• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurumi was really average. Definitely not as good as Tohka or Kotori.

Given I thought kurumi was worst girl in S1 its pretty easy.
ghswpU2.png

The only thing I dislike about Non Non Biyori is how fuckin' thirsty Hotaru is. A room full of plushies of a person = bail out. I don't care if it's a cute girl makin' em for another cute girl. Bail the fuck out!

But its her precious senpai!

She's like a puppy/kitty that you just want to pet and take care of.

And you don't bail out until she has pictures on the walls and ceiling.

Vividbutts arrived a day early.
http://i.imgur.com/1Oj4NDbl.jpg[/im]
Quantity of butt is lacking in the supplied art: [url]http://imgur.com/a/zxeRh[/url]

I guess I'll get around to finish watching this now, since I only have 4 episodes left to go.[/QUOTE]

Figures the one with largest life gets the cover with her hometown showing (I think I've said this whenever Arti or whoever posted those same BD covers). Also SD butts, Aniplex pls.

Yowapeda Episode 11

Why so pretty. Good episode of cycling action in which the soundtrack really sounded great. It continues to often be the highlighting aspect of the entire experience making even some of the most routine and mundane tasks here (traveling to the location for example), feel pretty intense.

If that happened... .looooooooooooooooooool

One scene of him appearing in that show even for a second as a cameo would change everything.

Vividbutts arrived a day early.
1Oj4NDbl.jpg

Quantity of butt is lacking in the supplied art: http://imgur.com/a/zxeRh

I guess I'll get around to finish watching this now, since I only have 4 episodes left to go.

Is this show any good? I looked it up after seeing this poster and I now have mild interest.

Vito

Banned
Fuck Aniplex USA... but then again with most US anime companies you deal with some sort of bullshit.

Anyhow I'll just leave this here.

pop_h01_c_02.png
pop_h01_c_03.png

I'm not linking Onodera cause I find her boring. If one of you fine gentlemen is desperate enough, you can wrangle the pics from the url.

cajunator

Banned
One scene of him appearing in that show even for a second as a cameo would change everything.

Is this show any good? I looked it up after seeing this poster and I now have mild interest.

its GLORIOUS.
Ask Zachy.

Fuck Aniplex USA... but then again with most US anime companies you deal with some sort of bullshit.

Anyhow I'll just leave this here.

pop_h01_c_02.png
pop_h01_c_03.png

I'm not linking Onodera cause I find her boring. If one of you fine gentlemen is desperate enough, you can wrangle the pics from the url.

*squees

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 19

So I don't think I've given enough praise to the set up of this show. Getter Robo is a show about a dude who hangs out with his bros after school and all three of them try to bang his boss's daughter. Their job is to pilot giant robots and beat the crap out of mechanical dinosaurs. Getter Robo is 100% pure giant robot.

Anyway this episode is about how Ryo's dad is a stuffy old codger, which is to be expected of basically every old man on Earth at the time this show came out. Don't hate your father just because he is a WWII war criminal, Ryo.

CorvoSol

Macross 19

I dunno if I should be happy with developments or not. On the one hand, Hikaru has finally dumped Minmay's sorry ass after she failed to comprehend basic events like "HEY YOU STUPID BIMBO DID YOU NOT HEAR THAT
MY MENTOR DIED AND MY FRIEND DIED AND ALSO MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN THE CITY JUST DIED? NO? OF COURSE NOT.
"

On the other hand, Kaifun is still alive and in the middle of a massive tragedy of inconceivable proportions, Kaifun uses Minmay's ass to build a soapbox to preach about how everybody should stop fighting. Yeah, great Kaifun, because it was totally the Macross that started that fight. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Have I mentioned I fucking hate Kaifun? I hate him. SO SO much.

Gazoinks

Is 08th MS Team alright for a Gundam intro? I was talking to my friend and he recommended that, and it's much shorter than the original MGS, so I was gonna go for that instead.

Is every Gundam series standalone? Are some of them sequels? That's the main thing that confuses me about these giant mech series with all the different names. Why can't they name it Gundam: Revelations like a proper studio?

AReed

Golden Time EP 1-10

Slice of life anime, but it's centered around college kids instead of high school, which I found pretty "original".

Other than that, it has what every other slice of life anime has. I do like how the story is progressing and how the main character's amnesia affects possible relationships.

cnet128

Banned
Yozakura Quartet -Hana no Uta- 11

Oh look, a creepy
yandere siscon imouto
. Who likes
stabbing herself with blades
and
molesting other girls with shadow tentacle things

So that happened.

CorvoSol

Is 08th MS Team alright for a Gundam intro? I was talking to my friend and he recommended that, and it's much shorter than the original MGS, so I was gonna go for that instead.

Is every Gundam series standalone? Are some of them sequels? That's the main thing that confuses me about these giant mech series with all the different names. Why can't they name it Gundam: Revelations like a proper studio?

Gundam is divided into two different sets: Universal Century, which is a continuity comprised of many shows and Alternate, which are many different, mostly unrelated shows.

Universal Century's flow, chronologically (although not necessarily suggested watching order) is thus:

Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team and War in the Pocket. Stardust Memory, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam. Char's Counter Attack and Gundam Unicorn. Gundam F91 then Crossbone Gundam. Then Turn A Gundam.

Alternate shows you can watch how you want. Wing should be watched before Endless Waltz, and SEED before Destiny, and 00 before Awakening of the Trailblazer, but you can watch them independent of each other otherwise.

You should probably avoid watching Victory, AGE, and any part of 00 after its first season. Destiny and Stardust Memory are also worth skipping.

You make it seem like the manga was good at any point.

sGx39yA.gif

He never goes away, does he?

Gazoinks

Gundam is divided into two different sets: Universal Century, which is a continuity comprised of many shows and Alternate, which are many different, mostly unrelated shows.

Universal Century's flow, chronologically (although not necessarily suggested watching order) is thus:

Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team and War in the Pocket. Stardust Memory, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam. Char's Counter Attack and Gundam Unicorn. Gundam F91 then Crossbone Gundam. Then Turn A Gundam.

Alternate shows you can watch how you want. Wing should be watched before Endless Waltz, and SEED before Destiny, and 00 before Awakening of the Trailblazer, but you can watch them independent of each other otherwise.

You should probably avoid watching Victory, AGE, and any part of 00 after its first season. Destiny and Stardust Memory are also worth skipping.

Oookay, that clears things up. Thanks.

So how many panty shots were in there?

For the season finales, I need to make a Log Horizon glasses vs Yozakura pantsu tally.

Bombless

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 11

Aww yeah! More Gunzou masterminding kickass battles. Interesting developments on all fronts. Next episode is being setup to be WTFAMAZING.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Kyoukai no Kanata - Episode 11

His mom, damn.....

I actually want a spinoff of Izumi, Yayoi, and Nino going to school and being exterminators.

It would basically be Mio, Yui, and Ritsu going to school, hanging out, and fighting demons. Even the people not liking this show have to admit that that would be pretty damn amusing.

I'm hoping Aki actually does something badass. It's been kind of annoying seeing him be a half demon, not really use his powers. Now we find out that Beyond the Boundary is something completely different from his half side? I see him using his demon side at the end there, so hopefully we see great things.

Also aren't they kind of fucked if the cursed blood clan is needed to kill Beyond the Boundary, the last one died, and the thing will come back eventually? Did the Nase family or author not think about that one?

cajunator

Banned
More or less, yes. Humanity vs AI ships that have female avatars.

sounds good!

Well i've stopped buying dvds . i'm buying blu ray releases now

My action are based on the principle that i seek the highest quality possible for my anime and as such dvd is not welcomed anymore on my shelves.

Blu-ray version or nothing.

I still buy dvds if thats all there is but I prefer bluray for durability. Nearly impossible to scratch or damage them.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Not that anyone doubted this, but the English dub confirmed to be the superior version of the movie.

Actual actor in the lead role vs writer/director who didn't really want to do it but was essentially forced by crazy old man Miyazaki in the lead role.

Yeah I'd say the English dub will likely be superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom