• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Can't wait for more impressions of those. Armageddon looks amazing from that one screenshot alone.

I already watch Armageddon, the one that I currently watching is the 2004 show.

How I supposed to react for stuff like this.

WWMWnn2.jpg
DWxsKy3.jpg

HNNNNNNGGHHHHHH

And dat preview and eps title
vNgabs1.jpg
2ajZj83.jpg

HAYATO IS COMING, Holy thunder of Zeus.. where's this lost art of making hype on modern show.

Yamato 2199

Iscandar was a beautiful sight to behold. I was rolling my eyes in the beginning when it was going to turn into a beach episode but then Yamato went and yanked my heart out.

I thought this show was just entertaining and good when I first started it, never expecting for it to leap into the skies to stand among my favorite chinese girl cartoons of all time.

So I just got a package from RightStuf, and received a code to try out Neon Alley. I have no interest in the service, but there is no reason for a 30-day access pass to go to waste.

Quote to reveal code, and enter at [URL="https://neonalley.com/tryneonalley"]https://neonalley.com/tryneonalley[/URL].

Jex

I already watch Armageddon, the one that I currently watching is the 2004 show.

How I supposed to react for stuff like this.

And dat preview and eps title

Yeah it's some serious stuff. All they need to say is 'Hayato is coming' and you should already be hype, as it were. However, to be fair, super-robot shows get to have the most ridiculous title cards/episode previews in modern anime just by nature of their ridiculous content.

cnet128

Banned

...You know, I'll probably end up reading this.

As somebody already pointed out, though, the provided title translation and parts of the description are all wrong. I'm glad Fushimi wouldn't sink quite low enough to put "forbidden relationship" right there in the title. I'm actually a little disappointed that he's taken a step backwards and is making the siblings non-blood-related this time around, but I guess it gives the thing a slightly different dynamic (and probably frees him from worries of executive meddling that may or may not have influenced the OreImo ending).

Using the exact same artist AND pose for the cover art is completely shameless and makes me want to facepalm, though. I guess they needed an easy way to communicate to people in stores glancing at the cover that it was the OreImo successor... ~.~

Galilei Donna 5

JUST WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU THINK YOU WERE, FERRARIS?

STAINED GLASS WINDOWS.

PEWS.

STILL DIDN'T RECOGNIZE THAT IT WAS A CHURCH.

THEO EVEN MENTIONS FINDING GALILEO'S SCROLL IN THE BUILDING. AND IT STILL HAS TO BE EXPLAINED OUTRIGHT TO HOZUKI, BECAUSE SHE STILL CANNOT INFER WHERE SHE IS FROM THIS INFORMATION.

YOU HAVE TO BE SHITTING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pardon the internet screaming, but this aspect of the episode was so ragingly stupid that it's warranted.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention this in my impressions, that was a hilariously dense moment. (I still didn't think this was a bad episode overall, though.)

Nichijou 1

I.... I... what.... I don't... This is the best thing. The whole tako bit was just... wow. I'm sorry Seraphis for not watching this sooner.

YOU HAVE CHOSEN WELL.

Site update w/character profiles for Sekai Seifuku and new key visual by Keigo Sasaki:

http://www.sekaiseifuku-zzz.com/#chara

This show had better be as amazing as it looks, because for something so gorgeous to turn out to be a disappointment would just be heartbeaking.

BlazBlue Episode 5
tumblr_mvt8797anU1r34i5to8_500.jpg

They treat Ragna so bad, but it was at times really funny. The scene with Sena and Ragna was probably the best outside of Ragna's brief hot spring scene. For that his design really improves when he has lessor clothes, his outfit always looks way too bulky in the anime.

Looking forward to the next fight at least, so glad he's finally recovered

fertygo

Yeah it's some serious stuff. All they need to say is 'Hayato is coming' and you should already be hype, as it were. However, to be fair, super-robot shows get to have the most ridiculous title cards/episode previews in modern anime just by nature of their ridiculous content.

Another reason why its the superior sub-genre on mechaz.

Andrew J.

Is Yamato 2199 going to be eligible for 2013 AOTY voting? I'm a little leery about bringing this up, because I recall last time there were some big arguments about two-cour shows running from fall to winter, but from the looks of things there are a lot of people that might want to vote for it if they can.

Is Yamato 2199 going to be eligible for 2013 AOTY voting? I'm a little leery about bring this up, because I recall last time there were some big arguments about two-cour shows running from fall to winter, but from the looks of things there are a lot of people that might want to vote for it if they can.

Shouldnt it still qualify since it aired in its entirety in 2013 on tv.

sonicmj1

Is Yamato 2199 going to be eligible for 2013 AOTY voting? I'm a little leery about bring this up, because I recall last time there were some big arguments about two-cour shows running from fall to winter, but from the looks of things there are a lot of people that might want to vote for it if they can.

Ultimately, Fate/Zero charted in 2011 and 2012, so that should answer your question.

Jojo should also be eligible, as should (I assume) the final episodes of Girls und Panzer, and long-running shows like Space Brothers or Hunter x Hunter.

Narag

I sure hope so.

duckroll

It's so lewd, I love it. I don't think I remember these characters from the first key visual posted a while back.

Those two characters are members of "White Light" - a group of heroes of justice fighting the Zvezda organization trying to conquer the world. It makes sense that they wouldn't be in the first key visual, since the main characters are all members of Zvezda, led by their loli leader Vinieira-sama. :lol

Also, reported you to the FBI too.

Those two characters are members of "White Light" - a group of heroes of justice fighting the Zvezda organization trying to conquer the world. It makes sense that they wouldn't be in the first key visual, since the main characters are all members of Zvezda, led by their loli leader Vinieira-sama. :lol

The ridiculous gets ridiculouserererer.

Also, reported you to the FBI too.

It wouldn't be the first time!

Is Yamato 2199 going to be eligible for 2013 AOTY voting? I'm a little leery about bringing this up, because I recall last time there were some big arguments about two-cour shows running from fall to winter, but from the looks of things there are a lot of people that might want to vote for it if they can.

There used to be some nonsensical rule designed to exclude long-running shonens, but we ignore that when it suits us.

fertygo

Who watching anime in netflix anyway, maybe really ignorant of me to say that though.. you can watch some catalog in there than just the recent title.

Jex

Who watching anime in netflix anyway, maybe really ignorant of me to say that though.. you can watch some catalog in there than just the recent title.

People watch things through the easiest possible outlet. That's why people watch so much stuff on netflix, it's just there, immediately. Never forget the importance of convenience when considering why people watch something. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have only seen certain anime because it's available on a certain legal streaming service that they already have set up to watch on their TV.

Narag

It's really convenient and get the occasional surprise like the original Digimon series in jp.

Space Bros 81
Poor Kenji is going to be sent home to be a family man. I figured it would happen eventually, ever since his daughter was introduced.

Jex

[Toriko] : 90 - 96

When you combine a shounen fighting/eating/cooking show about people battling for super-ridiculous ingredients with a classic, D'arby-esque gambling-arc you get some pretty entertaining nonsense. This show is fun.

Mature

Oh wow, Sentai Filmworks just announced a license rescue for Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, for both BD and DVD, out in March (not sure if multiple parts or one complete set).
edit: they don't have the bonus omake episodes at the moment but they're "looking into it".

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?26017#post213174

Other just-announced March releases include Upotte (dub BD/DVD) and a dubbed BD/DVD rerelease of Maria Holic S2 .
Wooow. Not bad, Sentai.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm pretty sure Netflix just nuked half of their Anime catalog, while only adding two, likely garbage, ecchi shows.

I checked Netflix's anime selection for the first time in a year last night, and it was extremely sparse compared to what I remember the selection being like in the past. Disappointing, but there are a couple of long-running shounens that I can probably still watch while working out.

Articalys

Reported to FBI.
I regret nothing.
Yeah, I don't even know how one would romanize some of those character names.

Well, except for White Robin and White Egret. Those are easy.

duckroll

Yeah, I don't even know how one would romanize some of those character names.

They're pretty much all Russian: Dva (2), Professor Um (intellect), Robo-ko (Rovoko? I dunno if this is a Russian pun...), Adeen (1), Lady Plamja (flame), General Pepel (ashes).

The power of Google is a great tool!

CorvoSol

I think it's worth taking a second to explain why this one of the most powerful, and most referenced, sequences in all of Macross. Firstly, a rough gif:

fall.gif~original

This sequence is actually about 14 seconds in length but it's sped up in the .gif. As we can see the camera is always centred on Minmay as she falls around, and eventually into, the cockpit of the VF-1. What's staggering about the animation in this scene is how many things are being animated at once all while the camera is moving throughout the action. Not only is Minmay, her clothing and her hair being animated but so is the VF-1 which appears to be a fully real 3D object and we have the camera that travels all the way from the outside of the craft to the inside of the craft and then back again all without a single 'cut'.

To animate all these things happening at the same time means that the animators had to practically redraw everything on screen from scratch every few frames. This is hugely time consuming because you're usually just changing some part of some character and leaving everything else in 'the shot' untouched, where as here due to the spectacular camera movement the animators have to re-draw all the details. When the sequence is broken down into individual images it looks something like this:

Of course, outside of the sheer technical accomplishment of the scene we also have the powerful imagery of Hikaru reaching out and catching Minmay in mid air. It's hardly surprising that such a powerful and resonant piece of animation has been replicated everywhere from Eurkea 7 to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

Well, I retract my earlier comments. The scene certainly is more impressive upon further review.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned this before, but the entire OP is just all of the female characters superimposed over backdrops, floating around naked, so yeah...

Just like a real Gundam OP!

Aside for the fact its a high level technical craft.
That scene is very iconic and got referenced on everywhere, that's anime equivalence of King Kong's empire state building scene.

Haha, yes, I stand corrected.

Thing is they hardly ever do. This is actually one of my peeves with the show because we are told constantly thats what the monster do and the whole reason for this fake town and yet 97% of the time they just murder people in non digesting related ways. So yeah, she can't do her one job of protecting, monsters can't do their one job of eating, insiders can't do their one job of keeping quiet, employer can't do his one job of following the contract, the producers can't do their one job of producing a good show.

Basically the summery of Blood C is a bunch of people set out to do one job. Almost all of them fail.

Even so, the show is pulled off much, much better than the movie. That movie is so . . . sigh.

[Toriko] : 90 - 96

When you combine a shounen fighting/eating/cooking show about people battling for super-ridiculous ingredients with a classic, D'arby-esque gambling-arc you get some pretty entertaining nonsense. This show is fun.

If you're just going to be watching random episodes, you should watch 33-34. I can't remember which, but one of them is the best animated episode in the show, at least prior to when I put it on hold around the 80s.

Aim for the Ace 3-4

The coach is crazy, but it seems there is a method to his madness after all.

While this isn't as polished as later Dezaki shows, his characteristic visual tricks still show up. The above shot is one of my favorites, the white lines of the tennis net cutting through Otawa's despairing face, shaded in the depressing color of dark blue. Breaking her into pieces visually reflects her disturbed and fractured mindset after
losing to Ota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom