• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious

Mitsuka Souji is a first year high school student who greatly loves the "twintails" hairstyle. One day a beautiful girl, Thuearle, who comes from another world suddenly appeared in front of him and gave him the power to transform into the twintails warrior TailRed. Now Souji, with the help of his childhood friend Tsube Aika who can becomes the twintails warrior TailBlue, must fight in order to protect the peace on earth.

I love it already.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 11:

Now that is a Zaku boy, that is a god damned Zaku. Indeed the World Tournament continues forward with a Battle Royale because they realized that more jobber matches would have been boring. Indeed I rather liked seeing the kind of all out assault since alliances are still formed and story-lines are still being played out, like the sordid affairs of Fellini. Club President Yuuki also debuts his new gimmick as the God of Gunpla. More meat bun shenanigans from Aila and Seji, I think this series might be angling to pair those two. We also learn that a plot point that I honestly thought they dropped is still alive and well. Anyway, a far better episode then next week since they ditched the scrub matches format and I await the match with the hulking giant Zaku, who gets points educted becuase he is not Big Zam.

Theonik

Corvo pls, that gif is 22 megabutts!
Buttwidth exceeded too. Now I can't even see it.

GUNBUSTER 5

At first I was like

But then she said "Let's combine!" and I was like

AND THEN the Gunbuster produced a giant cape and this was me for the entire rest of the episode
BUSTAAAAAH SHIIIIRDO!

Like for reals I was squealing like a little girl when the Gunbuster combined.
That bit is so magical man Fly High is so perfect for it.

Bombless

zSW6X6e.png

God damnit time, flow faster!

Jarmel

Banned
Hey Jarmel, remember when you insisted that it was 13 episodes because of the BD/DVD count and how there were no webisodes at that time so there would be no way they're doing that! :D

Yea because they hadn't announced it and they were a few episodes into the series. It became apparent the moment they announced the idol shorts that the final BD was going to be full of it.

duckroll

Yea because they hadn't announced it and they were a few episodes into the series. It became apparent the moment they announced the idol shorts that the final BD was going to be full of it.

I knew KyoAnus were scam artists from the start! I could feel it in my BONES.

duckroll

We'll see when Soul Eater Not comes around.

I'm still salty we're not getting a remake/Brotherhood redo.

I don't think BONES has any action animators left for another series. They're already doing Dandy, Noragami, Chaika, and Captain Earth, all at once! :p

Jarmel

Banned
I don't think BONES has any action animators left for another series. They're already doing Dandy, Noragami, Chaika, and Captain Earth, all at once! :p

You would know, who is working on Noragami? Seems most of the staff is working on Space Dandy, especially now that we know it's two cours.

Westlo

Bones got 4 studios... they got 4 shows.

Noragami is 12 episodes, probably that studio onto Soul Eater Not (Iwasaki better be be back for the ost)

We'll see when Soul Eater Not comes around.

I'm still salty we're not getting a remake/Brotherhood redo.

What would be the point of remaking/redoing the first half of Soul Eater, Excalibur episode aside it followed the manga a heck more closer than FMA did (and wasn't padded with filler like HxH another shounen title that was remade) Might as well make a new series and say continue from Episode 28 or whatever it was.

They had her reincarnated or some such nonsense in S2 and didn't so I'm not getting my hopes too high!

True, true...

You watching Z/X Zillions of enemy X next season btw?

Jarmel

Banned
What would be the point of remaking/redoing the first half of Soul Eater, Excalibur episode aside it followed the manga a heck more closer than FMA did (and wasn't padded with filler like HxH another shounen title that was remade) Might as well make a new series and say continue from Episode 28 or whatever it was.

They should do what FMA should have done, skipped straight past a certain number of episodes and continue on. There are a number of fights in the manga I would love to see animated and instead we're getting a prequel spinoff. That said, I do understand why this approach isn't liked.

duckroll

You would know, who is working on Noragami? Seems most of the staff is working on Space Dandy, especially now that we know it's two cours.

Noragami is an A Studio project, so I expect that Takashi Tomioka might work on it. Both Kawamoto and Hideki Yamazaki are chief animation directors on it as well. Masahiro Sato might do some animation too, since he's doing design work for the series.

Actually I expect that most Dandy animators other than Nakamura will be people who don't regularly work with BONES. Watanabe is pulling talent from all over to give all the episodes a unique feeling, so other than the "main" episodes with ace action animators from BONES, most will probably feature good animators from other parts of the industry.

Chaika should be a D Studio show, so it'll probably have staff who worked on Tempest and Brotherhood. Maybe Kameda will be able to work on it too after he's done with his Anime Mirai project? It should be almost done by now.

Captain Earth will definitely be the Star Driver guys reunited so I'll expect animators like Takahiro Shikama (if he's not stuck on SAO S2 that is), Tanaka, Arasan, etc.

Jarmel

Banned
Noragami is an A Studio project, so I expect that Takashi Tomioka might work on it. Both Kawamoto and Hideki Yamazaki are chief animation directors on it as well. Masahiro Sato might do some animation too, since he's doing design work for the series.

Actually I expect that most Dandy animators other than Nakamura will be people who don't regularly work with BONES. Watanabe is pulling talent from all over to give all the episodes a unique feeling, so other than the "main" episodes with ace action animators from BONES, most will probably feature good animators from other parts of the industry.

Chaika should be a D Studio show, so it'll probably have staff who worked on Tempest and Brotherhood. Maybe Kameda will be able to work on it too after he's done with his Anime Mirai project? It should be almost done by now.

Captain Earth will definitely be the Star Driver guys reunited so I'll expect animators like Takahiro Shikama (if he's not stuck on SAO S2 that is), Tanaka, Arasan, etc.

Thanks. Should be an interesting year.

duckroll

Oh and before I forget, I think a compositor for BONES mentioned on twitter recently that he was also working on some animation for a game, along with the other projects they've already announced. I wonder what it is...

See everybody recommends Millennium Actress. Its the best anime movie. You must see it!

I need to rewatch it. It's been waaaaaay too long.

Outbreak Company 11

I'll admit, I like this show a lot more than I thought I would, just by virtue of the fact that I'm still watching it. Maybe it's because of Myucel?

cajunator

Banned
I need to rewatch it. It's been waaaaaay too long.

Outbreak Company 11

I'll admit, I like this show a lot more than I thought I would, just by virtue of the fact that I'm still watching it. Maybe it's because of Myucel?

Millennium Actress is a yearly rewatch for me.

also Myucel is amazing.

HxH - 11

Holy crap that's some Temple of Doom shit right there.

A little kid freaking ripped a guy's heart out.
I knew this show would be dark, but damn.

Hagi

Valvrave - 7

This is a terrible show, yet here i am still watching. Also this has got to have some of the worst mech designs I've seen in recent memory, not a single good grunt design to be seen. Valvrave itself is really cool, well Haruto's version.

AReed

Watch Fate/Zero instead. It's like Kara no Kyoukai but with characterization and much better writing. :p

I'll watch movie 5 soon, I swear!

I'll probably watch both. Thanks for the suggestion.

FuckyesToradora

What did you think of Sunday Without God? I liked it up until the very end where it got kind of boring and meh-tacular. Up until that, it was pretty great, though.

I enjoyed it. I just wish the main character wasn't lolicon. If Scar was the main with more personality than it would've been even better.

Pooya

Oh and before I forget, I think a compositor for BONES mentioned on twitter recently that he was also working on some animation for a game, along with the other projects they've already announced. I wonder what it is...

Space Dandy game probably.... beside that galaga thing.

Bebop and Champloo had console games, I can see Bandai doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom