• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea I'm listening to the GGG soundtrack. Fucking god damn, the themes are so good. The full versions also got more electric guitar in there.

Lain

but she gave us this

rRohTa7.gif

Thanks to RyougaSaotome for the gif

That was nice, but sadly too little to carry the rest of the episode.
Episode 7 better have Mako all over it.

Jex

Getter Robo Armgeddon- 1

I really like the artstyle in this. Show feels dark as fuck. Also bit of a fast start where it seems like I'm supposed to know these people.

Well, on one hand you're kind of supposed to familiar with the characters in general because hey, everyone's seen Getter Robo right? On the other hand the show 'begins' sometime after some fairly important events have occurred.

Jarmel

Banned
Well, on one hand you're kind of supposed to familiar with the characters in general because hey, everyone's seen Getter Robo right? On the other hand the show 'begins' sometime after some fairly important events have occurred.

So I take it I'm supposed to have seen another show/the original prior?

fertygo

Getter Robo Armgeddon- 1

I really like the artstyle in this. Show feels dark as fuck. Also bit of a fast start where it seems like I'm supposed to know these people.

Hell yeah. Btw, no.. its just similar case to if an comic artist have different take for batman and its cast.

Like everyone know batman right? but Snyder's comic and Nolan's movie have different take.

• Osamu Tezuka's Old Testament Stories 03 - Noah's Ark
I can't find a subbed foreign language version of this anime, since the English version cut a LOT of scenes apparently (condensing Adam & Eve and Cain & Abel into one episode!) and the only alternative I can find is a Spanish-language equivalent.

I don't speak Spanish, but these are Bible stories anyway. I don't really need to know the language to get what's going on.

The animal mascot of this series looks a lot like the Foxhound Emblem from Metal Gear. Mixed with Kimba.
nbpkg3u.png

The Spanish OP sounds a LOT cooler, though. Like old telenovelas.

1xLWqLe.gif

Hope your country made it through the typhoon ok.

thanks for your concern. The typhoon's passed, but now comes the hardest part of clean up. The towns of most of my family have been completely obliterated.

Jex

So I take it I'm supposed to have seen another show/the original prior?

Yes and no. The show assumes you've seen a number of other Getter Robot shows and it will reference/play homage to them (in fact their part of the plot) but you don't need to have seen them.

An ideal order, though, if we're just talking about the Giant Robo OVA's (cus they're nice and short) would be Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo (4 eps), New Getter Robo (13 eps) and then Getter Robo Armageddon (13 eps). None of these works are connected or anything, they just give you a fair overview of all the different works and Armageddon is kind of a big love letter to the franchise as a whole so leaving it till last makes sense. Still, I started with Armageddon and it worked just fine for me.

Mature

I kind of want to watch Macross now, are there any future plans for a new series?
No, but Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Macross Plus, Macross: Do You Remember Love?, and Macross Zero are all worth watching if you haven't already seen them.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
That shading. Mmm.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So Guided Fate Paradox is pretty good, guys. Put like 20 hours in already. Japanese voice track all the way, of course. Except when
Prinnies
showed up in one dungeon and I switched back to English momentarily because I love their English voice.

PRINNY DOOD

Hunter x Hunter
OKay....Yorknew arc over. That was damn satisfying and has made me not regret the time I've put into the show. I'll write up some more complete thoughts tomorrow when I'm not exhausted.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Girl was pretty terrible at her job. Like half the time the monster would eat people and only THEN would Saya even draw her sword. At least I assume people were eaten. Hard to tell with the frequent SHWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING of light every single time.
Thing is they hardly ever do. This is actually one of my peeves with the show because we are told constantly thats what the monster do and the whole reason for this fake town and yet 97% of the time they just murder people in non digesting related ways. So yeah, she can't do her one job of protecting, monsters can't do their one job of eating, insiders can't do their one job of keeping quiet, employer can't do his one job of following the contract, the producers can't do their one job of producing a good show.

Basically the summery of Blood C is a bunch of people set out to do one job. Almost all of them fail.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Strike the Blood 6

After a string of really good episodes, this episode had some pretty dumb shit in it.
Kojou becoming a dense harem lead, Sayaka being all in yuri love with Himeragi, LOL MISUNDERSTANDINGS, BL stuff thrown in just for the fujoshi yen, etc etc etc
. Kinda disappointing.

NeonZ

Sounds pretty Tomino to me, yeah. Like in Gundam people say it is being a Newtype that explains why people say such crazy stuff, but the truth is that, after pacing, Tomino's greatest weakness is writing dialogue.

Tomino often isn't even a script writer though, just director. But it seems like almost every script writer that works with him attempts to write "Tomino dialogue" for authenticity.

NeonZ

(I was stupid and double posted...)

Yes and no. The show assumes you've seen a number of other Getter Robot shows and it will reference/play homage to them (in fact their part of the plot) but you don't need to have seen them.

They aren't part of the plot. The show does assume that you're somewhat familiar with Getter already, and there are many references to the manga, but it's not in continuity with anything else, not even in a vague sense (unlike, say, Mazinkaiser, where it seems like some events similar to ones from other continuities took place before the show started, even if some other events didn't). In Armageddon, there was no battle against a Dinosaur Empire or a demon empire in the past. Gore/u here is just a failed clone of a Getter pilot, rather than the king of dinosaurs.

If you're talking about
the alternate dimension in the ending, that's yet again just another Armageddon creation and doesn't tie in with anything.

ahhhhhh
i was turned off by tokyo raven ep 1 but it seems that i must persevere.

anime gaf goes into discussions i never expect to have in here.
Animegaf is like that , full of unexpected.

Why are the screenshots taken in-game in Dragon's Waifu so fucking low quality?!

This is weird , i have screens that are much better quality than that , you should be fine with screen outside the starting city .

cajunator

Banned
Thing is they hardly ever do. This is actually one of my peeves with the show because we are told constantly thats what the monster do and the whole reason for this fake town and yet 97% of the time they just murder people in non digesting related ways. So yeah, she can't do her one job of protecting, monsters can't do their one job of eating, insiders can't do their one job of keeping quiet, employer can't do his one job of following the contract, the producers can't do their one job of producing a good show.

Basically the summery of Blood C is a bunch of people set out to do one job. Almost all of them fail.

Basically it was a show that knowingly trolled the fuck out of the audience, revelled in it, burned shit to the ground, and then pissed on the ashes.

ahhhhhh
i was turned off by tokyo raven ep 1 but it seems that i must persevere.

Animegaf is like that , full of unexpected.

This is weird , i have screens that are much better quality than that , you should be fine with screen outside the starting city .

Kon is really squee. Youll like her.
bejXlea.gif

Acchi Kocchi 11
Yay more cuteness.
2tz.png

Even Sensei is very cute today
3tz.png

This sounds dirty but nah, it couldn't be, this is acchi kocchi, only the purest of slice of life shows
4tz.png
5tz.png
6tz.png

Even more cute than before
Finally Io realized that he should love Tsumiki

Jex

Yamato 2199

I can't I need to lie down and cry.

There's three episodes to go. I can't even imagine what else could happen. I would be so happy if it ended right here like this.
You better hold to your buttz. That's all I will say.

Nichijou 1

I.... I... what.... I don't... This is the best thing. The whole tako bit was just... wow. I'm sorry Seraphis for not watching this sooner.

Getter Robo Armgeddon- 1

New Getter Robo - 01

This is amazing, holy fuck that preview made me turned on.

Can't wait for more impressions of those. Armageddon looks amazing from that one screenshot alone.

You better hold to your buttz. That's all I will say.

Oh man.

Jex

New Getter Robo - 01

This is amazing, holy fuck that preview made me turned on.
Getter Robo Armgeddon- 1

Awww shit. Now we got some people watching some fine ass mecha shows. Ken Ishikawa is pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom