon XY 8

SlGcQQTl.jpg

Ochofujin Wobbuffet. I don't even.

WHY

Walkure Romanze 11
That horse birth scene was pretty amazing. Noel's and Celia's fight was also pretty exciting, although they left on a cliffhanger. I'm betting Noel won in the end. Also Mio beat Bertille but that was a given

Dresden

gundam build fighters - 10

This was one iffy looking episode until the action at the end. The humor is enough to keep it going, though, as usual. Also Aila moemoe something something

The Battle Royale is going to be amazing.

Holy shit, Hunter X Hunter's pacing is soooo good.

Enjoying the hell out of this show so far.

this is what happens when you have :
- a good story
- a talented studio
- enough material so you don't need to filler hell every 10 eps

In short , a once in a lifetime opportunity this hunter x hunter

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Attack on Titan 1

I like this world setting, the city is pretty well designed the animation quality looks pretty good. I can see why people got interested in this show.

Damn, the dead silence when those soldiers came back into the city. Chilling shit.

A doctor with strange secrets and a promise to reveal them. I'm sure he's coming back....

Oh sweet jesus, it's a fucking giant flesh monster. This city is so fucked. So much for those one hundred years of peace.

Ah fuck, not Eren's house. Jeez.

Wow Hannes just bitched out like no nobodies business.

God damn....this is gonna be a fun show.

CorvoSol

Its healthy to balance out the rage with good stuff.

Like for reals I was squealing like a little girl when the Gunbuster combined.

Attack on Titan 1

I like this world setting, the city is pretty well designed the animation quality looks pretty good. I can see why people got interested in this show.

Damn, the dead silence when those soldiers came back into the city. Chilling shit.

A doctor with strange secrets and a promise to reveal them. I'm sure he's coming back....

Oh sweet jesus, it's a fucking giant flesh monster. This city is so fucked. So much for those one hundred years of peace.

NOOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

You were so young, Pancakes! SO YOUNG.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
NOOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

You were so young, Pancakes! SO YOUNG.

Corvo pls. My friends and coworkers won't shut up about this show (and they don't even like anime) therefore I must endure!.

Attack on Titan 1

IT'S A TRAP

Syrinx

Kino's Journey 5

I don't know if people were talking about this as being some super-dark episode, but it certainly was pretty damn dark in its own way.

The story about people in that country Kino spoke of, where machines are so prevalent and developed so that people don't have to do any work, but they do pointless, menial work that the machines do anyway just so they don't get complacent and lazy was interesting (I should stop using this word so much) because I can see where they're coming from with that attitude. But it really defeats the purpose of having machines do that work in the first place. Building machines to do this type of work was supposed to make life more convenient, but then these guys went full-circle and feel the need to inconvenience themselves to set up their economic distribution. So they're basically back where they started before machines, but now they're only doing this work...because.

So perfect the way this episode presented all of this alongside those men Kino met on the rails. One man out in front is cleaning off the dirty and rusted tracks that haven't been used in decades. A man behind him then removes that track. And then a man behind him lays down new track. All of them had more or less the same story, just one behind the last one.

It's just...sad, the way these men have dedicated over half of a century each to their pointless work, the work that the railroad company presumably gave them because they didn't have anything else for them to do. And seeing how the first two men reacted to hearing Kino's story of the country was the kicker. The first man scoffed at them and made fun of them for doing pointless work they didn't have to do, all while completely unaware that he's doing the exact same thing. And then the second man was envious that the people in the country didn't have to do any work, despite the fact that neither does he. Kino probably didn't tell the third man her story because she felt too bad for him living out this pointless life that she didn't want to hear how blind he is to that.

And when it came to why they're still doing what they do, they all answer "Well, they haven't told me to stop". They were told to do their tasks, and all these years later they still feel they need somebody to tell them to stop before they actually stop. I wonder if the railroad company still exists. I wonder if they're still paying paychecks to the respective families that these men haven't seen since they started. Though I guess they would since the men have to get their supplies from somewhere.

Then there was this short story of a lone, crazy man living alone in a whole country since everybody but him and his wife, who would die of a cold, was executed by a tyrannical majority after they established a pure democracy since their previous king was a tyrant himself. Any entity who perceives a threat to their power can be very dangerous indeed.

CorvoSol

Corvo pls. My friends and coworkers won't shut up about this show (and they don't even like anime) therefore I must endure!.

I am so sorry for your loss. Just thinking about what will happen to you as you go through. I am so sorry. So very sorry.

Nekomonogatari 2

CAT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALL OTHER GIRLS IN SHOW.

Also, Araragi can identify a girl at fifty paces by her breasts. He may be a shameless, perverted siscon, but I'll be damned if I do not admire this particular piece of his character sheet.

I am so sorry for your loss. Just thinking about what will happen to you as you go through. I am so sorry. So very sorry.

Nekomonogatari 2

CAT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALL OTHER GIRLS IN SHOW.

Also, Araragi can identify a girl at fifty paces by her breasts. He may be a shameless, perverted siscon, but I'll be damned if I do not admire this particular piece of his character sheet.

How in the fuck does lolicon not make this list?

Kino's Journey 5

I don't know if people were talking about this as being some super-dark episode, but it certainly was pretty damn dark in its own way.

I loved that one line Kino spoke in that episode:
"Farewell, King"
. Really hits you in the gut knowing that guy was the only one there.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the parts when the railroad workers ask where Kino is headed and you get that disturbing "NYEEEEEEEHH" sound, like a old female abridged Joey.

Syrinx

I loved that one line Kino spoke in that episode:
"Farewell, King"
. Really hits you in the gut knowing that guy was the only one there.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the parts when the railroad workers ask where Kino is headed and you get that disturbing "NYEEEEEEEHH" sound, like a old female abridged Joey.
There's only so much I can get my head around and write about at one time.

And that line was great, not only for that but for how he was the last man standing from a tyrannical majority that acted exactly like the king they executed.

Also..."female abridged Joey"?

cajunator

Banned
Kino's Journey 5

The story about people in that country Kino spoke of, where machines are so prevalent and developed so that people don't have to do any work, but they do pointless, menial work that the machines do anyway just so they don't get complacent and lazy was interesting (I should stop using this word so much) because I can see where they're coming from with that attitude. But it really defeats the purpose of having machines do that work in the first place. Building machines to do this type of work was supposed to make life more convenient, but then these guys went full-circle and feel the need to inconvenience themselves to set up their economic distribution. So they're basically back where they started before machines, but now they're only doing this work...because.

So perfect the way this episode presented all of this alongside those men Kino met on the rails. One man out in front is cleaning off the dirty and rusted tracks that haven't been used in decades. A man behind him then removes that track. And then a man behind him lays down new track. All of them had more or less the same story, just one behind the last one.

It's just...sad, the way these men have dedicated over half of a century each to their pointless work, the work that the railroad company presumably gave them because they didn't have anything else for them to do. And seeing how the first two men reacted to hearing Kino's story of the country was the kicker. The first man scoffed at them and made fun of them for doing pointless work they didn't have to do, all while completely unaware that he's doing the exact same thing. And then the second man was envious that the people in the country didn't have to do any work, despite the fact that neither does he. Kino probably didn't tell the third man her story because she felt too bad for him living out this pointless life that she didn't want to hear how blind he is to that.

And when it came to why they're still doing what they do, they all answer "Well, they haven't told me to stop". They were told to do their tasks, and all these years later they still feel they need somebody to tell them to stop before they actually stop. I wonder if the railroad company still exists. I wonder yif they're still paying paychecks to the respective families that these men haven't seen since they started. Though I guess they would since the men have to get their supplies from somewhere.

Then there was this short story of a lone, crazy man living alone in a whole country since everybody but him and his wife, who would die of a cold, was executed by a tyrannical majority after they established a pure democracy since their previous king was a tyrant himself. Any entity who perceives a threat to their power can be very dangerous indeed.

Excellent episode. Good points about the railway workers. Often we criticize others for things we are also guilty of doing. Its all about perspective.
you are watching one of the anime greats. Plenty of episodes to go, some of which will hit you like a ton of bricks. Also my favorites are coming up as well.

CorvoSol

How in the fuck does lolicon not make this list?

I am actively trying to forget that.

Nekomonogatari 3

Mm mm MMM, Curse Cat! Hanekawa's collection of frilly black lingerie is sort of, uh, honestly I don't know where to take this sentence other than "good gravy this high school student has a lot of frilly black lingerie." I really, really, really would like to know what it was that Araragi saw inside that house that terrified him so much. It felt almost as if the show was being deliberately vague about what was in there. All I know is "Hanekawa has no room" and that this basically means that her legal guardians are about as fucked as they are fucked up.

Meanwhile the entire series continues to tease you with the fact that Araragi was originally totally head over heels for Best Girl, but somehow he chose pencil instead. Like I hope next episode explains to me why Araragi failed to hook up with Best Girl, but it probably won't.

Araragi, meet Hikaru. Hikaru is also an idiot who isn't hooking up with his show's Best Girl. Shit's been going on since the 80s.

I am actively trying to forget that.

Nekomonogatari 3

Mm mm MMM, Curse Cat! Hanekawa's collection of frilly black lingerie is sort of, uh, honestly I don't know where to take this sentence other than "good gravy this high school student has a lot of frilly black lingerie." I really, really, really would like to know what it was that Araragi saw inside that house that terrified him so much. It felt almost as if the show was being deliberately vague about what was in there. All I know is "Hanekawa has no room" and that this basically means that her legal guardians are about as fucked as they are fucked up.

Meanwhile the entire series continues to tease you with the fact that Araragi was originally totally head over heels for Best Girl, but somehow he chose pencil instead. Like I hope next episode explains to me why Araragi failed to hook up with Best Girl, but it probably won't.

Araragi, meet Hikaru. Hikaru is also an idiot who isn't hooking up with his show's Best Girl. Shit's been going on since the 80s.

Mayoi is still a thing yo.

Jintor

Non non biyori 9

Haha, serves you right natsumi. Best bsod.

The first acts of the last two episodes weren't very good, unlike the first few episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom