• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Kyoukai no Kanata - Episode 11

His mom, damn.....

I actually want a spinoff of Izumi, Yayoi, and Nino going to school and being exterminators.

It would basically be Mio, Yui, and Ritsu going to school, hanging out, and fighting demons. Even the people not liking this show have to admit that that would be pretty damn amusing.

I'm hoping Aki actually does something badass. It's been kind of annoying seeing him be a half demon, not really use his powers. Now we find out that Beyond the Boundary is something completely different from his half side? I see him using his demon side at the end there, so hopefully we see great things.

Also aren't they kind of fucked if the cursed blood clan is needed to kill Beyond the Boundary, the last one died, and the thing will come back eventually? Did the Nase family or author not think about that one?

I cant believe he just beats his mom up like wtf lol, also dont get his mom, im starting to think that she's the yokai and not the dad

Arpeggio of blue steel - Ars Nova - 11
Arpeggio%20of%20Blue%20Steel%20-%20Ars%20Nova%20-%2011_01.jpg

Dat tactical skills

Damn this was yet again a powerfull episode.

Gunzo is again very good at tactics , and he seems to have grasped new opportunity for tactics.
Takao being safe is also very good but this was to be expected ( her sacrifice was still meaningfull )

Now this episode had a very strong moment with 401 and her sisters 400 & 402. The various failure at communication during this chain of events was very good story telling , and made the finale very strong.

I really have NO idea how they will solve the part on japanese politics for this season so far it's not that important , ( unless they have a surprise for the end-game )

Arpeggio%20of%20Blue%20Steel%20-%20Ars%20Nova%20-%2011_02.jpg

Poor kongo i feel quite sorry for her

Ah kongo , you're going to make quite a CARNIVAL next episode.

This is going to be a very strong Finale ..

Caaarnival Da~yo ! Caaarnival Da~yo ! Caaarnival Da~yo ! Caaarnival Da~yo ! Caaarnival Da~yo !
Please don't be so angry kongo

cnet128

Banned
Gingitsune 11

Makoto, if you really want to get married and/or become a mother, I can totally help you out there.

Hiwako, your little crush on Makoto's dad continues to be sweet as fuck.

Yumi, you're just cool in general.

Cool old dude whose name I can't recall, keep your hands off Makoto.

Gin, it amuses me to see you watching TV.

Haru, you really didn't get to do much in this episode. Such a shame.

Satoru, you really didn't get to do much in this episode. Such a relief.

This show, why are you nearly over.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Naisho 5

Haha, greatest body-switching episode ever.

I like how nobody batted an eye when they saw Pop running around chasing a dragonfly when she was supposed to be taking care of Hana-chan.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 19

Not only does this episode feature what I consider to be the best mobile suit battle in the whole first series (no seriously, Gouf vs Gundam is hands down the best fight in MSG.), but it also has Ramba Ral being the best character in the entire series. It really is not hard to see why Ral is such an enduring character. Unlike Garma and M'Quve, Amuro's other opponents, Ral is a good man and a credible threat as a soldier. His Gouf poses a serious threat to the Gundam, and Ral isn't just a great fighter, his verbal smackdown to Amuro lingers with him well after the end of their battle. Amuro realizes that he isn't what matters, but the Gundam, and it causes him to have a breakdown.

It's a great episode. I recommend it to anybody who likes watching mechs throw down.

Fox318

Yowamushi Pedal 6

I love almost everything about this anime.

But dear lord, do these scenes bother me to no end.

I know I already complained about the models and CG once, but it just can't be said enough that it hurts the anime more than anything else.

Its fine when they use it sparingly but you really do notice it.

Jewelpet Happiness 7

2S3D76M.jpg

Gotta watch out for those devious Jewelpets.

A plot built around a quasi dating sim parody is exactly the sort of thing that will sail right over the heads of the little girls who are supposedly the target audience of this show. At least, I hope it will.

Bombless

Arpeggio of blue steel - Ars Nova - 11

Damn this was yet again a powerfull episode.

Gunzo is again very good at tactics , and he seems to have grasped new opportunity for tactics.
Takao being safe is also very good but this was to be expected ( her sacrifice was still meaningfull )

Now this episode had a very strong moment with 401 and her sisters 400 & 402. The various failure at communication during this chain of events was very good story telling , and made the finale very strong.

I really have NO idea how they will solve the part on japanese politics for this season so far it's not that important , ( unless they have a surprise for the end-game )

Ah kongo , you're going to make quite a CARNIVAL next episode.

This is going to be a very strong Finale ..

Caaarnival Da~yo ! Caaarnival Da~yo ! Caaarnival Da~yo ! Caaarnival Da~yo ! Caaarnival Da~yo !
Please don't be so angry kongo

Angry Kongou is best Kongou imo. Man, I don't want this to end :(

Bombless

Ah i knew it would happen but that ice cold moment
when she broke the containment and lockdown to go toward maya ...

Clap clap clap

Damn right .

Edit : OMg found this : spoiler for episode 10 and up

And then
proceeded to forcefully fuse together
. Ice cold indeed. LOL at that picture. The effect on her was probably like that in her head, yeah.

Also this episode had the best battle opening scene ever.

Dresden

gbf 11 -

Funny and badass, just the way I like it. The show balances levity and the ultra-manly-and-totally-serious intensity of competitive gunpla so well.

Also want some meatbuns now.

CorvoSol

Monogatari SS 1

Wait. Wait. Hold the phone a minute. Did girlfriend just say that
she sleeps in the HALL in the Hanekawa residence? So when Araragi said "There is no room in this house for Hanekawa Tsubasa" he meant that literally and not figuratively? Girl has been Harry Pottering it up for like, fifteen years? HOLY SHIT. And Oshino says it was Hanekawa's fault her legal father hit her? HOLY. SHIT. The only thing Oshino got right was that Hanekawa was the one people needed to fear, and not the Cat. Because seriously, you put a fucking genius in the hallway for FIFTEEN YEARS. Apparently you then don't ever speak to her. You just ignore her. NOW SHE HAS MURDEROUS FELINE POWERS.

Now I see why Araragi was so terrified. Hanekawa could have and murdered those people under these circumstances. That is some terrifying shit right there.

So the short haired apocalypse is upon me, and there are mixed results here. I mean, suddenly it feels like Hanekawa no longer has whatever control over Senjougahara she had during Nisemonogatari, which makes me wonder if Senjougahara didn't just make that up for the sake of fucking with Araragi's brain, which is a very thing to do.

On the other hand, Senjougahara had a rare moment of humanity in this episode, having freaked the hell out when she found out that
Hanekawa basically slept on the street that night.
The remainder of the episode also included rare human charity from Senjougahara.

The episode concludes with every guy in the audience demanding the scene move to the shower, only for the episode to end before we get there. Oh sure you show us lengthy bath scenes for characters we don't wanna see, but a Hanekawa Senjougahara powerhouse is utterly out of the question.

Anyway . . .

foxuzamaki

Monogatari SS 1

Wait. Wait. Hold the phone a minute. Did girlfriend just say that
she sleeps in the HALL in the Hanekawa residence? So when Araragi said "There is no room in this house for Hanekawa Tsubasa" he meant that literally and not figuratively? Girl has been Harry Pottering it up for like, fifteen years? HOLY SHIT. And Oshino says it was Hanekawa's fault her legal father hit her? HOLY. SHIT. The only thing Oshino got right was that Hanekawa was the one people needed to fear, and not the Cat. Because seriously, you put a fucking genius in the hallway for FIFTEEN YEARS. Apparently you then don't ever speak to her. You just ignore her. NOW SHE HAS MURDEROUS FELINE POWERS.

Now I see why Araragi was so terrified. Hanekawa could have and murdered those people under these circumstances. That is some terrifying shit right there.

So the short haired apocalypse is upon me, and there are mixed results here. I mean, suddenly it feels like Hanekawa no longer has whatever control over Senjougahara she had during Nisemonogatari, which makes me wonder if Senjougahara didn't just make that up for the sake of fucking with Araragi's brain, which is a very thing to do.

On the other hand, Senjougahara had a rare moment of humanity in this episode, having freaked the hell out when she found out that
Hanekawa basically slept on the street that night.
The remainder of the episode also included rare human charity from Senjougahara.

The episode concludes with every guy in the audience demanding the scene move to the shower, only for the episode to end before we get there. Oh sure you show us lengthy bath scenes for characters we don't wanna see, but a Hanekawa Senjougahara powerhouse is utterly out of the question.

Anyway . . .
get ready for feels of all kinds this season.

Gazoinks

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team 01

Enjoyable intro episode, although the series doesn't feel like it's really gotten started yet. I love 90s machine art, with the heavy shading everywhere. Shiro seems fairly stock so far, but we'll see where he goes. As I said with Yamato, nice to have a protag who's a commander instead of a hotshot newbie.

"I'M HELPING YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE THE LOVE INTEREST, DAMMIT!"

Purple dreadlocks > All

foxuzamaki

MY TEETH ARE READY, ONII CHAN

lol theres never anything too bad this season but this season is basically all the payoff that was seen in all the talking and character development and so on. just tell me when you get to episode 19 so I can post a certain video

CorvoSol

Youll never ever forget that. It has been burned deep into your psyche. Onii chan, its alright!

To be entirely honest, the toothbrush scene is pure genius in that it is so absolutely insane and so far over the line that I will never, ever, ever forget that episode.

So the short haired apocalypse is upon me.

Just so you know nisio ( the author ) ALWAYS , always cut the hair of his characters . if this doesn't happen , that means that the character devellopement is already finished ( said character will sit on a corner )
The only exception is when said girl is a self insert of the author himself in the serie.

I learned that painfully too with medaka box, monogatari or katanagatari.

Enjoy your short haired characters.... The author like it that way.

CorvoSol

Just so you know nisio ( the author ) ALWAYS , always cut the hair of his characters . if this doesn't happen , that means that the character devellopement is already finished ( said character will sit on a corner )
The only exception is when said girl is a self insert of the author himself in the serie.

I learned that painfully too with medaka box, monogatari or katanagatari.

Enjoy your short haired characters.... The author like it that way.

But long hair is so much better!

cajunator

Banned
To be entirely honest, the toothbrush scene is pure genius in that it is so absolutely insane and so far over the line that I will never, ever, ever forget that episode.

Agreed. It was so genius that that episode in addition to Platinum disco forced me to purchase Nisemonagatari.

OceanBlue

Good smile and Alter love to delay figures.

Deciding to buy the figurine was an impulsive thing in the first place. The longer I wait, the more hesitant I feel about buying it, lol. I already decided I wasn't going to buy figurines anymore, but that one just looks too good. Hopefully by February I decide I don't want it after all so I can save myself money. :<

But long hair is so much better!

Author has the final say in the matter.

-----------------------
Phi brain S3 - 11
Phi%20Brain%20-%20Kami%20no%20Puzzle%20S3%20-%2011_01.jpg

What ? i don't even ...

Cubik and Ana episode , it's nice to see them again and we have a whole episode dedicated to them since they needed some screen time.
More ana & cubic is always welcome. and the episode was very good with a predictable opponent , a puzzle easy to understand for the viewers and a lot of crazy things.

As for enigma , WTF 3 secretaries ?? All of them , he probably can cast away if he needs... Don't you dare make me jealous enigma.. you're a bad guy anyway.

Phi%20Brain%20-%20Kami%20no%20Puzzle%20S3%20-%2011_02.jpg

Always the best Ana, excellent question

The real surprise of this episode was without a doubt iwashimuzu , that get upgraded by cubic since the start of this arc ...i dunno if it's the Kaito effect but damn cubk , putting a Ai learning program in your robot with a voice output as well ? Are you trying to build a skynet ?

Next episode look quite good , especially given the events of S2 ( and the trolling we got back then ). Hebert being a puzzle critic is quite the joke , especially since he , too made a very bold and discutable change when they last fought.
Anyway i can't wait , even the title of next week episode seems to show that this will be a very fun ride.

CorvoSol

Golden Boy, Lesson 5

So now that I have seen a woman make love to a motorcycle, I have only one thing to say: The laws of physics are truly nothing compared to the power of a boner. And a boner is trumped only by one thing: the will to learn!

STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY

cajunator

Banned
Deciding to buy the figurine was an impulsive thing in the first place. The longer I wait, the more hesitant I feel about buying it, lol. I already decided I wasn't going to buy figurines anymore, but that one just looks too good. Hopefully by February I decide I don't want it after all so I can save myself money. :<

I know that feeling all too well. I also know you wont be able to quit. Its too late.

Golden Boy, Lesson 5

So now that I have seen a woman make love to a motorcycle, I have only one thing to say: The laws of physics are truly nothing compared to the power of a boner. And a boner is trumped only by one thing: the will to learn!

STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY

Its one of the greatest episodes that there is. Nothing gets between her and her Bimo baby except Kintaro.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 (War in the Pocket) - 02-06 [END]

Well that was amazing. Great story, characters, music, damn near everything was rock solid.

Watching Al witness Bernie's death, and then finding out that the one who killed him was the girl he was fond of was just so damn hard. Berniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie! T_T

This is definitely going in one of the top spots of my list regarding OVAs. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom