• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyFaith

The only person you should care about in Code Geass R2 is good ol' Orange Boy.

I'll admit that his character was quite endearing even if his intentions were bad, but they were still hilarious.

In a twisted way CG makes you route for the bad guys, but the irony is that everyone is bad claiming to be good, so you just want everyone to end up killing each other.

there are only two possible outcomes

1- it's a boy where the mom is going to name him Haruto...
2- 3 girls or maybe 3 girls and 1 boy and you know what happens to their names

lol

That's exactly what i'm feelign, the writter can try to surf on repopulation coming from the old city made possible by the coppellion , giving ibara the sense of mind she seems to lack when ANYONE question the overall coppellion action beside hers.

And damn it happens a lot.

If it's 2 boys , she is not gonna call one gennai, isn't she ?

Jigolo

Naruto 343 and 342 have been great episodes. I'm loving the anime right now. Even though 343 was almost pure flashback and basically gave away who Tobi was for anime only viewers, I still enjoyed the episode.

Theonik

Qwaser of the Stigmata 01
i4Elmvfpb9yXT.png

Ketchup
Ok so this was exactly what one would expect. :Chet everywhere and ass-shots with some odd yuri.
Pretty eh so far, but I'll stick for it. Hopefully the lolidom I've been hearing about happens soon.

Joe Molotov

Heartcatch Precure 20

Yay, I finally got to the Erika headsquish episode, that was partially responsible for getting me to watch Heartcatch in the first place.

qmKDHTI.gif

And NEW MASCOT GET! It's yellow, so I'm guessing the new Precure is gonna be the blonde tomboy.

Non Non Biyori - 01

Hotaru seems like a nice girl and i hate to bring it to the rest of the cast , but you are in the country.

Still i haven't seen a anime so calm in ages ... if i was watching this and gingitsune at the same time i wouldn't have been able to do anything.

It's been a while since i've seen an anime in the "country" , last one was higurashi & persona 4 , but so many crazy stuff was happenning , you have barely time to enjoy the scenary

madp

The Light of El Cantare
edit: well that was a super-hypocritical post from me considering what pushes my buttons. let's not after all

cajunator

Banned
I like how zeroshiki randomly posts a youtube link with a different announcement. At least Arti was accurate.

New Uesaka Sumire PV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qql3c6OgGrM

Seems like Kamikaze Douga (x AC-bu) and Naoki Yoshibe worked on it

https://twitter.com/yotube/status/413621913844334593
https://twitter.com/garuan/status/413636199324995584

duck or someone else who reads moonspeak can add to this.

I have no idea wtf I just watched.

Suda51's poison to everything he touches. RIP Short Peace.

I disagree. Loved NMH 1 and 2 way too much.

well, at least no one can blame me for precure saturation in the thread anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It will always be your fault <3

JCG

In a twisted way CG makes you route for the bad guys, but the irony is that everyone is bad claiming to be good, so you just want everyone to end up killing each other.

That's one possible mindset, I suppose, but then again not everyone dislikes the "evil" characters in fiction. I'd say Code Geass was basically the story of a protagonist who, one way or another, increasingly realizes he is in fact more villainous than heroic, rather than always denying it or claiming to be good. Which is fairly interesting in my opinion, even if I couldn't always agree with his actions or decisions.

fertygo

Kyoanus whatever last episode

Maybe its just my bad mood, but this episode is the most painful experience in my whole time watching anime.

I'll admit that his character was quite endearing even if his intentions were bad, but they were still hilarious.

It's honestly worth watching just for the ridiculousness of it all. Especially in R2. The more off the rails it goes the better it gets :D.

CorvoSol

I'm something at least :/

I would've called you a miserable pile of secrets but a dude willing to share that fapping causes him chest pain with people on the internet has no secrets. You've achieved like, enlightenment or something.

Yeah, I had a feeling you'd love this arc. Personally I feel it's one of the weaker arcs of the series, but that's only because a) I feel Hanekawa's story gets a little too much focus over the series as a whole and ends up dragging on a little, and b) Hanekawa isn't exactly one of my favourite characters. It's still a very good arc at achieving what it sets out to accomplish, namely providing a satisfying conclusion to Hanekawa's whole story and some well-earned resolution for her issues.

No comments on the fabulous new hair, though? (Screw the dye!)

I didn't want to comment on the new hair because I thought it might be spoilers. I never know what is and isn't when I'm watching a show everyone has already watched.

I do agree that Hanekawa has gotten way more focus than pretty much anyone else, though. I love her to bits, but I feel that if it goes beyond this point it would be overmuch, since girl has had three major arcs to herself, while Araragi's own girlfriend has had only one. Two if you want to say that much of Karen Bee is really Senjougahara's story. That said I think Hanekawa's development over the series has been fantastic, and that these arcs did a great job of examining her character and handling the "abused becomes the abuser" in a way that I would say was careful and thoughtful enough not to provoke any negative feelings toward the writer.

The only thing I still find odd was that brief period in Nise where Senjougahara seemed to be completely afraid of Hanekawa. That was just Hitagi screwing with Araragi's head, then?

#TeamLelouch forever

#Suzakuwasright

Polar Bear Cafe 1-8

I thought this show was supposed to be funny. I'd rather rewatch Nichijou than anymore of this.

You're going to get a lot of flak for this, but I agree with you in part. I watched maybe 10 episodes of the show, and while there were some parts I did find funny, a lot of it seemed more centered on being cute. I think the show does a great job of accomplishing that, but since it wasn't what I was looking for at the time, I also stopped watching.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Qwaser of the Stigmata 01

Ok so this was exactly what one would expect. :Chet everywhere and ass-shots with some odd yuri.
Pretty eh so far, but I'll stick for it. Hopefully the lolidom I've been hearing about happens soon.

oh your watching that series!

You're going to get a lot of flak for this, but I agree with you in part. I watched maybe 10 episodes of the show, and while there were some parts I did find funny, a lot of it seemed more centered on being cute. I think the show does a great job of accomplishing that, but since it wasn't what I was looking for at the time, I also stopped watching.

I might've just been in the wrong mood for it, but the humor just wasn't doing it for me, especially with how much of it was puns in a language I don't know.

duckroll

Samurai Flamenco - Episode 11

sdgakghpiea npitanep tniewant piaewntpi aepoj apotnpwiaht poiahwptorfnapoinfa.

So good.

So funny.

So insane.

eihapgneipah tpitnheiahnt piatpoie jtpoajerpoeaj orajetpoeajhpot hopaejytpoeaj y.

The puns humor of Shirokuma Cafe isn't even the main appeal of the show. I gotta say the characters make the show, but yes a lot of it is derived from this non-cynical world of pandas working part-time at a zoo and the relationship between these different animals. Best jokes tend to come from Llama-san being ignored. I say it's an enjoyable enough show, but a "lunch" anime for me. As in I don't know if I would've enjoyed it as much if it wasn't for the fact it was the perfect anime to watch while I had lunch. Long running shows tend to do that to me.

edit: Huh. Kyousougiga sure has weird airing schedules on Crunchyroll. I know this would come out late wednesday/early thursday. Or am I going crazy?

Polar Bear Cafe 1-8

I thought this show was supposed to be funny. I'd rather rewatch Nichijou than anymore of this.

I didn't get on well with Polar Bear Cafe either. I'm not sure if the intention was to be comforting and inoffensive, but that's what I took from it. Once I got past the initial amusement of the concept and panda's behaviour in the first episode, it stopped being able to move me in either direction, good or bad. Since I'm not looking for a gentle watch like that I dropped it.

Samurai Flamenco - Episode 11

sdgakghpiea npitanep tniewant piaewntpi aepoj apotnpwiaht poiahwptorfnapoinfa.

So good.

So funny.

So insane.

eihapgneipah tpitnheiahnt piatpoie jtpoajerpoeaj orajetpoeajhpot hopaejytpoeaj y.

Is this legit good or did it become a train-wreck? Or both?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio Ars Nova Episode 5-7
Best girl is now on the winning team and therefore show is now even better, the Endings have been tripping me up, they did a slower song with different visuals for one of the episodes which I honestly liked bettter, but then they went back to it, but now in ED7 they showed a clever thing where intead of showing the girls they show what they really are which are ships, had a lil chuckle at it.

Jarmel

Banned
I even realize it its sound like hyperbole, but man is 23 minute is ever this long..

Dude despite the story being putrid vomit, the last episode is fucking gorgeous. Probably the best looking episode of the series. I'm away from my desktop but you could probably gif like half the damn episode. It's a really great looking episode.

Pooya

Galilei Donna - "Fine"

1387474310-1.gif

to think they thought this 'scenario' was good for anime, man. I don't think there are that many worse shows than this out there...

Theonik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom